Horatio/DC #11: Where Have All His Labcoats Gone? :(

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Re: Horatio/DC's Thread #11

On the day Horatio & Yelina get together, I will forget Season 4 ever excisted. Which is of course a good thing ;)

2. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

that's exactly what happened to me .. i hate me for that, but i couldn't help it ... :(

3. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

I agree. Suzie's character is believable and I'd love to know what happens to Madison now. I've always felt that Madison likes Horatio(which child doesn't? :rolleyes: ) and vice-versa, that it would be nice if they can have a scene together again. In S1 & 2 also(I think), there was a lot of H/child interaction and it will be nice to have that in S5. It might help to 'de-angst' Horatio. :lol:

This is where it gets weird for me. I know it's gonna be worse and yet, I can't stop myself from watching it. It's like an addiction. You know it's bad but you can't(or don't really want to) stop it.

I'm so sorrrryyyy for that because I have a feeling I'm gonna refresh your memory of S4 unintentionally. Coz I'm so backward here, I'm watching S4 on TV every week and although I've heard what will happen throughout the whole season, now is when I actually watch them and I know I'd want to comment...(ok, b****h will be the honest word :p ) about H and Aerosol. Coz it's linked to H, I felt that this is a better place for it. I'll try to keep it as short a post as possible.

Body Count is one of my fav. episode and Stewart Otis is the best and the worst.

4. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

zippy, as much as a few of us have tried to forget the woeful S4, feel free to post about it as much as you like. Some of us quite enjoy moaning about it, lol! ;) I believe a little venting is good for the soul. Also, if anyone enjoyed Season 4, please share your thoughts with us too. The discussion can be interesting and it's always good to read other points of view. :)

5. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I'm a bit annoyed that after 'NTL' there was no mention about what happened with Madison. Not even a small mention. I assume that she's fine now? :confused:

I'm glad you enjoyed 'Body Count' wibbs. I agree with you regarding all the great episodes towards the end of season 1, it was a real treat to have them all back to back. So now it's season 2 up next for you. Actually, season 2 premier 'Blood Brothers' is one of my favourite H episodes - believe me your gonna love it. :D *coughs* H in green shirt looking damn hot *coughs*

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Short comment about Body Count. I'm always... loved the scene before opening credits because DC's hair looks... so red. It's soooo.... cute!Pretty!awesome!

7. wibble

wibble Corpse

8. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

:lol: awww thank you wibs :D

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Wonderful pics wibbs :D

I loved the second 'Cute' one. Such a classic Horatio look. :) So I'm assuming you've moved onto season two now? I can't wait to find out what you think of it. :D

10. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

they are all great :D bumblebee expression is my fave tho :D

Thanks co-mod-wibbsey :D

11. Painted_Shadow

Painted_Shadow Witness

I feel a need to break my "don't go in the character threads" rule because...Horatio is a character worth several days of discussion and as many pictures as one can dig up.
    ----------
    :( Only it breaks my heart to hear y'all bashing season 4...because that's the year that after a few months of it slowly edging out the original CSI in terms of my favorite show on TV, I officially dove into full-blown obsession because I was just gripped every week. Okay, and yeah, I liked Marisol. I get deliriously happy whenever little hints of romance are mixed into my crime shows.

Well, see, that's why I liked Marisol. She made him do things like...smile. I wasn't quite obsessed with this show when she arrived, but I still thought the opening scene in "Silencer" was worth mentioning in my journal, and wrote it up as such: "And H has this goofy smile on his face watching her walk away. Awww, I do believe our little CSI leader is in love."

I sort of understand where you're coming from, because as a proper start to my obsession I bought the series on DVD as soon as school ended and rewatched the first three (spectacular) seasons over the summer...but for me, the show only improved every year. Though I did miss Yelina. Actually, I still miss Yelina.

I also miss the days when he had a wardrobe. I'm sure this is being done on purpose just to illustrate that he is, in fact, a superhero.

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I agree with you in a sense that the show has improved, but it's just not the way we had expected. I guess we didn't expect season four to stray so much from the formula that was Seasons One and Two.

I'm not saying that season four was BAD, it was just extremely different and a lot of people had difficulties accepting such a transformed season. IMO, the writing has changed so much that it barely feels like the same show anymore. The stories used to be more down to earth and human, and everyone could relate to things from the earlier seasons.

The cast seemed a little more real, and less like plastic dolls. (Not that they're plastic dolls, but they seemed more human in the earlier seasons) There's also been a vast amount of character development, thus overshadowing the original purpose of the show, which was to showcase Crime Scene Investigating.

But I think the majority of people who dislike season four, are the ones who have been watching the show since the beginning. *shrugs*

And I, too wish they would fix the wardrobe. :rolleyes:

13. Neteret

Neteret Dead on Arrival

Very interesting take on S4, Speed. First, I agree - Wardrobe! You! Outta here! Somebody with decent taste? Yeah, practically anybody with eyes! In here, please!
    :cool:
    Sigh

As for a new way to look at S4 - nicely done! I think the problem most people have with how it went down was the lack of explanation - OK Aerosol was a dumb little twit but she made H happy, but there was no explanation as to what drove him to marry her! It all seemed to be her idea and he followed along like, "dum-da-doo, uh, OK, whatever," as if he were some puppy following without a thought in the world! Take care of her, ok, good but marry her? It seemed to make him so happy! Yay! But so many developments just left us confused. I too am fond of S4 because that's when I 'found' H and that made it good. I didn't like the way it ended, didn't like his availability taken away, didn't like the way it ended up so that took the shine off. I liked other parts of his life being developed in Under Suspicion and Skeletons so that made it good. I liked the development of the other characters, letting them grow up a bit, so that made it good. I didn't like the investigation, or the bit with the Mole but I don't like conflict in a work place so I don't know how others felt but I could have done without. One thing for sure - S4 got us talking! What more could the writers and producers have wanted? :confused:
    :devil:Cagey people, them execs.:devil: ;) ;)

14. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

*sigh* I also started watching CSI:M in the middle of 4th season. The show was a way for me to decompress during a very difficult time in my life. I admit that it took a while for it to grow on me. It took even longer for Horatio to grow on me. It was probably after getting ahold of seasons 1 though 3 and started watching season one is when I got hooked on the Horatio Caine charactor. I have not seen all of season 4 and to be honest Sept 17th can't come fast enough. I will end up buying these DVD's then I can watch the bloody season in order and get a jist of what the bloody 'ell happened.

I also noticed that promo pics of Caruso were from last year. Like the ones in TV guide were from last year. I am confused why he is not promoting but then I respect what ever reason it would be. I also noticed he is looking better in the last two eppy's than he did in Rio.

The Good Rebecca

15. CSI_Chic

CSI_Chic Police Officer

David is going to be on this weeks cover of TV guide.. Yippee!! I'll just have to go buy one :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.