"Double-Cross" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I liked it..very insightful.. and different..unlike the blockbuster gang-banger from last week.. this was more laid back.. but interesting (and the TV Guide was off a bit) it was about the whole cast, which I always like, the beginning and Grissoms always pyschological comments about "sin" and Cath and the candle.. guess Sam's dead :( that's the take I got..to the best friends who loved the same woman..one being a priest.. and the other a kind of sleaze-ball..to the nun protecting the father.. and when Grissom and Sara had the discussion about their "religious beliefs" they both seemed a bit confused on what they did believe, with Gris being the stonger one with his..and Sara saying "people believe God to blame their mistakes on" HMM..and the cute "Did I offend you"? and him going' NO dear" and the writers throwing the tid-bits of their "relatioship" at the viewers... but keeping it subtle :confused: very endearing ;) and Nick and Warrick such good buddies, while working,... and Greggie :( poor baby, wth his bruised face,, and Cath conforting him... and the Brass man cracked me up when the car salesman (her murderer} said "I feel awful about Charlotte, and Brass goes "I feel awful too..but the cars coming with us" :D all in all rather endearing and captivating, and makes one think!!! well it did me ;)

2. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I didn't really like tonight too much, although it was great to see Greg back in the field, bruises and all. Also, I liked seeing Sofia in many scenes.
    The murder bugged me. It seemed a little too out there. It would have been more realistic if he had simply killed her in the apartment. As stated above,tonight was more about the characters than the science. That's OK in small doses, but we're bordering on soap opera.
    Also tonight, I was distracted by the appearance of Meredith Monroe (Sister Bridget). She's Hotch's wife on Criminal Minds, was a killer on CSI: Miami (Under the Influence) and a victim on Cold Case. Reckon CBS is getting their money's worth out of her.

3. MrsGregHSanders

MrsGregHSanders Police Officer

I really loved it when Cath comforted Greg. Also, I'm so glad that Greg was still himself, he wasn't moody or withdrawn.

The story was a little strange. It sounds like the start of a joke: a car dealer and priest are fighting over a women...

4. drummergurll

drummergurll Police Officer

i woke my roomates up with a yelp when griss said "yes, dear" to sara...overall it was a good episode and i am very glad that there was continuity with greg and cath...

5. Aquarian

Aquarian Hit and Run

Tonight's episode was good but it wasn't as intense as last week's episode. Good to see Greg walking around and back with everyone. Poor Greg! He looked like he needed a hug after talking to Catherine. I'll give him a hug! haha

Nick looked good as usual. teehee :)

And that is such a bummer that next week is a re-run. Ugh! I don't think I can wait til Nov. 2nd for a new episode. heehee

6. pjm

pjm Civilian

7. pjm

pjm Civilian

The World Series will be played Oct.21-29 on the Fox Network. CSI and several other shows will be reruns during the baseball games.

8. melbel

melbel Pathologist

kaylynne do u have any clips?

9. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

At the end during the credits it said something like watch more of csi on innertube, so maybe they'll have a missing scene.

I still think that Greg is internalizing things, and I was the one that kind of brought up the drug thing but not like Carter on ER (that was someone else, and now I can't remember who it was, sorry-but I wanted to thank them for thinking that too) the only reason why I said that was because like Carter on ER, he also internalized what happened, seemed totally fine after and hid how he was really feeling, do I think they would go there, maybe, who knows how they'll handle this in the long run..that is if they will. But Greg is cut from a different cloth, so I'm not too sure he would do that though.

It's obvious from Catherine's conversation with him he's not okay, but on the other hand, I thought way before the episode aired when the spoilers came out that he would totally put on a brave face for the other CSI's but it would be killing himself on the inside...but that's Greg anyway, he's totally sensitive and probably wouldn't show them how he's feeling, even though he is a CSI now I think that he just still wants to fit in or maybe show them he's tougher than they think he is.

Either way, though, the poor guy is still bruised (which I know is evil to say, but it was actually good to see that), he's definitely still feeling it emotionally (which, it's Greg, you so know that he would be), he's a little harder now, (that comment to the priest which almost mirrors Nick's comment about the autistic guy in "Caged" when Greg was the one to say to kind of give him a break seeing the guy was autistic), but still he has the sense of humor ("hey, hombre).

