Tattoos and Piercings

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by skiJeRZe, Aug 7, 2005.

1. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Re: TATTOOS

know what you mean... same for me. I'm a teacher (12-16 year olds) and I have a small tattoo just below my pink, so it is visible.. well, except when you're wearing gloves of course :) At one school it was a HUGE problem, but other schools made no problem of it. Most of the time I explained to the pupils what it stands for and they think it's cool and as long as they don't copy it I'm on the safe side *grins* After I explained and gave them a short lesson on tattoos, the pupils gave no attention to it at all!

2. iwantboromir

iwantboromir CSI Level One

I consider myself a big baby when it comes to pain, but I went back for another Tattoo and am planning another one. So, yes, I think the pain is tolerable. My sister, who is an even bigger baby, whined and complained about her tat for two months, all the while, talking about the next one. LOL Just be sure it's something you'll still like when you're old and wrinkled.

3. CSIri

CSIri Captain

I never said I wasn't getting it :p I just said I wasn't sure where to put it ;) But as you se, it ended up on my hip :D

4. samanarkCSI

samanarkCSI Pathologist

Oh, I had a teacher with like 5 tattoos. She showed most of them off too. It was really cool because one day she came in with another one and we were all like: "Woah!"
    So easily entertained we were in 8th grade. :lol:

5. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

Definately. Be sure it is something you can live with for the rest of your life. As for the pain, not so bad. I am terrified of needles. But I wanted a tattoo so bad, that I went for it. And now I have four. :D

6. skiJeRZe

skiJeRZe Rookie

^ I gotta agree with em. Be sure it's something you like when you are old and wrinkled. Get something that really means to you

As for me, I got the "Family" tattoo because my family means the most to me. As for "hope" tattoo, to reminds me each day not to lose hope that one day there would be peace on earth.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Had to revisit this thread because I finally got my first tattoo. Just like GoodLittleWench
    It's the Elvish scripture for my name, from the same font:

[​IMG]

That's fresh off the process, taken by my friend (and the tattoo artist --- who was really cool because he's done soooo many tattoos for local celebrities) so there's the redness. lol. It wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, though halfway through the process, I was ready to scream. Heh.

That's on my very, very lower back. Almost running across my ass. I'm planning to get one after a year, for the pain is really addicting. ;)

8. dylan

dylan Pathologist

purrrty!!! love it! :D elvish is very aesthetical.

i myself have a tattoo on the same place as temptationsrain; very lower back :D it´s a fairy and it´s...about the size of my hand. i´ll post a pic later, can´t seem to find it right now. i got it a year and a half ago and now i´m just wondering if someone knows this; how long does it take from the tattooing that you can give blood? ´cause there was a big blood donation...thing (can´t find the word right now, you know what i mean) in my highschool last year and they said i couldn´t participate ´cause of the tattoo...so, does anyone maybe know when am i now able to give blood again? thnx

9. Love_All_Of_CSI

Love_All_Of_CSI Rookie

Temptationsrain - where did you get your tattoo done.
    I'm thinkng about getting one.
    But i have a very very very low pain level, If someone pinches me it hurts!
    :D.
    Thank You.
    Amy xXx.

10. skiJeRZe

skiJeRZe Rookie

temptationsrain : your tattoo looks lovely.

dylan : I believe you have to wait for a year.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I doubt if we live anywhere near each other, but I'm sure there are clean and sanitized tattoo parlors around your town/place. I paid big for that simple design, but it was worth it because I know I'm free from any sort of complication. Well, except for the after- pain thing.

skiJeRZe, over here in our country, I've heard rumors that you can't ever donate blood after getting a tattoo. But I guess that's just how they are: rumors. It's good to hear that I could still donate blood after a year. lol.

12. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

Awesome tattoo temptationsrain. The elvish turned out beautifully. My tattoo guy was ready to kill me by the time he was done with mine. Swore he would never do elvish again. :D

13. Guest

Guest Guest

^^ The fact that it only has four letters would probably be the reason why it turned out nicely. ;)

14. skiJeRZe

skiJeRZe Rookie

now, I want one! I want one more tattoo,and I'm done.

What actually is elvish? care to explain?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

It was the language of Elves created by J.R.R. Tolkien for his books (Lord Of the Rings trilogy and more, of course) to complement the backdrop of them being set in Middle- Earth.

It is, by far, the most popular fictional language created for Elves. You probably would remember it as the engraved series of letters inside The Ring.