Danny / Flack #4 - I've Got Your Back

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by screamingpoet, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Hmm... that archive seems to be missing Kimmy :(

I really enjoy reading the fanfic on these two, since it's such excellent escapist literature. Fay, I know I already told you that I read everything, and it's true. If I didn't already have someplace to go tomorrow night, I'd park my butt in front of my computer and have at these.

Anyways, back to the matter at hand: the boys. I do fast forward through those crappy episodes that have great D/F interaction. Those two work so well together on screen, whether there are combustible undertones or not, that they are totally worth watching every moment. I wonder how Flack would react to Danny's prozac appearance these days? If I didn't know better, I'd think that the writers were using Atop the Broken Universal Clock as inspiration for Danny this season - but not getting the nuances quite right. What do you guys think?

BTW, ATBUC is a fanfic for those not in the know ;)

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

That archive might be missing Kimmy, but mine certainly won't be. :devil: Can't have D/F fanfic without such classics as "Nine Months" and "To DD or Not to DD." :lol:

Two episodes that I watch purely for the D/F are "Necrophilia Americana," as I've already mentioned, and also "Blood, Sweat and Tears" from season 1. I just didn't love the storyline with the contortionist, although I adored Hawkes' enthusiasm. :p So I just fast-forward through that storyline just to see Flack staring and to hear the 'pastrami on rye' line, which, of course, was inspiration for that cracky drabble I wrote over on BC with the sleeptalking. :lol:

If Flack was in the scene when Danny appeared drugged this season, he'd probably have an eyebrow raised or be concerned for his Kpoo. :lol: I can definitely see where you'd compare Danny to Kimmy's version of him in "AtBUC," but he really only seems like that in certain scenes or, if I'm viewing it correctly, with certain people.

3. Lost2MuchSpeed

Lost2MuchSpeed Pathologist

Ahh Halloween is coming my pretties.

And I was wondering, just for larks, what you think Danny & Flack would dress up as for it. I mean obviously they're a tad old for it now, but this is just for fun! :lol:

ME? I think we'll stick Danny in the feminine role as usual heh heh - he can be Sally (Nightmare before Christmas) and of Coure Flack will be Jack as he's rather tall and lanky.

ANd do you know i just realised the names are quite fitting! Jack - Flack. Sally - Danny. ok. so not much... ;)

4. afrikana

afrikana Pathologist

^:lol: i love your location. :p

anyways, i really disagree with how Danny is always the girl in the relationship. most things that go wrong happen to him, and that gets old quite fast. what we really need on the show is a moment when flack is looking to danny for help and where danny is actually there to help. *coughCoTPcough* Yes, flack is overprotective but danny needs to get a chance to be the "rock" in the relationship.

see? i think he is as much of a guy as Flack is, maybe just more emotional. that, however, doesn't make him more feminine. I could see him dressing up as some random sci-fi character, though. :lol: i don't know why but he strikes me as the kinda guy who would show up like frankenstein or something out of star wars. :lol: :p

flack would dress up as... a detective! big surprise, huh? :lol: i don't really see him as the type who'd be bothered to dress up for halloween.

5. Talcat

Talcat Victim

I know what I’d like to see!

Flack dressed in an old fashioned British Navy uniform (like they have on Hornblower and PotC) Danny could be the pirate captain who carries him off as “booty”, very fancy costumes I know BUT perhaps it’s a charity costume thing?

:devil: :p :D

6. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

They'd be Chipendales... for each other.

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I agree with L2MS and I love the question. I see Danny as the "girl" too. I agree with afrikana that he is just as much of a man as Flack but it's probably because in all of fanfic land, Flack is always in charge. I think it suits them fine. So, in honor of that, I must share my idea of their halloween costumes.

