25 Things A Perfect Guy Would Do! [Danny & Lindsay]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by kissmesweet, Nov 7, 2006.

1. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Merci Beaucoup, everybody. I'm glad that you guys like it! :) I'll try to update more often. Ooops. I put this on TALK online yesterday and completely forgot about Fanfic... aiya.

Well, my pen name is all the glitters.

2. CHILI_PEPPERS

CHILI_PEPPERS Pathologist

Awesome chapter! great job!

3. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

8. React so cutely when you hit him, but it doesn’t really hurt.

“You did what?” Lindsay shouted. Then she realized how loud she was as she repeated what she said again, quietly this time. “You signed us up for the late shift? Why?”

He shrugged. “The time’s good.”

“It’s from four AM to noon,” She said, matter-of-factly and crossing her arms. She moved closer to him to hit him softly.

“Ow!” He whined in mock-pretend. “That hurt!”

She couldn’t help but smile, he looked so adorable with his face and that smile! A man his age, whining like a young child. Wasn’t that something?

He touched his arm where Lindsay had hit him and glared in her, in all playfulness. “I’ll get you, Montana. In my own time.”

She grinned sheepishly as she fiddled around to pretend to look at the evidence of the case they were working on. She hoped that he would be right.

The only reason why Danny chose the time was because he wanted to spend more time with Montana alone. He always found himself missing her when she wasn’t around.

She felt the same. She missed someone calling her Montanais that adorable accent of his. She missed being teased by him, although she’d never lose her pride by telling him that! She missed the way he’d maker her feel.

She’d miss him.

--

--

9. Be cute and spontaneous.

When were they getting here? Lindsay wondered as she got into her walk-in closet and began to look through her clothes. She was so proud of herself; growing up and living in New York City with her own walk-in closet!

She tried to pick something to wear. She closed the door to the closet and she sunk in her surroundings: jeans, tees, camisoles, vests, skirts, dresses, shirts, trousers, jackets, bags, jewelry, boots and stilettos. It was all there and it was all hers.

She whipped off her black boots and began to try on another pair of shoes. She was wondering how long it’d take for her co-workers, Ali (A/N: OC character from my other fanfic: Haunting and Beautiful), Stella, Jane, Flack, Hawkes, Mac and Danny. Her heart quickened its beat as she thought of him.

Then the closet opened, letting in some light and the figure of a familiar someone.

Danny Messer.

She was squashed and sitting on the inside as he grinned and stepped in. He leaned back and smiled.

“Hi,” She whispered, biting her lip to stop her from saying something or embarrassing herself. She seemed to do that often when he was around.

“Hey,” He grinned with his trademark Messer charm. The truth is, it drove Lindsay absolutely crazy. He closed the closet door.

Hmm… How did he get in? She wondered. Oh right, she had given him the key in case of an emergency when she first moved here.

Danny was from the wrong side of the tracks, but he had a heart of gold and a great personality and he cared for her and his family and friends. He cared for her more than anyone.

They started to talk about their family, friends and each other.

That smile of his was just amazing. He could melt hearts of girls and even guys(!)—and give her a heart attack. Those sea-blue eyes. That unruly hair. The hot accent of his. She never thought she’d fall for a guy with a New York accent, yet here she was. In a closet with him.

Talking.

Of course, the sarcastic and witty comments from his didn’t hurt either.

According to Don, Danny found it hard to depend on people and only Lindsay could win his trust (and his heart) the way she could. She noticed how sweet and how nice he was being and to think, when they first met—he had given her hell. He felt the need to build up a wall between them when his best friend was “replaced”. But he was glad that happened because Lindsay was the best thing that’s every happened to him and he never wanted to let her go.

4. CHILI_PEPPERS

Great update!! Cant wait for more!

5. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

Aww! That was great, Danny's such a sweety, and you caught that perfectly. I love this fic, please keep going.

6. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

I just read this over at ff.net! Had no idea it was you. Love this story, can't wait for the next chapter! It's a sweet story.

7. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

You updated on Wed? How'd I miss this?! Aww a million times over. Its gives you tingles all over. Good fluff. :lol: Great work kissmesweet! Do continue.

8. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

^^ Awww. Thank you, guys. I'll write some stuff soon...

9. CSI_in_training

Can't wait. I love reading this.

10. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

10. Protect you, simply because he loves you.

“Danny?” Lindsay retorted angrily. She couldn’t believe what he was doing!

He was wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap, sitting on a table near her and her date’s. She couldn’t believe he was spying on her! Didn’t he trust her?

She groaned. “Danny?” Her voice was getting loud and the entire restaurant was staring at her now.

