WWE

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by tanglewood14, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robospanker_fan

robospanker_fan CSI Level Two

I'm quite sure they will...

2. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I was thinking how lame DX is these days, compared to the good ol days. Sigh.

3. tanglewood14

tanglewood14 CSI Level Two

Well, Eddie Tribute... let me see what's up my sleeves:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. gream_reaper

gream_reaper Police Officer

Ha! The first one was so in your face! And I miss Eddie as well. I do. I couldn't do things well during the week he died and it was so hear-wrenching watching the tribute eps 2 weeks later.

(stifles tears) I miss Eddie and despite the exploitation he is having right now, those are not what matter. What matters now is that he serves as a role model. We can all get over the hardships and trials just like he did when he got over drug addiction.

^ No cliche', right?

5. tanglewood14

Check out this list Pro-Wrestling Illustrated made related to Wrestling in general. Most were from the first half of this year in wrestling... in general.

Note: Bolded words are the items of the list, the italicized are the quoted reactions. Plain text are my own thoughts.

Here's a list of top 10 wrestling-related items which you've been talking about lately, and our gut-reaction to each:]
    10. Trish Stratus gets booed at WrestleMania.
    You mean to tell us the fans like psychotic, faux-lesbians who wrestle in revealing miniskirts?!? Who knew?
    Back then, I despised Mickie James to death, but since Trish left, Mickie sort of became... normal. I dunno, I don't watch that match RAW, but that's just my opinion.
    9.Sting to assemble for War Games.
    You think he still has El Gigante's number on speed dial?
    I don't watch that much TNA...
    8. Bret Hart skips 'Mania.
    We gues Ted DiBiase was wrong--some men really don't have a price.
    That's rigtheous, :p, reminding fans of the Montreal Incident...
    7.The Undertaker remains undefeated at 'Mania.
    He's got to be thinking about hanging up the black hat and going out on top.
    All I can say is: No sh*t.
    6.Alex Shelley and James Mitchell stalk Christian Cage.
    Maybe Christian should have sprung for the better home security system.. or at least a dog with a bad attitude,
    Christian's one of my favorite TNA-ers, that's all I'm saying.
    5.RVD has "money-in-the-bank.
    Hmm, any chance he might be inclined to cashing in at One Night Stand?
    At first, I thought it was too soon to cash in but then I saw it was on ECW territory, so, what the hell? Cena's dead sh*t then.
    4.Foley gets his fiery WrestleMania moment.
    Joey Styles said it best: "Oh My God!"
    Joey Styles said it best: "Oh My God!"
    3.Victor Quintnones found dead
    One of Puerto Rico's most influential figures goes before his time.
    OMG! Death!
    2.Rey becomes smallest WWE world champion ever
    Oddly enough, the cruiserweight glass ceiling remains intact.
    Rey's road to the top taught me valuable things, and I don't know about you, but that's me. He defied fricking odds and proved he could do better. Now, it crashed down, but at least he's been there in the top!
    1.Cena makes Triple-H tap out.
    Guess we'll just have to push back that 11th title win to Backlash.
    Nah, we didn't see no. 11, rather a D GENERATION X REUNION!!!

That's all I'm gonna share from the mag for now, watch out for more!!!

6. gream_reaper

Okay, now I feel crappy about Lita being champ. Now I wish Mickie could've won.

Yeah, and bringing up the Owen Hart accident.

You just repeated it! :D

I was also surprised back then last April.

7. DoreenCSI

DoreenCSI Captain

Just a short post to show that I didn't abandon this thread :lol: I have to get back to studying later.

Anyway, have any of you gotten WWE SmackDown VS Raw 2007? My sis just bought it and I watched her play it and it was awesome. The graphics? Amazing. I love Season mode though the "Candice and the Magic Wand" chapter was kinda stupid... I mean, she turned RVD (my sis chose him as her Season superstar after much begging from me) into a woman! :lol: Not that he makes a bad woman...

Oh, and I was watching ECW and was kinda surprised to see Lashley there. He speared Big Show! That was pretty awesome! He's one of the 6 wrestlers in ECW's "December To Dismember".

8. robospanker_fan

robospanker_fan CSI Level Two

LOL, D, my bro also tried out Season mode... and was also victim to the wand.

9. tanglewood14

Yeah, saw that on wwe.com. Hey, not that I'm complaining! I'm a Bobby Lashley fan. Yeah, I was disappointed when he lost his first World Title shot. But who knows?! It may have been his first but definetly not the last!!!

Oh, and Monty Brown from TNA signed with the WWE?! Damn, he's one of TNA's top wrestlers!

I'm about to start something new in this WWE thread. Every now and then, I'd post a list of WWE storylines (either past or on-going) and give my bittersweet and no-holds-barred comments about it.

To start of...

