Texan Charm- a Nick/George Discussion Thread Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by allmaple, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

2. allmaple

allmaple Judge

we have to remember it is a television show, and a drama. under normal circumstances im sure a real csi wouldnt have lost control like that. but we have to remember, our tv csis are infallible. nick attacked a suspect before, nothing happened. catherine blew up the lab, used blood evidence for her own purposes and has killed a guy, now greg has killed someone. there are never consequences for them.
    maybe its wishful thinking, but maybe the writers are actually preparing us for a nick eruption! he was certainly pissed off, and i was certainly turned on :devil:

3. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

Like I said...I did like it <G> and my comments are based on how it shaped Nick, and I think that includes how out of chracter it was for him.

Heh I was thinking in context of the show, I was just trying to emphasie how much a 'moment" it was....and as someelse said..I doubt it'll be touched on again, but I thin more that any one else on the show we've seen more ground breaking range of emotion out of Nick than any one else on the show.

Angry Nick = hot!

The giant bunnies his thing is growing is a dream for a fic writer like myself!

:-D

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well there is really no such thing as bad publicity in star land lol.

While that may hurt its their opinion, agree, disagree or agree to disagree with it. I am sure that everyone at one time or another in his position gets sick of the town their in and what goes on, the high running emotions, the dead, the living, good and bad. In this case they highlighted on the show Vegas. -- But its no different NY has a similar reputation (and I don't mean the show).

We know that Nick is a good guy blowing off steam, and we know George fought hard to get the job back and works his tush off to please himself and his fans. What was written can be considered bunk really. But again its their opinion right or wrong, it gets peoples attention and it makes folks search harder for the answers they seek, which in turn just makes him more popular.

:lol: Ironically maybe they should be thanked for promoting, info might be off/and opinion/just plain wrong, but they did just give him free publicity. :D

5. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i dont put much stock into what that girl wrote :) theres no denying george has put his heart and soul into nick, and the producers should be kissing his a...feet :p :lol: they really lucked out with him, not that the rest of the cast isnt great, george is just my star :D
    and dont get me wrong, i think the punch was a very important scene to have. for all of us that were so disappointed with the kidnapping being brushed off and nick being all fine and dandy. theyre finally showing us that no, nick is not alright. thinking back on it, it probably is a good idea that they went a year without anything big happening. ive never been in that situation but maybe it is more realistic, that everything builds inside and nick is just trying to be normal, but now hes realized he cant hide it anymore.
    ok, enough talk for me. although its been a treat as always this little fan girl needs her beauty rest! night ladies!

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

And it's a cute tush that he works off:devil: :devil: :lol:

ETA:
    Someone asked about what happened to George when he was 14 (he was almost murdered), so I went back into an old thread and copied the story. I can't remember where I found it though. Grissom would be disappointed, but oh well..here it is ..it's kind of scarey though. To think our George nearly ceased to exist..

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation star George Eads solves murders on TV, but as a boy he saved his mother's life by pulling a .357 Magnum on her attacker.

Eads, who plays investigator Nick Stokes on the CBS hit show, was only 14 when a man who had a score to settle with his prosecutor dad broke into the family's home in Belton, Texas.

"We had a bad run-in one time on a case my dad was trying involving the leader of the Hell's Angels, who brutally murdered a couple of kids in our town," explains the single hunk, now 33.

"Me and my mother were at home by ourselves. A guy kicked the door open so hard that it rebounded and shut back on him.

"We didn't keep the door locked. That's just the way our neighborhood was."

Springing into action, Eads' mother Vivian flung herself against the door as the boy ran to get his father's .357 Magnum gun.

"I held the gun up to the little window in the door, screaming," Eads recalls, "and the guy ran off."

But if Eads thought he would get a hero's welcome from this father, he thought wrong! "I'm 14 years old," he chuckles, "and the first thing my dad asks me is: 'Why didn't you shoot through the door?' "

Not surprisingly, Eads father, Arthur "Cappy" Eads, has a reputation as one of the toughest prosecutors in the country and is a national advocate for the death penalty.

And his son, now on the side of law and order as Stokes on CSI, thinks father knows best when it comes to bad guys.

"I've never really disagreed with my dad about capital punishment," he reveals.

"I'm definitely for it. There are just some evil people out there."

Arthur Eads made sure his son could deal with those "evil people" by teaching him to shoot.

