Grade 'Sweet Sixteen'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 22, 2006.

1. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

:lol: :lol: I swear I sometimes come to these threads just to read your posts. :D

Pretty boring ep. Dear lord, another friggin chasing scene? How many has there been in this season alone?? :rolleyes:

That mother was phsyco, but I loved it! She wasn't some lame guest star that fake cries and whines about her bratty children.

Man, either Claire was a part time model or Mac is really good with a camera because those pics of Claire were pretty nice.

2. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

I gave it an A-. It was good; but not nearly as good as the other ones we've been getting. The pigeons thing bored me a little, but I liked the chase scene and why does Mac always have to get the guys? Don is much more fitter and probably faster too...

I thought that the idea that Lindsay got a snake bite that put her off screen for a while was a good idea and when she was back, they blocked her with the giant desk. :lol: I was laughing then. I liked how they slipped in the fact that she mentions that she got a car for her 16th birthday. I like how CBS manages to slip in little facts and bits that you can piece into someone's past by.

I felt so bad for the kid getting beaten up though. He deserves a better family and environment.

I really enjoyed the conversation between Stella and Mac when she tells him that he should talk to Reed and I like how they followed that up from a previous episode and the ending was surprising. :) I'm enjoying how they're sort of linking their episodes together.

3. Nim

Nim Pathologist

Rated A.

Nice episode: good story and direction.

Worth watching for the Flack/Mac scenes :D great!
    And the look of Danny when he found out it was a case about doves? Like "oh no, not again!" :lol:

4. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Oh, I forgot to say that a coworker of mine got bitten by a copperhead last year. He was standing outside his SUV in his ritzy, lakefront community. Anyway, he called 911 and got to the hospital pretty quickly, where they gave him the anti-venom stuff, but his leg was still pretty messed up. At first they said he would be out of work for 8 wks, but he ended up missing only 3 wks. Just telling this because in real life, Lindsay wouldn't have been near the office before last night's episode was solved.
    And *whine* I never even got a bicycle of my own until I went to college — only my sister's hand-me down bikes. Didn't get a car until I graduated and got a job.

5. Nim

Nim Pathologist

sorry, me again...

When Mac and Danny are on the roof, there's a funny scene.
    Mac is talking to a suspect, and behind you can see Carmine almost falling. And he came near Gary trying not to laugh!!! :lol:

[​IMG]

6. FlackAttack

FlackAttack Prime Suspect

They totally pulled a Simpsons twist in the beginning of this ep, starting off with the base jumper and never revisiting it again. I thought the continuity in this ep was more interesting than the cases and I was surprised it came so quickly. It's good to know that Flack didn't forget his tiff with Mac and that Reed is still on Mac's mind. I thought the advice Stella gave to Mac was perfect. Also, Flack's anger towards Mac still seems unresolved, perhaps they'll revisit it again.

Is it me or are the characters also getting sick of cases dealing with the upper echelons of NYC society? Danny remarked how he hated rich people in "Murder Sings the Blues" and Lindsay's been unimpressed with the material excesses in a few eps. All the characters seem turned off by the greed that shows up. So, my question is, why don't the writers give up on it a bit? At the very least the pigeon story dealt with some average people with real problems.

Ack! Poor Hawkes. I know next week's episode will be a difficult one to watch. :(

7. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I am so thoroughly glad that all was not well between Mac and Flack tonight, and I think that it is safe to assume that the writers have dropped COTP from the continuity. After all, wouldn't a man saving your life with a shoelace give you reason to trust him? Still, it's good to see the fallout from "Consequences" wasn't all smoothed over.

Mac was absolutely right when he told Flack that Truby was the person with whom he should he should be angry, but for a cop, he's pretty clueless about interpersonal cop dynamics. As much as Flack loves and protects his nerds, he is still one of the boys, still wants to be, and it clearly wounds him that his fellow officers don't trust him and may even view him as a snitch. He's guy that would light himself on fire and throw himself in front of a speeding truck for a fellow officer, and because of Truby, that loyalty has been thrown into doubt.

Mac should know this, and I think that on some level, he does know, but in Macworld, rectitude renders anguish irrelevant. It was right to bust Truby(it was); therefore, Flack should not be hurt by his fellow officers' distrust(that's just...the mind, it boggles.). Mac is conflating Flack's emotional response to his psychological dislocation from his precinct to a questioning of the rightness of his action, and that confusion is just begging for trouble.

