Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Reeble, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

There wasn't ZERO, Dharma!

As others have said, Sara's handling of Grissom was great. It really was. It was loving, but gentle, reminding him that Greg had a lot of stress already. She acted like a good girlfriend. Was it flirty? No, but as a girl who has been with her man over three years, sometimes it's just about being there, being understanding, and gently correcting. That was shippy to me.
    :)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Good episode tonight, even if there wasn't that much GSR. I was actually a bit relieved...when they smack you upside the face with shippiness every episode, you tend to enjoy it less. I liked how everyone got some screentime and some interaction with several different members of the team. Did anyone else notice the odd emphasis on text messaging, though? It was like that episode of Saved by the Bell when Zack first got his "cellular phone", which at the time was roughly the size of a small bus, and it was in EVERY single scene. Off topic? Yes. Sorry.

Good episode though. I agree with Adzik, Griss was HAWT. Poor, migraine-suffering Grissom.

And also thanks, Adzix, for posting the transcript! I still haven't seen the episode though. Anyone - what's the name of it?

3. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Welcome back, Zigs! You missed lots of fun, but there'll be undoubtedly more fun now that you're here again :)

Tonight's episode was grand. I LOVE that Nick called Superdave "Super". Heee. But anyway, onto Grissom and Sara - I thought Sara's gentle 'correction' of Grissom, suggesting he be nicer to Greg was quite sweet. You could tell he (Grissom) was having a real hard time coping with everything through his migraine, though. I was hoping there would be a moment where Sara would ask him if he was okay, but alas. Oh well!

You can tell there's every possibility this burnout (the actual burnout, not the episode title) will put a strain on things between them, which would be sad, but I know how many of you are just PINING for angst.

And *gasp* someone other than Sarah did a poll. *awkward moment* ..lol

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It was a good ep. tonight.. and although there wasn't much intereaction between them.. thier just "comfortable" with one another.. how she told him to be nice to Greg.. and he listens ;)and WP an incredible performance. what a great actor.. his timing.. so precise..amd that face.. those expressions :p and the headaches.. :(did this scenerio bring them on.. or has this been on going?..and does Sara know?

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Before anyone starts blowing the angst horn, yes, he IS getting migraines, but that pretty much explained him telling Greg to turn down the music.

BRILLIANT BRILLIANT interaction between Fisher and Grissom. I loved that - made the episode.

Sara looked gorgeous, and I really enjoyed her working with Greg.

Also enjoyed her standing up to him, and Grissom eventually agreeing with her and cutting him some slack, but I did like the conundrum of Grissom KNOWING Sara was BS'ing about being the one who turned up the music, but not really being able to hash it out with her, and you could TELL Greg got the "What was that?" vibe.

GSR aside, which was a fun little addition, just a very brilliantly acted second half.

6. jordan

jordan Rookie

I've come to the conclusion that Grissom would make a very nice daddy. He'd care too much not to be a good one.
    Anyways, about the episode. I loved it alot. Not a TON of gsr or cute little lines like "no, dear" or "are you volenteering?" but it was there. As soon as Grissom walked into the room with Sara and Greg and the music was on, I kinda figured he was gunna turn it off. But Sara taking the blame for Greg!?!? Oh snap, that was hot. It's so cute the way that Greg likes her. Normally you'd expect me to be mad cuz he likes her, but it's so cute. But it's also sad cuz he doesn't know about her and Grissom. But oh well, all in due time. But it was definatly an all-around great episode, and I love how when Grissom was talking to the pedifile(spelling?) and figuring averything out and he denied it, Grissom would say something back and sound like he was about to scream at the guy. It was awesome.
    Oh, Sara definatly knows he's got migraines. How can you not??? I woke up with one. It hurts right now, but I'm posting anyway for my love of you people<33
    And I love how he listens to her when she tells him to give Greg a break. Hehe, it's so funny to me. :p

I love Greg, he's so cute<333

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Poll time! lol.
    ETA

In terms of Sara telling Grissom to ease off... I think a migraine is one of those things where, if you've never had one (and I haven't), there's no way for someone who has to explain the magnitude of it to you. So while she must know that he gets them, she may not necessarily know how hard it is to control your emotions, or your temper, when you have one.

