Rock/Alternative music

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by lilbug, May 20, 2005.

1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

'I buy my c*ack, my s*ack, my bi*ch, Right here in Hollywood' I love that part of the song. :lol:

Has anyone been listening to The Raconteurs, I really love their new song 'Steady, As She Goes', I have their album on pre-order. :)

Also, I don't really know whether to call this band Alternative or not, but has anyone heard Keanes new song 'Is It Any Wonder'? I never really got into the band when they immerged last year, but I think they are very talented. :) When I heard their new song I fell in love with. That song is heading straight to number 1, when it gets released over here. :D

2. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

Whoa, you managed to make that line PG-13. It's Prison Song, the radio (forum) edit! :p

3. Tinkerbell

^^^ :lol:

'Steal this Album' is very good, if not only for Mr. Jack! :lol: Man, I love that song. I-E-A-I-A-I-O is also a really good song along with Chic N' Stu. I think if you really like a lot of SOAD's older stuff then this album is a must. I personally find it hard to decide whether I prefer the older or the newer stuff. I think I'm drawn more towards the newer stuff because I really like Daron's voice. Mezmerize and Hypnotize never leave my side.

4. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

I agree with Tink, Steal This Album! is a must have for any SOAD fan. I also really like Daron's voice, and it's really easy for me to sing along to. He's got a slightly higher voice for a male, and I have a slightly lower voice for a female, so it's perfect :)

"Lonely Day" just sends shivvers down my spine.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

love all american rejects and green day,led zepplin,aerosmith,good charolette,and alot more i just cant name then=m off right now!

6. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

I don't know, for some reason I don't really like Chic N' Stu. It's just one of those things I guess. Anyways, I would say that I like System's older stuff a bit more than their new music. Their new songs feel a bit more manufactured. I agree with you guys though, I really love Daron's voice, especially in B.Y.O.B. when he sung the "Everybody's going to a party have a real good time" after Serj sings it. His voice reminds me of Chester Bennington's from Linkin Park. They usually sing in the same pitch.

I just love "Lonely Day"! It's almost eerie, and I love the guitar in it.

Good choices there, ericsbabe. I'm in love with Green Day's old stuff like "Geek Stink Breath", "Brainstew" and "Longview". I have their International Super Hits album as well as American Idiot. They're awesome.

7. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

woah.. kinda forgot about this..

All American Rejects.. hahah

Yeah yeah yeahs anyone? So darn good. I recommend Show Your Bones. "gold lions" is a great song.

8. Tinkerbell

Bumping up. :D

9. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

Does anyone like classic rock? Like The Beatles, Rolling Stones, U2, Aerosmith, Fleetwood Mac, that kind of thing?

10. Aquarian

Aquarian Hit and Run

I like classic rock. The Beatles are one of my fave bands. Like the Rolling Stones too. I like rock/alternative music too. Actually, I like listening to all kinds except country and rap/hip hop. Can't stand those two.
    I also like 70s and 80s music too. Like I said, I like all types of music.

(I just noticed this thread. Heh. This is kind of cool.)

11. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

im totaly into the gothic rock and stuff like evanescence and stream of passion and more of those bands but i also like songs with a message. But there some kinds of music i dont like R&B is a sample of it..

12. Nirvana

Nirvana CSI Level One

I love The Shins! I first heard them on the movie Garden State and ran out and bought any album of theirs i could find :lol: My absolute favorite song by them at the moment is 'So Says I'. Listen to them!! :D

13. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

zomg! The new My Chem album is so awesome! Has anyone heard it?

14. Tinkerbell

No not yet! I ordered it from Amazon on Monday. It was kind of a spontaneous buy. :lol: It should arrive in the post today. :) . Is it better than 'Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge'?

15. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Hmm, I like MCR. :) They're a bit too scene for me though. Three Cheers was a great album.