Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Reeble, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

I'm not sure my last few posts were even conherent. But whatever.

You know why I love the 'dear' scene so much? Because it was so easy to miss. which is the main reason that I picked the first option. It wasn't so much the word as fact that I actually asked my TV "Did I just hear that?" before deciding a second later that I hadn't - because Sara didn't react. Only to change my mind in the next moment because my little 'shipper heart was saying he did. And so commenced the giggle fit.

But seriously though - it wasn't awkward (as the word itself is to spell...) for either one of them. It wasn't awkward or strange for the viewers - half of them probably missed it.

It sounded normal. As in:

Sara: "You want breakfast?"
    Grissom: "No thanks dear."

While she's standing in the kitchen with her glass of orange juice and he's sitting at the table reading the paper with his glasses slipping down his nose. And she realizes that perhaps the man needs food to survive because he's not a woman and doesn't consider a glass of juice to be proper sustenance. And he's thinking that she needn't go out of her way because he's perfectly satisfied just watching her, unnoticed over the top of his paper, standing in the kitchen barefoot drinking juice.

One of these days I'm going to get all uber serious and ya'll ain't gonna know what to do with me.

I rewatched it again last night with two of my sisters, and even with me (a good four minutes before) saying "Ok now - listen." Neither one of them heard it. When it went to commerical it was like -

Me: "See? How cute was that!"
    Her: "How cute was what?"
    :rewind:
    Me: "THAT!"
    Her: "Did WP lose weight?"
    :rewind:
    Me: "Listen."
    Her:"Hey! He called her dear!"
    Me: "Yeah..." :facepalm:

As for the "Are you trying to impress me." (Sorry don't know the whole speel yet) conversation - it's was flirty and it was cute and important in the aspect that Sara actually said something instead of just pursing her gorgeous lips and turning away.

Because he was you know. Trying to impress her. :p

And while I'm here - I was thinking - now this might just be me hoping that Mama G isn't gone - and I'm not Catholic so bear with me. But I had a friend is high school that was (ok so I had a LOT of friends is HS that were...are?) and when she was confirmed, her mother passed down the family Rosary to her. And in turn, she's expected to pass it down to her firstborn when he/she gets confirmed.

Granted I have another friend who got a brand spankin' new one because their family believed that once it was your's it was YOUR connection to God and could belong to nobody else. Or something to that effect.

So who knows?

And even though I'm still not quite sure that I 100% like Sofia - the canary can never be to weary of the cat - It might not be a bad thing if she and Sara were friends. I can't see it ever being as friendly as I consider friendly (gossiping in the breakroom, after work phone calls... you know, all that jazz) but enough whereas maybe my brain will stop seeing Sofia as a CSI outsider. :shrug:

I mean as far as acting goes - J and L play off each other pretty well. The scenes that they have together are watch worthy anyway. I remember a time when Sofia would start talking and I would, well, cease to listen. Uh oh... maybe I'm starting to *gulp* LIKE Sofia?

:silence: :crickets chirping:

Ok, with that out of the way, let me talk about the "Baby" scene with Hank the Skank. Not that I really WANT to relive that again...but... bleh.

When she said it, I cringed. Like visibly cringed. Not because it was Hank. Had she said 'baby' to Grissom in that tone I would have cringed. It sounded foreign on her tongue - which terms of endearment never should. Especially if you want us to believe it was a slip of the tongue. I've never plotted around in my head - "hmmm. Should I try honey? or baby? or maybe sugarpants?" before using a term (not that I use them a lot... poor single me.) but when it slips - it slips. But when it does slip, it doesn't come out sounding like you had overthought it and finally just SAID because you wanted to get it out of the way or something. But maybe that's just me.

Sara pregnant. TS, WHY did you put that horrid thought in my head. My sisters didn't hear 'dear' but they noticed the mask and the hardcore staring. As entertaining as it would be if this were, oh, ANY other show - I always enjoy a good baby plot line - but still. :shudder:

No babies. Please, no babies.

