Flack/Monroe #2 - It's a Block Party Thing!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by CSI_Watcher_8, Jul 12, 2006.

1. fly_casual

fly_casual Witness

:D oh my gosh. you guys totally just got me hooked on john mayer. just went out and bought the cd and love it! :lol: thank you!!! :D

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hey guys, it's time to get back on topic. Posts must be a minimum of 3 lines of ON TOPIC posting. You can check out the rules here .

There's been too much chatting going on in here and too many one liners, too much talk about videos, and too much talk that has nothing to do with Flack/Monroe.

If you guys want to chat, you need to take it to a chatroom.

Please get back on topic.

3. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

1CSIMfan, sorry I didn't think there would be much talk of the video.

To start a small discussion (maybe):

I know tonight's episode is featuring Stella. So if we didn't get anymore FM would you guys very upset? Or are you guys doing the waiting & seeing method (hoping for more)? ;)

4. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I actually don't get that upset if Flack and Lindsay don't have much interaction. I mean, I would love if they have a lot more screentime together on the show, because that would be great. The interaction would benefit not just the shippers but also the dynamic of their relationship on the show, platonic or otherwise. But I know from the amount of scenes the two have had together that they have lots of natural chemistry and they look [really really] good together.

I'll wait and see. And, if nothing comes of it, that's why we have AU fics. Or just fanfiction in general. Leave it to the imagination, right?

5. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Of course the imagination is a good thing. Cause even if they don't have scenes, we always can put in what they did or whatever. Its who we are. :)

But scenes would be good.

6. fly_casual

fly_casual Witness

I personally don't like Lindsay on the show, but I love her with Flack in fanfiction. There just hasn't been enough interaction between Flack and Lindsay for us to tell what they would be like together yet. I think (especially with all the Danny/Lindsay action lately on the show) that Flack would be a really bad friend to Danny if he and Lindsay started going out. I prefer FM to DL, but I wouldn't want Flack and Danny's friendship to be wrecked over Lindsay.

7. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I agree fly_casual, wouldn't want Flack & Danny's friendship to be wrecked over anyone.

Last Night's Episode:
    So who was thinking Flack was getting a cinnamon twist with Lindsay because Stella got her upset. ;)

8. CathStokes

I don't think Flack and Danny's friendship would ever ruin. they might argue for a bit, but they've been friends for to long and whoever ended up with her, they'd be happy for each other.

I know I was! :D

9. csicat

csicat Police Officer

I'm going to add that to my 100fic thingy. I've got to adjust the timeline on there somehow, or maybe I just won't be able to keep all of the stories in the same universe.

To our lovely mods:
    Sorry about all the chit-chat pertaining to the video. I was very surprised that someone actually posted the link to it. :) (But a quick aside to those of you who watched it: Thanks so much for the kind words! I really appreciate them. Tho next time maybe we should all try to leave the feedback on the lj comm itself so that we're not breaking any forum rules.):D

Okay, FM Radio: I like to think in my own little world that when the
    shots were fired last night, Flack was worried about Lindsay. He knew that she and Hawkes were on their way to the scene so there was a possibility that she could have been involved.

No? Alright . . . How about
    when Lindsay and Danny are doing all the interrogations and that one girl starts hitting on little Linds, how much do you want to bet that Flack was standing in the observation room behind the glass? I just know that he was watching all of the conversations but when Lindsay said "Am I going to have to give you a timeout?" he got a little uncomfortable because he was remembering a similar situation between the two of them the night before. :devil: :D

I'm done now. See you crazy people laters! :D
    ~Teh Nutty King

10. fly_casual

fly_casual Witness

^^I'm totally sure that's what happened *giggles*. If only the writers would listen to the wise words of The Fans. I haven't been watching CSI:NY that long, but I heard that Flack and Lindsay almost never interact, and the first time we see them really talking to each other one-on-one is in CoTP. That is such a waste! I'm not that big of a Lindsay fan, but I'd rather her be with Flack than anyone else. Writers? If you are out there: turn The Radio up!

11. screamingpoet

For me, the Don/Lindsay/Danny love triangle is a very complicated and intricate one. I mean, you have Danny -- a very emotional guy, who takes things very seriously and (although he tries to get people to think the contrary) cares deeply about the women he's with and gets attached. He has the rep of a player, and maybe he is, but he just can't find the right girl. He likes Lindsay, because she's his character foil; city boy, country girl. Whereas Danny's emotionally unstable, a constant rebel to authority, and his secrets are dark and out in the open, Lindsay's pretty much the opposite. She's sweet, smart and determined; when she gets something wrong, she accepts it and proves that the other person was right. She has her skeletons but she keeps them quiet. She doesn't really like Danny, mostly because he's too unpredictable. She needs someone stable in her life.

