Josh Groban ~Grobanites Unite!~

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by HoratioAndMe, Aug 11, 2005.

?

Grade 'Rest in Pieces'

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. A

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. B+

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. B

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. C+

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. D

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, it is a capella, but he's to be accompanied by Ladysmith Black Mambazo. Many of you may remember them from Paul Simon's "Graceland" album. There is a second collaboration with them on the album, called "Weeping," a clip of which was featured some months ago on GMA. It was heartbreakingly gorgeous. The video can be seen on the GMA site listed above.

You all need to come join us here . The complete track list of the album has been posted, as well as numerous links to clips of several of the songs, and the full recording of "You Are Loved," the first single released from the new album.

Hope to see you there!

Can't get enough, can'tgetenough, can'tgetenoughJOSH!

2. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Thanks for that link. I've been to that messageboard before, I think, and it really is a great place. I usually lurk but I may join soon.

Joshy related article I found:

This article talks a bit about how the song 'February Song' came to him:

top40-charts.com

And we do need another pic to cap:

[​IMG]

Josh: Holy crap, I'm in the wrong place. This party is for Bingo!

3. Fanatic6

Fanatic6 Police Officer

Josh: I'm so funny, I crack myself up!

not that great, but my capping skills have been affected by my Grobanite glee. *squee* Great pic.

4. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Nah, that was a great cap you did! Made me realize it looks like he's talking to his thumb :lol:.

I'm all about random questions so here's one to mull over: what is your fav Josh pic you've seen so far?

5. Fanatic6

Fanatic6 Police Officer

Hmm... so many! I really do love the one from the new album though. He looks happy in it... all the pictures from "Closer" were pretty solemn, which wasn't helped by the greyscale. But so far for "Awake" he's smiling, which makes him that much more adorable.

6. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

It is good that all the pics he did to promote 'Awake', including the one for the cover, make him look less grave. I think they do express a bit the way he's changed since the last album release.

7. Fanatic6

Fanatic6 Police Officer

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this, or if it's my imagination, but a while back I mentioned a new opening page for the Josh Groban website with a countdown. The page shows a sun in the desert, and I think the sun is setting. It definitely seems lower than it did when the page was first put up. Thoughts?

8. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Yeah the Josh Groban website has a countdown opening page like that. It's still there I think. I check that site on a regular basis ;).

If you'll go to the main page where the news is, there's a link to the contest they're having where you could win a trip to see Josh play in London Oct 27th.:

Josh Groban - Live in London Contest

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Do any of you have an Idea when the video for "You are loved" is coming out?
    I know they were doing casting for it a while ago, but again, it was a while ago!

10. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

KiaraMebarak I'm not sure when the video will come out but I know that they finished filming it about two weeks ago.

YAYS! The album is finally out. Sheesh, it's been too long a wait but I'm sure it will be well worth it. JG.com has changed it's countdown theme to a 'tour' theme though it isn't like the last one. Me need to buy!

11. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

I just saw the commercial on TV with him standing in the desert dressed in that black suit and white shirt from the album cover. He sounds a bit different, in a good way, then he did with the other two albums.

12. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

His singing voice has definately improved. He's still the same baratone, if you get what I'm saying, but his vocal capabilities have increased.

I've had the album pre-ordered for the last couple of months and I'm still waiting on it to get here. The agony! :lol:

Anyway, some pics that were taken of him the 8th of this month at a CD signing in NY at barnes & noble:

Glee
    talking to a fan
    doing a french accent.
    here he's saying 'this hair don't stay clean by itself'
    "do i look manly in this sweater?'
    "Hey, you're the guy that was at my window last night!"

Also, FOJG.com has one leg of his tour layed out. More dates are expected to be announced soon.

March 17th, 07. I know where I want to be! :eek: :devil:

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Feb. 18, for me!

14. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Feb 20th is my date. :D

I just read the liner notes from his Awake CD:

And having said that, some Awake DVD still from a friend of mine (still waiting on my copy):

You lookin at me?
    I know you're lookin at me
    Can you say bed head?
    I'd rather not
    nerd-miester
    ego
    needs glasses
    with his play pretties
    ah-choo
    SO not normal.
    charge!

15. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

:lol: Love those pics Hummer. Wondering a bit about the shoe-to-ear pic. The girl behind him seems to think it's normal so...