'Leaving Las Vegas' Plot Details Revealed

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Oct 31, 2006.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

According to CSI Files sources, “Leaving Las Vegas” opens with an elderly woman, Addie Finch, washing dishes at night in the kitchen of her farmhouse. She hears creaking noises and calls out for “Jay,” but is answered with eerie silence. All of a sudden an out-of-focus silhouetted figure charges toward her, assailing her with a quick succession of stab wounds.

Inside the courthouse, Catherine testifies at the murder trial of Jay Finch, Addie Finch’s son. The opening scene is a version of events that unfolds in the context of the courtroom. Catherine describes how CSI processed the knife and found blood from four different sources. One source being the victim, another her son, with two more belonging to unknown genetically related females.

A series of short scenes runs through the murder case point-by-point, rather than chronologically. Catherine testifies that Jay Finch killed his mother because his blood was found on the knife and also in his mother’s bathroom. As stabbing is messing business, she hypothesizes that Finch likely cut himself. Ultimately, Finch’s attorney establishes reasonable doubt by getting Catherine to admit that it’s possible one of the two unknown females was the assailant. Finch is found not guilty.

Catherine becomes determined to identify the two mystery blood sources, convinced they are two other victims of Finch’s. If she can identify them, Finch could be charged with a new crime. No double jeopardy and the knife could be used again.

Catherine and Nick head to the small town of Mina, Nevada to investigate the bloody disappearance of Laura Burchfield and her daughter Robyn in the hopes of linking their blood to Finch’s knife. Their disappearances coincide with Catherine’s time line.

Grissom drops a bomb on his team in this episode. He announces he will be taking a sabbatical. Hence the title -- “Leaving Las Vegas.”

Please note that the above plot details have not been confirmed by CBS, Alliance Atlantis or Bruckheimer Films, and until such time you should treat this information as you would any other rumour. The above information comes from early script drafts and the details of the episodes are liable to change before the episodes are shown.“Leaving Las Vegas” is expected to air on the 7th of December, 2006.<center></center>

2. Calihan

Calihan Captain

It doesn't sound as good as other upcoming episodes, but still good none the less.

3. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Oh my God... I feel so guilty after reading this. I'm a sucker for spoilers, but this one is just MAJOR.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

No, no, no! William Petersen is the best thing about CSI:LV. He can't leave! I thought that there was supposed to be a romance heating up between Grissom and Sara anyway.

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

This sound good.

I know how you feel, billysbaby. I don't want him to leave. He is my second favorite, My first favorite is Nicky. But he will be missing for two episode then he return and you will scream that he is back. I don't want Catherine to take his place, no way, she is too power hungry. Nick is not going to be happy with her.

I just love Nick and Grissom, you will tell by my user name.

6. Mandis

Mandis Rookie

I don't want Billy to leave. Even though he's only gone for 2 episodes, I'll miss him!

7. SamStokes

SamStokes Police Officer

I would just like a Nick/Sara episode, doesn't look like we are gonna get one, even tho 'Grissom' is away, but NO, anyway whats happening bout this guy that was gonna play the guy that replaces WP for the 2 episodes?

8. Mini_Catherine

Mini_Catherine CSI Level One

He won't be replaced for two eppisodes, he'll just be leaving. SADNESS OVERWHELMS ME. POOR SARA, SHE'LL DIE WITHOUT HIMMM.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Actually, he's just leave for four episodes. And being replaced for those four episodes by Liev Schreiber.

10. Mini_Catherine

Mini_Catherine CSI Level One

Woah, four?! that sucks! I thought it was two. Now it'll never be thesame :(