And she was really rather gentle with him about it - sort of a soft voice when she layed out that Greg didn't deserve to be snapped at.

I found the scene where he actively stopped himself snapping at Sara interesting - even in the midst of a headache, of being corrected, he's not going to do that to her.

So... yeah. Sara may not understand that it's not something he can help.

And may have figured, "I know you have a headache, but it doesn't warrant you being mean to someone who's under a lot of stress right now."

Having said that, when Grissom lectured Greg on the gas, did anyone else get the sense that he was a little bit jealous that Sara had stood up for Greg and not him?

I just got a slight hint of the old "Grissom still sees Greg as viable competition" vibe, like from earlier seasons.

SPEAKING of which - bringing up Greg's loud music and Grissom's hatred of it again?

It's like the continuity floodgates have opened.

8. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Especially since it had Alan Tudyk, also known as poor tragically dead Wash from Firefly. *hugs Wash* how I loved my Wash. Anyway.

In the poll I went with 'not a shippy scene' cause uh. It wasn't. I really loved that Sara stuck up for Greggo, and that's really the extent of my feelings regarding the GS"R" scenes. There was nothing shippy about them, imo, and that's okay. All in all, it was a good solid episode- and good proof that GSR isn't a necessary quality in all eps this season.

9. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

Okay, that episode almost made me cry. It was so sad. Which is why I didn't mind the one little slight GSR scene we had.

I could not stop laughing! First Grissom was yelling at Greg and then Sara turns and says 'I put on the music' and then Grissom just stands there as if to say 'ohh.. f***' lol. Sara and Grissom were just standing there, staring at eachother, hmm.. I wonder what Greg was thinking.

GRISSOM: Greg, what have I told you about the music?
    SARA: *turns* The music was my idea.
    GRISSOM: *pauses* Oh..
    GREG: Aren't you going to yell at her?
    GRISSOM: No, yeeeesh Greg, don't you pay attention? We're living together.
    SARA: *hugs Grissom*
    GREG: This seems SOO wrong.

Oh, that would have been funny.

Basically because Sara attracts everyone, from the youngest member of the CSI team, to the oldest. :p

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I voted for "it really wasn't a "shippy" scene.. and maybe she does know he has headaches.. and that's why she spoke to him in low..soft tones..about "being nice to Greg".. she doesn't give everything away.. and I noticed that he still likes to be alone.. when he's suffering.. rather than confide in someone.. even Brass noticed him dowining the asprins (or whatever] and said nothing.. :confused:

[​IMG]

11. jeanmacgreen

jeanmacgreen Rookie

I think Greg is always going to carry a torch for Sara in some way or another, but Grissom was under such terrible stress he just reacted much like someone suffering a migraine. Sound, lights, even smells can make them a really hideous experience even for the most patient of people.
    Another GSR note, I watched a rerun of 'The Finger' episode on Spike tonight, showed Sara on her first date with that scum Hank Pettigrew. :mad: What a 'class act' he was! Takes Sara to some low rent diner for a first date?!?!?
    There ladies is the huge difference between Gil Grissom and any other man in Sara's past; Gil would have taken Sara to a 4 or 5 star restaurant because he wants to give her the very best he can, not merely to impress but honestly share a wonderful time with her in a really romantic setting.
    Anyone here agree or no?

12. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

wow, what a silence on this thread. were are all the theatresporters and sarahs? lol

SO, i'm just here to write that i love GSR and Billy, and that i cannot wait for another episode, and that after calming down after yesterday i can fully say that one time or another i'm gonna seriously go and see him performing on stage. cuz, i'm cool like that.

about the poll. uhh, another weird moment. it reminded me a little of Bite Me, ya know. not about what they were talking about, but that it was the same confusing. the only difference is that we know in what stage of relationship they are in, so it's clear. if we didn't know though, it would resemble one of those WTF scenes in the past. i'm sure Greggo felt this. he was like "what the hell is going on? .. agh, whatever, it's the usual. i'll better go and see my boyfriend Hodges".

but IMO the scene was shippy. didn't y'all notice Sara's dominative tone? it was very "we're equal Grissom, even at work". and he didn't really know what to say, besides he had his migrane, so he just excused himself slightly. and Sara knowing that he listens and she doesn't have to say anything twice to him, just went back to the work mode.

oh, and their work-related exchange was cute. sara looked really good and grissom .. i'm not even going there. so, yeah, i've got a feeling that since they are together after every scene with them we will be asking the same question "was it shippy or not?".

i voted no.1 btw.

*fades away*

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Except that his expression was SOOO

Internal Monologue AAAH. Loud music. Migraine. Damn that Greg. Curse him!

Oh.

Oh.

Sara turned it on. Stop talking. Sex makes migraines better. Shut up. Close your mouth. Nod. Sex. Sex. Sex. Okay, we're good.

BOOOO work.

Okay - a little bit of news. CSI did lost to Grey's, however its numbers went about a million, and Grey's dropped a million. The margin? 500,000. That's tiny. Grey's has been steadily dropping each and every week.

And after that really fantastic episode, I think we're going to see CSI overtake GA by the winter hiatus.

14. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

I watched Greys after CSI last night and I can tell you that a lot of people are not happy with how this season is going. Last night was a waste of an hour of my life. Same old story, Dereks never ready.. the longest divorce in history.. not to mention Izzy is still depressed which is getting old. Everything about it is getting old and I love that show.

I believe that CSI will take over the ratings without question once again.

I think this also proves that even though some claim that they wouldnt watch CSI anymore because of GSR, they still get the viewers. Its just a strong show with strong characters and plots.

As for last nights episode, awesome and brilliant. My grandma called me today, who is a non-GSR shipper by the way, and told me that she wished they would have showed Sara there for Grissom at the end. haha. Funny Grandma.

Their scene together, very well acted by JF and WP. THey are doing an awesome job with their scenes together.

I just want a real relationship scene besides a 1 second comment where Gris calls her Dear or kicking a dummy. My teacher use to call me dear.. come on give us something else to work with!

Dont get me wrong, I loved those scenes but if anyone just started watching the show they would pick up on the flirting but not that they were in a relationship.

15. Jenjac

Jenjac Dead on Arrival

I didn't necessarily see the music scene as shippy. I don't think that Sara would've let anyone else get chewed out for something that she had done. And Greg probably respected her speaking out even though she was likely to get yelled at too. I think Greg might've been wondering why there was no comment from Grissom after Sara's confession. Maybe he was expecting something along the lines of, "Don't have the music up in the lab that loud, it goes for everyone, not just Greg." And not silence and a topic change. But is Greg thinking that there's something more going on between the two of them? I don't think so because a lot of his reaction could be explained by the migraine.

Grissom's look and the fact that he said nothing further about the music was probably the shippy part of the whole scene. But I'm not even sure it was definitively shippy as a lot of that look could be due to the migraine.

As much as I would've loved to see more GSR it was probably good that there wasn't any/much. The two can still, obviously, work well together and still act professionally.

But, at some stage of the episode, I would've liked to have Sara ask Grissom whether he was okay or asked what was wrong. I like to think that Sara knew about the migraine but she also knew that Grissom wouldn't let it get him down and he just wanted to solve the case and didn't want anyone's pity. The making him feel better could begin at home!

I'm scared of angst between the two. I don't want it because I guess I want them both to ride off happily into the sunset and I'm scared of what TPTB could do to the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.