Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Reeble, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

this.. i have a question the wait up , is positive or negative for the gsr :confused: i think that is positive but maybe not :(
    do you think that they have problems with the relations and grissom go away to Seminar :confused:
    so i sorry i have very negative :(

2. Ashes86

Ashes86 Dead on Arrival

Maybe she had a different paper and had already done the crossword puzzle in that one. That may be why she really didn't look at the puzzle too hard before delivering her line. Just a thought.

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

okay after rewatching that scene ten times and reading everybody's opinions, also remembering of my first impression of this scene i gotta say that yesterday's GSR was:

1) very positive
    2) the most flirty Sara we've seen so far
    3) the biggest implication of Sara being horny (lol)
    4) Grissom being Grissom

Sara was smiling the WHOLE time and she was extremely flirty. the last sentence was like "you better come to bed right now", which means she would like him for dinner. ehem.

the only thing was his expression, like i said earlier. but i think we tend to exaggerate it a bit. firstly it lasted like 2 maybe 3 seconds. i don't think he was negative towards her in this scene at all. his little smile when he was quoting (which was btw the cutest, and i melted and died) proved he wanted her to be there. also his "this sucks" is something he wouldn't say to anybody else. he has to be very, very comfortable with this person to say something that ... un-Grissom, something that simple and non-educated.

therefore, my choice on the poll was definitely no. 1.

are you saying you stated this in one of the spoiler-boxes? uh huh, raaat'.
    yeah, i agree SnowAngel. but i think he can just explain it ... honestly. i don't believe he would try to be not sincere with her in a situation like this. or any other. i guess he could just say something like that, simply:

G: Sara, i need to talk to you.
    S: *looks expectanctly*
    G: i received a letter inviting me to go on a sabbattical. entomology convension.
    S: *lightly* That's good. Are you going to accept it?
    G: I don't know yet *shrugs*
    S: You know, you deserve a break.
    G: *hesitantly* Yeah, well. I just don't want to leave you for so long.
    S: *smiles* I'll be okay.

and that's it. no hard feelings, no double meaning, everything is clear. sometimes the simpliest way is the best.
    good explanation Ashes. i actually think it's the best so far.

4. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

I liked it. It made me happy. Sara's hair made me happy. The fact that my crosswords are just as hard as Grissom's (misanthrope? phhh.) made me happy. I had to have my boyfriend AND Sarah explain to me exactly what was going on, but after I got it, I enjoyed it. Sarah totally looked all Maggie Doyle-style, and that was cool. Grissom doesn't really have many other expressions than "puzzled" and "enigmatic" so I wasn't that bothered by *THE FACE*. And that's all I have to say about that.

5. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Thats true. He always gives those expressions all throughout the seasons...but dont know why now is soo contreversy...i guess since now he is in a relationship :rolleyes:

6. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

Holy Hell are you serious? That's kinda ridiculous. She hardly even looked at it. Not only that but she says "hey you missed one" but um, he didn't miss it. He just wasnt finished. There were like a crapload of other missing ones, lol. Either way, what a coincidence that the word was misanthrope.

7. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

Dudes.

The whole episode I was saying 'Where the EFF is Sara?'.

Then I was totally like, 'WOAH! HER HAIR IS CURLY!' and I so love it. Haha. She came on the screen, and her hair was curly, and then I'm like, 'Haha.. my hair is in curlers..' It was so ironic.

Okay, so my question is, where was Grissom? The door was at a different spot, so I don't think it was Grissom's office, but it could have been just the camera angle.. sorry if someone's already asked this, but I haven't read EVERY post on Happenstance. Could it be Sara's office? Hmm. Waiting for her was he?

I loved her one smile.. I forget how exactly it was, but when the screencaps are up I'm totally making an icon out of it, because it was so cute and loving.

Okay, here's a scenario, with what Grissom was thinking.

SARA: I won't wait up. *walks away*
    GRISSOM THINKING: Wait, what? WHY NOT?! No.. she left.. : (

Oh yes, that's right. Hm. Please wait a moment while I look up misanthrope..

Misanthrope: someone who dislikes people in general.

Wow.

Okay, I could ramble about the episode some more, but everything I've said, most people have probably already posted or read somewhere.

8. Dharma

Dharma Dead on Arrival

Wait a minute. That scene was in the lab?

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I picked #1.. was going to pick NO Sara.. and was going throught the show "where's Sara" but the last scene totally made up for that.. him reading.. and her saying "I won't wait up" :p killer.. like hurry up baby.. come home.. the writers again throwing littls crumbs.. but good ones.. showing the fact that they are together.. I wished she had of come around the desk and rubbed his neck or leaned over and smacked a bit juicy kiss on those sexy lips of his.. but, I'm patient.. and know eventually this will occur :p

TRUE LOVE

I LOVE TO LOOK AT HIM

10. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

this is my question too...ppl are saying so many things... i won't watch until play here..
    so many point views and thoughts ..It's so very interesting to see the different takes on the scenes and people are pointing out things probably I never would think about on my own.

i have to wait ... but i will have in mind all yours opinions guys

hmmmm that's remember Grissom's words:

obviously most of the crime scene investigation is about seeing.
    but much is about hearing as well.
    listening.
    Know how to listen.
    Not just what people are saying but how they say it..
    How their tone of voice matches their facial expression or body posture.
    So, even if i read lips and know what they're saying...
    it's not enough.

11. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Yes ppl the scene was in the lab. I mean that't what i thought when i first saw that scene. It wasnt in Grissom's office but i think it was like in a library i dont know but it sure didnt looked like Grissom's office.

12. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Eh - I'm not worried. I agree that Sara was just teasing her boyfriend: "I'm dating a fellow who'd rather sit in the lab and read Thoreau then go home and chill. How'd I end up with this adorkable geek?"

On the other hand, Grissom is torn between his head and his loins: "She won't wait up? How's she gonna handle a four-week sabbatical? God she looks hot. Oh shit, I'm a boyfriend; I can't just up and leave Las Vegas when I feel like it anymore, huh? I have regular boobie access now; hurray! How am I going to tell her that I really want to do this? Mmmm, Grissom want sexyback...."

Of course, I'm unspoiled, so maybe those in the know are rocking back and forth and keening over what's gonna happen in the next while. I'll enjoy my ignorance, thanks.

The case file wasn't as fantastic as has been the norm this season, but it was still pretty good - enough to keep me from surfing the Web while I watch, anyway. And seeing as that was as good as cases got last season, we're getting a veritable feast of riches this time round.

The character work was just fantastic. They've found the crime/personal balance again, just like Season 1 and 2. While I am not shipping Nick and Mandy, I will not be averse to seeing a bit of flirtation happening on my screen. And WE GOT WARRICK, y'all! I was beginning to wonder if the Las Vegas Crime Lab was recently segregated or something. Now - where the hell is Ecklie? Damn it, sweeps ain't sweeps without the beautiful shining dome of Marc Vann!!

And, just to give myself a plug, I'm going to repost my "Wishlist for Season 7" over Christmas, so y'all can see how many things I wanted have actually come to pass in some form or another. If I were a poll-whore like Sarah, these would be your options:

A) Miss Dee is actually Carol Mendolson - sshhh!
    B) Miss Dee is not Carol Mendolson, but should be running her own show, goldangit.
    C) TPTB have found and printed Miss Dee's post and tacked it on their bulletin board, where it is read daily with a reverence normally reserved for the Bible or the Koran
    D) Miss Dee is perhaps a bit full of herself, but we'll blame it on temporary insanity due to the immense amount of MBA work she's currently slogging through
    E) Other

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I choose:

C) TPTB have found and printed Miss Dee's post and tacked it on their bulletin board, where it is read daily with a reverence normally reserved for the Bible or the Koran

Huzzah!

*bows*

Anyway, I'll challenge Miss Dee's Grissomlogue with my own:

"Hmm... Thoreau isn't bad. It certainly makes me look Professor-y. When I'm there I should invest in a scarf. And possibly more ties. Possibly a new briefcase. I think I should also trim my moustache into a John Waters number and wear a tartan cap and make every call me "Doctor Professor Owner of Trigger Grissom". Sara's here. She looks nice, but she's ruining my whole train of thought. Quickly - just read whatever's on the page. She... she doesn't look happy about that. Who doesn't like pumpkins? DON'T TOUCH MY CROSSWORD! I'M NOT DONE - YOU'LL CORRUPT IT. Misanthrope? Fuck. Fuck Fuck Fuck. Yeah... wait for it - uh-huh. No sex. Damn you, Henry David."

14. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

Just when you thought that there was no good CSI without Sara, they prove you wrong. I thought the casefile was excellent without her solving it, and then the last thirty seconds indulged us with Sara and Gris. That was hott :devil: :devil: :devil:. Suck it Paris Hilton, suck it. Sara was wayyy sexy, and of course WP was in his own sort of way. Okay, he's cute. there.

Anyway, I definitely went dictionary diving during third period, and looked up misanthrope. They always throw in the big vocab on me on CSI, and I get so confused. *shakes fist at TPTB*

The end scene sort of reminded me of Thermite, only Sara took it, turned it around, and got to the "I won't wait up" point. So no matter who (or what) shouts DOOM, I'm not gonna let it get to me, because we got a happy ending last season, right? yes. duh. canon. summer dedicated to gsr history.
    :)

AMEN!!! *dayDreams* I freakin hope so! OMg there's gonna be a meteor shower here! This is exciting! I've never seen one. :)

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Similar poll, but a little different, seeing as this was the first GSR scene of the year that really gave us something to chew on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.