Horatio & Yelina #5 ~ How Can I Not Love You?~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Welcome HC_4 _my_birthday to the H/Y Thread. :)

Indeed, H manipulated that scenario in '10-7' very nicely, in that Yelina was left with no option but to go with them. The key factor was Ray Jnr's elation at seeing his Dad again, plus they had to make a quick getaway. There was no time for deliberation. She definitely didn't want to let go of H though. :(

2. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Welcome HC_4 _my_birthday to H/Y Thread from me to ;)

i have a lot doubt did Y still love Ray Sn. (S 1-3). he have betray/leave his family not only ones - what about Suzzy and Medison or the fact that he fake his own death...things like this are hard to be forget, but the truth is that Raymond at first place is Ray Jnr. father and after this her hubby...also here have one other thing that make me wonder...long time before 'NTL' and '10-7' epis we have one 'strange' chat between Y and H in 'Blood Brothers' somethig like "H: I used to think that you hadn't met Raymond first,that you and I...Y: I'm still your brother's wife....I suppose I'm going to have to accept things for now..." all this for me is like...i marry for the worng bro...in meaning Y have problems with Ray Sn. more before he go to be undercover cop and aslo Y&H have feeling for each other maybe from the first time they have meet... hope all this post make sense

3. inge

inge CSI Level Two

they really said that?
    I have to watch Season 2 again, unbelievable how much quotes and scenes I forgot. I'm such a bad fan. :(

For me, this quote says everything about their relationship and about all the barriers.

I'm still your brother's wife
    this is the main problem. Yelina still feels committed to Ray. He might be dead, but he still has control over her. maybe she feels guilty about her feeling for her brother in law.

I suppose I'm going to have to accept things for now
    the 'for now' part gives me hope.
    Yelina needs time, but she want to be together with him.

I used to think that you hadn't met Raymond first,that you and I
    this gives us maybe something about their past. maybe they met in Miami and worked together as cops and Horatio didn't know that she was with her brother and she didn't know that he's her bf/husband's brother and then Ray introduced them and both were maybe shocked.
    or maybe it's just my fantasy. :p
    This is also the prove that Horatio wants to be together with her.

you know what, I'm falling in love with this pairing for the second time. this is the best quote ever. (for me)
    Thank you very much for posting it Pusher. :D

awww, you're soo nice! *hugs* :D

4. Lucy

I have to jump in here ;) as this quote needs to be taken in context. It also helps a great deal to actually hear the dialogue and the tone of expression between them. When Y says, "I'm still your brothers wife, hmm?", it is like she is stating it from H's point of view, like she is reading his thoughts, hence the questioning 'hmm?' at the end. I can understand why you may have interpreted it this way from just this quote inge, but infact, the scenario is quite the oppsosite. It is infact Horatio that still feels committed to Raymond, and Yelina is the more willing of the two to move on.

As we know, H has a deep conscience. If he were to get involved with Yelina, he has guilt issues on 3 fronts:

- His sense of disloyalty to Ray (though this is misguided).
    - He still feels somehow responsible for Ray's death.
    - He has quite possibly always been in love with Yelina, even when she was married to Ray.

Here's the whole dialogue, but if you can get to see 'Blood Brothers', that is the best way of trying to make sense of what I'm saying! ;)

H: I see Stetler over there.
    Y: Yes. He said you told him to talk to me.
    H: No, that's not what I said to him. I said to him that I couldn't speak for you.
    Y: Nor for yourself apparently.
    H: (looks uncomfortable and adjusts his footing) Okay. I used to think that if you hadn't met Raymond first, that you and I....
    Y: Then Raymond died.
    H: Right. And everything changed and it is easy to get used to those boundaries.
    Y: Right. I'm still your brother's wife, hmm? (pause)
    It's not your fault Raymond got killed. Nor mine. If anything you tried harder than anyone to get Raymond to be more careful.
    H: Maybe I didn't try hard enough.
    Y: That is not true. I don't believe that. But maybe you do. Okay, I suppose I'm going to have to accept things for now.

It is an amazing scene. The eye contact, the emotion, the acting, the chemistry, just wow! :)

5. moondog

moondog Victim

Grr, I always wondered why the editing in NTL looked so odd on my DVD- the shot of Yelina clearly showed the top of Ray's head even though he had moved to the side just before. It was an obviously recycled shot. I can't believe CBS put that poorly edited scene in their box set and not those sweet ones above (don't understand why they even took them out! :rolleyes: )

That scene in Blood Brothers is fantastic and really should be seen. Not only expressions but the actors' voices and body language convey an incredible amount of emotion. Also, that scene makes Yelina's future involvement with Stetler both puzzling yet thought-provoking. I can't help thinking that like the brothers Caine poor Yelina carries her own complete set of designer baggage (the only reason why I feel sort of sorry for Stetler).

