"Fannysmackin" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 8, 2006.

1. MrsGregHSanders

MrsGregHSanders Police Officer

Did the dead kids brother scare anyone else or is it just me? :confused:

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

No just you, I have a feeling we will see more of him. This is far from over.

3. IvoryRaven

IvoryRaven Police Officer

Didn't Greg roll the window down in order to get a better look at what was happening when he was calling for backup?

So, I guess I'm the only one who found Stanley really creepy, especially when he was talking to Greg? It was just the little things... the glance back when he said "you do that", the way he said, "I want to shake the hand of the man who saved my life", the fact that he invited Greg to a (cannibal) barbeque! Yeah, ok, maybe it's just me.

4. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

I liked Stanley. I just thought it was good ol' Southern hospitality. *shrug*

5. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Yeah, I could understand why you would think he would be scary, and I may be completely wrong but that might be because you arent from the south. If you are, then I have no other reason other than he just scared you. But I've only ever lived in the south and people are just like that. Most of us are very touchy/feely almost and big family people and love little get-togethers. (usually centered around a grill.)

Yeah, I personally just saw him as a good ol' boy from the south. Which, Tennessee isn't exactly GA south, but it definitely is southern in its own right.

Oh, and he did roll down a window, but it was the passenger seat window. His window was busted out.

6. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

I think that look the brother gave Greg at the end doesn't bode well at all, yeah, we'll definitely be seeing more of him I feel.

I wish there was more of Stanley actually, he wanted to meet the man that saved his life, then it was such a short scene I was kind of expecting a little more when he did meet Greg.

Either way though, I loved, loved this episode, I think it's one of the best ones over all 7 seasons and Eric, actually all of them were just fantastic, but Eric really did shine and he totally deserves all the accolades he's getting from us and much more of them from the critics.

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: Hospital rooms

Actually Greg could have still been in ICU, he took a sever beating my guess is that they would want to keep him in there for at least 2-3 days before either sending him to a regular room or releasing him.

In the hospitals here, ICU looks similar to what you seen on this ep. Well minus the clear view window. The ICU's here (in my area) are semi-private rooms, the only door is a curtain and you are monitored by camera. Some hospitals are similar but with some differences, Another hospital in my area, similar to the first, but has the window but it looks out into the hall.

8. Kara06

Kara06 Hit and Run

I think the whole parents thing is showing that Grissom still sees Greg as a young guy, which he is, but that also he's in pain, because if you watch the scene before the whole parent thing came up Greg turns his head and cringes then that's when Grissom asked if his parents had been called. I'm guessing Grissom sees him in pain and maybe if his parents were there to comfort him he would feel better. Oh and when Greg starting crying saying "My mom's going to freak" did you see the look on Grissom's face, he had this "Hey, don't get upset" type look. I thought that was sweet.

9. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

^^ I know, Greg seemed so young when he said "My mom's gonna freak." Like a teenager getting caught with pot or something. :(

10. csi_chick90

csi_chick90 Dead on Arrival

i think that greg talking about his parents is being over exaggerated.

we all have known since we first ever MET greg that he is the crazy, younger, funny, ALMOST teen-"like" lab-tech that we all love.

so him talking about his "mom going to freak" because he was savagely beaten and currently in the hospital i don't think is a big thing to point out, really. in all honesty, he is only in his early 30's, i think he can still say that without giving off a 15yr-old-coming-home-an-hour-late vibe.

give our greggie a break, he's only being himself. =D

11. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

Totally agree, like I said, no matter what age, after what happened to him, I can understand why he would think his mother would freak.

That whole scene though was just fantastic though, Eric did such a great job in this epi, something we all knew he would, but still, after the build up to it, waiting for it, it was so worth it, he was just wonderful and the epi itself is one of my favorites of all the seasons.

12. Kara06

Kara06 Hit and Run

I haven't done much research on the age of his character, and I know that Eric himself is 31 but is he actually playing a 31 year old, or is he in his mid to late twenties? Sorry if this was asked before, but some people play younger people in shows. He just seems to play someone younger than 31. I mean Sara acts like someone in her early to mid thirties, I guess it could also be Greg's looks. I really don't think someone in their 30s would really be concerned about what their parents are going to think. I mean I'm 23 and I'm afraid of what my parents are going to think when I get hurt, but you would think by 30 that would be different. I mean I could be wrong. But it just seems to act younger, I get the "a few years out of college" vibe from him. Also by the way he acts, the blasting rock music and playing around. I'm sorry but I just can't see someone in their thirties doing that LOL. I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to get at. He just seems to act some where in his mid to late twenties.

13. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

I totally agree with Kara06. I'm almost 24 myself and I always thought of Greg as about my age, maybe a year or two older. Still at the age where he would be concerned about his mother being angry at him for lying and getting hurt.

But when I said that that sentence made Greg seem younger, I didn't mean it in a bad way. It just shows his age, especially since he's been out on the field I think he's been trying to project an "older, more mature" image.

14. Kara06

Kara06 Hit and Run

Yeah I agree Sirea. Quick question, did they cut the scene out where Sarah was holding his hand?? I read this part on a website and it said she was checking his nails for evidence and he grabbed her hand. But I didn't see that in the episode. Did anyone else read this?? I saw the part where she took his hand to examine I guess the bruises and cuts on his fingers when he was laying on the ground but I thought the part where he held her hand was in the hospital.

15. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

I don't think they showed her visiting him in the hospital. She just talked about bringing him Mexican food...

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.