Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

^ Yeah, the "Since I met you" line was WP's input. Originally the line was meant to be something random about bugs. I love how much of a shipper he is :D

And Alyssa, that's a great observation about Grissom and Sara being parents to Greg. You're right, Grissom is the father figure in the lab, and Sara's Greg's mentor, sure - but now with Sara being Grissom's partner (in a lover sense) they really are great parents :)

Speaking of partners in a lover sense, we know Grissom and Sara weren't the only ones who were GOING to see Greg. Nick said at the end that he'd love to see his boyfriend, too ;)

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This was the most gripping and intense eppy since "Grave Danger, although BTK" was too.... this was amazing :eek: Eric kicked butt!!!!"and although their was a cutsie scene with our couple, Sara kicking that dummy :D it paled in comparison to the main story line!! and their writers , I'm sure took this from recent events here, this happens all over my city, fighting and scary, it's on the news almost nightly--"gang-bangers" all teenagers, beating the crap out of people for NO reason, cause "their bored" and it's "fun" :(and tourists beware too.... their very vulnerable, this eppy was fast-paced and kept me on the edge of my seat!!! ACCOLADES to Eric, and now on to next week's.......GSR :p

[​IMG]

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! you spoiled me!!!!!!! noooooo!!!!! *commits suicide* (but ... SHIRTLESS right?). please everybody DON'T answer that. let me not know and have hope.

too many posts for me to quote everything and respond. i'm just gonna say all what is on my mind without it.
    i definitely know what you mean Sara_Grissom_Fan. i felt that yeah, the scene is great, emotional and all, but did they really have to make separate shot at her caressing his hair? aight, aight, i shouldn't complain - greg was really hurt, it's just what i FELT. i watched it again though, and now i see it wasn't that intimate as i thought the first time i've seen it. so it's all good. i think she might be the generally closest with him than with everybody else in the lab (except Grissom) in terms of friendship. first i thought the scene was pretty sexual/shippy or whatever it could be in those circumstances, i mean the "scent" "i came for you", but after i saw it again it seemed more in a bro-sis kind of way.

i don't think it was the best episode EVER, but it still was AMAZING, great and all (i'd give it 9/10). one thing though that was missing was that K-Fed being the Pig was no surprise. but that would be my only complain. i loved the camera work, the drama, and Da GSR, yo. a very, very good solid episode. definitely one of my favoties.

the Let's Kick The Dummy scene was sweet (now that sounded bad). i mean, i just WAITED for him to say "maybe later" and give The Sexy-Grissom-Smirk. i still like the veggie burger scene a tiny bit more though.

one more thing. i gotta admit that Sara looks REALLY good this season. like, not even in the JFHS (or whatever it's called), but in a REAL way. IMO, she's hotter than Cath right now. and i'd never say that in S1 for example. i especially liked the way she looked when she was taking the pictures of the beaten girl in the beginning.

and the best thing - Grissom ... OMFG *gasp* OMFG. i don't have words. he is so HOT, it should be banned. i saw the new promo and he's even thinner there. i don't think i'll be able to live through that *faints like a thousand times*

oh and MissDee, the reference to Unfriendly Skies was the first thing i thought when i saw the ending scene. felt like good ol' times, felt good.

i'm gonna come back and write more, since i kinda have no time to do it now. Peace.

4. jordan

jordan Rookie

Okay, so last night's episode had me crying for an hour and a half. My poor Greggo. =[ And OMFG, that scene was effing AWESOME. I was like "OMG THAT'S HOT!!!" haha.
    And then I cried for over an hour and a half and then I went to sleep and had a really bad nightmare, and then I woke up at 4:06 AM and then I was afraid to sleep and then I eventually slept and I had another less-scary nightmare.

It was terrible though.

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Uh-huh. So we're sitting there, watching the episode, Zigs and me. Just sitting there. We have the intro with the man and the girl getting beat up.

Everything's cool.

Some pizza and beer in our tummies (okay, pizza for me and more beer for her - lush) and it's totally normal...

Normal...
    normal...

then BAM the CSI's show up - Grissom and Catherine, which would be normal except at that EXACT MOMENT Ziggy goes:

MY GOD HE LOOKS GOD.

Uh-huh.

That's what she said.

Fo sho

We also both agreed Jorja looked kick-ass and gorgeous in the dummy-kick and squealed over the eyebrow quirk cuz right after that? They did it.

Mm-hmm.

But MY GOD HE LOOKS GOOD.

Actually it was more: My GOD he looks GOOD.

