The 'Mistake' (csi ny fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Di_Csi, Jun 28, 2006.

1. CHILI_PEPPERS

CHILI_PEPPERS Pathologist

Re: The 'Mistake' DL

This is great! cant wait for more!

2. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

Okay, here's next chapter! Enjoy! ;)

Nightmares

Lindsay was running through a forest. Quickly she looked around.. it was dark, but she saw that the trees she stood among were huge and that made her feel smaller than she actually was. She was cold and felt lonely, why was she here and not at home in her warm, comfy bed? And where was she actually running from? She stopped running, only to realise that that had been a big mistake a couple of seconds later. She could hear the twigs crack under a heavy pair of boots, that were quicly coming her way. That's when she heard the deep, twisted voice again.. just like on the phone. "You can't run away from me Lindsay.. There are no places to hide, eventually I will find you and then you are going to be all mine" The footsteps where close now, but had slowed down. "Let me show you what I did to Naomi and the others.." She now could also see a figure in the schadows a couple of meters away from her. She wanted to run again, but her legs wouldn't move! Lindsay started to scream "Go away! Leave me alone!" but it was no use, the figure kept coming closer and closer.. "Please..."she desperately tried again. Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder..

--

"..ntana come on wake up "Danny was shaking her awake. With one quick move Lindsay sat up straight and looked around. She was glad to find out she was in her and Danny's office. 'Oh thank God.. Just a dream..'

Danny kept his hand on her shoulder to steady her. "Hey, you alright? You were screaming so loud people on the other side of the Atlantic could hear ya".

"Hmm.." Lindsay rubbed her forehead, "Yeah nothing serious, only a bad dream that's all.."

"You sure? you seemed pretty.. shocked"

"Yeah, yeah I'm sure"

Danny went back to his seat. "So.. still want that coffee?

With a shock Lindsay realised that she had fallen asleep on the job. "Oh, no! How long have I been asleep!"

Danny looked at his watch, it was 14:09pm. "Well.. I guess it's been almost an hour and a half since I went to get us some coffee.."

"WHAT! And you didn't wake me? Please tell me we have something new on the case!"

"Whoa, calm down there a bit Linds. Mac and Stella found some blood in that warehouse they were going to, alongside traces of gunshotresidu. They are now testing the blood. If it's a match to the hair we have a big chance on getting the bastard". Danny folded his arms. "Oh and Flack is interrogating Jason Harisson again, see why he confessed to those murders"

"Good, that's a relief", Lindsay sighed and then got a thoughtful expression on her face. "Don't you think it's odd that he confessed to those murders? I mean, I wouldn't want to go to prison for some crime I didn't commit".

"Yeah, you are right. He probably has a damn good reason for those confessions".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, made any friends in prison Jason?" Don Flack was sitting in an interrogation room. Jason looked at him sheepishly, you could see some old bruising around his face, which wasn't unnoticed by Don. He continued, "They sure love child murderers over there, don't they?"

Jason's look went down to his hands. "Did you like it when you stabbed those helpless girls?" Don grabbed pictures of each girl. He put them in front of Jason. "This girl..", he pointed at the picture of a girl with blonde, curly hair, her face full of minor cuts and a deathly shade of white. "..would go to college next year, to study medicin. She would have become a doctor and could've saved peoples lives! She had her whole future in front of her, and would you be able to tell me straight to the face that you took that all away from her?"

Still, Jason didn't say a word. He had a shocked expression on his face when he stared at the picture. "Well, could you Jason!" Don slammed his hands flat on the table, Jason closed his eyes at the hard sound. "No you can't! And want to know why?" The detective bend over the table with his head close to that of Harissons. In a what less loud voice Don said "Because you didn't do it, that's why".

Jason looked from the detective's face, to the pictures lying on the table, to his own hands. Finally he almost whispered: "No.. no, I didn't.."

"Then why would you want to rot in prison for the rest of your life?" It was silent for a moment.

Jason sighed "If I didn't tell you I had committed those murders, he would first kill my family and then me! I had no choice"

"Does 'he' have a name?"

"I was late for work and I was walking about three blocks away from here. I decided to take a shorter route and then all of the sudden someone grabs me from behind, holding a knife to my face.. telling me to go to the police department.. How could I even possibly know his name?"

Don couldn't help but to feel sorry for the guy. "Alright.. Did you see what he looked like?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lindsay was in the locker room, her hair still wet from the shower she took. Fysique and mentally refreshed she grabbed her stuff together. A little earlier she'd had a chat with Stella. She'd told her that Flack knew to get some answers from Jason Harisson. The pour guy really had nothing to do with the murders and was free to go. Although he probably would have to identify the guy that forced him to confess. Stella also told her the blood from the warehouse was a match to the hair, both belonged to Stuart McGrey. A couple of officers had gone to his house to arrest him, but he was nowhere to be found.. The thought scared her, he still had a chance on getting near her.

Her shift was almost over. But she wouldn't go home, all agreed that it would be safer for her not to sleep in her own bed. Danny offered to let her stay with him, he'd already kept a close eye on her through the day so, it seemed pretty logical to him that she would stay with him. Lindsay was more than okay with that. There would be surveillance keeping an eye on his appartment in case something unexpected would happen.