I see Danny dressing up in a cheerleader costume complete with ponytail wig, pompoms, and the little skirt that shows off that fine ass. Flack, of course, will be dressed up as a football player (quarterback, of course) complete with helmet and shoulder pads. He'll be so infatuated at staring at Danny's ass that he will have a hard time concealing certain aspects of himself. :rolleyes:

After all, doesn't the quarterback always date the head cheerleader? :confused: I watched Man of The House yesterday with Tommy Lee Jones. Vanessa Ferlito (Aiden) played a cheerleader in that movie. You can blame it for the thought.

Radical, if they dress up as Chippendales for each other, what's the chances they'd ever make it out their apartment? :p

Wait a minute. I just had another thought...Flack dressed as a construction worker carrying a jackhammer and Danny dressed up as a poodle (a kinky poodle). :devil:

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Love the idea of the jackhammer and kinkapoodle costumes! :lol: :D

I think Danny is definitely the one who is more emotional in the relationship (if we want to get away from girl/guy labels) and I think Flack is more the stoic, strong one. It's just the way they are. Flack is obviously the one in pursuit, and Danny is the one who plays coy and lets Flack chase him. But we all know Danny gives it up at night. ;)

I'd like to see Danny being supportive of Flack, too, but let's face it--Flack's just better adjusted all around. He doesn't need as much emotional support as Danny does, but Danny is pretty intuitive, and I'm guessing he can read it when Flack needs him to be there (I'm putting aside CotP for the moment).

I love how Flack is almost chivalrous where Danny is concerned. Stella can walk into a room with her gun raised ahead of Flack, but no way will Flack let Danny go first. Flack was off like a lightning bolt in "On the Job," pushing the cop away from Danny before he even really got near him. And Flack is always the one who drives them. It's really rather adorable, how well he treats his Danny. :D

9. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I think it's possibly because Flack is taller that we see Danny as 'the girl' in the relationship. I mean, I couldn't imagine Danny picking Flack up in his arms and carrying him up the stairs <g> but I could see Flack doing it!

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Oh, make no mistake, Danny may be shorter, he may be the one with the short fuse and he may be the one with actual fashion that doesn't cross your eyes ... but he's undoubtedly the top. ;) Just because he's the one who gets carried across the threshold doesn't mean he ain't the one shouting all the orders and having his every wish seen to. :lol: And as we all know, Flack would never deny Danny anything.

Although, I have the funniest feeling Flack's the one who's gonna be squeezed into that kinkapoodle suit. :p

11. Faylinn

I think the 'girl/guy' thing is just an easy way to try to explain it, because let's face it, men aren't always the 'strong, protective' ones for the 'weak, needy' women. Stereotypes aren't good either way. :lol: I'm not saying that's what y'all are saying, but that kind of seems to be a common stereotype. I mean, if Danny is considered the 'girl' because he's emotional and a bit less stable, then the stereotype is still misleading either way. :lol: Not sure if that made a damn bit of sense, but...

For me, I see it as Flack is the guy who is comfortable with himself, knows who he is and what he wants, and because of this he's able to devote a certain part of himself to Danny, whether it be as a friend or more than that. ;) Danny, on the other hand, still has some internal conflicts to deal with, still has to figure out who he is and where he stands. Even though Louie sort of abandoned him a long time ago, you get the feeling from his relationship with Flack that he always has someone to protect him, someone that he can turn to and lean on. Maybe that person doesn't always stick around, all the more reason for him to doubt that he's meant for (or worthy of) long-term commitments--and explaining why he doesn't do well with the trust and responsibility that these commitments entail.

