Shrine of Archie-goodness

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by korbjaeger, Jan 1, 2002.

1. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

I didn't know in advance...course basically, he was a "prop"...maybe 10 seconds screen time and what, two lines? For that I guess I'll forego the "you got some 'splainin' to do" e-mail... :lol: My ma-in-law's computer (with the screencapping software) is on the fritz at the moment, but I don't know if there was enough of him onscreen to get a decent cap anyway...

Holy effin' hell, I can't wait until everyone sees "Fast Money". Enough of the "prop", cannon fodder, etc. parts...the guy just deserves better!!

2. CSI_Gal

CSI_Gal Prime Suspect

I didn't know ahead of time but when I started watching the eppy and saw his name come up I got all excited. But I blinked and missed him. Luckily I could go back (i tape it cuz I'm gone when it airs) and watch it again and that's when I saw him. He looked cute with the glasses.

3. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Dug this thread up. :) I rewatched Random Acts of Violence last night to search for Sofia and found plenty of Archie. There's this exchange between Archie and Nick:

(ARCHIE and NICK walk into the lab carrying boxes of evidence. They put the boxes on the table.)

ARCHIE: Cool-looking office. It was kind of fun being out in the field. Pulling drives, collecting evidence, flashing I.D. I think I got a flair for it.

NICK: You bucking for a promotion?

ARCHIE: Not bucking, nudging.

Does Archie want to go out into the field? I think its cool if he wants to, but I hope that he'll remain as an AV tech and for the writers to develop his role more. Im worried that if he goes out into the field, he'll become less cute, dorky-Archie and turn into a more serious-Archie. I love dorky Archie. When Nick asked him...

NICK: Hey, what's that star trek episode where the guy's got the forehead thingy, and the time portal?

ARCHIE: In Classic, TNG, DS9, Voyager or Enterprise? ... Or were you thinking about Farscape?

NICK: I have no idea what you are talking about.

...I think that's just adorkable. :lol:

Yup, that's it. Just thought I'd pop by because I love this guy. Watched him in Power Rangers yonks ago, loved the suit. ;)

4. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Hard to say. I'd love to see them develop his role more, whether in the lab or the field. His dorkiness has often been a little offset by a kind of refined gentility (you saw "Let The Seller Beware", right?) and I'd love to see them do more with the duality of the techno-nerd and the art/culture aficionado. Archie's one heck of an actor - believe it or not, my husband's even more annoyed than I am that his role on "CSI" hasn't been expanded more - and I'm anxiously awaiting the DVD release of "Fast Money" so people can finally see how incredible he really is. 'Course if you saw his appearance on those two eps of "ER" in '04 you have a slight idea... :cool:

Don't forget to check out Pronounced "kay-oh" for visuals and current news. He's been hella busy the last 2 or 3 months. (He does a lot of filmings in Asia and just recently got done filming his scenes for "The Hills Have Eyes II" in Morocco...that on top of "CSI" and the quickie one-off on "Heroes"...plus a recent appearance at a TV/media Expo in London...now you know why I've dubbed him the "Jet Lag Kid"...)

Jetix (and a couple other related Disney cartoon channels? I dunno, I have digital) have been reshowing the Power Rangers series he was in...last ep tonight, unfortunately, I caught it about 3/4 of the way in (argh!). Don't know when they'll get around to PR:LG in the "Generations" cycle again, but he was in three of the eps the following season ("Operation Lightspeed" I think it's called) so I'm on the lookout for those...

5. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

BLAM. How can I forget that? :lol: That scene is on my Fav Archie Scenes list. But so far I only have few favs because those are all that I can remember. I need to watch more. Ive been to that site you linked. Do you run it? Its hard to find Archie anywhere on the web, he's not gotten enough recognition which is quite disappointing. He's a great actor.

I read that Archie acted in ER, but I cant recall if I caught those episodes. I did catch the ones with Jorja though. Its good that he's been busy, because that means we'll be seeing more of him soon. ;) The Hills Have Eyes II, is that a horror flick? Cause if it is then we'll get to see him running all over the place slicked in sweat and I gotta say, that's ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. I'll go to that hill myself and I don't give a crap if it the eyes shoot lasers at me. Archie'll be my hero.