6. inge

inge CSI Level Two

oops, sorry. :( *blushes deeply*
    being tired and trying to write a good post is maybe not a good combination. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting the whole dialogue, now it's more clearer.
    and thinking about it, you're right. Yelina is most of the time the one who does a step forward, but Horatio often 'destroys' her moves. :rolleyes:

I also think that Horatio blames himself for his brother's dead. Yelina one the other hand knows that they both tried to help Ray, but it's not their fault that they weren't succesfull.

7. Lucy

No need to apologize. ;) It isn't easy analyzing a dialogue when you just have words on a page to work with. As we all know with these two, you need the little nuances, the tone, the looks - all those little things that make this relationship so compelling and touching. This discussion inspired me to watch that scene again last night as I hadn't seen it for quite some time. The show was just so, so good back then.

8. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Nice save, Luce. Even nicer jump. You SO have FTL capabilities. :D

It is indeed difficult to appreciate the entire context of the dialogue if one doesn't have the whole package to analyze en toto. So it isn't surprising that comments or events when taken in isolation can be misinterpreted. Ain't it great then that we have this thread to set us all straight? Long may this continue.

Cheers. :)

9. alexx91

alexx91 Victim

I have a question to make: for you, if Yelina had never met Suzy and Madison, how the things would have gone between she and Horatio?

I know that perhaps it is a stupid question, but it is only to make conjecture.

10. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

uhhh, i`m the one how have to say i`m really sorry...last night i was a little to drunk and was a lot lazy to copy and paste the whole quote from BB epi :( maybe coz in my mind was and one momet from the end of 'Simpe Man' i make such conclusion/inference for H/Y relationship...i`m sorry inge for lead u on the wrong way :(

wow what excellent description for my fav shipp ;)

soon or late H will tell Y for Suzy and her kid...for me H&Y relationship is always base on the truth...yes, sometimes H hide info from Y, but this is only coz he want to defend her...and maybe waiting for the right time and place...but we all know that the life is a lot complex and unexpected...also if Suzy and Madison don`t exist suppose there will be anothe wall between H&Y....for me the biggest wall is H&Y past....

errr... for the first time i`m afraid what i post here :rolleys:

11. Lucy

Pusher, don't drink too much as you have to save me from the Apemen and Cylons, remember? I need you to stay focused! :p

It's an interesting question though about Suzie and Madison. I wonder if Yelina would have still dated Rick if she hadn't met them and hence not had reason to doubt H's trust? I still believe part of the reason why she dated him was to try to open H's eyes to the reality of his inaction. Men. :rolleyes:
    Lol, thanks! I feel very honoured. :D

12. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

okay, i promise to stay focus till Christmas holidays :lol: ur right i have job to do heheh after i read ur post this morning to me come one H&Y moment from epi 'dead zone' and if we go out of the context and look at the pic this will be a lot good place (here is bridge or can be beach like in the end) where ours fav couple can go out off work and talks or just be together...if we don`t have Stetler or S&M or Aerosol i really can imagine H and Y do this every evening ;) they look so calm and comfortable with each other company :devil:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pic 1 and pic 2

credit: Miami Style

13. polina

polina Rookie

I really like the title ... I can` t believe that it ` s the fifth. I think that means we are loyal to H/ Y and that`s great to me :) and as usually a lot of good old H / Y moments, I was in a bad mood all the day but when I came here I started smile, thanks a lot for reminding me of something I really like

14. ment_to_be

ment_to_be Hit and Run

I don't totally agree with you pusher
    I think if Madison and Suzie wouldn't have existed it would have been less complicated for H and Y. I thought before she/they met Madison, they were getting really close, but it all stopped when she thought she was his child. I think that if those two didn't excist H and Y would be together now.
    I agree that it would have been complicated and there would have been a small wall but Yelina would have made Horatio jump over that wall :D!!
    But all those "what If's" don't change the situation, the thing I most wonder is : what is going to happen now? and When?!!! I still hope Yelina invites Horatio for Christmass or Newyear. Other suggestions?

15. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

We are too obsessed with H/Y in my honest opinion. We're talking about them like they really exist .. Let's not talk about them for a whole week!

Argh who am I kidding, Vive H/Y !! Thanks for those lovely pictures :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.