... On Tatanka picking up a fight with Bobby Lashley.
    This started off after Tatanka lost in a tag team match with Lashley and Tatanka blamed the ref for the lost. Tatanka hit the ref and later hit Lashley. A week later, after Lashley's singles match, Tatanka came out and explained that the reason for his recent anger is because he just got tired of the discrimination and injsutice he gets. Not only for him, but for the other Native American as well.

What I say? Hello, WWE?! Yeah, picking up a social issue like discrimination of the indegenous people is a good thing, I'll give them that, but to have Tatanka throw it through Bobby Lashley?! Hello! (No offense) y'all could've thrown it to someone else whose ancestors went through the same cruelty. I'm talking about what Lashley's history been through.

... On Rey Mysterio's knee surgery.
    It's the second time we've had a high-profile injury this year. Isn't any more high-card superstars on SmackDown! healthy anymore? To refresh your memory, Batista relenquished the World Title back in January because of injury and it's been a high-profile topic. People wondered when he's coming back, what'll happen now to the World Title, is he ever gonna get it back? We might as well be seeing Deja Vu with Rey right now, though I don't think people are gonna care that much of his comeback because when he does come back, he's gonna go back to exploiting Eddie Guerrero again.

On Kevin Federline challenging John Cena to a match.
    K-Fed you're going down the highway to hell! Well, sort of. Your wife divorced ya, wrestling fans hate you, CSI fans dislike you for appearing on their show, and I just, in general dislike you. So, to the rest of you out there, and for K-Fed himself, do y'all think this is good? NO. N-O.

Stephanie Levesque is running out of good ideas and she and the rest of Creative getting worse and worse by the moment. IMO, 2006 is one of the worst years for Creative. 2004 being one of the good ones. 2005, they found themselves trapped in a potty about to be flushed because of their generally ridiculous gimmicks.

Now, that'll be it for me for now!

10. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

Sweet, although the one I want to see sign with WWE is Petey Williams. His "Canadian Destroyer" finisher is just unbelievable, probably the best finisher out there today.

I hope that they do have a match, and Cena is extremely stiff with him, almost to the point of the New Jack/Mass Transit incident. Then again, if Kevin Federline releases the sex tape, I can forgive him (that is, if it is still the hot Britney at that time.)

11. tanglewood14

OT: I never trusted K-Fed with Britney in the first place. Didn't you notice that he only got a high-speed career sucess because he's Mr. Britney Spears?

Anyway, down with WWE:
    K-Fed and Cena are scheduled in a match on January 1, right? Lots of time to train Kevin then.

And even if I'm a Chain Gang Soldier, I also happen to be a realist. If Creative isn't gonna put anyone up against Cena for the WWE title, then fans are gonna turn on Cena as the champ and start booing the crap out of him again. The point of him being Champ is for him to defend it and take on all SOB comers.

Now he's in a storyline with Kevin Federline? Meaning, he's on his way to being a bad champ.

Damn... I'm gonna start sounding like those PWI people...

12. gream_reaper

I'm actually saving up money for that PS game.

I see your point. Too bad that storyline didn't work 100%.

That's the down fall, then.

:lol: Good one!

13. tanglewood14

Yo, this was so weird. Last Sunday, I was watching a big event in boxing. It was Manny Pacquio (Philippines) vs. Erik Morales (Mexico) for a title (forgot what it's called)... and guess who was there to support Morales?... Yep, REY MYSTERIO.

Damn! The night before that, I went to bed at 1 am and I was still sleepy when I began watching the end of the pre-show. They showed the camera, and it was Moraled talking to Rey! Then, at the main event, Rey was in the ring, waving the Mexican flag!

Funny, when Morales entered the ring, Rey was sort of jumping at excitment! Haller! I thought he had a knee injury! Well, at that time, he's done with surgery so...

Anyhow! I was blushing furiously when I saw Rey! My dad was there, and you know my dad disapproves me watching wrestling, which made me blush more.

GAH!!! This is crazy!

14. gream_reaper

Same thing my bro said. What in the hell is he doing being all excited about? Jumping with a kneee surgery?

Uy!!! *pokes*

Anyway, I was watching 5 Questions and John Cena was VERY flattered to hear a fan admit that he makes her teeth sweat everytime he says it.

Alright, his advice on people with stage fright adn talking to people: Come up with something you can talk about. Cena loves to talk about poop. "And that makes conversation weird with people, but at the same time it breaks the ice. Because, at the end of the day, man or child, everybody poops."

:D :lol: I was LMFAO at how he said that. Like, so mellow and serious. :lol: See? This is why I enjoy this vids.

And oh, he says that Hip Hop is NOT about pimping hoes or bling or what not. (Oh, yeah, he farted and said "Did we get that on audio?" and they said yeah)

"You are so hot, you make my teeth sweat."

Cena says: ... that is down right ridiculous, but thank you.

Hmph! I'm a Cena fan, deal with it!

15. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

John Cena's one of those wrestlers that can make a simple funny face and I die laughing, same with Orton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.