Louise/Sofia: Tough Women Don't Try, They Do! Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by LadySaraButterfly, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I think they decided to get rid of the accent because it's very unusual for a British person to go to the US to become a cop. Especially a woman. On top of that, I think with Sofia they were going for the tough American chick, so I think the accent wouldn't have worked.

She's gotten good at it, but you can tell when Louise is tired, because that's when the accent usually rears its ugly head. The same thing happens to Hugh Laurie, who is an absolute genius with the American accent. But he's said in interviews it's very hard to mantain it when he's tired. With Louise it actually does sound like she's Australian, or went to boarding school/university in England. I prefer the Army brat theory, because considering her family history (her and her mother are cops) it would make a lot of sense if her dad was in the Army.

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Aw thanks LSB. Really gotta love her in Burn Out. From the bus scene, you see not only she's tough but she also has a tender, soft side. I really love that smile on her face when she's talking to the little boy. :)

[​IMG]

3. atfm

atfm Lab Technician

Very random post:

1. 88Blackbirds, I don't really notice the accent that much either but that could be due to the fact that I'm not a native speaker. And if I do notice it, it doesn't bother me. I actually like it, and it makes me chuckle whenever she slips. ;) I'm a sucker for accents.

2. EricaSJ, couldn't agree more about the smile - adorably cute. :)

3. I don't know if anyone saw this but I loved the look she gave the dog in Burnout when it kept on barking. ;)

4. I second the question about what BTA is, I'd like to see that interview, too.

4. Aldona

Aldona Civilian

5. kelloggs

kelloggs Dead on Arrival

i was fortunate to have found a copy of Hidalgo but i haven't bought it yet guess i'm still waiting for her other movies to be released as well. yeah it was a bit weird to watch Louise as a character villain...but she was definitely stunning!! :D

hehe, funny that you're not the only one who i've read that said that...ahh, to be Sofia's toothpick :devil:

oh wow, i'll most definitely wait for that scene!!

hi Bullit_01!! it's certainly great to hear from you...a big warm welcome to the thread :)

yeah, it's a trait in her i find cute too :D

i found another screencap of her in "Burn Out" that has got to be my fave of her in the episode...thanks to beyond-imagination page:

sofia + gun

6. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Any possibility you share that with non-members?

That scene was just so heart-melting :)
    Shows once more how brilliant Louise is.

*thud*

7. Bullit_01

Bullit_01 Hit and Run

Has anyone else noticed how she does that nervous things with her hands? I don't know if its a character thing or something Louise does subconciously. I noticed it once and now every time I watch the show it drives me crazy! Although there are quite a few things about that woman that drive me crazy :devil: Please tell me someone else has noticed and its not just me...

8. atfm

atfm Lab Technician

I don't know if I'm thinking of the same hands thing but in one of the BTK episodes, she held her hands next to her body and sort of moved them around like she didn't know what to do with them. Looked like she really wanted to shove them in her pockets but someone told her not to. ;)

9. Bullit_01

Bullit_01 Hit and Run

Its really noticeable in Werewolves when Sofia goes back to the house with Catherine. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed, atfm. You know, with the toothpick as well, Sofia's got a couple of nice nervous habits going on there. You think our favourite detective is a little insecure? I'm only saying because I've noticed it more since ABRTI.

10. atfm

atfm Lab Technician

You're right, she did it there, too. I think she was rather uncomfortable in that situation, so the hand thing would completely make sense. If it really has become more after ABRTI, maybe that's a very subtle way (because I think most people don't even notice it) of letting us know the events left a mark on her.

I don't know, I like the thought of her having nervous habits. It makes her slightly nerdy. :D

11. Bullit_01

Bullit_01 Hit and Run

Hot nerdy chick...Somehow it works...Maybe that could be the next thing - Hot vs nerd. Strangely enough I can only think of 'hot' examples at the moment. The "popping buttons" part in I Like To Watch is springing to mind. Although when Sofia dusts the phone booth in Werewolves - quite a nerdy thing to do to pass the time.

12. atfm

atfm Lab Technician

In Shooting Stars, when she was in the vet's office with Nick, she handed him a list with names, and it was alphabetised. If that's not nerdy, then I don't know what is. ;) Also, when she was a CSI, she used to talk to herself (though that perhaps rather qualifies as being geeky).

13. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

I just watched "The Early Show" clip that has William Petersen and a clip with Louise Lombard talking about a scene from the episode "Built to Kill". Seems like our actress gets nauseated during some of the scenes she films where blood is involved and had to stop shooting.

PM me and I can give you the info on how to view this clip.

14. atfm

atfm Lab Technician

I saw that, too. Can't really blame her, I sometimes have to look away during autopsies and I can only imagine what it would be like if you were standing right there, even if it's just makeup.
    And can I just say how lovely she looked in that clip? ;)

15. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Yes, she looked wonderful in her clip. She has such animation about her when she talks out of character. Her smile is absolutely contagious. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.