"My dad had me shooting his 9 mm automatic in the woods when I was 12 or 13," says Eads. "And I've been hunting since I was 8."

Today, Eads believes that his background in Texas justice helps him play a cop on TV. But he doesn't want to give the impression that he's trigger-happy.

"I definitely lean toward having a gun in the home," he says, remembering that chilling night more than 20 years ago.

"If we hadn't had a revolver in the house, I probably wouldn't be here and neither would my mother." :eek: :(

7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Wow! You people had some very interesting thoughts and comments after I shut things down last night.

Someone asked awhile ago if we knew why George buzzed his hair again. Fannysmackin' was like Snakes. I can't image the episode with George having his usually hair cut. I don't think it would've work. I guessing now that George knew the story line coming up and was either asked to buzz his hair or decided to do it on his own. Either way it sure as heck word for me.

Buzz hair+Angry Nick=hot Nick
    Buzz George=Hot George

8. SamStokes

SamStokes Police Officer

Thank god for that revolover!

And yes, I agree I don't think those two epis would work without the buzz cut cause it make him look tough like Craig said on the LLS.
    But either way he is hot, but I have always been a big fan of the buzz cut on George.

9. SparkyGirl

SparkyGirl CSI Level One

Jaquie I'm sure my mom would enjoy a visit from Nick. Heaven only knows what she would tell him! I'm sure red comes in many different shades! Mom is doing better but possibly having to have the lower part of the incision drained. I could use a visit from Nick!

Nick's actions did suprise me to a point. I'm sure 4 years ago he never would have hit someone. Nick is more edgier, emotions standing on the surface. Sounds like someone needs to have a talk with a professional. I only hope Nick keeps a reign on those emotions. GD was the starting point for this.

Granted I'm not a professional, but I would have no problem in letting Nick unload. Besides, he would need a nap aferwards and reassurance that he is still the same thoughtful, sincere, incrediable, wonderful man he was 4 years ago. Dang...got my work cut out for me! Hopefully ya'll will help! :)

Back to Nick bashing are they? Good to see Nick so popular! ;)

Makes me wonder if Nick will maybe get to talking to Greg. I'm sure what Greg is feeling, Nick is feeling or has felt. That would be interesting. These two will have lots in common. I think Nick see's Greg as a younger brother and would try to help Greg deal with his emotions before dealing with his. Am I making sense or did I just fall off of the turnip truck? Probably the latter!

Can we say how hot Nick looks? Can we say how hot George looks? Dang...major heatwave! Whew! I'm a likein'!

10. GaelicFreak

GaelicFreak Dead on Arrival

YAY!!!! I'm back!!! I haven't been here in months. And what a nice welcome, this thread. George/Nick is the reason I watch CSI. Plus I love the drama. :) :) :) :D :D :D

11. bine

bine Prime Suspect

I also left them a comment; I just don't get it how they came up with the stupid idea to kill Nick off and how this should be good for the series. :rolleyes:

The comment Nick made to Warrick, that he is maybe in the wrong city, I don't know what to think about this. Either it meant nothing or TPTB finally have something in store for us Nick fans, though I lost my trust in them some time ago. :rolleyes:

12. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

wow, i had no idea any of that happened to him :eek: I'm shocked, i only knew of the time a guy tried to rob a 711 he worked at when he was younger.

wow, well thank god he and his mom are fine that is some scary stuff, anf it's funny I agree with his law position on capital punishment as well, and I too want to learn to use a gun, I may never own one, I just want to know how to use one, just in case.

but GE is cool, I love him more now!

13. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Wow, I had never heard this story before. Pretty scary stuff. It sounds like something you would come across in a fanfic. I think a plot bunny has been born.

Between this incident and the one where he was robbed at gunpoint while working in a burger joint as a teenager, it sounds like GE's childhood had just as much traumatic stuff in it as Nick's.

14. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I'd read both gun point incidents before. Still scary stuff no matter how many times your read it. When you see those scenes from Who are You and Stalker you can really appreciate the emotion behind George's eyes when Nick has the gun in his face.

15. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

yeah, he has actully gone threw all this stuff, so have my parents and I when I was younger, some crazy stuff has happened to my family, idon't want to go into it, but there are some pretty insane people out there.

any way thank goodness he's ok, and his mom is ok, I also have a feeling becouse of this George can take care of himself pretty well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.