"Happenstance" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 12, 2006.

1. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

just a comment on the "i won't wait up." that is not a comfort comment in a relationship.

it sounds like if you just watch the first 58 minutes this was a good ep. sad really.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Untacking please feel free to continue the discussion. :)

3. Aquarian

Aquarian Hit and Run

Hi, my name is Mandy. I just in the past day changed my name to Mandy. LOL!
    *sigh* I want Nick (really George!) to sing to me! That would be the day, heehee! :) That was a cute scene!

I think this episode was good. I was watching it but then at times wasn't paying attention b/c was baking some cookies. But I did find out who killed the twins. I didn't think it was going to be him though.

So are Grissom and Sara together? I couldn't figure out that last scene.

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

My thoughts on this episode:

I loved it, it was kept my attention, it was intriguing, bizarre, and somewhat amusing. CSI is best when it combines all these elements. I really felt entertained. This ep ranks as one of the best of the season so far (IMO).

1)The twin thing, I've always been fascinated and amazed by the idea of twins, especially twins who live separate lives yet somehow seem to end up living similar lives. Similar tastes.

2)Mandy making Nick sing was just too damn funny! It was fun, he has a good voice. This must be the season for CSI singing, first Doc & Grissom and now Nick. Who's next?

3)Hodges really freaked me out, I'm scared of him now.

4)Warrick's back! It was so nice to see Warrick out of hiding and finally get some screen time. I missed him. I'm really beginning to like him and Greg working together, the way they interact.

5)Greg still has his sense of humor after everything he's gone through lately. He seem to have toughened up over the years. In the scene in the hall with Wendy, was it me or did it seem that every time he tried to look at the results in her hand she'd move it away because she was talking with her hands. I found that amusing.

6)Grisson finally not on a case with Sara! (I never even missed her) Grissom & Catherine finally sharing some quality time together. They had different opinions and the bet was cute.

7)Finally the last scene- IMO In a word: Nauseating. (guess it's too much to ask to keep those two apart for an entire episode? I am not a GSR fan)

5. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

Never said I didn't like Sara and Grissom together...I really could care less if any of the characters got together. It just seemed like an odd moment there at the end of the show.

6. labgeekluvr

labgeekluvr Lab Technician

All this talk about that final GSR scene inspired a fanfic. I posted it over at the fanfic forum if you'd like to check it out. Enjoy!

7. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

The one thing I really liked about this episode is that it didn't feel as if it were rushed. I felt like there was a solid story that made sense, and took up most of the episode, and they still found room for a lot of character time without rushing it.

8. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Okay, you don't care for Greg. Stuff happens. Fortunately, like the Republicans, you are in the minority.

The reason that Greg has never shown concern for any other character besides Sara is that the writers have not written his character to be in a scene where he could show concern. And that reminds me, he showed a great deal of concern for his friend, Nick, in "Grave Danger." He along with Warrick, Sara, Catherine, and the rest of the gang worked themselves almost till they dropped from exhaustion to find Nick. And the sad look on Greg's face as the ambulance was driving away with Nick said more than words could convey about Greg's concern for his friend.

I've also never noticed that Greg talks about himself more than any of the others do about themselves. And if he did while in the lab, it was written to be humerous, much like Hodges is being written now, only the Hodges character has been written to be a little on the smarmy side.

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

The photographer photoshopped fake images, Jill was going to turn him in. He waited for her at the laundry mat and mitakenly shot Amanda thinking it was Jill. Then he went to Jill's apartment to get rid of her photo evidence and she came home so he strangled her and tried to make it look like suicide. hope that helps.

You obviously don't know Greg, It is unfair to say he dosn't care about anyone else when he hasn't even been given the oportunity to do so (because of the writers), Greg hasn't had enough screen time until now to show his caring and emotional side. That IMO is an unfair statement on your part.

10. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

N, I don't know him, since he isn't a real person. He's fictive and I can only react to the things I see perfomed on screen. It might seem unfair to you but it's still my opinion based on what I've seen about Greg and his reactions to members of the team. Grave Danger was the one ep where I realized what Greg was all about - and Gum Drops added to that perception as does any Greg-centered episode. So did this ep - yes IMHO Greg is self-centered. Many people love that in him, I don't so I don't see a big problem in one person not liking him? Again, this is a tv-show, not real life.

11. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Jeez, talking about opening a can of worms, and then the Greg-fans to ridicule an opnion? I think you and I must have wathed different versions of GD :lol: Greg worried about his clothes getting dirtied, nothing else. He always had that same dad look, he sported it all through "Post Mortem" for crying out loud.

I can't even be repubbilican since I'm not american ;)

Sorry mods, but this is just getting ridiculous on so many levels.

12. labgeekluvr

On behalf of Greg's bodyguards (aka Greg's fans who've been posting), I'd like to say I agree the discourse is getting a little out of hand, especially considering this isn't the Greg thread, it's the Happenstance thread as I've said before. All right Bodyguards, settle down, back to the Greg thread :D. We don't need to protect Greg from people who post their opinions, just thugs in black hoodies and nasty jurors :devil:.
    Anyway, if I'm correct in assuming your a Nick fan, try to imagine how you'd feel if someone came out and said they thought Nick was self-centered. I'd hope you'd be quick to defend him. Our Greggo-fans, and I include myself in this, are a little over-protective. Hopefully no hard feelings.

13. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Well I believed anybody can express their opionion here - but I stand corrected. I've read a lot about Nick I've not agreed with, but I have never resorted to ridiculing another poster because of her/his opionion.

You can say what you like about Nick (or Warrick because I love him too), since that is your opion and your entitled to it. If I wouldn't let you, now that would be self-centered. ;)

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Alright folks I suggest you all Listen UP and pay close attention. I am tired of repeating myself, and if I have to again there will be warnings (undecided if they will be official or unofficial) put up.

This thread is based on the episode named in the title, this thread is based on all the characters that appeared in that episode. Everyone is entitled to their opinions regarding the episode and the characters, as Everyone is entitled to disagree with said opinion, what is NOT acceptable is "Flamming" each other or just plain arguing with each other over those opinions, that is just putting it over the top you either agree or disagree, and if you can't do either then agree to disagree and walk away.

I don't see a reason to defend a fictional character, because you don't like what is being said, and by arguing/flamming, ect it all in the end just seems petty and unnecessary. While some of you love your fav characters they are fictional, apart of a fictional show brought to you all for entertainment purposes.

Now I would appreciate it very much that if you all can't agree with something then as I said above agree to disagree and leave it be. Not every ep/character action will please everyone, now you are being asked to get over it and move on, otherwise the next time I have to deal with this I won't be so nice.

Oh and one other point, any-one person who thinks that so and so won or lost in all this, guess again, there is no such thing keep that in mind, we don't take sides.

ETA: On a side note, let us remember that double posting is against the rules, you have a 24 hr window in which to use the "Edit" button.

15. labgeekluvr

My apologies Destiny and S_Bright if I posted anything inappropriate. I don't believe I did, but I could be wrong. I wasn't looking to win an argument, I just expressed my honest opinion, and let S_Bright know that she (I'm assuming) was free to express hers, and that we disagreed. The conversation did get a little heated with the political references, and I tried to lighten that a little with my last post. Perhaps it was not received as well as I had hoped. Hopefully we can get back to talking about the episode in a friendly manner again :D.