Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Reeble, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

yeah, so it's the same thing. pretty good for a brunette.
    complete definite DITTO.
    if the nails are long enough, it's even an international revenge technique.
    i'm sure that's it. gawd, i gotta find it! do you still have a link?

aight, so today's episode. i LOVED it. like Alyssa already pointed out it had a lot of interesting and unusual moments, the case was good as well.

first, Nick singing. okay, i was never into Nick but DAMN. i think i developed a crush today on him, seriously. that SMILE he gave Mandy when he finished was just the cutest thing ever. and i've never particularly found Nick crushable but this scene ... *thud*

the little bet between Grissom and Catherine finally showed some interaction between them other than just pure work business. i'm happy b/c this scene meant they had to first MAKE a bet earlier, which for sure looked like the good ol' GC frendship. so i'm satisfied with that.

oh and i so laughted at Hodges and Doc. i love them, they're utterly hilarous. this show wouldn't be the same without them.

and here i come to GSR. i was actually looking for Sara most of the ep, and when i finally saw her at the end i knew it's gonna be shippy. firstly b/c all was solved and it was in the last minute. and the shot on LV. for me it was a mirror scene for WTG. just not in bed. yet.

Sara looked fabulous, i agree with everyone. she needs to stay with this curly hair, it looks ideal. and she was so f****** flirting with Grissom. i LOVED her look at the end. she kinda let her gaze drop for a split of second, like she was checking him all out and then she added she's not gonna wait up. gawd, i seemed almost as if she said "you coming to bed?". brilliant acting.

as to Grissom's expression, yeah i think he might've been a little hurt. we remember when Sara said that he doesn't feel anything in Too Tough To Die. in Happenstance it implied the same, but she was just so flirty a second later that it didn't really matter.

his expression. well, if they showed him grinning or smirking it would be just too straight forward, too direct. it could be like that in WTG, if he smiled, it would resemble the bedroom scene so much. so i think he might've been a little hurt OR he was just tired. after all it's him who cited this part of the book, not her. HE chose that particular passage to quote. then she spotted the puzzle and quickly correlated the two things. another thing is, that he may be actually already thinking about leaving for the convention or something.

or maybe he was just sad cuz he didn't figure out that answer, lol.

the funny thing is that GSR scenes used to almost always have a double meaning, and there was always confusion related to them. recently we have veggie burger, WTG and so on. pre-canon there were no GSR scenes that we knew exaclty what they were about. now, we got some VB, wanna volunteer etc, which are easy to decipher. no angst, no triple meaning. this scene brings back a little of that uncertainity, or maybe just forces us to talk about it and FIND meaning, intepret. cuz if he grinned we wouldn't have much to talk about except how CUTE this scene would've been.
    it still was though. y'all know i can kinda understand his expression as being just purely, well Grissom-like. she left, so he doesn't need to smile, she doesn't see him anymore. what he thinks is in his mind, not on his face. he simply could be thinking about following her to bed.

and yeah, like Alyssa said, it kinda means also that they live together. that's freakin' awesome.

i want a kiss now.

and here are some icons i made. :D i really need to do more, but i watched Weeping Willows and a whole BUNCH of hilarous polish cabaret online.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

i don't remember if i posted the brown one earlier in here though. anyways, wanna check my artwork? click in here.

2. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Okay, so I missed the episode tonight because I had a rehearsal I had to attend to. However - I did, um, see things by, er..other means *cough* and, MY GOD our geeks were looking good. Seriously. I know we'd been talking about how Sara used to have curly hair and, what if she went back to that? But, while this is obviously a different curly look, it looks FANTASTIC on her. So gorgeous, really.

The 'I won't wait up' line was excellent. Basically saying "I'm going home to our bed, big boy, and you can come get me when you're ready ;)" (lol). She said it in such a lovely way, too. Just reading the line off the page, it easily could have been played very coldly, but they made something really sweet out of it. And when things play out like that, the first thing I always think is "I can't wait to read the FandomTalk recap of this...".

Nick singing = awesome, btw. We've had Grissom & Al sing and bop, Hodges dance, and now Nicky sing. I do love this season. Hee!

I remember it being said that tonight's ep wasn't to have any Sara in it at all, but I'm so glad it did. Surprising us a la Snakes :D

But come on, guys...we need domestic scenes and we need kisses. Lots of 'em. Who's with me?!

3. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

First of all, I really enjoyed this episode. I liked how it was just a good solid, CSI episode. And damn was everyone lookin good again tonight. HOLY SMOKES! It just gets better with ever episode.

Nicky o my nicky--Oh how I love my Nicky, he could sing to me any night of the week! woooo!

As for GSR, I actually screamed after their "scene". This is the way I saw it...

Sara was coming in, looking for a little sympathy from her loving, VB giving, boyfriend because she had a boring day of doing nothing. So I believe she was looking for "something" to "cheer up" her day. Then she saw Grissom being Grissom and decided, "Oh I can play this game too... looks like you wont be getting any free booty tonight, have fun sitting on your pumpkin while Im lying naked in OUR bed in OUR place."

Oh I have too much fun.

But the way I read Grissom's look after Sara's exit was that if he was going to take the sabbatical at Williams, how would she react. He's got a lot going on in his head right now, poor guy.

Anyways, I loved it... I hope that after the camera went black he got up and did something to make Sara wait up....

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Can I just say? That Ziggy's boyfriend basically said the following:

"Uh... she just told him that if he doesn't come home soon, she's going to sleep. If he does... he's getting sex."

Yeah - that was definitely a "I'll be naked just so you know".
    And I love that he was quoting at her.

