The Did you know...? Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by kissmesweet, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

I hope this is allowed. Delete this if you wish to. I've already posted this in CSI: NY.

Post some things that are quite UNKNOWN or ANYTHING INTERESTING to everyone about CSI: Crime Scene Investigation or the cast.

I'll start first.

In the episode, Weeping Willows-- Catherine flirted with a guy who became over-agressive. The man is played by Marg Helgenberger's real-life husband, Alan Rosenberg.

Sorry, I'm sure many of you know that. Maybe you guys have something better? :lol:

2. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Witness

No i didnt know that. I don'nt know anything that you guys dont already know. Gary Sinese plays Bass and Gary Dourdan plays guitar.

3. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

During the filming of The West Wing, Jorja Fox's foot was accidentally run over by a limo during a crucial scene. She received no broken bones, but arrived at her CSI audition in crutches.

She got the role, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise. ;)

4. butterflied814

butterflied814 Victim

Archie Kao played the blue ranger on one of the newer incarnations of Power Rangers. :)

5. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Witness

i didnt even know she was in the west wing!

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ LOL that Jorja one was interesting.

Marg Helgenberger, Jorja Fox, George Eads and Robert David Hall were all on ER (and Alan Rosenberg, too). :D

7. butterflied814

butterflied814 Victim

Who did Robert David Hall play on ER?

8. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Madison McReynolds (the original Lindsey Willows) made an appearance on ER as well.

9. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Marg Helgenberger played a cancer survivor in "Erin Brockovich". Marg's mother is a twenty-six year breast cancer survivor.

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

'RDH' played ER: The Game (2005) (VG) .. Dr. VanDeer.

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Here's some from IMDB.com :

Under the glass top of Grissom's desk is a photo of the series' executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer.

All the equipment in the lab is fully functional, and was either purchased outright, or donated/loaned to the show for product placement.

The original name of William L. Petersen's character was Gil Scheinbaum. William L. Petersen changed the name to Gil Grissom because of his admiration for astronaut Gus Grissom.

The extreme popularity of this TV series was credited for a large surge of applications for courses in forensic science.

Grissom, et. al. use the Nikon F5 fitted with a multi-control back for photographing crime scene elements. As of the 5th season, this is no longer true. Most have different cameras: e.g. Warrick uses either a Nikon D70 or Nikon D100.

When asked about a possible CSI feature film, creator Anthony E. Zuiker said he'd like to wait until after the 30th season to make it.

The choice to place this series in Las Vegas was not random. Among US crime labs, Las Vegas is the second most active, surpassed only by the FBI lab at Quantico, Virginia.

Before it was acquired by CBS, the show was first offered to ABC in 1999, but was rejected as "too confusing for the average viewer".

There were rumors of a fourth CSI series, to be set in London and using "Eminence Front" as its theme tune, but the show never materialized and there are not presently any plans for such a spin-off.

You often hear the characters referring to a four-nineteen (4-19,4/19, etc.) or sometimes a 4-45. These are the Las Vegas Metro 400 Event codes. The often-used 419 stands for "deceased person", while the less-used 445 is "explosive device threat".

The show utilizes a wide array of tactical flashlights; the most often-used light is the Surefire M4 Devastator.

Grissom and Catherine are loosely based on real-life LVMPD criminalists Daniel Holstein and Yolanda McCrery.

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Cool stuff.

Some of you may know this one: Before Carmine Giovinazzo was on CSI NY, he was on CSI's Revenge is Best Served Cold as a different character. This makes him the only actor besides David Caruso to be on all three shows.(though Horatio remains the only character)

13. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Well, that explains most of ABC's programming... :lol:

14. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

i remember hearing somewhere that wallace langham was on one episode, and that archie kao was on a couple, but correct me if im wrong

15. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

According to an interview with Jorja - Marg went into shock while filming at a real landfill for the Got Murder episode:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.