ETA

Adzix has already brought this up, but I'm going to repeat it: No matter how insignificant you think it is, PLEASE keep all spoilers in the boxes. We have some great spoiler-free posters here who we'd hate to lose.

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

WHOA! what's your diagnosis MissDee? i'd say that she just hit the 5th stage. finally! i just can't believe it! congrats zig!

oh and MissDee, thanks for the complement on the icon ;)

ETA:
    and i forgot to add that Sara looked also very, very good in the kicking dummy scene. ya know, it was on purpose. she was so sweaty, breathing hard, and she flirted with grissom. HE also waited a bit until he got her attention - he was SO checking her out. i think he considered saying something else than "no", there was like a 2 second pause before he said it. i guess he just realized he better not do that in the lab. i'm pretty sure he had equally or even more flirtatious answer on his mind, but he just decided to go with a safe and simple "no". anyways, i loved it.

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Oh, for that scene. We were both a little "aah, whatever - CSI music vid - hang on... is that Sara? She looks GREAT. Wow."

And then I started to turn to zigs and go, "You know what would make this bet-"

and then he came in.

And there was eyebrow sex. lol.

Anyway - but we both agreed that this was the first canon GSR scene of the season where it was just two people in a relationship who work together and these are the little moments they have. Not him bringing her a burger, not her sneaking into his office to discuss the case and their cute 'bye's', not discussing their past... just... happy and cute and flirtatious and normal.

Like the pig-blanket scene in Season 1.

Anyway - this episode was like Seaosn 1 with a LOT more money. lol. That's probably the best way to describe it. But it's just better, too. It's sort of a shame that the first time CSI gets everything right, fewer people are watching.

Hopefully this episode will bring people back, because it deserves anything you want to throw at it. Was it spectacular? No. And that's because they never tried to smother us, and that's where it succeeded.

8. Jenjac

Jenjac Dead on Arrival

Re: hair caressing

I think that it didn't matter who it was that was lying there all beaten up, that Sara would caress their hair regardless. Whether it was Catherine or Brass we would still get that same reaction. She'd probably still say, 'I came here for you,' (or words to that effect) to whoever happened to be lying on the ground as well.

With the dummy kicking scene. Yes JF does look hot. And I'm in no way gay. Man that look she gave Grissom was sultry. It set the place on fire. I too wish that Grissom followed it through with something a little more than and eyebrow raise and a no. It did, however, seem as though he at least contemplated perhaps a different reply as there was a 1 second delay before his reply.

I also noticed that little finger lingering in the hospital scene between Grissom and Sara but I thought I imagined it. Grissom's fingers seemed to cover Sara's a little too much than if it was just a passing of evidence between two collegues. I know that if ever have to hand anything to anyone then I make sure that I have my fingers as far out of the way of the other persons. It's not as though Grissom even grabbed a hold of the other side of the specimen jar to where Sara's fingers were. Maybe it was a deliberate action by WP to see whether anyone would notice and it was actually a GSR` moment.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I agree - her caressing Greg's hair doesn't make me feel one way or the other about our ship.

I've always been a little bit Sandles, and I love that she was this big protective force there for Greg, demanding to know why he wasn't getting paramedic attention, staying with him, taking food to him in the hospital.

Now that it's not "angry", Sara's just sort of allowed to be this glowing comforter. And kick-ass woman. lol. Or kick-dummy. Whatever.

I heart her even more! lol.

The finger-linger was NOT that big a deal from a pure scene perspective, but I like that they're just including little touches. Little small, insignificant things.

10. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

As this isn't the place to talk about Greg/Sara either way (we've got The Great Ship Debate and of course the Sandles thread) it's probably best we go no further with that here. No matter how you may feel about our ship vs. theirs, it isn't fair to demean the moments they have when we have plenty of our own. I'm not trying to step on the toes of any mods or talk out of turn, I just wanted to nip this in the bud so we can be fair to the other shippers. Sandlesers (it's a word :p) are lovely people who would do the same for us.

Anyway, Jorja Fox has really been given the chance to shine lately. Like Sarah outlined, in the one episode she went from kick-ass woman to tender carer to all-round great woman.

I agree that the finger-linger (heh) really wasn't a big deal - at least it wasn't made out to be. Not as big a deal as the screen-caps make it seem - I just capped that off of someone mentioning it at another board. In reality it lasted a fraction of a second. But that fact in itself does make it important. As that person over at the other board said, Grissom could have easily taken the jar from Sara from an angle where he would have avoided any skin-to-skin contact. It's what most people would do. But he didn't. And it was tiny and pretty insignificant at face value, but it was also a tiny clue to their intimacy.

