CSI -Miami Nice!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by faceoff, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faceoff

faceoff Witness

I have stuck with the recent series on Channel 5 in Great Britain but am finding this series a comedy rather than drama. Firstly Horatio consulting a priest and the suggestion that he was deeply troubled and pre-opening credits that ridiculous Caine statement "Well, Frank," - sunglasses on " it is time we hit back" :lol:

The episode I watched yesterday with my Finnish wife ( directed by Scott Lautanen? Finnish ancestry? so he had me good hopes) but alas and alack. It had some club owner found hanging under a road bridge and two film writers were suspected.

What has bugged me for ages is David Caruso's acting. He emotes everything. Whether he is talking to a suspect or his latest girlfriend (Delko's dying sister? Nice choice there Horatio - she's a keeper!) it is with that irritating detachment. Horatio in romantic mode? No - I get nothing.

If that wasn't bad enough I got sidetracked by all the extras in the programme. As with the CSI Lab they were all drop dead gorgeous females - be they pedestrians or Wolf's eye doctor. The scene when Delko and Caleigh visited the film studies department at the local college was hilarious. Every passer by was a model on the cat walk. No one old, no one normal, no one ugly except the suspect professor but then he was required to act not slink past. And Delko didn't look? Caleigh should have checked his pulse. This is la la land. Where are all the normal, elderly or heaven forfend obese people that we are told trouble the USA?

I will stick to Las Vegas and New York I think. Even Emily Procter cannot keep me in Mr Caruso's company any longer. "Yes, Frank" sunglasses on - "it's time to hit the off button!" :devil:

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I always yell "WHEEE!" and rise my glass when I see his name :p get excited when something Finnish is there ;)

3. faceoff

faceoff Witness

Hello DaWacko,

Yeah I remember - I been absent for months from this site chasing my own family history and going to Finland twice for weddings. Your country does great weddings - one last October and one in June this year. Both involving a member of a Finnish rock band. He got married in the first and was part of the entertainment in the second. Great memories.

Yeah, its great seeing anything Finnish (as long as it has not got the words Renny or Harlin in it :devil:)

Scott is a producer and director on the show CSI Miami but I would guess Mr Caruso is a prima donna as far as his role goes - otherwise it wouldn't be such an arched performance. Mr Lautanen should "bitch slap" him and make him know who is the director and who is the actor.

4. Ducky

Ah Finnish weddings. More serious than Finnish funerals.

There's other producers also and I don't think DC is prima donna (perhaps he was one 13 years ago ;) ) but when reading interviews - he has changed.

5. faceoff

faceoff Witness

Ok Dawacko I give DC a break. Yeah Finnish weddings rock! Literally - the drummer of Altaria and relatives giving their interpretations of Lordi and Guns 'n Roses songs. Now there are a few themes for CSI- Helsinki/Pori or Turku that they are bound to make soon. Surely they will run out of Americans locations? Mac Taylor or Gil Grissom in downtown Tampere? Gil would just LOVE those mosquitoes - what collectors of evidence :devil:

6. Ducky

Perhaps we should still stay on topic ;)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I still don't get this thread :confused:

8. Ducky

I think faceoff just wanted to tell how much he dislikes DC and how bad mistakes/crappy CSIM is ;) (the usual) :p

9. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

^^And since we already have a similar thread entitled "Miami rantage", I'm just going to lock this one and ask that everyone use the existing thread.

:) Thanks.

***LOCKED***

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.