What is the nicest thing you have ever done for anyone?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by suave_elle, Oct 19, 2006.

1. meshellb2001

meshellb2001 Lab Technician

I have some friends that were kicked out of their 4 bedroom house, and the apartment wasn't big enough for all their stuff, so I let them put stuff in my garage, so that way they don't have to pay for a storage garage. Then their son and soon to be daughter in-law also got kicked out of their house, wanna guess where their crap is being stored at???... I'm also really bad at loaning people money when they ask, guess I'm just too NICE of a person..really need to learn the word NO..... :lol:

2. Haley_104

Haley_104 Hit and Run

My family and I buy Christmas presents for the less fortunate kids in the area.

3. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Ummmmm...(I gotta think about this)
    I think the time I stopped my friend from slitting her wrists. I mean, I hurt her (because I told someone that she was gonna do it) but in the long end I think it was the nicest thing I have ever done for anyone. She aslo (after like 2 years) said it was the nicest thing anybody had ever done for her.

4. Elbystar

Elbystar Rookie

ooh ooh ooh i just volunteered at the cancer research shop in town!

5. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I gave a ride to a WWII vet last Novemeber so he could get to his Remembrance Day service on time. It was a Saturday and the bus schedule was mixed up. He told me that about 20 cars passed him before I stopped. How can anyone pass up a chance to help somebody who helped us have a free life I don't know.

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

That is nice Jacquie. Nowadays people just don't stop for things like that and it's sad.

I gave a ride to a work colleague so she could pick her son up from nursery before it shut! She was very stressed out about it! It's not the nicest thing I've ever done, I think only other people would know that kind of thing, maybe I will ask them about my good deeds.... :)

Maybe it isn't even that nice - as I partly did it because she was annoying me with her moaning :p, maybe to be truly nice it has to be altruistic like Jacquie's.

7. Can_I_be_U

Can_I_be_U Hit and Run

I volunteered for the Terry Fox Run, the last 2 years. I got my 11 year old son to come too, and showed him about giving of his time, and not just a couple of coins in a jar,

I made friends with the new, very shy and insecure, girl and work, and gave her pep talks, before, during and after shift.

8. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

As the daughter, granddaughter and niece of military veterans, thank you so very much for taking time out of your schedule for doing that kind gesture.

I can honestly tell you, he'll never forget it. I agree with you also, it doesn't really matter what politics we believe in, it's the men and women who fought and died for our freedoms in the US and for other countries that shouldn't be forgotten.

Bless you. :)

9. goreshi

goreshi Rookie

I always smile to every patient that I handle, for I believe a smile you give to every person who is in pain will somehow feel comfort or they feel at ease when you're around.

I had one patient, which my schoolmates didn't like to handle, she was uncoherent. She had a stroke at the age of 24, with left side paralysis. They were staying in the charity ward, they have a financial problem. I know I could't give anything thing to them because we're prohibited to do so. I could only give to them is my service as a student nurse. I would always assist them whenever the wife would go to the cr (yes, she even poop at once..), eat her food, take her medicine etc. At the end of my duty in that ward, the husband said to me " you know what, you're the nicest among the interns here because you are willing to help us in anyway you can." Those words are memorable.

10. Night

Night Witness

I helped a blind lady with her shopping cart not so long ago... one of the wheels wasn't going in the right direction and she only knew that the cart wasn't moving so I helped her and left my own standing on the street. When I turned around to look for it it was gone and the 1 € that was in it, too... -.-