"Leggo our Greggo!" - Greg/Eric discussion thread # 9

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Wojo, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Yeah, he has really grown up. Like I said before I love the more mature Greg. I don't even miss him being in the lab. Sometimes I even forget he was ever in the lab until I watch the past season's on Spike. His development as a CSI has been so great to watch, I think he belongs in the field.

I posted screen caps of Happenstance on the pic thread.

2. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

When you watch them in order, you can really see how different he is now, like, if you never saw the past seasons, you'd never think he was in the lab at all, he'd just be sort of a rookie CSI, a little different than the others only because he hasn't been exposed to everything they all have.

But lab!Greg or CSI!Greg, either way, he's still just is too good. :) And in early season 6, when Henry (the toxicologist) said to him that he kind of looked up to him because he really kind of wants to be in the field too, now that was too cute!

And I just saw the caps, you have to read my reply to those, believe me, I really liked them. :)

3. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Greg seems to have hardened a lot. I watched 'Chasing the Bus' today and watched the scene where he froze and thought to myself "this is the guy that did not throw up at his first autopsy". It's amazing how far he's come mentally and emotionally - and he is getting a lot more attractive. I also think he's easing off on the coffee. Has anyone else noticed that he doesn't gitter, fidget and move around as much as he once did?

4. CSIangel17

CSIangel17 Pathologist

Yeah i agree he doesnt really 'fidget' as much as he did but i think that thats because although he loved the lab, he didnt feel like his talents were being put to use, so he used to get a bit bored.

But knows he's in the field he seems to have come into his element and matured if that makes sense. I think that he wanted to mature and he did that by going into the field and doing what he loved but by also going into the field he kind of broke away from his mother, who he said would never let him play sport or anything. So i think he's matured and become more responsible. If that makes any sense whatsoever :lol:

But he's definitely changed for the better, and by being in the field I think he's earned more respect from his co-workers, especially when they all got together and celebrated his proficiency passing :D

5. speakerset

I loved that scene where he passed, even if Ecklie tried to break it up, after that, that talk with Grissom, that little mini celebration in the corner, it was just so nice to see, they knew he could pass but were just waiting for it..and how cute was that little bit when they sort of made him squirm a little when Nick told him that Grissom wanted to see him.

I think where Greg is so intelligent, what he was doing, while interesting, can also get boring, I know I get bored doing the same thing over and over, no matter how interesting, after a while you've done it so many times you can do it with your eyes closed, it's the challenge I like, and I think that was what it was with Greg, he sort of wanted a challenge, wanted to use his brain more, wanted to be more involved and especially wanted to be more part of the team.

While he doesn't fidget as much, being a CSI is more, how can I put this, he had more freedom in the lab, while being a CSI, it's more sort of straight-laced, not to say he still doesn't totally have his Greg moments..like in "A Bullet Runs Through It" having to document all those bullets..and that line about how Grissom 's power of observation sort of freaks him out sometimes..and then "He said skid marks." I love those moments.

6. crmscnnvstgtr101

crmscnnvstgtr101 CSI Level Two

I think part of Greg's appeal is his maturity and the speed at which he is maturing. The transition from the lab to the field is definitely tiresome and very different, so I think he's adapted extremely well. I doubt that many of the other CSIs were put in the same situations as him (ie: in Fannysmackin'),so I think that sets him apart from everyone else. I'm glad that although Greg is getting the screentime we wanted in the first place, I'm glad the writers have decided to drag out his storyline in moderation so that there is the majority of the season for his character to get developed as a CSI.

7. speakerset

You put it perfectly. I really can't add anything to that at all but totally agree with you. Not only about the transition and even the missteps that he endured but still pressed on, add in the training when there were times when he was sort of lost because no one told him about something (the example would be in "Early Rollout" with Warrick's way to organized trunk with all his CSI equipment) to Fannysmackin' going back to work, asking to be put back in the field and doing his job, with still visible and add in, not visible bruises from that. I'm glad too, I like to see character development as well, and especially in this case, where it's Greg.

8. sherlockanne

sherlockanne Lab Technician

I agree with all you guys. What I also love about Greg is how much he really loves his job. Like in 'Precious Metal'...

Grissom: What happened to youe enthusiasm Greg?
    Greg: Well every time I make a DNA match in here my world gets a little smaller, out there is felt large.
    Grissom: Out there means a pay cut.
    Greg: It's not about the money.
    *pause*
    Grissom: That's good to know.

I think he really impressed Grissom there, and it really shows his loyalty to his job. Just one more thing that makes him so amazing. :)

9. disprncss358

disprncss358 Rookie

Lab Greg was awsome, but I like him better in the field.

10. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Anyone read Snake Eyes? There's another 'Grissom-proud-of-Greg' moment at the very end of that. I love the way Greg is portrayed in the novel, and all of Warrick's reflections on how well Greg is doing. Not to mention how Greg handled the situation with Fleety - I would have freaked out in that situation, but Greg kept his cool and in effect saved Warrick's life.

11. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

That was a sad moment, I think. Greg seamed so upset he was stuck in the lab. But I agree, it had Grissom going :eek:. In a good way. ;)

I miss lab Greggo, but I love him in the field too! Whenever I need some cheering up I just get my season 1-4 and watch him in the lab.. But I can also watch 5-6 because he's still so funny! *sighs* :D

12. speakerset

While I do miss Greg in the lab sometimes, especially when he isn't involved too much in the cases, I think that the progression to the field was a good thing, almost like you could see it coming, through the seasons you could see him get more involved in them, even in Scuba, he was so excited to be part of that investigation.

That part was a little sad, but it did lead Grissom to get him out in the field..I think the sadder one was in "Chasing the Bus" when he thought he screwed up, that scene with Sara in the lab, when she was hanging around for her results, almost like she didn't know what to say, in ways I'm a lot like Greg, when I'm quiet they know something's wrong with me, he was quiet, she could tell he was upset, that's why she said that he was really good at what he does.

Plus she totally defended him when the other labster said that he had make a fool of the lab department.

I'm not a Greg and Sara shipper, but I was so glad she spoke up for him there.

13. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

I like him either way, I like him out in the field better tho

14. speakerset

As long as he has good scenes, the lab, the field, I'm fine with it..sometimes I do miss Greg in the lab, but like I said, either way, I'm fine with it.

15. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

Greg was hot as usual in the dirt, mud and wearing his safety glasses. His skin looked like it was kinda glowing-in a very good way. HOTTT! It would have been better if Greggo and Roger were in a scene together( Roger may be older, but he is still attractive in my opinion)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.