Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Reeble, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dharma

Dharma Dead on Arrival

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

Wow, Alyssa! That was one helluva well thought out scenerio! If nothing else, great fanfic, but that was well on par with good TV writing, if I may weigh in with my opinion.

2. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

The wonderful forensicsgirl put together what we called 'The GoScaRs'. In that, us shippers voted for the best GSR moments across "all time" (heh. sounds a bit epic, really) in different categories (most angsty scene, for example). It's like the Academy Awards, but for GSR (Oscars + GSR = GoScaRs). You can find the results here. And there's also the GSR Top 20 (check out the 2006 ones, though - they're obviously the most up-to-date) which she put together, too, and that's definitely worth a look. Those should help you find what you need. Happy watching!

The pregnancy idea came from a few things:
    1) The parallels between Father Frank & the nun's relationship in Double Cross and Grissom & Sara's relationship
    2) Grissom & Sara's reaction to the news the nun was pregnant (hinted at something more between them)
    3) Sara wearing a mask while spraying luminol (noone ever really does that, so it seemed a little over cautious in regards to not breathing in the chemicals - it kind of felt like when a pregnant woman turns down an alcoholic drink)

We all have different views on this idea, and it'd be great to hear yours :)

A spoiler is any piece of information you have heard (from whatever source) about what is going to happen in upcoming episodes. You need to make sure you put that in a spoiler box, as well as any of your own speculation in regards to that spoiler. Speculation in regards to stuff that has already aired or stuff you have just made up in your head is fine to go outside of spoiler boxes, just so long as it doesn't incorporate any spoiler info at all.

Does that make sense? If in doubt, I'd say it's best to use a spoiler box, then one of us oldschoolers will be able to continue the discussion in the right place (whether it be inside boxes or not).

And, spoiler code: (sorry, dead horse, for beating you)

<spoiler=topic>Spoiler in here (just don't do any paragraph breaks [press enter] or the code won't work)</spoiler>

And replace < > tags with [ ] tags. And make sure the topic line doesn't give any of the spoiler away (eg. if the spoiler is about Grissom and Sara playing mini-golf, do not make the topic line 'mini-golf'. It's best to make it something vague like 'upcoming episode' or whatever).

Thanks for joining us, sunnydee. I look forward to reading your posts :)

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yup, i'm so happy we've got a bunch of new people here, that's awesome. and all the lurkers, don't be afraid to just register and post your thoughts, we don't bite and we'll be all more than pleased to welcome you ;)
    wasn't it the murdered girl pregnant not the nun?

well i actually think that Double Cross mirrored Butterlied in a lot of aspects. it just wasn't that obvious. i mean, the whole ethics of this decision is so similar.

1) Father Frank's job unabled him to be with someone he wanted to be with.
    2) After a long time, and a lot of thought put into it he finally decided to first risk his job, he slept with her.
    3) He went all the way with it and wrote a letter to the bishop so he could stop being a priest and he chose her.

Although Grissom doesn't have to quit his job b/c the relationship with Sara itself isn't unethical, he understands how thin the line is also in his case. I think he can appreciate his situation more now, b/c he is able to manage to be with Sara, live ethically and still have his beloved job. He realizes that sometimes, people live in much weirder, more complicated and harder relationships, and even though his own situation is questionable, or just tough, he is lucky enough to reconcile everything. i believe this storyline, strengthened Grissom and Sara's relationship very much. I believe also, that it was a great confirmation for Grissom that he made a good decision, despite the risks shown by the Butterflied scenario. I think this episode closed some kind of doubt that Grissom could've still had deeply buried in his mind.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Interesting, Alyssa. Though I wouldn't want to see him leave if it could be helped. *put this in spoiler tags just in case since the previous stuff was* And what's SOS? Do you mean SOL? I can't find an SOS ep :(

5. theatresporter

Mel, SoS = Sounds of Silence.

Adz, sorry re: the murdered girl vs the nun. I missed the ep so I thought I heard the murdered girl was a nun. Seems I got my wires crossed. Or, double crossed, as it were.

6. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

*blush* Thanks. That's my dream job, actually. :) For now, I work two jobs that I like, but don't love. But, breaking into the writing business is almost impossible. *sigh* But, really, thanks. :)

I wouldn't want to SEE Sara pregnant, honestly, but I could see it being mentioned someday, especially if WP does leave after season 7, but guests in season 8, or something. I could see the mention of Sara being busy with the baby, which would be squeeliscious, and we wouldn't have to see it. LOL. I don't want to see her going through anything pregnancy-wise, but I don't hate the idea of hearing about it somehow.