It may sound confusing, but it's kind of a case of the little things being the ones that matter. The non-scripted things that they (TPTB etc) don't make a big deal out of, but are there anyway. It's those slight moments that make the ship more than just about the "events", y'know? They're the mortar that hold the bricks together, making it fuller, more complete.

That's what a ship should be about. Because no matter how many big things we get, it'll fall apart without the stuff in between.

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Oh. I was going to say that afterwards, and I already told Adzix this, when Dayna declared her love for Billy Petersen's hotness, I turned to her and I went:

I'm...

tell...

ing...

Ad...

Zix...

and I had the biggest shock face.

And then we pillow-fighted with tasteful leopard print pillows that I'm sure Google has peed on.

But she's beautiful and soft and loving, so it doesn't matter.

But yeah.

Zigs has become afflicted, y'all.

BURN.

Anyway - again, I think I just needed to give canonized GSR a chance because it's SO new. But I like that they're giving us this stuff in tiny doses but all the time. Really, it's sort of like they're saying, "These are no different than the interactions between all the other CSIs except that this is what they are to each other now"

12. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

i always imagine something happening with Grissom for see the team reaction
    but nothing happens... we saw cath be kidnapped, Nick in Grave danger...have Brass in way to go and now Greg...and i ask...and Grissom????
    nothings ..blah i want see him in dangers...he be hurts
    see he be a center .... and what i win ? he out for 4 episodes
    aff
    i like Sara and Greg friendship...but i didn't like the line..i came here for u...nope nope nope
    we know sara loves Grissom but we know too Greg have a crusch for her..so i prefer the funny scenes for them..i don't know...i'm jalousie for my GSR
    i have a friend she is snickers.... so i I was thinking about the Sara's reaction now for Greg compared with Grave danger for Nick...less...more.... i don't know

i just know i want see Sara reaction for Grissom too.....
    i love my geeks

by the way, sorry for my poor english... :rolleyes:

13. Sirius_Hope

Sirius_Hope Dead on Arrival

What I absoloutly love about our ship is that Jorja and Billy take it upon themselves to add little details to make a scene...complete. It's like watching two people on the street who you KNOW are in love because of the "insignifigant" gestures and details that they automatically do. Billy and Jorja bring that to their characters and it is absoloutly amazing to watch. The ad-libbing, eye glances, smirks, hand brushings, that were not written in the script but without them the characters don't seem to be COMPLETELY convincing that they are "in love".

(I really don't think I expressed entirely what I wanted to get at, but I hope you understand where I'm going)

14. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

i always imagine something happening with Grissom for see the team reaction
    but nothing happens... we saw cath be kidnapped, Nick in Grave danger...have Brass in way to go and now Greg...and i ask...and Grissom????
    nothings ..blah i want see him in dangers...he be hurts
    see he be a center .... and what i win ? he out for 4 episodes
    aff
    i like Sara and Greg friendship...but i didn't like the line..i came here for u...nope nope nope
    we know sara loves Grissom but we know too Greg have a crusch for her..so i prefer the funny scenes for them..i don't know...i'm jalousie for my GSR
    i have a friend she is snickers.... so i I was thinking about the Sara's reaction now for Greg compared with Grave danger for Nick...less...more.... i don't know

i just know i want see Sara reaction for Grissom too.....
    i love my geeks

by the way, sorry for my poor english... :rolleyes:

[/QUOTE]

i agree with you i know that Chainsaw or dummy could be "funny" but only i see to grissom romantic :veggie burguer,bye,he look when she donĀ“t see him, or blush when talk pre-vegas
    i see to sara more "gruff" :Chainsaw , dummy , supervision...
    i want to my geeks each other :(

15. britfan

britfan Pathologist

I thought the Sara/Greg, Grissom/Greg were plot devices to show usthat now they are together, they can deal with emotion. Especially Grissom. Sara has opened him up so he doesn't just see things objectively.

And if they are being this open with others, are the writers setting it up for us to see them being more open about themselves and their relationship? I do hope so.

I'm loving the little bits by the way, and I took it that when Sara was kicking the dummy and asked if Griss was volunteering, his no signified he couldn't show everyone his felings just yet, but is coming round to it, as his scene with Greg demonstrated.

That's my two pence worth, so I'll go back to reading this forum. So much to read!

And Zigs, well done on seeing the Billy Hotness! It's WPHS I'm afraid!! You can't run away!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.