Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Reeble, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

I voted for "other" I think they've had something going on for along time.. since the beginning.. they've both had other issues and other situations..and worked out the "bugs (pun intended) but finally have come to terms with what they want.. each other ;) :p

[​IMG]

2. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

Definitely..!
    Oh girl..that sounds so aww cute..its just that I can imagine that happening..simply beautiful..
    Other thing people.. what can you imagine grissom telling sara or sara telling grissom..?
    I just can't imagine they telling each other "I love you" .. maybe from Sara could happen but Grissom I don't think so.. He have other ways..I could imagine telling her that he cares a lot about her and that she is important to him and so on.. maybe
    What do you people think about it?

3. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Damn straight you'd vote for option no.3. EVERYONE SHOULD. *cough*

Yeah, I realise I'm probably wrong but DAMNIT, I'M STAYING TRUE TO THE 'SINCE TOYD' TEAM!

I love the idea that Nesting Dolls and Committed just broke down the walls that they had between each other. They they were finally able to connect without all that crap between them. But at the same time, that they didn't jump straight into the sack from there. That beyond that they were able to build a genuine friendship as a solid foundation first. No more of that boss/subordinate crap. That they could see each other as equals who really cared for oneanother.

Most importantly I would love to know that Sara was able to really build herself up as an independent woman, finally getting past her demons through self-built self-confidence. That she was strong enough to do that on her own, without a man to hold her hand. Like in that scene in Committed when she's just talking to Grissom, telling him that she made a decision that she was going to get past that stuff. He's not holding her, and she's barely even looking at him. She doesn't accept his charity. She stands out by herself.

[​IMG]

I don't want anyone to be able to claim that she only got 'better' because she was with Grissom. I wanna know it was all her. So that through that, Grissom was able to see her shine and she was secure in herself. That they both were - and in their faith in each other. As friends, they were able to get back to being fun and flirty. And I liked her having that single-girl-sass. Then when Caprice called them on their connection in TOYD, they were able to look at each other and say "You know what? He was right. Let's go for it - we're ready for this" - and you could see how happy they were with having made that decision in the final eye-sexing scene of that ep.

SINCE TOYD, BABY!

4. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

i agree with you, that sara could possibly say i love you to grissom, cause she wasn't loved in the past, by her parents, and now she finally has someone to tell to that she needs him, that she loves him. from grissom's side it would probably be something as: you mean a lot to me sara, or i care about you. that would be sooo grissom-like, cause he never says anything straight, he always covers it with other things.. so when he says: i care about you, he means i love you, but he can't just say that to her.. :)

5. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

totally. id probably agree with that. TOYD did seem to be the first ep where it was blatently obvious something was going on. what with the eye sex at the end of the ep. i wonder if they'd been together before the 'eye sex'.

i can totally imagine him telling Sara he loves her. he wasnt all that open when he wasnt with her, but when we first saw they were, on the bed, he was confiding in her, and had a level of comfort and trust with her, which suggested, he'd find that stuff a whole lot easier, now that they were together.

totally.

i always wondered the impact that Sara hearing Grissom's butterflied had on her. like if she'd have given up on him, if she hadnt heard in depth how he felt. etc. but there was a big difference between the sara in invisible evidence, and the sara in snakes, thats true. she was a lot more confident in snakes, part of that would have certianly been because she knew stuff. but she always kinda said what she felt at times, when she asked him out, and he turned her down, when she talked to him in invisible evidence, and he couldnt say a thing, like when she talked to him in snakes, and he could hardly say a thing. she never got real assurances from him, up till, butterflied, so i think, that would have been a defining moment for her, that she would wait till he was ready, and she'd fight for him. but the way she acts in snakes, and how comfortable she is with him, surely is due to what she knew. i have a hard time believing snakes would have happened if butterflied hadnt.

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

With all due respect, it could be because for those of us who were spoiled for the finale, we were able to get used to the idea of them already having been together.