When I was a tiny tot I was a fan of the original Power Rangers, I even collect the figurines and cards. Arent I such a dork? I think Lost Galaxy came out a few years after that, so by then I was less of a tot and more of a boyband nut, hence I only caught a few episodes here and there. But I do remember him, because my sister had a crush on him. She loves the asian-chiseled look he's got going on, exotic she said. And I agree. Damn, his cheekbones can cut glass. Hmm. I should stop talking now in case Archie reads this and thinks Im a deranged stalker. :lol:

I found some pics of him, thought I'd share. :)

[​IMG] / [​IMG] / [​IMG]

Whats with the French getup? :lol: I love the first one, I think he's wearing a robe. The second one: cute vamp. :devil:

6. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

I sure do. Archie's very helpful with his info - as long as he's around to give it to me! :lol: Lately that hasn't been the case. He's never hurtin' for a gig...

"Just a Touch" and "Abby Normal" - those were season...10? 11? TNT reshowed them recently. He was phenomenal in "Abby Normal".

We should be so lucky...Yes, THHEII is a horror film (Wes Craven) and basically his role is cannon fodder...not long-lived nor positioned for a tidy exit, shall we say. When I told him the original THHE was the only movie I've ever walked out on, I think he was a little stunned... :lol: Said he wouldn't hold me to going to see it, but I'm gonna anyway. I'll just close my eyes during the yucky parts (what's that, 80% of the movie?) and possibly seek some "liquid fortitude" afterward, to stave off the nightmares... :lol:

Archie's wonderful toward his fans. If you could have seen what a blithering dingbat I was first time I met him... :lol: He's a great guy, and patient even with the severely blithering.

Cute pics, thanks for sharing! I'm hoping I can get one of him in full GMU fanboy regalia...hopefully GMU's hoops team will repeat their success of last year!

7. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

Jeeze...Is it sad that I watch Power Rangers on Toon Disney every weeknight at 11/10c JUST so I can watch Archie?

I think it's kind of strange, actually. I'm not even gay for him or anything. I just think he's an awesome actor. :lol:

Plus, it doesn't hurt that I grew up on CLASSIC Power Rangers. Gotta love the PRs! :D

8. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Whether youre a straight guy or a gay girl you gotta admit that he's pretty hot. ;) Nah, I don't think watching PR just for him is sad. Blue looks good on him and he's a great (and goodlookin) actor.

Do you talk to him korbjaeger? If you do, how fortunate! I swear if I ever meet him in person (or Jorja/Louise for that matter) I don't know what Id do. Im capable of doing anything. So for his own personal safety he ought to lock me up in shackles...in his house or room preferably. :lol:

Just visited the site again, saw the commercials he appeared in. Loved the Pepsi one. He did the little dance next to the fridge. Our man can shake his booty. :D The commercials are in chinese I think. Does he speak it? I just realized that he appeared in Once and Again. I watched that a few years ago! When I saw caps of his scenes I remember bits of it. And I have the DVD, so if it's the correct season I can rewatch his scenes again. :)

Im not wild about scary movies (because I think theyre lame-o ;)), but I'll make THHE 2 an exception since he's in it. Maybe leave after his scene's over. On IMDb it says that he plays the character "Dr. Han". A DOCTOR. I hope he wears the white coat! Man, this is the start of my new obsession. Warn him will you?

He graduated from George Mason University? Cool. :) I looked it up and found this article. There's a part that says "Squealing teenage girls have had to be peeled off his limousine. Kao was even chased across the Universal Studios theme park by a group of fans."

I think I was one of those girls they peeled. :lol:

9. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Sometimes - we usually e-mail. I first met him last March. I wouldn't say I'm "jaded" about meeting celebrities, but I live in L.A. (currently), my mom worked at CBS back in the 60's, my dad was an actor (not a very successful one though) and I've met a lot of relatively well-known actors and musicians...so I guess I'm more used to it than average, but I was pretty blithery when I first met Archie...he was great, though, I wasn't nervous for long! Very down-to-earth guy.

