Eric/Ryan Slash--Unresolved Tension

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax CSI Level One

Talcat! You're here! *runs and tackles* :lol: I figured it was only a matter of time before you showed up here. The Hardy Boys are just too impossible to resist. :devil:

Thanks, inge! *huggles* Yeah, I've had a wonderful vacation, but it's good to finally be back! Oh, so there wasn't a whole lot of Hardy Boys in the last two epis? Hmmm.... not sure if that's a good or bad thing since I missed it. Maybe there'll be more next week. *crosses fingers*

As far as Talcat's question's concerned, I haven't really give it much thought. I guess I'm usually so consumed with thinking up scenarios to try to get them together that I don't ever think about the other aspect of what would make them leave each other. Off the top of my head (which would probably be the simplest and most obvious answer I could figure), I'd say if Eric cheated on Ryan repeatedly. As in, Ryan forgave him the first and/or second times, but he kept breaking his promise and hurting Ryan to the point that he couldn't trust Eric anymore. I'll see if I could think of something else, but that's all I've got for now.

Oh, and great news too, everyone! You know that Eric/Ryan fic I wrote a few months back entitled, "Walking The Twisted Line"? You know how it got nominated for the 2006 CSI Fanfic Awards in the Miami - Episode Specific Category (S4 Driven)? Well, guess what? :devil:

IT WON!!!!!!!!!

*giggles madly with excitement* :lol: :lol: Isn't it awesome that a Hardy Boys fic won?!?! :lol: Here's the banner for the award:

[​IMG]

I tell you, this day just keeps getting better and better! :lol:

2. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Shadowfax , nice to have you back! :D And well done for the award! You deserve it. :cool:

Talcat , nice to see you here too! :D Hmmm, yes, I think cheating would make Ryan leave Eric. Eric seems to be a bit of a rover - he'd find it hard to commit to one person, probably. Ryan might possibly forgive the first time, but I could imagine he'd get very jealous. Also, if Eric was too controlling in the relationship, he might want out. (I'm thinking about the situation in my last fic now. With no convenient spider). Or if he thought it was best for Eric in some way. I haven't really thought that last one through, but if he thought that being without him would make Eric's life better... Does that make sense? :confused:

Did you miss the eps altogether, Shadowfax ? Or have you got them recorded? Maybe your nice friend who does the screencaps has them. Curse of the Coffin sounds interesting. The tablecloth shirt is back on Eric, and Ryan's got a nice short t-shirt. :p Now, if he can just reach up to a high shelf for something... :devil:

ETA - I've just thought of another possibility that might make Ryan leave Eric. If he thought that it was only a matter of time before Eric left him and he'd be hurt, he might try to pre-empt that, and leave first. Awwww, baby!

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax CSI Level One

Thanks, Ali! *blushes* :eek: :D

Oooh, I like your scenarios so far. A pre-emptive strike or perhaps a scenario that would force him to leave Eric for his own good. They're highly possible, and I like them! I see some really good fic possibilities especially for the second one. Maybe Ryan knows something that he's not telling Eric, and only he knows that a threat has been made on Eric's life. Maybe the only option is to leave Eric or else... so much possibility! Dang! Why did you have to feed my plot penguins? Didn't you know I'm already overloaded?? *tries best to ignore penguin* :p :lol:

Yeah, I missed the episodes altogether. :( And you know what else happened? I was able to record the one on the 9th, which was the day I left. I was already on my way to the airport when I realized that I forgot to add in the one for the 16th. I was really quite 'traumatized' in the car at that point. In my rush to complete some errands, I couldn't believe I had forgotten! :( Thank God for YouTube on CBS.com. I still haven't watched both epis, but I'm planning to do just that later on today after I get some more sleep. I've designated that as my catch up with my TV shows day so I could get them out of my system. :lol:

Oh, yes... Curse of the Coffin does sound interesting. I'm glad I haven't missed that one yet. Maybe we'd get lucky and we'd get a glimpse of his sexxy abs. :devil:

Where's Tinkerbell and Quickbeam??? :confused: I haven't heard from them lately.

4. SwiftTales

SwiftTales Lab Technician

Thanks for the b-day wishes guys :p I've been gone for a couple of days so I couldn't thank you sooner

and Talcat! you made it! :D So glad to see you here too :D

What would make them break up huh? Well... maybe their difference in personanilities would finally become to much for them to handle and they'd decide to break up,

I do think the Eric cheating on Ryan is a possible scenario, Eric doesn't really look like someone who can commit (I mean with his track record, jeezes) and Ryan wouldn't be able to keep forgiving him

5. Talcat

Talcat Victim

Here, here little penguins! *feeds them*
    *Pets them in manner of Bond Villian and white cat - Ah! Shadowfax the Penguins and I have been expecting you*
    :devil: :lol:

6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax CSI Level One

OMG! Just the image of that made me crack up and fall off my chair! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, I finally got around to watching the last 2 Miami epis that I missed. And you're right, inge, there wasn't a whole lot of Hardy Boys moments. And whoa! They really tried to play up the pity party for Boa, didn't they? Unlike the last episode I saw before my trip where Eric seemed to be flirting with her, this time, it looked like he was rather irritated and trying his best to keep his professional distance. There was no 'look' of a concerned ex-lover who still harbored feelings for her, imo. Even Ryan asking that favor from Erica (who was obviously flirting with him) kept things strictly professional. Sure, he could charm her into doing him a favor, but there was no lingering 'look' on his part after he thanked her and right before he turned to walk off. *sighs with relief :D* That's a good sign for our boys, don't you think?

7. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Welcome Talcat! :)
    and I help you to feed Shadowfax' plot penguins. :devil:

I would also say that ryan would break up with eric if eric cheated on him. you should never break ryan's trust.
    it's also a possibility that they are too different, which I hope not.
    Ryan would also think that his OCD would be a problem for Eric. maybe Eric can't live with the OCD. I hope that eric isn't soo mean.
    aww, talking about a possible break up makes me sad. :(

8. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

It is sad, isn't it? But the making up would be so great. ;) As long as Eric hadn't been continually cheating. I don't think Ryan could cope with that. Anything else would leave room for some hope, but not that. I think that Ryan is a black and white guy in terms of what he thinks is right and wrong. There aren't many shades of grey for him. That's something you've said before, Shadowfax , and I totally agree with you.

They are very different personalities, but I'd hope they'd complement each other, rather than clash too much. I think Ryan's insecure about his OCD. He really thought it would stop him getting the job. I read a lovely story recently about Ryan washing up in the middle of the night, and Eric just accepting it.

I love the image of Talcat petting the penguins, BTW. *giggles madly* :lol:

I'm so paranoid about forgetting to set the video for CSI:M that I set the whole week's recordings at the weekend. And then check them constantly. And check the recorder to see if it's going at the right time. Yes, I'm in when it's on. But I prefer not to have Himself watching with me, so I record it and watch it the next day, rewinding and rewatching particular bits as much as I want. :p ;)

You know I said I had a cunning plan to get Ryan out of his clothes. Eric, too. :devil: Well, the fic's nearly finished. I should be posting it from tomorrow. It is PG-13, despite the promise of nudity. I hope that's not too disappointing. :D But it is a wicked-and-devious cunning plan. :devil: :devil: I'm quite proud of it. *rubs hands, cackling evilly* :devil: :devil: :devil:

I'm off to redraft the epilogue now. Oh, my mind is twisted...

9. suave_elle

suave_elle Dead on Arrival

currently in malaysia, we are watching season 4 only and i realise Eric ad Ryan dont really go along that well, since the beginning of the season... when both of them and Calleigh were investigating a crime and all three went separate ways... and when Eric was suspected as a drug user, Ryan wasnt very supportive i would say..

10. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Ali, you're soo mean! ;)
    first you fooled us about the fic and now you tease us about it. post it! :p

Welcome suave_elle! :)
    Three Way wasn't a very nice episode on the first glance, but when you rewatch it and when you focus on eric/ryan you find some hints.
    Eric is soo jealous of every woman or man ryan is talking too. The smirk in the elevator is a highlight. Eric wanted to punch him (or do something else :devil: don't know).
    about the drug use, did you mean 'shattered'? well, ryan is a bad liar and I guess he wouldn't support eric if he takes drugs. I think he would be angry with eric.

11. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Yes, I think his black and white view would take over a little if he really thought that Eric was taking drugs. But I just think he's a rotten liar - that's why he didn't lie for Eric. He didn't exactly "rat him out" as Stetler said, but he didn't make something up to cover for him.

By the way, welcome suave_elle . I don't mean to jump on the first thing you say. Not really. :D

inge , it's going up now! Now! :devil: :D It's a fab idea, if I say so myself.

12. inge

inge CSI Level Two

your fic is great Ali! :)

Today I saw 'nailed'. now it's officially my fav Hardy Boys episode.
    during their first meeting in this episode I thought, If looks could kill, Eric would be dead. Ryan was soo angry with him and Eric acted also stupid. Men! :rolleyes:
    After the accident Eric was soo concerned for him.
    the ending scene was perfect. awww. *sighs*
    they acted so shyly around each other.
    I also like the way Ryan clinged to him in the trailer and Eric also touched him in the hospital alley.

all the pain from the last episodes is forgotten! :D

13. athlov

athlov Guest

Yeah, he's a terrible liar. He pauses before he talks, every time, and it's so obvious that he's not being completely honest. :lol:

Hehe, I loved the banter between them tonight. It was so great. Delko: "Take it easy Wolfe." moment later* pulls his gun at an iguana. "Not a word." ---Ryan: "Take it easy Delko." ---- Delko: "Not a word." :lol:

14. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Rats! I just wrote a long post and it vanished! *stamps feet*

Stetler's a stirrer. That's one thing I said.

Nailed. That's something else I was talking about. inge , did you like it? It's my favourite episode of all time now. I liked the bit where Eric didn't want to leave Ryan in the hospital, and where he collected him at the end, and where he found him in the caravan, and, and, and. I could go on forever. Dumpster-diving and dinner plates.

I found a pic on Miami Style that I thought everyone might like. It's proabaly a spoiler, so don't look if you don't want it. I don't know the episode. It's new.

Action!

15. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Oh, I love this episode. :)
    It's a little bit surprising how eric reacted to ryan's injury. I don't think he reacted so because he felt guilty. maybe he didn't want to loose another co-worker and friend (and maybe more ;)).
    I try to imagine the 'dinner plates comment scene' with eric. Eric would have said: you? no way! I can't imagine you doing this. and ryan, challenging eric: you don't believe me? I will show you.
    then he realizes what he had said and would run out of the house. :lol:

thanks for the pics.
    It seems that the episode will provide some nice eric/ryan scenes. you should also check the Miami Picture Thread. there's a link to more caps, also more eric/ryan!
    But!!!
    don't forget!!!!
    SPOILER!!!!!

OMG!!! look at eric's shoes. He's wearing a nice grey suit, but the shoes are not very suitable.
    :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.