So the shock of them in bed was less, and then we had been able to really think out a timeline for longer.

It's just, for me, that little scenes like grey hair or Thermite weren't random. It wasn't accidental that suddenly Sara had the Grissom role in the relationship and Grissom had the Sara role. Sara flirted at random, Grissom looked surprised.

Now... maybe if TOYD was when they decided to BE together or really be a couple, it would explain why *he* was being so forward in the final scene, and why in Poppin' Tags he was flirting again - he'd regained control of what was going on.

I'd fully believe that Sara's comments about sharing a bed in Bite Me or her "he does that" comment to his walking away in Room Service could've had to do with awkward "what are we doing?" post-coital moments.

And Sara still feeling uneasy in ABRTI, and Grissom having to ask to be around her...

It's the kind of thing I could imagine both of them struggling with. Especially if something had *happened* after Grave Danger and they had to deal with the fact that they couldn't go back, but neither wanted to discuss going forward.

7. jordan

jordan Rookie

Omg really????!!!! I think seeing Grissom worried for Sara over something like that would be like...scary. He'd flip, I think. And then he'd probably spill the secret and no talk to anyone after that and he'd save her and it would be raining and she'd be crying and *huggle* *kissy* "It's okay, it's okay. I'm here now" awww, I could just cry right now...*tear* (Note: I feel another fanfic coming on. :p)

Thank you, thank you. I thought it was kinda...blah...but ya know, that's what every writer thinks about their work most of the time, right??

Oh, btw, I got very good grades on my projects. And CSi is my new study guide. I relate things to it, and I remember stuff, and I get good grades. =P

8. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I thought of that too, and im all for it. I think it will be a great episode but i dont think they will do it as a season finale cause of all that talk that Shanker (or whatever her name is) gave about how she doesnt want to jeopardize one of the main characters lives anymore as a season finale and blah blah blah. But i think that will be a really good episode. Im all for a Jorja Fox and of course GSR centric episode!

9. theatresporter

With all due respect to you, we all saw the finale months ago. Spoiled for it or not, I don't really see how that makes much of a difference now.

I outlined my reasons for believing what I do in the post above, and I honestly don't think they would have changed, had I known what was going to be revealed in WTG a handful of weeks in advance.

Until you heard those finale spoilers, you yourself (and most other people) had completely different views on all the scenes you refer to now - possibly with the exception of Bite Me. These scenes (again with the exception of BM, probably) had never been intended to hold these meanings you're pressing upon them now, in canon retrospect.

Please don't insinuate my views (which are in sync with what is most likely to have been the intended meanings of said moments) are invalid because of the only argument you can make in the only difference you can find between you and me - that is, having been spoiled or spoiler-free. Because really that's the most invalid thing here.

I said "I realise I'm probably wrong" because I find it probable (because of the post Bang-Bang things you use to support your theory) that TPTB will come out and 'prove' me as such if they give a timeline, but if anything I will always feel this to have been an err in continuity - hence why I will always stand by my Since-TOYD views regardless.

You can call that bull-headed, but don't make it out to be invalid. My reasons are just as good as yours. They're all only theories (at this stage at least) after all.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

theatersporter SAY WHAT???? what are you talking about? I can't make heads or tails of it.. :( just wondering.. that's all ;) guess it's about "when they got together" , I as a strong fan.. think it's been for along time.. and in an upcoming ep. it will be revealed.. and

this is supposed to be revealed ..soon.. on their relationship and it's first beginnings.. and is it really important now? in the big scheme of them? might be interesting.. but I'm more interested in what's coming up for them.. not the past

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Hey, sporter - I didn't realize my tone came out bitchy. It definitely wasn't meant. I was only pointing out that before we got the spoilers, a lot of us thought that TOYD was the jumping off point. Once we had them, and we found out per mystery that they'd been together for a while, we had longer to theorize and work out a timeline.