Her date looked at her and Danny’s badge tugged onto his belt, then shook his head. “I’m gonna leave now.”

Lindsay sighed, standing up. “Fine, go.”

He exited the restaurant, leaving Lindsay and Danny at the restaurant.

“What were you thinking, Messer?” She demanded, seeing everyone starring at them. “You had no right to come and—“

“And what?” He wanted to know, taking off his glasses nervously and revealing his cold blue eyes. He inched closer to her making her uncomfortable and nervous. He was close enough to hear her heart thump against her rib cage, close enough to hear her breathe and hyperventilate. Even close enough to smell her new strawberry shampoo. It gave him a sudden urge to kiss her. He pulled back a little to give the both of them some space and so he wouldn’t give in to that certain urge.

“Look after you?” He yelled, even though they were close.

She shook her head. “I’m a big girl; I don’t need you to take care of me. I have good instincts. I—I’m not yours to take care of. I’m my own person.”

“If you’re with me, you can still be yourself, you know,” He insisted. He took a folder from the inside of his blazer. He took a stack of paper out along with the frayed folder.

It was a file on the rapist.

Lindsay grabbed it impatiently, while Danny studied the expression on her face.

The file was of the guy, she had just went out with. She sat down, with her hand over her mouth.

“Oh my God,” She couldn’t believe how dangerous the situation would have been if Danny hadn’t shown up. Danny put an arm around her shoulder as if he’s been doing it since forever. She turned to him and said: “Thanks, Danny. If it wasn’t for you…”

“Don’t worry about it,” He chuckled. He was just glad she was okay. “I’m just glad that you—well—sort of listened to me.”

Danny had brought her dinner at the restaurant and had walked her home. He wasn’t leaving until he saw the door shut.

Closing the door, Lindsay realized how lucky she is to have Danny. She loved him; she really did and that’s what she was afraid of: falling.

The phone rang.

It was Stella. “Hey, Mac and I are engaged.”

--

--

11. Is willing to spend time with you.

Lindsay chewed on the popcorn and sipped their large cup of coke.

She was the first girl Danny had gone out with who didn’t order a Diet or light coke. She was gorgeous as usual, even under the giant screen.

He had invited her during their early morning shift together. He didn’t even know if it was a date or not. He had let her choose the movie: The Devil Wears Prada and if it were any other girl, he would have blown it off—but he couldn’t when the girl was Lindsay and he didn’t mind: 90 minutes, next to the girl he loved, close to her. And he could stare at her without getting caught since she’d be too much into the movie to notice. He couldn’t wipe off the cheesy smile off her face. It was there; no matter how hard he tried.

It helped that he had bought a six-pack of beer with him to pass the time. He was sitting by the aisle, while she was sitting on the inside. He felt a little hot, so he kicked around and accidentally knocked down the beer. He flinched as the beer cans rolled down the steps of the theater house. This was not how the “date” was suppose to go!

Lindsay tore herself from the big screen to see what was happening. She laughed, while the theater gave them nasty stares.

“Sit down!” Someone from the back yelled out to Danny.

The usher came down and asked if they needed any help.

“No, but thanks,” Lindsay replied politely, still laughing.

Danny noticed how phenomenal she looked when she laughed; even more stunning than usual. He went down to pick the cans up and saw the annoyance of everyone in the theater. When he camp back up, he grinned at her. “ Montana.”

Everytime he calls her that; it makes her feel so warm and familiar. It’s as if she’s known him all her life and as if he’s been there all along.

Maybe he has and she was just too blind to see it.

During the film, she felt his hand gently on her thigh. It made her sweat little; of course the new pair of jeans didn’t help either.

As they left the theater, Lindsay chuckled. “That was a funny experience. Are you always like this on a date, Messer?”

“Date”, she had just said “date”. Danny made a mental note to slap himself for sounding like a foolish teenager in love. That’s what he felt like when it came down to Montana.

He shrugged casually, even though he was jumping with joy on the inside.

She spoke again, before he came up with a decent answer. “I guess, I’ll have to see.”

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Awww...more soon! Please? *pleading eyes*

12. CSI_in_training

HOLY! Unexpected much. You did lead up to it, but, YAY! They're good together.
    Oh, that was so cute! More please!

13. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

An update! Very good. No. 11 is so sweet and funny. Keep them coming!

14. CHILI_PEPPERS

Love this fic!! great job!

15. Sabriel05

Sabriel05 Victim

I stumbled across this while searching google and I absolutely love it but it hasn't been updated since last year.

Please, please, please update it soon!!!