Flack is more stable. I don't think I've ever really seen him lose his temper or become as emo as Danny on the show. Flack of course has his own shadows. While he's definitely a good friend and the shoulder you lean on ("All Access" S2, "On the Job" S1), we saw that taking down his mentor Gavin Moran was hard on him ("The Fall" S1). He definitely internalizes things, probably because he thinks he has to be strong for everyone else. He also dodged a question about his father, dubbed an "NYPD legend" by Moran. It's my belief that it's because Flack's trying to make a name for himself and trying to outrun the shadow of his father.

Lindsay doesn't seem to be that close with her parents either, as evidenced by the conversation she has with the father of the victim in "Stealing Home" (S2). It's one thing she and Flack would have in common. Maybe it would be something that would draw them together. Also, Flack seems to be the hero type. With Lindsay and her dark secret, he'd probably want to help her. She wouldn't want to let him at first, but she'd eventually let him in. Lindsay strikes me as the helper type as well -- Flack needs someone to worry about him, and Lindsay could do it. Would do it, just because she felt it was the right thing to do. Because he needed it.

Personally, I think Lindsay's comment in "Love Run Cold" (S2) about having issues to deal with, things she thought she had gotten over but she really hasn't, could be about anything. I choose to take it as it's about Flack. Could it be that during the end of S2/off-season they got closer and she fell for him, so hard that she pushed him away? Now that he's back on the job, she sees him more often. Lindsay thought she had gotten over him, but she really hasn't.

Flack is Danny's best friend, as we've seen throughout all three seasons so far. Danny's gone to him when he's felt that the world turned against him ("On the Job" S1), when Louie was beaten up by Sonny ("Run Silent, Run Deep" S2), and Flack was stability when Danny was a wreck after Aiden's death ("Heroes" S2). I'm sure there's tons more. The point is, I'm pretty sure that there's nothing that could ruin a relationship like that, even a girl. There would be some distance for a while, and maybe they'd even fight it out. But afterwards they'd just have a talk and then they'd play some hoops on Saturday, because that's what best friends do.

Sorry for the novel!

12. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Oh my God; thank you! :) You've just summed up (in a lot of words... :lol:) the relationship between the three characters. You've pointed some stuff out too. Some stuff that I've forgotten since season 1 (I rarely rewatch it now, because I'm not the biggest Aiden fan.) like about Flack's legendary father. Thank you. ;)

13. screamingpoet

Well, you know, glad I could help. I'm just this girl. I'm absolutely crazy about FM Radio. They're my OTP. And, by the way, Don/Lindsay/Danny is my OT3, so that rounds everthing off. I'm kind of crazy in the fact that I analyze everything about the characters I ship. I get in their heads so I can write them better in fic. I think it makes me a better author.

Random Question: According to my novel two posts above, Flack and Danny are best friends 4 lyfe. Do you think that Lindsay would date Flack and risk coming between them, or would she just push Flack away?

Personally, while I think Lindsay is a strong person, I think she cares too much about her friends to want to do that to anyone. I think she'd push Flack away because she wouldn't want to choose between him and Danny. She wouldn't want to hurt Danny or ruin the relationship between the two of them.

Lindsay: I can't do this, Don. You and Danny... Either way, someone's going to get hurt.
    Flack: You have to stop worrying about what everyone else wants. Christ, Lindsay, you have to think about what will make you happy.

Something like that, anyways.

14. CathStokes

*is in total agreement with you there*

She totally is. She'll tell everything she did and didn't see. :D

I think he would say something along the lines of that, yeah.

15. screamingpoet

Random Question #2: Just because this thread includes both Flack and Lindsay, what kind of nicknames do you think they'd have? Not just for each other, but just in general.

For Flack, I can't really see anything else but Donnie. He just doesn't seem like the nickname type of guy. Neither does Mac, now that I think of it. I mean, honestly. Could you imagine calling Mac "Big Mac" or "Macaroon"? XD

Anyways. Lindsay. Hm. I can see Linds, and obviously Montana, which seems to be only something Danny calls her. But besides that, I don't know. Baby, maybe. But not at first. Flack doesn't strike me as the overly affectionate type one week into the relationship, it would take a while for him to come up with "baby".