Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:NY

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 28, 2006.

1. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

Re: The Great Ship Debate--CSI: NY

I do agree, even though I'm a D/L shipper, that there really is D/L overkill and that they should try to build it up before they do anything too serious. With SMACked, I can see some natural chemistry and that it isn't forced down our throats. That's the way I perceive D/L sometimes and I wish they would try to evolve their realtionship before they make them a "couple" or whatever the writers are trying to do. I really see Danny and Flack as "friends" or "buddies", but not really "lovers".

I just wrote what I was thinking so I have no clue if it makes any sense at all.

2. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

I'm a HUGE D/L fan (look at my signature), but I really do think that it's unfair for every other ship because D/L is basically overshadowing everything. I love D/L scenes, but c'mon! Let's get some more S-macked scenes once in a while! Or Fiesta or whatever you guys ship! ;)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'd love to see something happen between Flack and Stella, but at this point it doesn't look like Flack is a character who will ever get together with anyone, even a guest character. A shame, too, because Flack needs some lovin'! Well, so does Hawkes, I guess. I'm not as focused on him, or any of the other characters. I love them all but Flack is the one I study the most. I do see chemistry between Danny and Lindsay and I love the way Carmine is playing that right now. Danny really likes Lindsay but he knows she's got issues so he's backed off. He knows what it's like to have issues! Although it's all implied, I think that part of the reason he didn't run off with Nixon suicide was because he was concerned about Lindsay's reaction. Granted, he doesn't own Linds anything at this point, but I'm sure he's still hoping they can get together. That and the handcuffs thing...

As for D/F, I've been a D/F fan off and on but I see them as just really close friends. I don't see Flack staring at Danny or ogling his ass. But like it's been stated here many times, we see what we see. Let's hear it for diversity!

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I don't think DL overshadows everything. I think their scenes in Love Run Cold were a bit overdone and did overshadow everything. It's nice to see that since that episode, they've dropped it.

Being a huge Danny/Flack shipper, I was happy of the scenes they had together. Can't wait for the caps. :p

hiding, it's perfectly fine that you don't see anything between DF. Non-DF fans aren't gonna see the little things that we do. I see them as close friends too but I also see Flack's obsession with Danny. He stares at him ALL the time. It's not just his ass. It's all of Danny. He just can't get enough. Flack gets all the lovin' he needs from his little kpoo. :p

Danny didn't have much of a choice than to back off from Lindsay. She never even gave him a good reason for standing him up. Now, there's a girl with issues. Standy up Danny Messer?? :confused: No freaking way.

I don't think Danny not running off with Nixon had anything to do with Lindsay. Just look at him in that scene. He so wanted to take her up on her offer and regretted it the minute she left. I wished he would have went out with her. He could have had one hell of a time. :eek: But my shipper mind is telling me that jham took care of him. :devil:

BTW, kissmesweet, board rules state that you can have either a banner or text as your signature but not both. Please remove one or the other. thanks

5. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I'm not a DF shipper but I see funny little things between them... Thanks to the DDark side everything they say to each other has a double meaning. :devil:

I think it's good D/L have kinda backed off from one another for now. I think it'll stay like this until Lindsay's secret comes out blah blah blah. Sometimes I think that DL are shoved into the spotlight, but a lot of the times for angst- they needed something to keep at least one relationship and storyline on edge. I think they've kind of dropped the DL stuff for now because of the "Hung out to dry" storyline (which hasn't played in yet, but it will). DL has gotta be on the writers mind though, whether it's gonna work out or not.

6. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

hehe...we are slowly pulling you over or at least planting ideas in your head. :p The DDark side is a wonderful place.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It has been a relief to see the writers lay off D/L, even if it is temporary (though I do wonder how Anna's pregnancy will affect that, since she'll probably be written out of a bunch of an episodes for a maternity leave). "Love Run Cold" was overkill in the worst sense.

I think it's funny how Flack doesn't even look at girls, but his eyes never leave Danny. And "Danno"? Cute nicknames and staring? Come on, the man is smitten. :lol: :D

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

It's been wonderful to see the writers lay off of D/L. After "Love Run Cold", we needed a break. I'm thinking Lindsay will be written out of quite a few episodes, unless they taped some of hers in advance.

My thoughts are that when Lindsay's secret is revealed (episode 12??), she may have to go back to Montana to work it out or something. Any other ideas on how they would explain her absence?

Top, I noticed that too. Flack pays absolutely no attention to any of the girls he's around but he's always looking at Danny. It's so sweet. I just re-watched the episode and I love how he called him "Danno".

9. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I don't remember the Danno... what part was it at? I do remember the hose in the wall thing, it made me smile cause I knew the DDark siders could take that 8 million different ways.

I was at first glad to see a DL break, cause it was needed. But ya'll know me, DL needs to be back together- not all lovey dovey, but I think they work well on cases together. And I'm in love with the ship- so yea. :D

The stella and Flack scene where Flack "proposed" the crazy with a motive- I loved that. Those two have crazy good chemistry together. Shippy or just friendly- it's fantastic!

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, I'm glad to see that they've laid off the D/L stuff. But they don't have to keep Danny and Lindsay on opposite sides of the building, they just need to learn how to write decent interaction between them. :rolleyes: They might not be doing the shippy stuff, but they've managed to have Zombie!Danny whenever they have scenes together any more. :rolleyes: I don't know what the writers are thinking, but they aren't doing the characters any favors.

