The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

The Bone Collector

Love that movie.

@SMACKedMM: You like that movie? I also saw it, but I expected a very brutal movie with many bloody scenes...

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I’ve always wanted to read the book actually. I always wondered whether the book is as freaky as the movie. :lol: I watched it about a year ago and it frightened the life out of me. You gotta love Stephen King for his weirdness. :lol:

I watched Flight Of The Phoenix over the weekend. The reviews weren’t all the good when it came out, but I found it pleasant to watch. I think if Giovanni Ribisi hadn't been in the film I would have found it quite boring. I thought he was great, quite different to other roles I've seen him. I recommend it just for him. :lol:

3. SMACkedMM

SMACkedMM Dead on Arrival

No it wasn't all that good, it takes 40 minutes or so (chapter 14) before there's any blood in it, and then you have to wait 15 mins again for the next torture scenes. After that it's pretty cool, but I deffinitely didn't like all the sexual stuff in the beginning. I actually turned it off when I first saw it because it took to long before something happend. But 2 days ago I saw the Scream Awards 2006 and Hostel won 2 awards, so that's why I watched it again.

4. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

My words! I thought the same. I took long to see the first blood. And everyone I asked about the movie told me they left the theater after 30 minutes, cause they've been just disgusting and horrible. And in the first 30 minutes is nothing except of...well...much skin. I was confused but hey..everyone is different.

Just watched Hard Ball again.
    I love Baseball..and Keanu Reeves. So it's a great mix. :D

5. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

Hahaha, the book is way freakier than the movie. The movie isn't that scary :p

I just watched The Prestige, and I thought it was very good. Except for Scarlett Johansson who showed about a spoonful of emotion, the rest of the cast were amazing and the twists were unexpected. I feel like watching it again. :D

6. SMACkedMM

I just finished watching a dutch movie called 'Doodeind', it's the first dutch horror movie or so I've read.
    It scared the crap out of me, mostly because I'm terrified of ghosts!

7. tanglewood14

tanglewood14 CSI Level Two

The Da Vinci Code. Finally, as a 15 year old, I was able to watch it. It was R18 here, so I waited for it to be out on video.

I was gonna see The Marine today, but it still wasn't playing in the cinemas here in my city.

8. CSILauren

CSILauren Hit and Run

the last movie i watched was the History boys good film doesn't end how you expected it too

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Manon de Source.

I love European cinema

10. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Last one in the theatre? It was Click this past summer! FUNNY MOVIE!!! I loved how Adam Sandler paused his life and farted all over David Hasselhoff's face! BWA HA AHA HA HAAAAAA!!!!

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Awww poor Hoff!

12. SMACkedMM

Watched Ultraviolet with Milla Jovovich this morning. I liked it, except for Milla's hair..

13. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

2001 Manics

Liked that movie...though I had some problems with our own barbeacue after that movie. Oo
    Robert England is a great actor....especially in horror movies. *g*

14. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Please can you add more content in your posts? What did you think of the movie? Were the actors any good? Thank you. :)

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll have a go, trying not to give away too much.

Manon de Source is the follow up to jean De Florette.

It's set in Provence, France, in the 1920's. A young shepherdess Manon (Emmanuel Beart) tries to avenge the death of her father Jean (Gerard depardieu) who died in the first movie.

He died as a result of a battle of a water source to his farm which his neighbours, the Cesar (Yves Montand) and Ugolin blocked off to make himself prosperous.

Manon tries to expose them , but in the process Ugolin becomes madly infatuated with her.

there are lots of little sub-plots with other characters tying in with the first film. You can watch it independently , but watching Jean De Florette first makes more sense.

The light in this film is amazing, and the atmosphere is superb. i defy anyone to watch this film and not feel an urge to up sticks to France. It's a wonderful portrayal of human emotions.

Its dark and emotional, and there are twists to keep you enthused and there are brilliant performances from the actors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.