"So.. Ya ready?" Danny stood in the doorway holding his jacket in his hands.

"Yeah, let's go"

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

please update soon!

4. CHILI_PEPPERS

OH! I just love it! cant wait for more!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

i like it!
    update soon please

6. Roosey

Roosey Captain

It's really good, please continue..!

7. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

At Danny's

After picking up Lindsay's stuff and a drive that took longer than expected, due to the always bad traffic in New York, Danny and Lindsay finally stepped into his apartment. Danny turned around to lock the door, while Lindsay walked to the livingroom and eyed the environment with an amused look on her face.

"You can put your bag in the first room on your left", Danny shouted towards her. When he turned around, he saw how she was looking at his belongings.

"What?"

"Well, I didn't expect your place to look this.. neat, Danny" She said, while picking up her bag again and walking to the place Danny had told her.

Danny followed her "Ya sure didn't think a guy like me could be this tidy, huh?"

"No actually, not really",Lindsay laughed ,"Not that I'm that much of a neatfreak, if my mom would be able to see my appartment, she'd probably ask me if a bomb explosion caused that mess"

”So”, Danny said with a twinkle in his eyes, ”is that the reason why you didn’t want me to come in when we picked up your stuff? Afraid what I would think of you when I saw the big mess in there, huh montana?”

Lindsay averted her eyes from him and tried hard not to blush in front of him “Uh.. not really, only thought it would be quicker that’s all” Quickly she changed the subject. She noticed that the room she was standing in was Danny’s bedroom. “So, eh.. you want me to stay in here? I’d be happy to sleep on the couch you know”

“Hey, don’t be silly. I suggested you’d stay at my place, you’re my guest so you can sleep in the bed while I sleep on the couch, allright?”

“But..” Lindsay started.

“No buts Lindsay, you have enough on your mind already. Just take the bed, will ya?”

“Allright, then”, She sighed and started to unpack her things.

Danny started to walk towards the livingroom “Do you want pizza or Chinese takeout for dinner?”

“Pizza’s fine, thanks”

--

An hour later they both sat on the couch watching a movie. There hung this awkward silence between them, they both wanted to say something but didn’t know what.

“So”, they both began.

“You first”, again they spoke at the same time. They looked at eachother and burst out laughing. A couple of seconds later the doorbell rung. “Guess, that's our pizza" Danny stood up to open the door. Lindsay heard him talk to the pizza delivery guy about something and then close the door.

Danny walked back into the room with the two pizza's they ordered. "Seems like the surveillance downstairs takes their job pretty seriously.. they searched the poor kid to see if he was armed" This made Lindsay frown and she didn't answer him. Ofcourse she was here because she wouldn't be safe in her own house, but this made everything more real. The killer could be everywhere, even dressed up like a pizzaguy. Lindsay looked out of the window, across the street was another appartment building. Everyone could easily have access to that, what if the killer was hiding over there.. No, now she started losing her mind. 'Damn, I'm losing it.. Better focus on something else before I'm starting to see things or something.' Lindsay sat back in the pillows, tried to relax a bit and watch the movie. Just when she started to get her mind of of things and started to get what the movie was about, the phone rang..

Danny had put the pizza's on the coffeetable. He was in the kitchen getting some drinks when he heard the phone rang.

"Danny! Danny, please answer the phone!" Lindsay shouted. It was obviously to him that she was scared.

Danny quickly closed the fridge and run towards Lindsay, who was holding the phone in her hands. "Don't answer it"

"Trust me, I wasn't planning to", she said when she handed him the phone. "But can you put it on speaker? I want to hear it if it's him" Lindsay was looking at him with big, intense brown eyes. "Sure"

They exchanged a brief glance before he answered the phone. "Messer"

"Hi Danny, it's Stella!"

They both sighed in relief, "Hi Stel, glad it's you"

"I was just calling to see how you two were doing. You know you're phone is tapped, right?"

"Yeah I know that, Mac filled me in about that earlier"

"Okay, good. So everything alright up there?" Danny looked at Lindsay again, who was still looking at him but seemed more relaxed with the situation.

"Everything's fine here, thanks for asking"

"Good to hear that. I'll call you again if we have news. Take care!"

"Thanks Stella, you too". Danny hung up the phone and sat next to Lindsay on the couch.

Lindsay was still looking at him, only something in her eyes had changed. "Thanks Danny", her eyes started to water, but she smiled shyly, "for being there for me, it really means a lot to me. I have felt so alone the past few days, I had the same feeling into my stomach when I just had moved to New York and knew no one but my uncle. I wouldn't know what to do with myself at this moment, if it wasn't for you being here. Thank you for everything", She broke the gaze they were holding and started to fiddle with her hands.

Danny reached out for her and took her hands in his, which caused Lindsay to look up at him again. "I'm happy to help you with whatever you need help for and I promise you I'm not going to leave you alone for even a moment 'till we know for sure that the son of a bitch that caused all this, is going to be in jail for the rest of his life, you got that?"Lindsay nodded.

