The Poll Thread - #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 17, 2006.

1. tvgeek1

tvgeek1 Victim

I'm new around here, but I wanted to jump in and say hello - and to extoll the virtues of Lasik. I was extremely nearsighted - diopter of about -6.0, (that's bad) and in early 2000 I had Lasik surgery. What a beautiful thing. I haven't needed glasses or contacts since. Worth every single penny.

Cheers~

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

FFS, I'm a Finn! :rolleyes: We cut anything unneccessary when speaking... Yeah, I may wave my hand now and then but usually and mostly...no.

3. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Yep, i make hand gestures when i talk. Especially when Im presenting something. But I tend to move it too much when im excited. I only use hand gestures (well, most of the time) when I'm talking to the other person/s face-to-face, not when I'm on the phone. Mom uses it even when she's talking on the phone...she'll be telling the caller directions and she'll point here and there to the air. :p

4. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Yes for me too. I make hand gestures when I talk, not all the time, but if I'm having a deep conversation or explaining something I do it a lot. I do it even more when I'm having an argument. :lol:

5. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I talk with my hands every now and then. sign language!

6. Golden_Smile

Golden_Smile CSI Level One

I said yes because I do sometimes. I'm not one of these people who constantly use their hands but every now and then I do :)

Also, I know sign language so talk with that sometimes - mainly in work (charity shop) when deaf people come in and ask for things I can reply to them :D It feels pretty good to be able to do it

7. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

:lol: Ducky I wonder how the natives in Finland would treat me if I came over. They'd probably think I was a nutcase 'cause I'd be doing all these random hand gestures & giving affection everywhere. If you came to Greece people would automatically know you're a tourist :lol:

But yeah, I do hand gestures while I'm on the phone, while I'm telling me I'm not coming in etc. It comes natural for me but thankfully nobody besides my dad comments on it :lol:.

8. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

I tend to think most people do, so yes.

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

We'd probably stare at you eyes wide open and wondering if you have some kind of an emergency :lol:

(it was pretty much how we looked at those italians :lol: )

10. Roka4csi

Roka4csi Coroner

I'm confused about the Lasik comment ^^ :confused:

Moving on... I use my hands to talk instead (probably comes from me hating to speak in person, but typing my way through conversations). Why does everyone automatically label you an Italian for speaking with your hands :lol:

11. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

Yes, especially when I'm trying to make a point.

12. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

Not really, but if I really had to make a complicated point or whatever then I'd use my hands slightly.

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Hells yes I make hand gestures when I speak! I feel the need to demonstrate every little thing that happened as I'm recounting the story. :p

I'm just a very flaily person. :lol:

14. wibble

wibble Corpse

This poll was suggested by Calihan (I think we may have done similar one before, but I still go with it :) ).

15. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Neither really, I'm not much into chocolate...but when I'm hungry I'll eat both.