Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Reeble, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

A big name..Ive never heard of this guy either.. and I'm a hugh movie buff.. I've heard of everyone.. I swear.. I was thinking Kevin Spacey.. or someone like that..and he'll... Grissom will only be gone like for two eps. he's already filmed all of his apperances before he leaves..

[​IMG]

2. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

thankyou that was very helpful!

yeah in snakes i agree, he would have never been able to finish the sentence he started, he started responding cause it was his turn and cue and she had finished, but you could tell, he just didnt have a clue what to say, he was so shell shocked. he tried to say something, like twice, but was totally lost for words. and sara looked and you saw and realised he couldnt and she jumped straight in and said it was ok. so i agree, he was never gonna ask her out to dinner right then, i just cant believe he would have.

thats true about nesting dolls. hes covered nearly everyones butts when they've made mistakes, early in season 1, he refused to fire warrick, and then he took care of nick after he babbled to someone, and with catherine about not including she used the DNA lab to conduct dna tests to confirm who her father was. he covered for most of his csis. so i agree, he would never have fired sara. that just wasnt the kind of boss he was. he looked after them.

i dont think anything happened between them in nesting dolls though. she was emotional and vulnerable, he'd have been a major douchebag to make a move then. that isnt who he is. :)

3. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

So it was "Unbearable" that he asked Sofia out? Why did I think it was "Iced?" Oh yeah! Because she says something about missing some people in the lab...right? Anyway! I still don't know if I believe he asked her out in a date sense. And if he did, it bothers me that they didn't really follow up on that. Why show us that he's interested in her and then never mention it again?

4. Mandis

Mandis Rookie

I found this photoand came to think about the fact that Grissom and Sara are sitting together and the only ones with a red piece of clothing... I thought it was cute how the match each other. :D

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Very nice Mandis and that is cute that their sitting together :p here's another one with them and their matching clothes!!!!lord their beautiful people.....

[​IMG]

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

the Snakes scene was mirroring Invisible Evidence scene very much. in IE though, he looks a lot more confused or shocked and he literally can't say a word. in Snakes, he already has the sara-feels-for-me information processed in his mind. he is still very sheepish and all but this time he can actually say something. and it looked like he almost asked her out. but Sara by confronting him again didn't want to make him decide in that particular moment, so quickly. she remembered too good how it ended in PWF. so she came, told him AGAIN what she wants, and left the ball on his court. she knew that if they made a first step there is pretty much no way back for Grissom, therefore his decision had to be really thoughtful.

i just got an idea. what if Grissom was practicing flirting with Sofia? lol. cuz we didn't see him dating since LH, so maybe he just wanted to try it all out on someone else and see if women still like him. maybe he tried to give himself more confidence by doing that.
    i think he took her hand b/c if he did something more it would seem he only pity her and that's it. i mean, she wanted him to express his feelings willingly and not be forced by situation. and since in Bloodlines he already made the same gesture towards her (and remember that he didn't know about her feelings so straigt forwardly back then) he felt comfortable just holding her hand, cuz it was something he would do anyway even if Snakes never happened. in result Sara felt less awkward, less dependible on him and just better. in that moment she was crying mainly after what happened to her family. he seemed to understand it was not a moment for a big transition in their relationship.
    naaah, i don't think so. when he was saying this, he was still in the work mode, and he have just discovered semen in the plane's lavatory, which is pretty surprising. so to somehow show that he in fact knows something about everything he made this comment. and if you remember Turn Off the Screws he says something very similar to Sara (and Greg) about riding roller coasters.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

For those of us (aka me) who haven't watched the commentary...what does it say?

8. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

Hi people I was watching again first season and at the first epi.. grissom what kinda flirting with someone of the lab I believe so.. that was like seriously or that was just kidding? cause the woman said "what kind of present is that" something like that about he giving her a book in christmas then she said something like I would like you to pin me down and kiss me..something like that.. can anyone tell me WTH was that??
    Anyway.. anyone notice in the epi of season six.. I don't remember which but its was about a woman who was death that had an affair or something with her boss.. and cath told sara lovers and coworkers that never works.. and people did you see sara's face.. at the first time I saw it I didn't really pay much attention to that but then when I already have watched "way to go" and I knew they were together.. and I carefully saw sara's face she was like..thoughtful..like *thinking* If she only knew..

9. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

Basically, the person giving the commentary along with George Eads, I honestly don't remember whether it was a writer, director, or producer, says in so many words that "Sara is always laying "it" out there for Grissom waiting for him to take the bait and it seems like he actually does right here..." When Grissom says "Let's..." he fills in the blanks with "...go to dinner, maybe?" but when Sara stops Grissom, the guy says that it is "too late for Sara".

That came out really jumbled... hope you got it, lol.

