Flack # 7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cass

Cass Police Officer

New thread and what a way of opening it! Gtreat pictures!

2. Cahill_Fan

Cahill_Fan Rookie

If he makes these faces arresting someone, can you imagine the OTHER faces he makes when he is doing OTHER things??? :devil:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. messinwithmesser

messinwithmesser Lab Technician

yay! new thread for flacky too! :)

4. afrikana

afrikana Pathologist

congrats on the new thread dedicated to New York's hottie detective. :D *does celebration dance*

5. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

happy new flack thread everyone!! !:D :D :D

cahill_fan ..... had to laugh at those piccis... :lol: the faces flack pulls are classic :D
    fit right in with the lil quotes he always says :devil:

6. disprncss358

disprncss358 Rookie

Cahill_Fan I loved the pics especially the first one.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

The range of facial expressions is just unbelievable. That's a great scene, especially since he did his own stunt work. Go Eddie!

8. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

*melts into giant puddle* <-- A puddle that squeaks and breaks into random fits of giggles because of all the amazing pictures on our new thread! Way to make the night with the hottest detective. ^^ I agree, his facial expressions are a huge part of who he is and why we love him so much. He did his own stunt work? Why does that not surprise me?
    Cahill_Fan, those pictures are amazing, he can be such a putz, but he's still our hero!

9. Cahill_Fan

Cahill_Fan Rookie

Glad you ladies liked them! I tell ya, half of what makes him so great are those faces!

10. disprncss358

disprncss358 Rookie

His facial expressions are the best.

11. MonkeyPrincess

MonkeyPrincess Dead on Arrival

Congrats on the new thread. Nice pics!!

12. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I rewatched "Wasted" from CSI:NY S2 today, and I'm more convinced than ever that Flack has a bugaboo/soft spot for the sick or physically weak and their loved ones. He had a very strong reaction to Paul Ridgemont's revelation that he was terminally ill, and he curiously displayed no snark whatsoever in that episode. Additionally, when Lynette Ridgemont was spinning her tale of woe to Flack and Stella, Flack had an unusually empathetic expression, as if he knew from experience how the story went. Now I know Flack is a fundamentally decent guy, but it seemed especially subdued given his penchant for swagger.

So, is it possible that he has a the soft spot on account of his parents? Maybe he watched his mother die of a long and painful illness, like cancer, or maybe his father was forced into retirement by MS, ALS, or Parkinson's. If so, and if Flack has borne witness to the slow decline of his NYPD-legend father, it could explain his terse response to Gavin Moran in "The Fall" when Moran asked after Don Sr. Maybe he doesn't want to tell anyone that his father is falling apart, or maybe he's afraid that he'll wind up in the same boat. Or maybe there was a sibling he lost to leukemia.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I've been looking for an excuse to watch all of Season 2 again, so maybe doing a Don Flack character study would be perfect. There's no other character I'd rather study. I really wish they would do some back story on Flack. We haven't seen much at all.

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Wow, that's a very intense possibility, La Guera. I could certainly see that tearing Flack up inside, although he would try very hard to keep a stoic face in public. If he watched a family member slowly lose a battle with illness, it would certainly explain his empathy in that episode, as well as the way he blew up in "And Here's to You, Mrs. Azrael" (even though it was cut out *scowl*). Yes, he spent time in the hospital after "CoTP," but the line about 'playing God' would probably be more significant if related to someone who was suffering with some sort of illness...

Very intriguing. :)

15. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Flack seems to have a dichotomous opinion on doctors, in my opinion. One the one hand, he surely knows that most of them provide a necessary and noble service, and he respects that. On the other, I get the feeling he doesn't quite trust them. It's nothing I can put my finger on.

He reported the druggie doctor to the AMA in one S2 ep(I forget the name; I just dubbed it Water Tower Surprise because there was a DB in the water tower), but who wouldn't in that case? I think, at the very least, he's well aware of the danger and pain a corrupt doctor can pose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.