Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Reeble, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

I completely agree, butters (yes, I'm dubbing you butters). I didn't get the feeling at all from that scene that Sara was mad or sad in any way. She was smiling and overall her tone of voice was light and happy. I got the impression that Sara was just poking fun a bit at Grissom.

I didn't really like in the past seasons when Sara would go all sad after something Grissom said to her. I love Sara's character, and when she was all emo it made her strong and confident side seem like it wasn't there. Same with Grissom; I like his enigmatic side, but I sometimes want to see his geeky qualities come back.

Especially for Sarah and ziggy? Everyone knows I'm the number 1 Sackle fan out there. *shakes head in disgust* And I thought you were one of the good ones, Adz.

:p

Nice icons, by the way.

My noms:

1. Since Norman Fell
    (WHOO!)

That's basically the only one I'm rooting for. It better win this time, dammit. Fogi, I need some backup!

2. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

http://community.livejournal.com/butter_n_bread/6288.html

WAY too many Gris, Sara and GSR icons over at my LJ Community. :) Go steal some!

A lot of people are still debating that scene from the end of "Happenstance," which is probably exactly what TPTB wanted, to stir up some conversation and controversy, possibly. I agree that Sara's really letting everything roll off her shoulders, she's not taking any weight on, not freaking out at Grissom's words. Grissom, however, is in his own little world because he alone holds the new information.

I remember asking mystery about whether or not Sara found out the way the rest of the team did, and was told no. So, I think he at least tells her before he tells anyone else, and that's good, at least. Boy needs to go away for a while, get it together, and come back and dote on that woman!! C'mon GIL!

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here's an article about and from Jorja Fox and her romance as Sara with Grissom..the "Twin Cities Pioneer Press" Nov. 19th

CSI ACTRESS WASN'T SURPRISED BY ROMANCE WITH GRISSOM

ARTICLE

4. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

hm so nice names for Thread nominations...
    everyone can give suggestions?

a)I need her, more than a boss to me ,Since I met you
    b)Scientists, Coworkers, Lovers. What's your pulse at now?
    C) Love is Hot ....Here we go
    d) Evidence only knows one thing: the truth..Geek love canon

5. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Not been here in a while. I can't believe it's thread naming time again. Here's my thoughts -

She is SO waiting Up!
    Is there room in your hand luggage for me?

Or a Christmas one -

Driving Home for Christmas!

This is a fantastic Chris Rea song, about being back with his love and family during the festive time. And let's face it, we all want them cozied up in front of a roaring fire...

6. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

EXCUSE ME.

I CAME UP WITH THE SACKLIE NAME.

I AM THE NUMBER ONE SACKLIE FAN OF ALL TIME.

SO THERE.

Ahem.

Anyway, yes - Since Norman Fell ftw! (thread title wise).

I look forward to there being an Angstus Maximus finale with Sara!In!Danger & Panicked!Hero!Grissom, if that's what we get. Of course I'm not sadistic in that I want bad things to happen to our geeks, but you've gotta admit, the prospect of DOOOOOOOOOOOOM is kinda exciting.

7. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

omg!! totally freakin' cool article!! desert, you rock :D

okay, my nominations:
    1) his seminar is a good reason for a kiss!
    2) we waited soo long..just make out already!
    3) because he likes to sit on a pumpkin with her
    4) grissom needs sara, and not only to finish his crossword-puzzles...

8. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

*fogi swoops in*

Hey Reebs. Backing you up, hon. Since Norman Fell ALL THE WAY, YO!

Ahem... don't know where that "Yo" came from, but anyway... :p

Yes, and I invented GONADS. GONADS FO EVA, YO! Hmm... if we smushed the two ships together with GSR, we could have a HOT threesome. Anyone for a Sacklie-Gonad combo?

*shifty eyes* What? :devil:

On other matters, I'm trying not to take the last scene in Happenstance as either really really positive OR really really negative. There's foreshadowing in there for sure. There's also an element of Grissom quoting something that isn't necessarily a commentary on his relationship with Sara, at least not consciously, and Sara calling him on it. The look that flashed in his eyes when she said "misanthrope" was surprise (at least that's what it looked like to me) It was as though he was thinking "what? why did she...? what did I say...?"

It's also clear that he's worrying over how to tell her about the sabbatical. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the future, and I'm hesistant to speculate what way it will go, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for minimum angst.

PS: While I'm here, a little bit of fic!pimpage. Chapter Thirteen of Retribution is up at ff.net.

9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

okay, okay *tries to calm down furious Sacklie shippers*

i've EDITED that post. y'all are included!

great thread noms, everyone!

Geez, i need to go to sleep, lol. it's like 5.45 am and i still have to change into my pajamas and it's already DAY. damn, i need to stop reading FF.

peace.

10. FolkQueen

FolkQueen Victim

Well, if I remember correctly the kiss rumors were almost contemporary to the spoilers for 7x10 Loco Motives, not for 7x09 Living Legend..... ;)

Oh, this is my first post!