Yes - His family is Mandarin-speaking. (Remind me to tell you a cute/funny anecdote regarding Chinese dialects, Archie, and Jerry Chan...I'm currently studying Mandarin, so...) He actually speaks bits of a quite a few languages from what I've seen. When he whipped Kazakh out on me (probably from when he filmed "Nomad"), I almost fell over...I'd mentioned my grandmom was from a small village on the Russia/Kazakhstan border and...I swear, he amazes me...

Yep, 1992 if I remember right. GMU made the Final Four last year - that was so exciting!! Great team, great coach. When they made the Sweet Sixteen it was their first time ever, and he took the time out of an extremely hectic schedule to fly back to DC and attend that game! He was so excited...

And heck, I started paying attention to him mainly after "ER", although I was a longtime "CSI" fanatic. After the "ER" eps I saw him on "CSI" again and I was like, "DUDE! It's THAT GUY!" :lol: That was when my hardcore fandom began, I think. Caught up on PR, most of the movies, etc. since. After seeing "Fast Money" my husband became a believer too...course my hubby used to study acting...he's as bad as me about the "Archie should be getting better parts/storylines/movies!" thing, ha...

10. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

He sounds like a great guy. The type who puts you at ease. :) He speaks Kazack, is that Russian? That's impressive! Id love to hear him speak Mandarin (or Kazack ;)) on CSI. I think foreign language is beautiful. Does he play Bball, or is he a fan?

When I first saw him on CSI I screamed "That's Blue Ranger!" My sister retorted "That's Archie dimwit." Meanie. :p He sounds really nice. I think its wonderful that you communicate with him. Some stars are rather stand-offish you know, but he doesn't seem like that at all. He seems grounded, no airs about him. Thanks for sharing. :)

I found some casual pics of him with some of the cast. I love the second one. He looks so relaxed there. ^^

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Youre reminded. ;)

11. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Nope. Kazakhstan is a country unto itself with a culture and people unto itself...Kazakh is an interesting language, it's hard to pin down what it sounds like, a mix of maybe Thai, Arabic...I don't know. It's its own thing, it's a cool-sounding language. I think they do use the Cyrillic (Russian) alphabet, though. I don't think he plays basketball, though his inner fanboy comes out bigtime during GMU's season, I think - last year was wild! (My husband and I are major hoops fanatics though.)

Love the cast pics - where'd you find 'em? (i.e., to whom should I grovel for permission to put them up on the site? :D )

Ah yeah, the dialect thing. After one "Fast Money" screening, I'd told Archie I was learning Mandarin and he asked me to say something in it (I'd barely gotten past "Ni hao" at that point!) and he said Jerry Chan's (FM's writer/director) family was from Hong Kong and spoke Cantonese, and he was glad I was learning Mandarin instead of Cantonese because Cantonese was "too agressive sounding". About a month later I was talking to Jerry (Archie wasn't present) and I'd mentioned that I was learning Mandarin, and Jerry starts "Well the trouble with Mandarin..." :lol: Too complex and too tonal, according to Jerry. Cute, they're both rightfully proud of their dialects. I wasn't aware the two were so different! Just thought it was cute...

12. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Oops sorry for the Kazack mistake! Im bad at geography, and countries too for that matter.

His "inner fanboy". Archie. Fanboy. Gosh! Fanboy! Im sorry, I suddenly got this mental image of him grinning so widely and acting all boyish. :D He is a boy of course but the sight of him getting all excited for Bball is just... gah! CUTE! Im not very intelligible right now am I? :lol: If only there's a pic of him wearing a jersey.

Archie thinks Cantonese is hard and Mandarin easy while Jerry thinks the opposite?.. Do they know each other? They can start a language war there. I can picture them having a friendly squabble over which dialect is harder and which is easier. :) I cant speak any other language than English and my French is extremely rusty. I know what's chocolate in French though - who doesnt? ;) Great that youre learning Mandarin, you can ask him for advice and help. I think I know whats goodbye in mandarin, but I dont know how to spell it. It sounds like "chai-chyen". I think I just slaughtered the word! Archie should speak mandarin on CSI some time. It'll make ladies swoon. I have a thing for people who speak in a foreign language.

