Ratings: CSI vs ...

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Waiting, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

i really don't understand why we lose viewers
    in my point view GA is very boring..gosh after 6 years watching ER i can't handle with hopital things

i'm don't know if this is out topic if is i'm sorry

someone have numbers from season 4? still my favourite
    and season 5..Gosh wassss good these seasons
    i remember the numbers from Grave danger wow

2. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

I believe CSI will beat Grey again- CSI's ratings will be about: 23.3 million

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Raven04: 23.3
    butterflied814: 21.9
    Adzix: 21.5
    IloveBilly: 21.3
    Sarahvma: 20.3

That was a damn funny episode. I thought it was really smart of CSI to go with a lighthearted case when everyone was busy digesting a huge meal - did anyone watch Grey's and the spurting heart? EW. Not a smart choice on their part.

But we'll see tomorrow, I guess - could go either way. Last week of Grey's was supposed to be really good, so more people could've tuned in because of that. I found this week's really boring, but that may have just been me *shrug*

Any other Grey's fans?

Anyone wanting to bet should do so before 9 am - when the Fast Nationals usually come out.

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

All I know right now is that Grey's won, and all of them were down from last week - but I've yet to see hard numbers. Anyone?

5. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

Oddly, I have yet to see any numbers, either. All I know is that the margin was not very large because Grey's only had 19% of all TV watching households and CSI had 18%. 1% probably isn't much more than half a million, and even a half mil could be a stretch. I'd wager it looked something like

Grey's: 22.7 mil
    CSI: 22.35 mil

or a similar insignificant difference. But, I'm certainly no analyst. So, I could be way off.

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Thanks. ollieuan - I'm really terrible at this stuff. I guess all of the ratings people decided to take the week off for Thanksgiving. lol. I think we're just going to have to go with the week's final numbers at this rate from Nielsen.

Well - I know this: CSI came second and Grey's first and the margin between them in terms of ratings, not viewers, was small. So there's still a chance that CSI can walk away with a higher number of viewers.

Well, for anyone this makes sense to, here:

"Grey's Anatomy" (households: 10.5/19, #1; adults 18-49: 7.6, #1) at 9/8c, "Grey's Anatomy Overrun/Primetime" (households: 7.1/13, #5; adults 18-49: 4.9, #4) at 10/9c and "Primetime" (households: 4.1/8, #11; adults 18-49: 2.4, #11) at 10:30/9:30c.

"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (households: 9.9/18, #2; adults 18-49: 5.2, #2)

Personal guess: I think Desperate Housewives is going to beat both of them, and then they'll be 2nd and 3rd respectively for the week.

But those ratings numbers are REALLY low, so I don't know...

From what I can try to figure out, it's their lowest 18-49 rating (both suffered big time on that one, probably because of Deal or No Deal or just plain Thanksgiving), but not their lowest household score. EARLY prediction is that they did, in fact, get over 20 million, but I can't really tell. 18-49s are very low.

7. jofod

jofod Police Officer

Sorry guys, i'm not American and i'm not a native speaker, so can someone explain to me the meaning and the difference of the words ratings and households? The audience survey system here in Italy only uses viewers and share so i don't understand the difference between these and ratings and households. Thanks!

8. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

Ok, Let's see if I can make sense of this :lol:

Just looking at the Grey's ratings, the 10.5 represents the percentage of US households that watched the show. It's fairly irrelevant, though, as not all households watch television at that time. The 19 represents the percentage of TV-Watching households, and that's the number to look for to determine which show received more total viewers. In this case, we can tell Grey's beat CSI because 19%>18%.

The first # represents the show's overall ranking for that night. This week Grey's was #1. The adults 18-49 followed by a number, 7.6 in Grey's case, is the percentage of that demographic in the US that watched the show. The final #, again 1 in this case, represents the ranking for the specified demographic.

So for CSI, "households: 9.9/18, #2; adults 18-49: 5.2, #2" tells us from left to right that 9.9% of all US households tuned in, and 18% of TV-Watching households tuned in. Overall, the show was ranked number 2 for the night. 5.2% of all Americans who are between the ages of 18 and 49 tuned in, and CSI was ranked #2 in that demographic for the night.

Unfortunately, these ratings summaries are useless for determining actualy number of viewers.

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I have a better idea, there is a Frequently Asked Questions Help for ratings explainations at The Futon Critic, it would be alot better to explain it to you.

10. jofod

jofod Police Officer

Thanks ollieuan and Destiny :)!

11. IloveBilly

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Grey's: 22.7 mil
    CSI: 22.35 mil

</pre><hr />
    thanks for information
    :(

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Where did you get that info, IloveBilly - if it's correct, that means CSI did much better in its Thanksgiving percentage drop than last year, at least.

13. IloveBilly

sorry, i don't have any numbers
    i take the quote here from ollieuan ...what i mean was GA won..this is sad cos CSI is much better

14. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

Oh, yeah, don't mind my figures. They're probably very off. :lol: They were just to prove that the margin between the two wasn't very significant.

15. IloveBilly

ok i found this link
    ...well, i have no ideia where this information came from
    but this guy said
    (23/11)

CSI 17,13 millions /Grey's Anatomy 18,46 millions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.