But did you notice how quick she removed that mask when Catherine walked over? And not just pushed it out of the way like most people do when they are going to restart whatever it was that they were doing to cause them to need the mask in the first place... ie. Spraying hazordous chemicals. It was up and off and thrown to the side. *sigh*

"Mask? What mask?"
    "Sara, I just saw..."
    "No, you're hallucenating."
    "Is there some you want to tell me?"
    "Uh... Blood. I found blood smears, but they've been wiped down."

We were thinking about starting a little fansite of our own just for you. Where we can properly worship all that is TS. Make sure to leave your curtians open next Thursday - with no new CSI - we're planning a group peeping session. Don't let us down ok?

And welcome Ashes86! Come, sit, join the party!

And this concludes my post - you may now return to your regularily scheduled programming.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Sara Pergnant i just cant bear the thought Having a baby in CSI i reackon would just wreck it not only cuz dhe woud have to spend less time with grissom but she would have to take time off work.

I haven't seen any of the new eps cuz i live in NZ where S7 hasn't come out yet but i can imagine the hardout staring between Sara and Grissom

But anyway after Grissom said no,dear did you guys notice a Tiny little pause then sara talked to him im not sure but it could've just been me.

3. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

also the thing with the cringe-worthy 'baby' scene was that i think it showed the deepness of the relationship too, or rather lack therefore of.

can you imagine Sara saying 'its ok baby' to Grissom, the way she said it, like she was defending him, it felt by 'mother like', like he was getting told off and she was sticking up for him, it felt very unromantic to me-especially given her mortified reaction and his-same when she bangaged him up, it felt very motherly, but i think she did start to really like him nearer the end just before she found out she was the 'other woman', but i never got the feeling she saw him as her equal or anymore than fun. i mean her reaction when she found out he had a girlfriend-you could tell she was hurt, but she'd been dating him for a while right. im sure i read it worked out at around a year, even if it wasnt that long, it was still a substantial length of time-and her reaction-she was calm in front of him, and i just think-if that had been grissom-and she'd found out she was the other woman (but that will never happen) or they'd just split-she would have been distraught-unable to hide her feelings-she was very composed with the hank situation.

and for Sara-she was kinda, the more intelligent, higher earner, bigger achiever out of her and hank-she was the 'caretaker' of the two. but with Grissom its the other way around-hes the boss, and hes looking after her, but its equal, their both smart, their both interested in each other and respectful of each other, it feels an equal partnership. the positions are reversed from her last relationship-its something she wanted for a long time (grissom)-unlike with hank-something she took up to get a life after feeling her life was an empty shell. i think Sara really does want to be taken care of, she wants a respectful guy, she wants someone she finds intellectually stimulating, someone on her wave length, someone she admires and respects, someone she can have real, deep conversations with, someone who'll always be there, someone she has stuff in common with, someone shes attracted to..and with grissom, he ticks all those boxes. :D

aww Turtlebaby -i can totally imagine that, at home, her asking if he wants something, and him been 'no thanks dear'

i love that they used 'dear' also, because its such a respectful term. and its fitting considering grissoms age, and personality-that he'd call her respectful names, such as honey, and dear, over baby, and sweetheart. and when shes with him, even working, you can totally see the huge respect they have for each other, and i think thats so important-i think they totally see each other as equals, its just so cute...

and i dont think saras pregnant, but when and if Jorja leaves the show, i think id like that to be the reason, and she and grissom to leave together

oh and i voted #1. i wanted some kinda affection, be it verbal or physical from grissom towards sara and i got it-and sara was flirty and cute with him-it was a great ep for GSR. im very happy :)

4. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I wuv Geek Love. I sorta commented incoherantly on the "dear" comment a while back, when it happened, but since then, my life has been insane. So, I'm back to say, "Grissom called Sara, 'DEAR!'" He called her, "Dear" at work, no hesitation, and she didn't flinch. It's a part of their lives, and I love it. I love that closeness. I love how she automatically knew to reach for the camera... I LOVED getting to see them in an unguarded scene.