On a related note, I'm getting tired of the blatant double-standard for Mac and Stella as opposed to everyone else on the team. At least when Mac demanded Flack's notebook, he had considerable evidence to support him, but Mac asks Flack to hold off on collaring a kid in spite of a mountain of evidence because the boy was allegedly abused by his father. That's it. At the time he asks Flack for "one hour", he has not one shred of exculpatory evidence. He...just wants the time. Well, okay, Mac, if you say so. ::eyeroll:: Because God knows your gut is infallible.

Honestly, what does being abused have to do with guilt or innocence? I'm sure plenty of murderers, rapists, and child molesters were abused, but according to the reasoning Mac gave Flack, none of them could have done it because they were abused. The writers could've come up with a better reason for Mac's inexplicable insistence on Jesse's innocence.

On the B-Case front, wow, Mrs. Asherton brought some serious bitter crazy to the yard. I can only assume from her tirade that she married into money and then was unprepared for the hidden demands and pitfalls of that lifestyle. "They can't always have what they want. They can't. They can't," implies that she didn't get what she wanted growing up and thought that when she married money, it would be her turn. Unfortunately for her, she got stuck playing hostess, while hubby boned his daughter's teenage friends and her daughter got all the toys. Well, she fixed that red wagon, didn't she?

8. detectdevotion

detectdevotion Police Officer

I gave the episode a B. It did not capture my attention the way other episodes have.

For one, what in the world was the point of having Lindsay get bit by a snake? Other than I love seeing Doctor Hawkes in action, she was back about halfway through the episode...it's not like she had any more or less screentime than last week's episode, so why the lame attempt? It's not fair to Anna.

I loved that Flack was like, "Just drop it," and Mac was like, "Don, you did the right thing!" I don't think it was that Flack thought he did the wrong thing -- but that Blue Wall of Silence is high and thick. I know he feels like a snitch and I'm glad he took it out on Mac a little -- AND I'm glad he called Mac out on going with his gut, even if Mac was ultimately right.

The Reed bit at the end was nice, but I didn't like that Mac got pulled away by his pager. However, I did like that he left the pictures. Reed and his momma definitely looked related, I like that.

I missed Adam and I'm really upset he won't be in "Raising Shane." One scene where he was maybe trying to identify the poison in the birds or else finding out how the BASE jumper died would have been super funny. This episode needed a bit of humor. Also, Hammerback's commentary wasn't as witty or creepy as it has been, and that makes me sad, because Robert Joy is alwaysalwaysalways spot-on in those kinds of scenes.

It's not a bad episode, but it wasn't my favorite. I am REALLY looking forward to next week, but bring back AJ and let's get some more SUPER-SWEET Mac/Stella moments in that ep, too!

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Lindsay getting bitten by the snake was by far the best part of the episode!

Otherwise, C.

10. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

it was an okay eppy for me..there was something missing but i cant put what is it...

i love the personal bit about mac again and...

was i the only one who saw the tv guide cover! omg totally hot... when is it coming out? i doubt it's the newest... anyone have a screenshot at it?

grade: A for me..

11. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I'd love to know when that issue is goming out as well... next week possibly.. I'm dying to know.

Anyway a quick question: the lady who was murdered at the end, is she part of Casey's case or this eppy's case? I was a little confused.

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

TV Guide cover? Where! When? Now?! :lol:

I'd usually be the first to get to it and find the original shoot, but can you tell me where you've seen it?

13. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

A-

I liked it, especially the A case. The guys rock together. Eddie and Gary were great again. Good to see they gave some follow op from 'Consequences'. The case was a bit predictable, but more interesinting than the other case. I don't like all those rich girls/guys things. It's shown so often.

The end however is interesting, another open ending, I like that when follow ups can be made on previous cases.

14. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

saw it in the sneak peek for next eppy.. the last part was a pic of the tv guide cover... i think its for the first week of december...

15. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

It wasn't the best although the FBI death at the end could lead into a good episode. So now we've got crazy Eddie Furlong and unknown hitmen.....let's hope they don't team up to get Hawkes.......

I don't know why but the one thing that really bugged me was when they were working out the pigeon's flight distance, they spelt Approx. with only one p.....it bugged me for the rest of the episode.

And from the photo, Mac was one lucky fella......