Science question

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by MacsGirlMel, Nov 8, 2006.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

This article is mostly Bones related but Reichs mentions having a hard time watching CSI due to the science. What's inaccurate? I heard it was pretty accurate, but sped up. Though I'm probably wrong.

I know you can't get results in seconds and that computers can't really find print matches, investigators do. Oh and some results are better than what they can really get, like the video stuff sometimes. But what else is inaccurate?

http://tvguide.com/News-Views/Interviews...1-0F47BC2C244A}

2. OliverH

OliverH Victim

Note that she doesn't say the science is consistently inaccurate, she says that "if the science is inaccurate, it interferes with my viewing"

Personally, from what I heard from a couple of forensics researchers, they're more bothered by the budget of the CSI departments seemingly resembling that of the Pentagon, as in there's always money to do everything that's needed and all of the equipment is state-of-the-art.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

oh darn I was reading too fast, I guess. My bad.

Yeah true, I've heard many places don't have labs like that for real. (and I did read that it's really Criminalist 1 and 2 in Vegas rather than CSI 1,2,3 I think)