As for Anna being pregnant, I'm sure that has something to do with the way Lindsay is on the show now. She probably works shorter hours and stuff. And this might be horrible of me to say, but I hope the writers don't try to go back to the old D/L stuff after she gets back from maternity leave. I'd hate to think that they only laid off the D/L (which I think was a good move) because Anna's pregnancy forced them to change their plans. :rolleyes:

I am, of course, very happy for Anna and her husband, but I try not to get too involved in the actors' personal lives and instead stick to the characters. ;)

As for Stella and Flack, I adore their interaction, and I could see shipping them in fanfic, but in the show itself I'm still not convinced. If the writers go there, I might be able to see it, depending on how well the writers handle it (D/L doesn't make me confident). We'll see in the end. ;)

The Mac/Peyton pairing is being done quite well, I think. When she's there, the show has some sort of concentration on the relationship, which, in the long run, isn't a good idea, but the characters at least work well together. I like that Mac is awkward at work but seems to genuinely care about Peyton. It's nice to see him in a relationship. :)

I was watching "Bones" the other night and it got me thinking about the D/L thing. Two of the characters on that show, Hodges and Angela, like each other (him especially, I think ;)). And I don't want to give away plot details to anybody who hasn't seen the episode yet, but suffice it to say that I was so completely drawn into the interaction between these two characters, and it was amazingly well-done. They have such fantastic chemistry. When I think of Danny/Lindsay in comparison to what I see between Hodges/Angela, it's a total farce. :( NY really needs to move on and leave D/L in the past, IMO.

11. Top41

^Agreed about moving on from D/L. I kind of wonder if Anna's pregnancy will tank the storyline. I'd love it if "Love Run Cold" was the final word on that.

I agree about Mac and Peyton as well--they're fun. It seems like a nice, natural adult relationship, and because she's just a recurring character and not a regular, it leaves what could happen open ended.

I love Flack and Stella's rapport, and if I thought Flack liked the ladies, I'd be all for it. But while he clearly has fun working with Stella, nobody gets him excited the way his "Danno" does. :lol:

They generally don't tape in advance--maybe one or two scenes, but usually that's for location reasons. My guess is she exits during February sweeps, and is perhaps gone for the rest of the season.

Definitely a great moment! :D It made me smile. It's funny--it seems like Flack has been hit on a few times, and certainly has been in the company of attractive women before, but he just doesn't react. And then Danny walks into the room and his face lights up. "They sent the big guns out." Could the guy be any more excited to see Danny? :lol: :D

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I love watching Flack and Stella work together but no way could she excite him they way his kpoo does.[​IMG] When Danny walks into the same room as Flack, the rest of the world just disappears.

How about the "dorky" wave later on in the episode?[​IMG] You'd thought he'd been away from Danny for a week or something. He was so excited and then he kinda put his head down like he just realized "oops, I'm out in public. Maybe I should contain myself". Great moment.

I hope they keep her around. Have her on the show every now and then and mention her sometimes.

**does happy dance** Glad they don't tape in advance.[​IMG] hmmm...a February sweeps exit and then gone for the rest of the season would be a nice break....for us. Now I just have to worry that she will show up in the finale and something big will go down between her and Danny.[​IMG]

13. Top41

The dorky wave was beyond cute! The look on his face was priceless. I love how Flack is never shy about showing how excited he is to have his Danny around. In "Murder Sings the Blues" he was looking at Danny with just the biggest grin on his face. It was so damn cute.

It will be interesting to see what her absense from the show will be like. I personally feel the character has never clicked and only detracts from the show, so I think it will be interesting to see what it's like without her for a few episodes.

14. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Gah, 1CSIMFan you brought that damned creepy dancing smiley thing over here.

I have been very happy at the absence of the D/L ship from the last couple of episodes. The only reason for this being I think we should be able to have a look at how the relationship works independent of the ship and its awkwardness. Now that Anna's pregnant, I wonder how the "relationship" between Danny and Lindsay will be handled. Will she come back from her absence and he will have moved on (maybe with Angell - they would make beautiful babies. But she's first in line afterFlack)? Or will he spend the time pining after her and wasting away into nothingness and earning the near-universal contempt of the Danny fans?

Flack cannot keep his eyes off of Danny. It's really becoming painfully obvious. The writers should just give up the ghost and put them together. I will then die a happy woman.

15. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

hello everyone..since this is a debate..and since im a d/l shipper i can come on here? Cant i?

well anyway..
    since im the only d/l shipper to post on this page..[btw im learning to be nice to other ships.so i took a risk and posted on here..i promise everything is meant in the nicest way possible}

As i see it, Danny and lindsay have great chemistry, i dont see it as being forced or anything else, i see that carmine and Anna have a great bond. but its a free world, ya'll can think as you want!

As for Annas pregnacy, im so happy for her and her husband, but didnt you guys think that if shes gone for some eps. then the lindsay fans would miss her, i mean..i wouldnt like it if, mac went back to chicago for 3 or more eps. would you? so yes im going to be sad if she goes.

D/l ok, im totally gonna be hated for this, but im a d/l shipper and just like all of you, i never back down from my ship! I love danny and lindsay and i think they are great toghter..just because they arent in every scene of every show. [im a tad touchy on that subject...sorry!] doesnt mean that there still cant be something there. Just like Flack and Danny, you guys think there is something there.[sorry im not much of a slash fan myself] but i think there is something there between danny and lindsay, there witty banter,[which you guys think is totally gross], and there fun scenes[agian which you think is gross], and you think are painful to watch.arnet painfull for me to watch. Sometimes i dont enjoy Danny/Flack scenes..or Mac/Stella scenes or anyones scenes, but that doesnt mean im going to hate the ship for my entire life. I know none of you like d/l and probably never will, and there is no way i can force you to..but if you just look on the bright side,[for non dl shippers,,its lindsay going away.] ok..im getting off my soapbox now!!

and im sorry if i offended anyone..i tried to be as nice as possible. sometimes when it comes to defending my ship, i dont seem that way!!!

~Allie