HUGE GSR-fan here :cool:

Hi all!

FolkQueen

11. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

hi ;)

i read that too coul be a kiss to welcoming :confused:

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Welcome FolkQueen!

And, GAH! Fogi, TS, Reebs, Adzik, Sarah and everyone else! Why do we not have a new chat? *pouts*

I've been thinking about the kiss idea a lot, and while I'd really like a kiss before they leave, I'm inclined to think we don't get one. The girls at YTDAW can't say much because of, well, you know, but I get the vibe that it's not going to be all flowers and rainbows when Gil leaves. I mean, it's going to be a tough time, and if you remember from the spoilers for "Leaving Las Vegas," Sara was "weary" when talking to Nick about Grissom. She just didn't want to deal with it at the moment because to her it wasn't just her boss taking off for a while, and, "Boy, won't that be weird to have Cath as a boss?" For her, her best friend and lover is about to take a break, to take a while off. We (the audience) have no clue if they've talked about communication while he's gone, if he'll call or if she won't in an effort to give him the space he needs. I really hope Brass knows about GSR, so he can step up and give Sara a comforting shoulder in Gil's absence. As for the kiss? Doing it in sweeps could be a great thing, or a bad thing. I've been thinking, and I can't figure out how they'd advertise it. It might be best just to sneak the kiss into a random episode where noone would expect it. So, every week I'm going to not expect a kiss in hopes that it shows up. :p How's that?

:)

13. FolkQueen

FolkQueen Victim

Thanks everyone :)

I'm pretty sure Sara looked "wary" and not "weary" in the SD from the scene in LLV......now, I'm not a native speaker, but I think the term "wary" gives another meaning to Sara's behaviour with Nick in that particular scene. But I guess we just have to wait how it will be played out on-screen :) I'm actually quite positive about the sabbatical scenario. As for the kiss....I think its ideal positioning could be during February-sweeps.....you know, Grissom may return with a bang ;) Or maybe you're right, Alyssa , and we'll get it in a completely unexpected moment.....:)

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

agreed. and we certainly NEED to establish one before 7x11. i'm gonna either squeeee or mourn (or both), it'll be very emotional and i don't wanna get mod-slapped in here.

Big Warm Welcome FolkQueen! i'm sure you'll enjoy it here, have fun!

ohhhhhhhhh, i see some fat-ass spoilers! goooooood. huge ones make me happy even if i don't read them.

and don't y'all dare telling me it's 90% speculation. even if it is.

*cocks head, turns on a hill, and goes to take a shower*

ETA: sarah, please refrain from commenting the "huge ones make me happy" line. thank you.

lol

End of ETA

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Hey, guys - I'm going to quickly compile the list of nominations that have been suggested so far, and at the end I'll explain specifically why certain ones aren't going to be allowed. I'm really sorry I didn't preface with this, but here goes:

(PS - DON'T FORGET TO BOLD)

1) They Can Share the Pumpkin
    2) Blue Eyes Meet Brown: The Sweetest Thing (U2 reference)
    3) Williams College Promotes Phonesex
    4) Since Norman Fell
    5) He only looks tired because of all the geeklovin'
    6) What happens in their bedroom would lead to our "first blush"
    7) She's his lobster
    :cool: Like a moth to a flame: This ship is HOT!
    9) We want a good-bye MAKE OUT. Period.
    10) Cuz he checks out her ass 24/7
    11) Curly Hair Couple
    12) She'll wait up in THEIR bed
    13) They're doing it. Right NOW.
    14) His Dear Honey
    15) Oh yes, She DID wait up.
    16) Cause Him calling her Babe would be awkward.
    17) Over Six Years of Waiting, Just Give Us a Kiss.
    18) Scientists Have a Different Kind of Fun.
    19) I need her
    20) More than a boss to me
    21) Since I met you
    22) Scientists, Coworkers, Lovers. What's your pulse at now?
    23) Love is Hot ....Here we go
    24) She is SO waiting Up!
    25) Is there room in your hand luggage for me?
    26) Driving Home for Christmas!
    27) his seminar is a good reason for a kiss!
    28) we waited soo long..just make out already!
    29) because he likes to sit on a pumpkin with her
    30) grissom needs sara, and not only to finish his crossword-puzzles...
    31) There's Always More Room on the Pumpkin

OOOOOKAY...

here's the deal, guys - I don't think it's fair, considering that we have, in the past, ignored comments made by actors that we didn't like, to use actor quotes or actor reasoning or actor explanations as thread titles.

I think it should really just be something that specifically appears on the screen, and should in no way mock, belittle, or poke fun at other shippers or ships, nor should it in any way imply that we are the "best" or the "only" ship.

Please please PM me if this is unclear.

Here's my ultimate fluff fanwank for the year, but what about this: what if he was implying that he'd really just like to be alone... with her. The smile he gives her is really sort of romantic and sweet. "Have it all to myself" - ...maybe she's the pumpkin. And he's tired of balancing all of the things in his life.

Like I said, really far-out fanwank. So there you go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.