Something had changed between them and they both knew it. Their eyes still locked, Danny brought one hand to the side of her face and Lindsay saw his face coming closer and closer to hers untill they were only an inch apart. She could feel his warm breath on her lips and the place where his hand was on her cheek started to tingle. He looked at her lips then at her eyes again, silently asking for her permission.

When she felt his lips on hers she completely forgot the world around her and she put her arms around his neck. She didn't hear the traffic outside or the movie anymore, it was only him and her. It was an exploring kiss at first, but the longer it lasted the deeper it grew. After a couple of minutes they both pulled away, smiling.

Danny looked at the cold pizza's which were still lying untouched on the table. "We better start eating before our dinner is getting colder than it already is" he laughed.

8. MacsGirlMel

awwww so cute :) Please write more soon!

9. CHILI_PEPPERS

Oh wow that was great! cant wait for more!

10. Kal

Kal Prime Suspect

this is great. update more soon, please? :D

11. girl_of_aegean

girl_of_aegean Dead on Arrival

hey Di u can't stop where it gets heated up...please continue writing please...i am begging you :)

12. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

Oh I will continue ;) Hope to have next chap up by tomorrow, but I have to work this weekend so I can´t promise anything!

13. Di_Csi

Di_Csi Hit and Run

I'm sooo sorry it took me this long to update the story!! Real life kinda caught up with me lol ;) anyway, I hope you'll enjoy this chap! And let me know what you think!

‘Party Night?’

“.. so and then the guy told me to make sure I begun everyday with a smile, because he thought I looked so sad. Well it was obvious he was drunk you know, he kept asking me if I was happy every two minutes and if I wasn’t I just should give him a call! Trying to hit on me and that while he was like 67years old!” Everyone was laughing, while Stella did most of the talking. The killer had disappeared mysteriously and it had been six days since they last heard of him. While still keeping a close eye at everything, they decided that they could use a night off. Nothing too fancy, just a little dinner and drinks with the whole team at Stella’s. Stella had insisted on cooking and making one of her famous Greek salads.

Now everyone was sitting in the living-room with a beer or a glass of wine. “More beer anyone?”

“No thanks Mac, I think I’ll pass on that one”, Stella responded giggling “If I get more alcohol into my system, you can probably wipe me off the floor. And that wouldn’t be too good, since I just got my carpet renewed”. Hawkes, who was sitting next to her patted her shoulder “Good to know you still have a little sense of responsibility in you after your sixth glass of wine, Stel” he said laughing. “Hey guys, I promised I would be home early so I think I’m going to call it a night!”

“I think I better leave too”, Flack stood up to get his coat. “Thanks for dinner Stel, had a great time. See you all tomorrow, bye!” Flack and Hawkes ones again said their goodbyes, and left.

Stella went to sit next to Lindsay on the couch and enthusiastically started telling another story. Which Lindsay found very amusing. Mac had grabbed Danny and him another beer and they started talking about the Jazz-band Mac played in. The rest of the evening went by fast and before they knew it, it was already 0:23am. Danny went to grab his and Lindsay’s coat and they went back to his apartment. Mac decided to give Stella some help with the dishes. After that was done, Mac left.

He was walking towards his car when he noticed something strange at his windshield. When he got closer he saw a little note under his window. Hoping it wasn’t a fine he quickened his pace to get a better view at the little piece of paper. There was a message written on it. Quickly Mac grabbed his phone.

“Come on answer the damn phone..”

-----------

Danny and Lindsay were still on their way home. Traffic was bad even this late, or should you say early? Yep, New York is definitely the city that never sleeps.

Lindsay was sitting in the passenger-seat and was staring out of the window.
    “This was nice wasn’t it?”

“Ya mean this evening?”

“Yeah, we all really needed some time to relax a bit”

Danny nodded, “Yeah, we did. Plus it helped that Stella did all the cookin’. I mean, what if Flack had offered to make dinner? We probably would have ended up at the hospital with food poisoning or something”

Lindsay laughed, “It’s that bad huh?”

“Trust me, it is. Flack can’t even boil water without messing it up..”

It took them another ten minutes to get back to Danny’s apartment. “Well, we are finally here” Lindsay yawned and stretched when she got out of the car. Danny was just about to lock the car up when he got a phonecall from Mac.

“Messer”

“Danny, where are you now?”

“I am standing in front of my building.. ”

“Good, I want you to get back in your car and go to the lab right now. I received a note from the killer. He has been watching us..”

Danny motioned for Lindsay to get back in the car. “What did it say?”

“It said that we are not going to get rid of him this easily and that we should watch our backs.. He knows we had dinner at Stella’s this evening, I want you to be careful he might have followed you back to your apartment.. ”

"Alright Mac, we are on our way", Danny put his keys in the contact and started the car.

"What's wrong?"

"The killer left Mac a note, he might be watching us right now. so Mac wants us to get to the lab straight away".

14. MacsGirlMel

continue soon!

15. CHILI_PEPPERS

Awesome update!