Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

Okay, I hate all my teachers. They gave me homework for like the past 2 days, and now you guys are like 4 pages ahead.. well, most of it are probably spoilers, and I'm spoiler-free, so I won't have to read much, lol.

Hm.. thread titles.. thread titles..

how about 'Because Veggie Burgers are Romantic'

, I said that a while ago when the Veggie Burger scene first happened, so I guess I'll go with that one.

Does anyone else feel that the more episodes we go through that we know Grissom and Sara are together, the more we want them to kiss? I'm totally feeling that.. it's just like.. okay, you've been in bed together, kissing is no big deal, so just.. DO IT! :lol:

I got my CSI t-shirt today in the mail.. on a Thursday, how ironic.. :D

So I figure that tonight is Greg's episode, so to make up for a few scenes of GSR, they should give us a kiss, and that will make up for it. Good? Good.

Haha.. Want to know how obsessed with GSR I am? Well, I have my hair parted the way Sara's is, I have butterfly earrings and a butterfly necklace on, a CSI shirt, and I'm being a butterfly for halloween (well, for any halloween party that I might go to.) Yes, cause butterflies are so amazingly amazing. <3

*starts being secretive of me being spoiler-free*

*gasps super loudly* Did you get me a picture? And Smallville is the second-most amazing show on earth, because CSI is the number one most amazing show on earth, although if they put GSR in Smallville, (haha, that would be pretty funny,) it would be close, but CSI would still win.. :)

Uhm.. all I can say about this is.. Agreed. : )

And if we had a make-out session that episode (not saying I never want there to be one.. *puts devil horns on head*..) we wouldn't have this urge to yell at the TV whenever they are together and say 'KISS ALREADY!!', which I think TPTB have fun tormenting us with..

2. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

Hi, I agree with green..
    by the way which is the name of the epi that Grissom went to Sara's apartment or something and she told him that she was self destructive, have problem with authority and chose men who were not emotionally available.. which epi is that??

3. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

Nesting Dolls. season 5. ah how i love that scene, my particular favourites.

sara: what does it matter, im still fired.
    grissom: it matters to me.

grissom: do you know why that is?
    sara: (shaking head) leave it alone.
    grissom: no sara
    Sara: what do you want from me?
    Grissom: i wanna know why youre so angry.

*faints* i love that ep, especially the end scene where grissom says he needs her.

and yes, i have an aching need to see them kiss too. really bad. i just need to see it lol.

4. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

That would be Season 5's Nesting Dolls. ETA: Damn, you beat me to it, SGF :p

Also, she would have known Grissom's job was at risk as much as Sofia's in that situation, so she's being protective over him in all that (which is again, a flip from most of the other Grissom/Sara interactions from the past) so you're right, if it was Catherine or Ecklie whose job Sofia was risking, Sara may have been like "Well they know the risks of this, it's their problem to deal with". She knows Grissom can tend to be a bit nice/inept to deal with those situations on his own, though.

Which is one reason behind his "closer to you" line in the intended sushi scene, I think.

5. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Heh. Glad people missed me around here. And Sarah, your essay commenting on my essay was way, way longer.

Oh, ts. *shakes head in sorrow* Actually, I was spoiled myself up to 7.6 or 7.7... I didn't see the need now that the ship was canonized... but I realized after 7.2 that I really, really would have enjoyed the pacing and stuff more if I hadn't known what was going on. So I'm spoiler-free again, but for the cases this time... 'cause if they're going to continue to be this good, then I want to be surprised, shocked, amazed. (Although if they throw in a surprising GSR scene in there, that's great too.)

Well... no. Sorry. We disagree about Tom Welling; we always shall. I admit I did make fun of TW when he first started, but then he grinned... and 'twas all over for me. And... I'm ashamed to admit it... but, well... *shuffles feet and mumbles* Michael Rosenbaum didn't really impress me right off the bat. He took me a while to warm up to. But... I'm warm now. ;) And while discerning women like you and me can admit he's hot, there actually are quite a few women out there who still don't see it. Blind, crazy, idiotic, probably very lonely women... but still. So yeah, he qualifies as a candidate for WPHS, I think.

Oh, I'm not going anywhere.

Unless Lex calls, in which case... have a nice life, bitches!

Adz, I might have to steal that one. Just beautiful, beautiful work.