Well, in my idea, Sara and Gris would be communicating via their beautiful eyes. She would notice that he had his gun (because, c'mon, she knows a new bulge when she sees it), and would know to get out of the way. See, the only reason I don't really see Sara fighting back too much and being so weak would be because of the amount of blood she lost, and the fact that she's still in quite a bit of pain, at this point... hence the helplessness. :)

7. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

<Grissom's phone rings>
    Grissom: <picks up> Grissom... Oh, hey. Mm hmm...
    Catherine: <blink blink>
    Grissom: Yeah... I know, hun, I'm sorry... I'll be home in a little bit, okay?... uh huh... uh huh... no, chocolate syrup sounds fine. It's easier to clean up, if you get my drift...
    Catherine: :eek:
    Grissom: Okay, hun... I love you too. Bye.
    Catherine: Was that a relative?
    Grissom: Ew! No! My girlfriend. Got to go.
    Catherine: Oh. <returns to scene> <pause> Wait, WHAT?!

Okay, you guys know what I think? I think...
    I think they should have somebody find out like, halfway through the season, and this somebody (possibly Hodges) tells Ecklie. So then Ecklie confronts Grissom and Sara, and they have a discussion (this would be how we figure out the GSR timeline fo sho). Then Ecklie is about to go to Power Trip City on the express train, only Grissom's like, "You know, if you have a problem with my being supervisor and all? I'm sure Catherine would be willing to take over." So then the next day, the Young Turks walk into the breakroom where he's having coffee and go, "Hey, are we getting cases or what?" and he goes, "You'll have to ask your boss for that information, actually..." and they're like WTF? :lol: Just a thought.
    And they are not letting Grissom leave. I refuse to believe it.

8. theatresporter

DIRTY! Cripes, woman, what happened to you being the prudish Jewish aunt?! lol. Aaaaaaanyway, in regards to the rest of what you said, yay for eye communication! Their eyes are used to gettin' busy with each other, they must have built up quite a rapport ;) But I see where you're coming from, and I think (and Fogi thinks) you should write it into a fic.

9. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

haha oh wouldnt that be awesome if he had a phone call like that Crysthala. too cute. id love to hear them say they loved each other, i think i would faint right on the spot.

i agree with what you said in the spoiler box too, i think that would work well. and id love to see a convo like that.

and youre banner is flustrating me, lol, i tried reading it but its so fast its hurting my eyes! :)

10. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

AL!!! :eek: Dirty! The Prudish Jewish Aunt has been replaced by a Raunchy Mama! I'm in shock! So shocked that my computer died and had to be brought back to life. And shocked enough to come back here and post. Eee-gads!

by the by, I totally think your speculation should be turned into a fic. Tis awesome. And so are you, by the way... :)

I did have something to weigh-in about the whole "pregnancy" speculation, but, well, TS kinda-sorta already mentioned my opinion on the matter *glares at the Tom* :p JK sweetie.

So, yeah, I think that, while there are a few meta-references thrown in here and there (the significant looks shared between Sara and the Bugman when she mentioned the dead woman being pregnant, the parallels between Griss and Father Whats-his-name) I don't think they're necessarily leading up to a big geek-pregnancy reveal. A pregnancy-storyline would have been an interesting addition to the plot if (as TS mentioned on my behalf a while back) TPTB wanted to explore the effects of being a mother and doing this job, working the hours, the sacrifices that have to be made, etc, etc. But Catherine already fulfils that role. To have Sara go through the same thing (albeit from an earlier stage than we saw Catherine go through) would be a bit redundant.

That being the case, I don't see what a geek pregnancy storyline would add to the plot of the show unless, as some have already suggested, it was a way to write the characters out of the show (*whimpers at the very thought of S & G leaving :( *)

I'd have something more to add, were it not for a Kiwi distracting me... Yeah, I said it. You know who you are :p

By the way, *huggles* to the gutter gang. Good to see Grissly and Turtle back :)

11. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

You guys have the STRANGEST way of twisting my words to make them something dirty!

I mean, like, my fiance keeps his wallet in his right pocket. But, if something is in his left pocket, besides his keys, it's unusual. GAH! You dirty, dirty girls!