What I mean, is that they weren't being watched. They were in the morgue, and they knew where the one door was, and that they would hear it if it opened. This is as close to seeing them at home as we have gotten. Yes, it was over a dead body, but we got to see the two of them completely comfortable in each other's space, we got to hear how Grissom talks to a girlfriend, rather than a subordinate, and he freakin' called her, "Dear."

I just love it. :)

5. Sirius_Hope

Sirius_Hope Dead on Arrival

I thought of something while reading the past few post concerning the "pregnancy" issue.

(This is not taking the mask/luminol thing into consideration) But what if pregnancy in general is a touchy subject, meaning Sara and Griss discussed the possibilities of having a child but due to some unknown reason it's impossible.

Just something to ponder over.

6. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

I guess that would be okay. But I dunno, it just seems weird to invision Sara pregneant.. it's like.. my mind isn't capable of seeing it. Because it just seems so different and like it won't happen. Besides, a child would get in the way of OTHER things that Sara and Grissom might be up to, in whatever activities they might possibly be doing in their spare time..

:devil:

7. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

sorry, TS, i just looove emoticons, i sometimes drive my friends crazy with it on msn too, i have lots of different emoticons on msn, some are reaally nuts *just like me actually* but well, thanks for pointing out to it, i'll try to use them less!
    *see, i can do it, i used none in this post, hehehe*

i just watched Rashomama *which was very funny* and TOYD on the dutch television again, and it got me all over again.. they are not only great episodes, the GSR in it is unbelievable! the 'fantasy' scene made even my mother wonder if gris and sara MAYBE belong to each other, i was screaming at that point: ofcourse they belong, don't you see they are having PURE eye-sex at this very moment??!!
    anyway, i loved it!

i was just writing in my diary, and found a page where i wrote: dear diary *yes, i know, very predictable, lol*, today i saw csi again, and you know what i noticed? that grissom and sara are actually kinda cute together, you know, as a couple..' i was laughing when i saw that page, that was the first time i mentioned gsr, lol.
    okay, back to analysing the scenes again, i wanted to say one more thing about the dear scene (classic!!) i agree with everyone who says that is was just like they were a married couple or something, just saying; no dear. but on the other side, it IS something that grissom wouldn't normally say, so i think it was presenting something special, just that moment of vulnerability, letting his shield down.. so yes, it was a great scene, one of the best actually, but at the same time, it felled kinda normal, like he would say that every morning to her.. but well, again, that's just my opinion ;)

*TS, look, i used only one emoticon!!*

8. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

that Time of Your Death ep is totally adorable. the 'fantasy' scene was so cute. i especially loved the bit when grissom said 'they did, dont confuse fantasy with reality', and then he looks at sara, and sara looks up, and does that cute expression, looks down, purses her lips a little bit. that was sooooooooooo cute..i loved how subtle it was, and how they were in a room full of people, catherine, greg, etc, but it was like they were alone, fixated on each other only. and when catherine, nick and greg leave and its just the two of them, and the intense eye contact they make, total eye sex, saras more 'im sooo happy and content now im with you' and grissoms more 'god youre hot, i want you now, damn wish we could do it on the desk'.

9. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

I agree! I was thinking that the first time I saw it. "Dear" was the perfect term of endearment for Grissom's personality. But I doubt very seriously he could have pulled off "baby" and if he had said "sweetheart" I think it would have sounded like he was talking to a child, like how a dad would say it.

10. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

I noticed something while I was making a GSR music video.

Our geeks like taping each other up.

Because in season 1, Crate n Burial, Grissom tapes Sara up, right? Right. And then in season 4, in Suckers, well I guess Sara doesn't really tape up Grissom, but she still supplied the tape. And he taped himself up. Anyway, what is it with these 2 people and duct tape? Is it some kind of obsessive-compulsive disorder towards duct tape, kinda the same obsessive-compulsive disorder I have towards butterflies.

hehe.

11. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Oh, there is a lot of duct tape love between Gris and Sara. :)

I agree that, "Dear" is appropriate for Grissom's age, and for their relationship. However, it's sorta throwing me off. I mean, that sounds very, "Married," to me. I know we could start a huge debate about whether or not they are married (I don't think so, but I think it's a possibility in the future)... but it was very, very comfortable. I mean, if they're to the stage where the have specific terms of endearment that just roll off their tongue like that, they've been together for quite a while.

I still want a timeline, darnit. :)

A lot of people are speculating if Sara is pregnant. I don't think so, but I do think it'd be a smart way to write her out if she doesn't renew her contract. I mean, she gets pregnant near the end of the season. Gris decides he needs to leave the lab... and then, when we come back in season 8, we get mentions of how Gris and Sara are busy with the baby. WP could do a guest spot here or there as our trusty entymologist, and Sara could drop in when they're slammed... Though, I see them moving back to San Fransisco if she does get pregnant... I can't see either of them being content to raise a child in LV. This is just an idea, though> Honestly, I hope TPTB are MORE creative than that, but it's an idea that is floating around in my head.

12. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

i agree with you in the whole end of the season thing, it could be an option.. though, i'm not sure if i am ready to see sara get pregnant (although it's at the end of the season) and hear that gris and sara are busy with the baby.. i just love the way things are going now, all the little flirty scenes, the big ad-libs from billy, veggie-burgers, etcetera. but i don't know if it's smart to let sara get pregnant, cause that would maybe be a shock, that even the most hardcore-GSR-fans (including myself) can't handle. i mean, okay, we think they had sex, (ofcourse they did *rolls eyes*) but A BABY?? it would be totally cute ofcourse, and i love the idea of sara and gris being parents, caring for a baby, but is that still CSI-like? i don't think the directors would do it, and if they do, it would be at the end of the whole CSI-show, but even then, i'm not sure if that is what i want to see.. a marriage, ofcourse, that's what I defenitely want to see, but a baby?... i don't know guys, i don't think our couple is ready to have one.. maybe if their relationship gets more serious, more married-like (like more 'dear' scenes), it would be possible for them to have a baby. but untill then, i just love to watch the flirty-scenes, and i'm still hoping for that kiss too :)

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WELCOME Ashes86 glad your here.. and have fun ;) post away..your thoughts and ideas.. ;)

[​IMG]

14. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

TS, just wanted to say this was an awesome introduction for newbies to the S. S. Geek Love. And while I am doing my Masters of Business Administration right now, I did major in philosophy for my undergrad... and I was a teacher for two years; I taught ESL in South Korea. So I found that pretty funny.

No essay this week, though. :( Due to my VCR inexplicably screwing up, I missed this week's episode. It's the first new episode of CSI I've missed since the early days of Season 5.

I'll look for alternatives to get the "dear" scene. I'm really, REALLY hoping that Sara isn't pregnant, and that the show doesn't go there (unless they bring back either Grissom or Sara for a sweeps appearance after Season 8 starts, and it gets mentioned then). I'm satisfied with just knowing that the ship is sailing; I don't need it to get more personal. That said... if TPTB do decide to get more personal, I hope to hell that they're careful with it.

I also cast my vote to see Sara and Sofia become BFF. Now that Sofia comes across as a real person instead of a plot device, she's way more likeable. I got sold on her character when she indignantly stood up for Brass against Ellie's "negative energy" in WTG - she was just so fiery and loyal in that scene, I gave in. She'd make a good match for Sara - as Sarah said, they wouldn't be the hair-braiding kind of friends, but I think they'd be blunt and honest with each other, and have each other's backs.

15. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

TS, thanks for still considering me a member of the gutter. As you said, I am on a break from the board (busy RL), but still love the people here very much, and as you guys see, I lurk occasionally. :)

And now that I've posted, I want to say one word:

DEAR. DEAR, DEAR, DEAR, DEAR. OK, 5 words, whatever. :rolleyes: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.