Hee - between the comments and Ziggy's avatar, we all got Superman on the brain! So if Grissom is Clark (*dies laughing at thought of Grissom in tights*) and Sara is Lois (hey, 'tis a better choice than Erica Durance's version), then does that mean Ecklie is Lex? Mmmm... Lecklie.... *insert Homer-drooling sound here*

Hey, change "Sarah" to "Chloe"/"Lois", and that's Smallville-Clark in a nutshell. Right there.

I hate being on the east coast, and I hate you. *pouts* And apparently I'm not the only green-eyed lass here, so I think you're going to have to spill the beans, Zig. Before we get down to some serious hurtin'.

And now, before the mods or Sarah spank my Lex-lovin', Smallville-pimpin' ass, some GSR:

Me too, GSRHappy. I would far prefer that the show refuse to have them touch until their first/last kiss in the final Grissom episode than go overboard with the GSR. I liked this ship back when you had to infer basically everything, including whether or not they were even into each other. As long as TPTB don't imply they're on the rocks or broken up or something, I'm happy to keep on inferring. It's much better than wondering if I accidently stepped on the remote and turned over to ABC.

Oh, I totally agree... if TPTB ever suggest that Sara was happy back then only because Grissom finally opened her glass coffin and bussed her one, I'll go medieval on their asses. However, I think it's clear that Sara's road to happy started after "Nesting Dolls"... you could see it happening by "Compulsion"; in fact, TWoP's sobell even made a comment in her recap about how Sara was getting her groove back. And I think that later episodes like "4x4" and "Committed" made it pretty clear that Grissom and Sara weren't together then. So as long as things didn't start until around "Grave Danger," I'm down with GSR being canon since the Season 6 premiere.

As for the hotel and sushi scenes-that-might-have-been.... you're all right, you know. I think the overt GSR we might have gotten last season would have made us all squee-mish... but it wouldn't have been as good a storyline. Think of it from a purely non-shipper perspective: watching it happen slowly would have really pissed off a lot of fans, claiming that it was too soapish/taking over the show/gross watching these two adults try to have a relationship/and so on and so on and so on. The way it actually occurred, it was like ripping off a band-aid: It happened, everybody screamed (albeit from different emotions), we all worked it out over the summer and were back at equilibrium by Season 7. It was a damned good way to handle it, purely on that basis alone.

I need to find this sushi scene... I'm going on your reactions only. YTDAW, you said?

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Since Hindsight Vision seems to be such a big topic right now with mystery's reveal of old spoilers, I thought I'd make a quick opinion poll about it.

7. jordan

jordan Rookie

For the wonderful poll, I said "I'm more miffed than disappointed - I would've liked those scenes, but I can live without them. Knowing that they were once there is pretty much the same thing anyway."

I'm not dissappointed that they cut the scenes, I can live without. I think that the way it was all shown on the show was pretty good, I enjoyed the flirting over the years. Would I have liked to see them?? Yes. Will I go get all pissy and bitchy because they were cut?? No.
    The way their relationship was played out on the show, in my opinion, was pretty good without the cut scenes. People probably would have gotten more annoyed if they cut scenes were on the show, anyway. Because I mean, I'm not gunna lie, half the world hates the idea of GSR. They woulda gotten all pissed off and it would be all we'd hear about in TV Guide for weeks.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I loved that scene too!!! awesome-and Ickly Ecklie say's "well she's all yours" she's a "loose cannon" oh, shut up-a--hole..... Grissom was awesome, and wondering why Cath, said "what are you going to do" and he didn't answer her ;)

[​IMG] at her house :p

I'M LISTENING she was so awesome in this scene!!!

On the poll- "not at all" subtle, is cool, makes you want more!!!

9. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Finally a poll! I picked the first option. Ya'll only talking about the Gum Drops and the Sushi scenes right? anyways....

Well if i was right i'll stick with my answer. The "Gum Drops" scene like everyone have said already it would of just been a pitty just to get laid excuse and they would of been alot of negative things said about it. Now, about the sushi scene i can live without but i would of loved to see it, though i just cant see it so early on in the season. Right now i just love how everything is going on. The subtle scenes they have the looks that he gives her. I love it...now im just waiting for a kiss.

10. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

Chose the 3rd one. Mainly because I think it's enough that we knew the scenes existed in the first place. Especially because now we know for sure that they planned to have Grissom and Sara together since the beginning of season six.

I would have liked to see them at first, but in retrospect, I like how it worked out. Definitely.

11. Sirius_Hope

Sirius_Hope Dead on Arrival

I honestly think that was one of the most emotional CSI episodes I've ever seen. My heart really went out to not only Greg, but the entire team. And addressing the GSR aspect. Who else thought that scene was HOT. At least I did. The look between those two was amazing, especially Grissom's eyebrow. :eek:

12. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

yeah, they are getting sexier. see? gradual... we got some GSR and it didn't take away from Greg nor was it out of place. perfecto. yeah, this episode had me on the brink of tears.

13. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I loved tonight's episode. It was emotional, intense and overall very good. Loved the GSR scene. There was something very sexual about that scene. And yeah the eyebrow was sexy, like if he had already kind of wrestle with her and didnt wanna go there no more :lol: :devil:

I feel like i've been soo spoil with all these GSR scenes in this past episodes that im gonna want and wait for a GSR scene in each episode.

14. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

This post is about tonight's episode, and it's too long to put into a spoiler box, so I'm giving everyone an AMPLE SPOILER WARNING NOW...

Hot bloody damn.

That's four - count 'em, four episodes in a row where CSI has been absolutely and completely gripping. See what a little competition will do for ya?!

Another episode that didn't go completely according to formula. This time we pretty much knew who was doing the beatdown right from the beginning, and really, so did the CSIs - but they had to gather the evidence and put names and faces to those shadows. Nice work; I felt like I was walking each step of the investigation with them. The pacing was great - the hour raced along, and yet I felt like there wasn't a single character that I didn't get to see, or didn't get to see enough of. Nice use of everybody. Kudos.

Damn good characterization this time around too - and the best part about it is that we're getting so much of it, and we're seeing those investigators as people in a way that hasn't been on screen since the beginning of the series... and yet, they're not going outside the workplace to do it; even Catherine's storyline, personal as it was, was very much rooted in the following of a crime and gatherine evidence in one way or another. Anyway, we got another wealth of it in this episode as well.

I was spoiled for this episode - I stopped reading spoilers around 7.6 - and, you know, for once I think it worked in my favour. Knowing that Greg was getting a beatdown from the Animal Farm later on in the episode made Doc Robbin's recounting of the vic's wounds that much more dreadful. The editing during the actual beatdown was very well done - you felt like you were right in the middle of it, and yet there wasn't a truly graphic scene in there. But it was Greg, and that just made it worse.

Don't shoot me, Geek Lovers, but the Sandle scene was... really sweet. Sara looked so heartbroken - Jorja Fox really brought it. And Greg was so focused on the evidence, and in pain, and yet - well, Eric Szmanda has always played Greg as having a special rapport with her. Their chemistry really sold this scene, and made me realize that I've missed the kind of interaction they had in Season 5. In fact, if GSR hadn't been my first love, I think I coulda been a Sandler, no problem. Ah well - sure ain't tradin' in the GSR now, but this scene definitely made me think about what could have been. I hope we get to see these two interact more in future episodes.

And wow - did anyone see Greg as a "reluctant Mama's boy"?! Was that in the spoilers? At any rate, freaking ADORED how the writers took an aspect of Sanders that has been played up for years on the show - the fact that he was never into sports, despite being somewhat robust and not exactly coming across as a computer nerd or anything of that ilk - and came up with a reason for it. Amazing that he'd never told his parents he was out of the lab - and he looked so afraid, thinking about how his mom was going to react. And then later, watching the other mother weeping over her son - who freaking wrote this episode, anyway? All hail the writer! We're not worthy! And Eric Szmanda - my hat is off to you, sir. Damn fine job.

The other characters were great, too. Sara owned this episode... first being all sweet and thoughtful and sympathetic with the female victim, then putting the smackdown on that piece of canvas, then getting all verklempt over Greg, and the end scene - but we'll get to that. And the look of grief on Grissom's face when he walked into the hospital room and saw Greg totally got me. I thought he handled it wonderfully too - just listened to Greg talk, took everything in, was gentle and supportive and helpful. Totally ironic that the man finally learns how to be a supervisor now that he's schtupping a subordinate, huh?