I am still the prude! You guys just have dirty minds.

And YAY! The family's here again! Fogi, Turtle, Grissly, TS, Sarah, Ziggy and all the wonderful other people in this gutter family! *happy squee*

I really don't want to see a pregnancy storyline if it involves people commenting on her weight, strange eating habits, etc. I'd just like to know, in passing, if Ms. Fox and Mr. Petersen leave at the end of this season. Of course, we don't know for sure, but I think it could work. I'm not saying I have to hear about Geek!Baby to be satisfied with this ship, or anything. I mean, I'm already freaked out by how much Geek Love we've gotten so far this season! It's delicious!

Oh, and my mother, whom I ate lunch with today, who is not huge on GSR, but prefers it over other ships, said she does not think any of the shippiness this season is overpowering. Even my noromo father agrees. And, my fiance is having fun watching me be freakin' goofy over it. :)

As for writing a fic based on my idea... I could try, but really, CSI fic has never been in the cards for me. I mean, if I wrote something, I'd probably want to write it script-style to help me stay true to the dialogue and characters. For some reason, I could bend and twist Alias and Voyager characters as much as I wanted, but keep them within their characterizations. Grissom and Sara have more rigid characters, in that regard, at least for me. So, I'd want to stay true to them, to their dialogue and speech patterns. I excel at dialogue (though, I don't trust myself with CSI voices, hence why I haven't attempted writing an episode [for fun] up to this point. Maybe I take it too seriously...). Scenarios come fairly easily to me, as does dialogue, but I'm a screenwriter at heart, not a novel or short story writer. :) But, thanks for all the encouragement, guys. I appreciate it.

12. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

fogi! welcome back! great to see you :)

about the whole pregnancy issue, i really doubt TPTB will go that way. i think they might've added those couple hints just to test the waters, cuz they know that we'll catch it. or it was just unintentional *shrugs*

either way, naah, i don't think they'd do that.

Crys, you're hilarous. but you already know that. your scenario kinda made me think, that a telephone reveal would be pretty interesting to see. for example i can see something like this happening:

- Grissom is talking on the phone in the break - room with Sara. he thinks he's alone so he allows himself to say bye to her in a dear/honey kinda way.
    - Catherine walks into the break - room, overhearing the last thing Grissom's said. she's shocked but she doesn't show it, so Grissom assumes she didn't hear anything.
    - He receives a page from a lab tech and goes to check out the results leaving the phone on a table.
    - Catherine quickly checks his last calls.

And she would do that. she WOULD.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Where did this pregnancy gossip come from ? I don't think so...that would be so off the wall..and over the top.. they just let them out of the "romantic closet" .. not that I'd mind.. but we haven't even seen them "kiss" yet..one thing at a time

Some pics of days gone by ;)

[​IMG] Awww..the "blanket" scene

[​IMG] "Burden of Proof"

[​IMG] "Anatomy Of A Lye" Grissom... "You sure know how to light up a room"

14. Mandis

Mandis Rookie

I was just thinking about something and didn't kno if it had been disgused here or not. (Please note that I have yet to see Way to go tomorrow night! :D - I'm happy about that btw!)
    Who do you think will find out first about Grissom and Sara of their colleages?

15. theatresporter

:D Fogi's home! *huggles Fogs* We've missed you, hon. Even if you do tease me mercilessly :p (actually, that could be part of the reason the others have missed you...*weeps*)

Don't forget Reeble! I know boy names can be hard to remember ;) But I join you in your happy squee. *HAPPY SQUEEEEEE FOR OUR FAMILY!*

Ahahah, it's true. And it's not a bad thing, it's just part of the kinda person Catherine is, and she's great (except for in season 5. ahem). I'd love to see that scenario play out, though, Adz - but only after Brass knew about them, because...
    I'm betting on Brass. And/or Doc Robbins. But I think Brass'd be the first to be vocal about it, whereas I can imagine Al knowing all along and just staying quiet until it's mentioned. He's great like that. I can just imagine the hilarious BrassCat conversation after Cath finds out, discovering she wasn't the first to know. "But..but..MY WOMAN'S INTUITION!" - hee.

Oh, and desert, the pregnancy gossip just came from observations through watching Double Cross. If you read back a bit, you'll see why :) Those are great pics, btw. Yay for Burden of Proof!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.