I got the pics from Corbis.com. You can sign up an account there if you want to use the pics. If you dont sign up there'll be watermarks across the pictures. :) Im sure you can post it up on your website, you can credit them. But if you want to be safe, you can drop them an email. Id be good to share his pics with other fans. :)

Here're two more:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I love cast pics when theyre casual and not posing. He looks great there doesnt he? Pic #2: Muscle man. :D

13. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

I so need to ask him... :D

Personally they're good friends, and professionally they're both production partners and director/actor. Since "Fast Money", Archie's said he wants to do more productions with Jerry - I think they're an awesome team!

"Zai jian", which I pronounce "dzai jee-ann"...unless/until I get corrected, of course... :cool:

I agree. I think it'd be hella cool. I know a few languages (ranging from almost-fluent to just a few phrases) but am most proficient in French and German.

Thanks for the info on Corbis, I'll check them out. That cost anything? (We're on a tight budget...) I always love adding new stuff to the site...then Archie sees it or hears about it and says to me, "Where did you get that?" LOL...that first Taiwan Mobile ad I have on the Visuals page? I actually had that up before the company sent Archie his copy!

And I agree, love that second pic! ;) That smile just knocks me out anyway...

14. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Jersey! Ask him ask him. :D

I knew I butchered the word. :eek: But YAY I was close enough! I saw the phone commercials and the one where he's on the beach with a girl? I thought that was absolutely cheesy but Archie looks so cute running away from the blown-up shark the girl was whacking him with. :lol: And man, his tan is just wow.

On the show I see Archie and Nick as close buds. The BLAM scene, the Nick-trying-to-prove-to-Greg-that-Archie-is-a-bigger-tech-geek scene.. I think there are other scenes too that feature both Archie and Nick working together. Oh, which eppie was it where Archie had to get up from his seat because his butt fell asleep? When I heard him say butt (HIS butt) I blushed - no idea why. Actually, I know why. But ohh I wont say it. :lol: That was adorable. I think he was with Grissom in that scene. Id like to see him interact more with the others too. But with so many characters on the show and all vying for screentime, we can only hope to see Archie in a few scenes a few minutes every eppie. But he's not even in every eppie is he? I always notice characters who do not appear in an episode. I get miffed when Sara's not there because she's a CSI, but the lab techs deserve screentime too.

You dont have to pay a peanut to register. Great eh? :D There's only a few Archie pics there tho, you can check it out. Archie'll probably look at the pictures you post and go "Wait, where was that?". We probably know more than him. :lol:

The CBS didnt release promo pics of him at the start of Season 7 did they?

15. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

I will, next time we talk or e-mail. Been a while, as he's been hella busy lately. ::sigh:: I miss him, dang it...

If you want to see more of the tan (and the bod), do rent "Local Boys". Love the smile. Love the bod. Love the Hawaiian accent. :D

I'd like to see more of him with Greg. I think the characters have a lot more in common than has been touched on, plus a little bit of the "competitive" vibe like you saw between Nick and Warrick in seasons past.

"Time Of Your Death", Season 6. LOVED him in that ep - the impatience and fatigue with having to go over endless hours of surveillance tape... :lol: The "Well, call me Ishmael..." "Why?" exchange was classic too.

No. He was in more eps last season than in any previous, and he told me that he's "not heartbroken" about not being in every episode, if it serves the storyline. Lord knows the boy's not hurting for work! :lol: Still, I would like to see more of him on the show (and maybe, hopefully, in some better movies...). Was hoping the whole People Magazine/"Today Show" thing might lead to a little more visibility, whether on "CSI" or elsewhere. It isn't just that he's gorgeous (although he is...) but he's such a bright, energetic, interesting, sweet person, too.

True, but some of the pics are "restricted" in their availability as far as putting up on websites. I just don't want to step on any toes copyrightwise, and when I saw what they were asking for release to use one of the pics on a website...holy crap! I've got other sources for candids...I really oughta put up this cel phone photo that my husband took of him at the VC Film Festival in May...you can check it out here.

None that I'm aware of... :(