Once again, Nick was totally in character - I have to say, it's really nice to see a character like Nick, who is so open and emotional and yet very much a man's man, and George Eads has such tight control over what he does - loved that look he gave once the Animal Farm showed up at the crime scene and dissed the victims. Then there's Warrick, who typically keeps his cool and yet manages to smack down Napoleon the pig anyway. I know that Gary Dourdan gets a bad rap for acting, especially in a cast of this caliber... but I thought he did a really good job this episode. And Brass with his list of "P"s was... perfect. Even Sofia, lazily chewing on the toothpick as she acidly listened to the two bozos who tried to cash in on the crime spree.... it was like there wasn't a single wasted action in this whole episode; every detail added to the plot or the characters or the themes. Just amazing. Again: who freaking wrote this script?

And man, I don't know if someone's been sneaking tamales or jalapenos into the water supply or what, but did everyone look absolutely smokin' hot this episode, or was it just me? My jaw dropped when I saw Grissom in the beginning - guess this is William Petersen's major weight-loss debut, huh? Somebody spank me! And while I always think Sara looks beautiful, she looked totally babelicious when kicking the crap out of the canvas. Nick never looks bad, of course, and when he goes all woobie (thanks, Smallville!) and emotional he's just that much more delicious.

And Warrick always make me salivate, of course... but when he purposefully strode away from Napoleon the pig, telling Nick now, boy, you know you can't do that through that glint in his eye? Homina homina homina.... And Greg looked so sweet and boyish and innocent in that suit, especially when he got all excited about getting to be primary, even if it was just to pick up a sweater.... *sniff* Aw, damn, Greggo, you broke my heart. And Sofia looked beautiful, I thought, when she and Brass talked to the bozos the first time, when they'd claimed to have been robbed. She looked a bit tired, and it was a good look for her - made her softer, somehow.

Finally: Locker Room Scene = LOVE. Has it really been "Unfriendly Skies" since we got that kind of interaction? Loved how we didn't know Grissom was there until the very end - it was like they were all freely talking because he was absent, then you realize that no, he really was there, and they've just jelled as a group like that and he's totally a part of them now. Thought that everyone's views on the matter were completely in character... except that I might have expected Grissom and Sara to say what the other one said, and I loved how that underscored what's going on between them without even having to hint at it, really. Ah, but it wasn't quite perfect... if only Greg had been there.... :( *sniffs again*

And nice freakin' twist on the "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" schtick and how everyone parrots it even though it's utter bullshit. So glad the show finally came out and said that. All those tourists coming to Vegas to get wild... and the horrible way kids get raised today... it was a disaster waiting to happen, really. Nice juxtaposition with the culprits waiting to get booked as the CSIs were lamenting the state of society. Those kids looked so bored... frightening, truly frightening.

Other thoughts:
    ---"Are you volunteering?" Yowza! Feel the heat!
    ---Aw, Nick - totally destroyed by the beatdown of his lovah! You smack up Kevin Federline, Nick! Nobody fannysmacks your boy... unless it's you!
    ---Grissom working the teacher mojo again with Hodges. Think there's a theme here somewhere?
    ---Catherine, you've got your faults, but I will always love how you manage to put an obnoxious suspect/witness in his/her place. Your comments on the bag (both of them; heh) were awesome.
    ---"Mickey Mouse club" - Brass, have my babies. Please.
    ---Liked the man that Greg saved, and that he told him to come around for a barbeque once he got better... especially since the scene with the mother and the dead assailant came right after it. Good God, somebody tell me NOW - who freaking wrote this episode?! I gotta know!!!

Wow, this was totally - this was classic, old-school, Season 1 CSI. All this, and "Alter Boys: Redux" next week too? Man, I haven't been so freaking excited for a season of CSI since... God, ever. I'm telling ya - CSI is bringing it. I am getting down on my knees and thanking God that Grey's Anatomy went up against CSI this season; I don't care if the show gets its ass royally kicked in the ratings all friggin' year. I'd far rather a #2 show of this kind of calibre than a #1 show that's completely and utterly MEH.

15. Dharma

Dharma Dead on Arrival

Nice GSR tonight. Looking forward to next week's interactions. Sounds like it's going to be pretty philosophical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.