The “Get rid of Boa Vista!!!” Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by CAINEonFIRE, Jan 31, 2006.

1. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

Re: The ?Get rid of Boa Vista!!!? Thread

I think DragonflyDreamer makes an excellent point. It is getting very close to character bashing in here guys.

We all have characters we don't like, for example, I don't care for Natalia myself at all. There are those that don't like Ryan or Horatio, etc...you all get my point, right?

It's fine to dislike a character, but Lucy and I would like to ask everyone to try to be a bit more constructive in their criticism, tell us why you don't like her or maybe whether you think there's anyway this character could be redeemed. Name calling and bashing for the sake of it is unproductive and could be a bit distasteful to some.

Thanks for your cooperation.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

You're right Thumpy, I'm going to refrain from calling the character names.

I guess I should wait til every Monday night to post my thoughts on her after I'm done watching the show.

3. SincerelyInDenial

SincerelyInDenial Police Officer

I third that notion... but I do think we can have constructive critiques without having to wait for every episode, afterall we have seen BV long enough. And if anyone is in need of a refresher course on BV, like I mentioned earlier, A&E is airing season four now. :)

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Was she on the 8pm epi? cuz I only saw the 7pm one "Blood in the Water" and she only came out during the last part. When I forgot who (I was using my laptop at the same time I was watching) told H that we all need a family, and they showed Eric walking with what'shisname, and Ryan with Alexx, and Calleigh and Natalia...

5. SincerelyInDenial

Hmm, I'm not too sure actually; I was distracted too - I was washing dishes at the time. I will admit though that when I was watching "Blood in the Water", I had the urge to yell at the tv, "Do not trust BV - she's the mole!"

I will admit that despite that fact that I do not like her character, I do look forward to her scenes with Nick.

6. alex21591

alex21591 Prime Suspect

Your right... i will refrain for bashing :)

I have said this before, but i think if the writers did more with Natalia she would be more liked. She seems to be getting some ok story lines in s5 so maybe it will pick up from here. But its the way she has been written in. She needs more flavour. In s4 she was made into a traitor and has now for some strange reason been made a csi. To a viewer this is uncomprehendable ( or at least it is to me!), she was IMO very poorly written in especially if she was going to be ,dare i say it :p, one of the main characters. She betrayed the most likeable guys in the show and was bitchy towards the most liked female lead. Viewers pick up on these things and this is why this thread was created...

Well i think i did ok there *feels proud of the constructive critisism plucked from own head :lol:* no bashing just stating what i though and how it came about etc. :D hehe...feels nice to get that off my chest :)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

lol You did an awsome Job Alex!

My problem seems that we're almost halfway into her life story and we have yet to know 1/8 of the other characters.

I would love to know more about Calleigh's family,past, and where and what she does to hang out. We've already seen the neighborhood where Natalia lives. Heck, we've even seen her car!

I would love to see Ryan's niece, or even his friends. So far,I think he's a very shady character! and would love to know more of him. We will soon to meet one of BV's relatives, and we have already met her exhusband and know that she was in one of those witness protection programs.

*shakes her head* Yeah, that's my criticism for today. :rolleyes:

8. SincerelyInDenial

I have to agree with that Natalia wasn't initially written well into the storyline. For me tptb just molded her too quickly and perhaps that's what irritates me so much. I will say that she is coming better along as season 5 airs, so I am hopeful that the character can be salvaged.

Like Alex stated, I still can't grapple the fact that she was the mole and then was made into a CSI. I know I've said it before and I'll state it again, cops/officers of the law,etc. are a tight brethren; family. And to then have someone to come in, become part of the family and then betray the trust given to them cannot be taken lightly. It is inconcievable to think that they would then promote said person.

Then again, it is television - and we all know that Miami likes to heat things up with drama!

And that's my two cents. :)

9. alex21591

alex21591 Prime Suspect

Ok so i was watchign collision tonight and i have to say the the NBV writing IMO was kinda sloppy when you put s4 and 5 together...its been said before but i must echo it... i dont think she was originally planned to be the mole, she denies it in the episode her ex-hubby is 1st mentioned and by the time he arrives on the scene in s5 she's a promoted csi. I think that perhaps it was planned before hand except changes had to be made to accomodate the mole story line.

Which is why it seems bizar to us that she's a mole yet has been promoted. Refrainign whats been said before, if NBV's parts were written in better she'd be more liked.

Its too confusing and her character too contrasting after all her ex betrayed her trust by abusing/battering her yet she can easily betray the trust of those who are ment to be her friends...to me thats kinda inconsistant...i would expect her to value those relationships the most.

Well thats me dont for now :lol:

10. SincerelyInDenial

Just finished re-watching High Octane on CBS Innertube...

Ryan still seems to not have warmed up to Boa Vista as a CSI. Can't say I blame him.

I will say NBV didn't annoy me as much in this episode. I still would like to know why she was promoted. Will we ever get an explanation?

11. MiamiGal

MiamiGal Victim

I still completely loathe this character and think she's a major waste of airtime. Her character has ruined alot of this season for me. My only hope is that we're getting inundated with info about her because she's gonna get murdered at the end of the season! And we'll be left with the ex rather than her - a trade-off I would prefer.

12. CSI_Chic

CSI_Chic Police Officer

I watched High Octane again. What was up with her shirt? I looked like somebody threw up on it....

13. MiamiGal

MiamiGal Victim

LOL - that shirt made it even harder than usual to take Snake on my screen! It kinda yelled out at you!! Snake sure likes attention - no matter what kind!

14. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I was happy to see that Ryan still doesn't really trust her. She needs to stay away from Ryan! :mad: Everytime they work together I feel like throwing up. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I hated her shirt too.

15. SpunkySparky

SpunkySparky Dead on Arrival

I happen to like Natalia but I wanted to ask a question to those of you who aren't fans. It seems to me that the writing of this show started to change, the direction tptb wanted to go in changed, more towards relationships which has made some shows like Grey's Anatomy very successful. Natalia is the character they decided to make this change with. Are you guys just not liking the character or more upset that its a new character versus a character that has been on the show longer that is getting more of a storyline?