All in all, it was just so good to see him again..up and about and after last week's stellar epi, honestly it would be hard to top that this week, so it was a little bit of a let down, but at the same time, I think we sort of needed a little break after that.

10. luvsterriers

luvsterriers Victim

I was wondering the music being played in last night's episode. Anyone knows? It was the scene where Sara is collecting evidence from Charlotte's body. Its so pretty, but I just can't remember the piece. It sounds like a Mozart Requiem.

Anna

11. OnlyTruth

OnlyTruth Pathologist

Liked: lots of evidence collection
    Didn't like: not lots of evidence analysis -- definitely miss the science nerd aspects of CSI :(

But, I have to say, as a scientist myself and someone who is also an active Christian, I really appreciated the episode. Lots of people make religion and science sound like they are incompatible (both scientists and conservative Christians), so it's really nice that CSI doesn't do that.

12. edog

edog Lab Technician

When Grissom cheats on Sara with Catherine, then proceeds to leave them both for Sofia, and THEN runs back to Sara proclaiming his love for her and THEN convinces her that they should start a threesome with Greg and THEN during all of that Warrick and Nick start their own affair under a lab table in the trace lab, maybe THEN...and I stress the 'maybe', maybe then, this will be a soap opera. But only then.

(It was sarcasm, so please, don't take offense. I just get a kick in the pants whenever someone calls CSI a soap opera.) Well, not that you necessarily called it a soap opera, but seriously, last night did not even border it. It was simple character development, to me. That was all I got out of it.

As for the episode, if you didn't get Grissom's comment (while talking to Sara over the deceased) that maybe this case would require both faith and science, than I'm not too sure why anyone was surprised a lot of character interplay would show up here. I mean, he did say it, you know. ;)

I enjoyed it. Sometimes, the science of it all can get crammed into an episode and crowd it. I know that may sound silly since it is a showed based on evidence and science is used to process that evidence, but take tonight and you'll see that common sense can help solve a case. (ie, Grissom letting the nun know that she was simply too small to lift the victim up)

Or just simply understanding the behaviors of people can rule out suspects. (ie, Grissom understanding a priest would never kill in such a manner. he felt guilt, not malicious intent)

That was a breath of fresh air for me. Cody, I thought, was a great "villian". His motive was revenge against Frank, not necessarily against Charlotte. It was interesting to watch the emotions play out on his face. The only way to hurt Frank was to also hurt himself by murdering their best friend. I don't know, but to me that just represents the complexities of the human mind and the relationships humans make with one another. I found it compelling and heartbreaking.

The cast overall was awesome. I love Brass.

Sure, the episode wasn't as fast paced as last week, but did the subject matter really call for an "in your face, run over the perps with a car" kind of set-up? Not really.

I was mostly happy for the lack of Special Guest Stars and random nite club scenes with John Meyer. This was CSI as I like it and it still managed to change up the formula just a little bit by throwing in a little faith.

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Two things I forgot to mention when I posted last night
    the candle Catherine lit for Sam was very touching a very good tribute to him I thought

Yes this show is not Forensic Files but I have to say it did come across very much different than other episodes
    I know that is the point and CSI is starting to get more character driven but somehow it's just not the same as previous seasons, at least not this episode
    I thought it was good, some one said not controversial in dealing with Religion, (I am also a Christian and I was not offended) and it did make Grissom realize his faith and his mother means alot to him still...

I guess my point is this particular episode didn't measure up as last weeks or previous seasons

14. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

I wasn't offended either, I think that actually it was sort of a nice break from all the action last week, I would have liked to have the same amount as last week..but at the same time, last week was just great, the level so high, I can see why this week would be a little bit of a let down, but there will soon be more action though, especially in a few episodes..plus, this epi really showed a few insights into all the characters and gave us a clue that Greg really isn't okay from what happened to him--from what I can gather at least a few weeks before this incident occured, when you consider hospital time, time off of work and Greg had to have spent a few days on desk duty.

15. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I enjoyed it. I know Priests are suppose to be sort a perfect but, they're just as human as we are. I had respect for him for the fact he knew what he did was wrong & was asking to be let go from the church. I really did enjoy the show cause something like that can test your faith as I'm sure it did the Fathers. Even knowing who did it & when asked by Brass his response was you know I can't tell you that. No matter what he stood by what he believed in. It really was good.