This is mostly why people think he might have asked her out right there. Who would know better than the writers, but it's possible that he was just spitting out his own theory. Either way, that scene came off as pivotal.

I'm pretty sure that episode was Bite Me (the third of the season). I've rewatched it and to be honest, even now her expression doesn't give anything away to me, which I find surprising because that is such a good moment for a reaction. Maybe because they only show her for a split second after Catherine says that. If they had only lingered on her for a bit longer.

10. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Really?? Wow that's a first for me.

11. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

pls, what is the original butterflied quote ?
    this is new for me too

12. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

There are two people doing commentary other than George Eads. That's Richard J Lewis and Dustin Lee Abraham. I don't recognise the specific voices, so I can't put a name to them. So they'll just be down as RJL/DLA (and George Eads is GE, okay?). I'll put the commentary in bold. The rest is the actual dialogue - though I haven't included the dialogue the commentators talk over. You can read a transcription for the full episode/scene (minus the commentary, I transcribed that myself just now) here.

[INT. CSI - GRISSOM'S OFFICE - NIGHT]

GE: This was a great scene between these two
    RJL/DLA: Yeah
    GE: Their only one in the episode
    RJL/DLA: Carol Norainne I think wrote this scene

SARA: ...since the staff changes.
    (She sits down at Grissom's desk)
    SARA: I, uh ... I wanted to let you know that I said some things to Ecklie that might...

GE: There are very few characters that talk to Grissom the way that she does.

GRISSOM: ...to break up the team and...

GE: It's nice to watch.
    RJL/DLA: It is.

SARA: ...asked me if you and I had had our post-P-E-A-P counseling session.
    GRISSOM: And we didn't.

RJL/DLA: And the way he talks back to her, too.
    GE: Mmhmm. Yep.

GRISSOM: ...never have to cover for your boss. I'm sorry.
    SARA: You've always been a little more than a boss to me.
    (She gives him a small smile.)
    SARA: Why do you think I moved to Vegas? (Pause) Look, I know our relationship has been complicated. It's...

RJL/DLA: She's always putting it out there

SARA: ...It's probably definitely...

RJL/DLA: She wants him to take the bait finally, and he does. A little too late. Right here.

SARA: ...Yes.
    GRISSOM: And ... ?
    SARA: Let's just say that...sometimes...I look for validation in inappropriate places.
    (They lapse into silence.)

RJL/DLA: We've never seen Grissom at a loss for words (Laughs).
    GE: Right, but she allows him--
    RJL/DLA: But Grissom--
    GE: --to be himself.
    RJL/DLA: Yeah.
    GE: --She says "You know what? Blow it off, it's cool."
    RJL/DLA: Yeah.
    GE: Y'know?

GRISSOM: Let's, um ...

RJL/DLA: Have dinner maybe?

(Again, they lapse into silence.)
    SARA: It's okay.

RJL/DLA: It's too late for her
    DLA/RJL: And you'll notice...

SARA: ...we did our session.

DLA/RJL: ...that this is the only scene with Jorja and Billy in it. And it's an important one though.
    GE: Yeah.

(She smiles.)
    GRISSOM: Right.

GE: Allows Grissom to be Grissom and that's okay - loves him anyway, y'know.

(Sara stands up and leaves.)
    (Camera holds on Grissom.)

--------------------

That what you wanted?

IloveBilly, you'll need to cut down your sig to board regulation size (220x75 pixels) as well as choosing between either the banner or the text. You can find info on that (and the other rules) in the Shipper Central Rules thread. Thanks :)

Anyone else think they could be testing the waters with Liev Schreiber to take WP's place permanently in case he leaves (a la Charlie Sheen vs Michael J Fox in Spin City)? Yes, he's probably going to go away (or his role is going to be somewhat diminished - not clear on the details, they're just saying he'll be 'recurring') after his upcoming stint while WP's doing A Dublin Carol, but if his character tests well in the ratings, it wouldn't be a stupid move to bring him on once Grissom gives his final pre-credits-bad-pun-teaser. They'll need someone new - I don't think the show could survive with just Catherine and the boys. Just like they brought in Chris Noth and eventually had him take on a bigger role over at Criminal Intent with Vincent d'Onofrio wanting to cut back (though not as much as WP will be wanting to cut back, I imagine [though I could be wrong]). Liev Schreiber isn't SO big a name that he couldn't/it'd be unlikely for him to be signed on a full-time basis. So you never know.

13. Ashes86

Ashes86 Dead on Arrival

Jordan, I absolutely love the fanfic. I couldn't have put it better myself. I was reading it and I could actually see that happening. It was just perfect. Kudos to you!!!

14. Mandis

Mandis Rookie

Hehe! George is a real GSR shipper, isn't he?!

15. Ashes86

Ashes86 Dead on Arrival

It really sounds like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.