"Dog Eat Dog" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

My late father used to say "there's no disputing taste." What one person might think is wonderful, someone else might find yucky.

I've tasted Vegan food and too me, I agree with Warrick--Low salt, low sugar, low taste. However, I know a lot of folks who love it. The deal is your brains and taste buds are wired differently than mine or Warrick's, and those of us who DO NOT LIKE VEGAN FOOD have a right to say it tastes yucky while those of us who do like it have a right to disagree.

Quit making everything about being offended already. The reason why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors of ice cream is because not everybody likes Vanilla. Quit being too damned sensitve.

2. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

Everybody doesn't need to like the same things - you're talking about a 20 second scene in one tv show. It's not as though they're doing a show called "I hate vegans". If I got overtly offended at the times tv has made derogatory comments about my faith, I'd spend all my time writing irate letters or picketing tv studios. Doc Robbins obviously likes the vegan pie - Warrick's not allowed to NOT like it? No one made a derrogatory comment about vegans after all, he just didn't like the pie...

3. LaCacahuete

LaCacahuete Police Officer

Guys, it's just a pie. I don't think we need to get upset over it. :)

4. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

Lol, some people seem to be more offended by my being, as I said, slightly offended, than I was offended by the show. Excuse me for making a few comments over something I noticed about the episode in the episode discussion thread. There's no reason to get upset about it.

BTW, Hankster, vegan food isn't low salt, low sugar, although it can be. It's food that contains no animal products. I think what you are thinking of is diet food, of which, I do not partake. ;)

5. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

*hands ford a vegan friendly cookie*

You have the right to say if you were offended or not, since it happened in the ep and this is the ep discussion thread....
    And with so many people voicing their opinions on certain things from the ep - cough Nick's 'stache cough - I think it's only fair for others to comment on other things that have bothered them about the ep.

Now, I haven't tried vegan food before - only b/c Ive never come across it not b/c I don't want to. I have noticed that some people criticize vegan food as being bad or tasteless - not saying anyone here, just my experience.

ETA: I just re-read some prev posts to find out where the 'vegan pie' thing started. The pie in the episode was not vegan - the idea that it was vegan came from someone's post who thought since the pie had no salt, sugar, etc, that it was a vegan dish.

6. dittohead

dittohead CSI Level One

on the matter of vegans/vegetarians, i respect them...for some reason
    too lazy of a onvert, myself :D

7. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

Thanks allstar! Mmm cookies! :D I'm pretty sure though, that Doc Robbins said the pie was vegan, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it. It's been on my mind a lot lately, as things tend to be when you're trying to change you're lifestyle, so that's why I really picked up on it. I'll check the episode again though. ETA: I checked it, and he did say that it was vegan. :p

dittohead, you know, I used to think that I didn't have the willpower to go veggie, becuase I love chicken, but I started reading about factory farming and was so disgusted and appalled that I found I could no longer eat meat and still feel good about myself. The health and environmental benefits are a plus as well.

I'm sorry for going way off topic. I won't say anything more on the subject. :)

8. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

fp: For those of use who enjoy being omnivores, myself included, I will partake of anything that tastes good, whether it's got animal products in it or not. As much as people gripe about animal products, there's nothing better than natural cut french-fries that are cooked in LARD, served with CHEESE CURDS and GRAVY. That stuff has taste.

I have eaten true Vegan food (not "diet"food) and it didn't have the taste, texture or flavour that I prefer in those that might include animal products. Plus, human beings have the right kind of teeth and digestive enzymes to eat meat and animal products. I'm not questioning your right to choose what you want to eat, but people who don't like what you enjoy have a right to say so. That was the point of my argument.

It's like this crap over Happy Holidays versus Merry Christmas. I'm not going to bite the head off of someone who wishes me "Happy Holidays", but I am damned well going to say "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Hannaukah" and not going to put up with some anal-retentive PC hack biting my head off for doing so either!

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

REPEATING Oct. 26, 2006
    For more info See page one, post one.

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I thought Grissom was a little mean to Greg about the hot dogs. But then maybe Greg learned a valueble lesson -Do not spend your own money unless it is pre-approved!!

The scene above was nice, I love the interaction between the two of them. WP & ES play off each other so well.

I didn't really like this episode much, it was boring and unintresting (IMHO).

11. Toots

Toots Pathologist

The highlight of this episode was when Greg said something to Grissom about "we have a weiner!" I wish I could remember exactly how he said it, but it was a hoot!

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This was one ot the grossest ep. ever.. I watched it Thaksgiving night with my two grandchildren.. after TG dinner.. and we all were like going YUCK.. never watched it again.. and probably won't..I kinda of remember Brass's hiliarious comments..not a fav :(

13. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I love this one! my fave season 6 ep...

14. MrsGregHSanders

MrsGregHSanders Police Officer

I think that was what CSI was going for, a total gross out right after Thanksgiving dinner. :p

15. FireIvyGoddess

FireIvyGoddess Victim

I really liked this episode, even though the eating contest scenes made me feel a little sick. I really have to give CSI kudos for using Prader-Willi Syndrome in the "A" case as it's a horrible condition that doesn't really get a lot of exposure. My nine year old cousin suffers from it and while she's never needed to be restrained, her family does need to keep the pantry and the refridgerator locked at all times. Unfortunately, this is also a syndrome that gets worse with age and has no real treatment. It was really sad to see that Jerry's sister had no one else to turn to and that her jerk of a boyfriend would exploit Jerry like that.