Danny really needs to prove to Don that the relationship isn't one-sided, and if anything showed that it was the events in "CoTP." If Danny doesn't realize, after Don nearly died, that he needs to reciprocate the feelings and the devotion (friendship and romantic in our case ;)), then Don is being neglected unfairly. I see Don as someone who knows that Danny isn't necessarily going to appreciate everything that he does for him, but I also don't see Don looking at it that way, because he isn't Danny's friend for his own benefit. He's there for Danny because Danny needs him there, and I think on some level, he knows that the patience, persistence, and devotion will eventually have an effect on Danny. In the meantime, he might feel a bit used, though. :(

I'm writing two stories that have Flack reacting to Danny asking Lindsay out. One goes with the drabble that I posted on BC a few days ago, where Don finds out (in "Hung Out to Dry" basically) that Danny asked Lindsay out from a third-party. When I started to write the missing scene (aka, the smex :p), it sort of morphed into something very different. So I wrote that story out and then went back and started over for the missing scene from the drabble. So both stories are going to have similar aspects (locker room, handcuffs, spanking perhaps :devil:), but with different feelings and outcomes. It basically boils down to Don's attitude. In one, he's reacting solely to Danny asking Lindsay out, in the other he's reacting to Danny being a shitty friend in addition to that. The shitty-friend one is total angst, but the other one has some smutty goodness. ;) I'll hopefully have the missing scene up and posted with the original drabble on LJ tomorrow. :)

About Halloween, I'm really interested to read your story, Rhonda. :lol: I can totally see them in coordinating outfits and getting drunk and making out (or more :p). :lol:

Edit: By the way, I went story-posting crazy and got some BC drabbles up on my LJ and ff.net, as well as the smutty section for that drabble where Flack slams Danny against the wall in the locker room (with all kinds of warnings attached, let me tell you :lol:). And, even though it's not D/F, I also got the Danny/Adam story up. ;) (Well, it's kind of D/F since one of the sequels will have our favorite boys together. ;))

12. Faylinn

Wow, I must be the uber-thread killer. No posts since Monday?! :eek:

Well, Danny was barely in this week's episode, but Flackie had some good scenes. :D And there were also a few chances for some Danny/Flack screencaps (finally!), so yay! :lol:

I'm not sure what to say about D/F since I was the last one to post in here and I said a f***ing lot in that post...

Ugh, I just got a fanfic idea. :rolleyes: How did that happen? Seriously? I'm sitting here thinking of something to say and it just popped in my head. Guess I'll go do that instead. :lol:

13. rollinsgirl

rollinsgirl Victim

hey, i don' know how many of you read the spoiler forum, but in the next Shane episode, which is number twelve or thirteen or something, there's this kinda talk...
    danny buts heads with some cops and their captain and the captain bitches about danny's past, about him being a tech with a felon past, and says someone should "beat some sense into him". flack defends him (and mac, but we'll downplay that for shipping purposes) gotta love the On the Job-esque protective!flack.

14. afrikana

afrikana Pathologist

^ she lives! :lol: :D
    that sounds like it's gonna be a good episode. i hope danny is back to the real histrionic danny. but like i said earlier, we need an episode where danny reciprocates because flack is giving so much and the relationship, if it continues this way, will end up being one sided.

but anyways, i cannot wait for that episode now. *is impatient*

fay, your super long posts are intimidating. :lol:

15. Faylinn

Me? Intimidating? Surely you jest! ;)

Seriously, I'm not saying everybody has to leave a big-ass response when I make a post like that, but surely there had to be something interesting in there worth commenting on! :lol: *feels so alone* :p

That episode definitely sounds awesome, rollinsgirl. I'm looking forward to seeing that scene play out. :D :D :D

I haven't seen screencaps for "Open and Shut" yet, and I want to get one of Danny and Flack in that scene together, so if somebody knows where to find them, hook a girl up. :lol: (Hopefully csi-caps will get this episode capped soon. ;))

Totally random and off-topic point, but I just found this funny: I was looking at the caps for "Oedipus Hex," and the cap of Nixon Suicide touching Danny's nose had a lot more views than the Danny/Lindsay caps from the beginning of the episode. :lol: It would have been even better if Flack had come out and glared and we got some jealous!Flack caps too. :lol: (But seriously, Danny, Flack wouldn't hate on you for going out with her. Hell, he might even ask to join you! :lol: What a wasted opportunity. :p)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.