12. theatresporter

S'okay, Sarah. I realise I probably came across as a little OTT defensive about it, so, sorry.

I see what you're saying about having changed your mind due to spoilers, and what it probably was for you - more than having the spoilers themselves or looking at it personally - was that you and the other spoiled people together were able to speculate and discuss the whole thing at length as a 'team' of sorts, which - as you and I both know from experience in that field - is one of the (if not the) biggest contributor/s to filling in the blanks as part of the fandom. Group effort and all of that. So no, I wasn't part of that, and no, I won't really 'get' it as a result.

But I still feel my since-TOYD argument holds water, and more than any hard facts, I really like the idea that it is the case, mainly for the independent-Sara-ness I outlined in my earlier post. And despite what we have to juggle and shift in retrospect, I hope you can agree with me what was meant to be intended behind those earlier scenes when they were written/aired, despite what they're supposed to/could mean now.

It's kinda like arguing about how old Lindsey is, really. If she's 14 now, and 3 years ago they said she was 8 - it's kind of a toss up, really. Lol.

And as I said before - it's still all theory at this stage.

No harm, no foul.

13. mee1st

mee1st Hit and Run

Hey y'all :).
    I voted no.2 for the poll, not just only because of canon reasons, but because the answer most fit to my theory (uh, musings). I think they had a long way of getting together *for real*.
    I understood from the scenes in 'Bite Me', 'A Bullet Runs Through It' and 'Daddy's Little Girl', that they had some kind of struggle, maybe they were doing stuff together like dating (but I think they were not just dating like having dinner or other 'the usual stuff', maybe more like a geek-version of dating :p), my money is on that they were very close friends already (huh) by the time 'Grave Danger' happened... I just don't get, why they would have struggled that long... anyway, I'd say Grissom somehow got a grip very soon after his thermite-speech and TOYD showed that they already had taken that road they're on now. (Cuz, if it would have been otherwise, I guess they would have been much more nervous... but just a guess)
    I think it's just hard to define: under which circumstances are two persons considered to be actually 'together' - now from the pov of the both persons (cuz other pll don't have a word in that anyway, most likely)?
    I soo wish I just could ask Sara and Grissom... :)

*retreating back to lurking status*

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

thanks SO much for that. seriously, it's good. it's been a LONG, and i mean it, looooong time since i read a fanfic that would keep me very interested till the end.
    yeah, this theory is very probable. and i think that Grissom in S6 started to allow himself to feel something for her. i mean he was so closed up, up to S6. i'm thinking that maybe he wanted to warm up the relations with her first, not really uncovering all his real intentions (he could just as easily do it all uncounsciously), give her some hints here and there, some flirty looks and comments, maybe approach her a tiny bit with his feelings (sushi scene) and THEN get to the real stuff in TOYD. sara might've gotten overenthusiastic about his new kind of behaviour (grey hair) one time, and slightly impatient and confused (thermite) the other.
    desertwind PLEASE keep spoilers in spoiler boxes. thanks.
    yeah, you know one time i feel it's just impossible that it started only a couple of weeks earlier (WTG scene especially suggests it was longer) and the other time, i just can't get rid of the thought of how cute it would be if they made out the first time before TOYD eye-sex scene. so i guess i'm just opened for many suggestions and i won't stick with only one thing.

and big welcome to mee1st :D join us in our discussion!

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Yeah, exactly. And part of it is that your expectations and your interpretations can be changed by the spoilers themselves.

So when we were told they were already together, right after TOYD, we had to assume it had to be before then.

Like I said, it kind of comes down to your definition of "together". Had they finally committed then?

True, but for me it's just about the fact that in Room Service, Bite Me, ABRTI, Kiss-Kiss Bye-Bye and Daddy's Little Girl... the scenes were just SO "what was that?" that I couldn't help but assume it had been planned all season.

That was speculation, for what it's worth. Not a spoiler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.