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Sorry! I tried to hit the add a poll button, but it didn't go through and the post entered! I hope you can forgive the double-post, but this is the traditional post-ep poll. lol.

*pleading eyes*

I will say this, though - this is the second time that they've shown a relationship that mirrors GSR this season. First we had the "inappropriate workplace" aspect with the priest and the woman, and now we have the age difference/doctor-younger brunette woman aspect.

I think, and I may be way off, that that may have been part of his apprehension. He's thinking about teaching at college, reading college books, and perhaps that's making him realize it wasn't long ago that he met Sara...

I don't know. I'm tired and it's late, but her relationship with that man didn't seem incidental. Especially since it's Sara Goldfinger.

6. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

I was kinda mad that we have to wait till the end to FINALLY see Sara, but she looked so pretty with curly hair
    "I won't wait up" was awesome. But I think seconds after the camera left, Grissom shot out of his chair to follow her, leaving a small cloud of dust in his wake.
    Grissom looked...confused? Annoyed? I watched it three times and I'm not sure there wasn't a bad vibe there.

7. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

okay, vote for the first option, OFCOURSE!!!!!! it was first a real good episode (even though i've only seen bits of it on grissomsararomance.com) and the identical twin thing was sooo freakin' cool! :D so, i was hoping for just ONE sara moment, and bang! there she was!! that hair looked freakin' amazing, how does she makes it so curly??? i want that haircut tooooo!!!!! :eek: anyway, she looked good, he looked AMAZING, 7 YEARS YOUNGER, and the romance was sooo great.. :) i only can't figure out why she's talking about that misanthrope thing... i mean, about WHO is she talking?? but that smile on her face, that was enough to see she cares about him. did you guys noticed that sara smiles a lot more now she's with gris?? she reaaally smiles everytime she's with him.. that's just love.. *sigh* :rolleyes: the look gris had on his face, was kinda confusing, cause isn't he supposed to smile back at her?? :confused: well, maybe that's just his way of expressing how much he loves her.. and i think ofscreen, he would indeed run outta the room, screaming: sara, waaaait for me!! i need you tonight!! :lol:
    i loved the scene, it was perfect, but one thing does bothers me: no kiss.. we NEEEEEED a kiss now! all the romance stuff is great, but we need fysical action *mwuhahahaha* :devil: words are not enough, we have to SEE them doing it! :devil:

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Can I just say that I was TOTALLY right, Adzix? Did I not say that they'd make us wait for a whole episode without seeing them together, and then suddenly we'd get GSR?

Because the thing is, good or bad, that was GSR.

And frankly, Grissom's grumpy face isn't really bothering me anymore. He made the grumpy face after the Toe Tags scene and then proved that he had their first meeting lecture title memorized.

I think that more than anything, he was wondering how to tell her he was thinking about taking the offer at the University, because he was feeling worn out.

And really, when you're in a new relationship, how do you say that without making it sound like it's about them?

9. SnowAngel58

SnowAngel58 Hit and Run

I agree, Sarah.

I don't think Grissom's :mad: face had anything to do with Sara. He is thinking about taking a sabbatical to go teach. GRISSOM. LEAVE. WORK? That doesn't happen. So, it's kind of a big deal for him and he must be more than a little worked up about that AND about telling Sara about it.

Grissom:"I know you waited six years for me..butt..uhhh....I'm gonna take off for a bit. See ya later, Toots. ;)" :lol:

Not going to go over well.

Also, he was having those migraines again. So that might be bugging him too.

ALSO, he seemed pretty tired. I mean, he went half the episode thinking the girl had committed suicide and the guys figured it out before him.

I just think he's pretty stressed out right now and that's why we got :mad:Grumpy!Grissom :mad:.

Edited because in my world Alyssa and Sarah are one and the same.

10. SaraxGrissom

SaraxGrissom Rookie

Hello all. How are you? I'm glad to see GSR is still alive and kickin'! <3

11. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

I don't necessarily think she was inviting him home for sex. I mean, he just basically quoted at her on how being alone is better than being with a bunch of people. And Thoreau notoriously cherishes his solitude above anything else. So...what? What if you heard your boyfriend admiring that standpoint. What would you think? Misanthrope was obviously not on that crossword puzzle. She didn't even look at it before delivering her line.

No, I think she was pretty much saying "Fine, you little misanthrope. Stay on your pumpkin. Guess that means you don't want my company tonight. I'll be at home sleeping, then."

Of course, Jorja delivered than line...flawlessly. Plus, she looked gorgeous. I'd share my pumpkin with her.

12. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

Actually someone put up a picture of the crossword puzzle and misanthrope was the clue of 63 down. It kinda made me go, she really saw it that fast? But hey, shes a CSI and suppose to notice little things. lol.

Wouldnt it have been funnier if it wer 69 down? muahahahaaha perverted mind at work!

Oh and is anyone gloating over the fact that they probably live together? I love it!

13. SaraxGrissom

SaraxGrissom Rookie

I know I am! I'm in heaven over the whole fact they're even together! It kinda sucks though, because I wanted to see the "first kiss" and hear them say it. *dreamy sigh*

14. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I guess what made this scene really angysty and made people talk back again about his suppose "break from Sara" was the music on the background. It was kind of eerie if you ask me. What do ya'll think?

15. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

Ive read some very interesting takes on the scene and the one that seems to be a favorable interpretation is that if Sara wasnt going to "wait up" for him now, whats going to happen if he takes a sabbatical?

I think he is just very confused on what hes going to do because, to me, WP is playing this beautifully, showing Grissom in some sort of pain, emotionally and physically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.