Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require a Pay Raise

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Re: Gil <3 Cath #24: Kissing Her Doesn't Require

Aww you're all so fast. I re-watched Table Stakes cuz of our discussion last time. So now I gotta fast forward to Gentle Gentle. And yes omg! the icepack scene is a perfect GC ep! ;)

Again if youre all watching Grey's, you might want to check out CSI
    Cuz again a .0001 second GC scene was featured in the promo for Fannysmackin'. :lol:

2. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I saw this little blurb in today's USA Today in the preview of tonight's CSI: "We're not watching CSI for K-Fed, Cirque du Soleil or talking corpses, so knock off the tricks and give us back the show we've come to love"

All I can say is "AMEN to that!"

Now - gentle, gentle: I like how we see for the first time where Gil is truly vulnerable - the death of a young child. We already know that Cath has a hard time with these cases, but it's great to see TPTB allow Gil to show that vulnerability here too.

3. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

that's one of the nicer comments i've seen about the recent changes by the press.

oh gentle gentle. great ep. gil and cath in parental mode. you see how hard a child's death is on gil. maybe it's because he can't let his daughter know she's really his??? :p

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Hottie, told you you should have come back more often. LMAO. And coolc, be careful what you wish for. Personally I'm not into that idea, but who knows what TPTB are going to do if they knows about it? :lol: Ah Gravy, thanks for the tip. I'll check as soon as I can. LOL.

Gentle, Gentle is a great episode. Then again, almost each season one episode can be considered great. There are only a few that I don't really like, but I don't dislike them, either. I just think they are okay. Anyway, one of my favorite scenes has got to be...yes, the icepack. :D When I was watching that scene for the first time, I was like "wow, he really lets her do that do him?" That's a quite intimate gesture in a show like CSI, and I was totally in awe. Very swett. Hehe. My other favorite scene is when Catherine and Gil walk the mother out of the station. It's like they are trying to protecting her. And of course, it never fails to make me giggle when our couple go into parenting mode. :D

Cap:

[​IMG]

5. coolcatz

^not touching that one with a ten foot poll on this board.

6. csigrillow

csigrillow Lab Technician

But I want to see what you would come up with for that cap :lol:
    We got a whole 56 seconds of GC tonight! I posted the clip over at BTA.

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

[​IMG]

Catherine: See Gil? This is what I do to people who film me when I'm engaged in activities.

8. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Erica..it's about time. :lol: I'm just kidding. :D

I'm about to watch it so :p Tell me what happens! :D:D

^love the cap, anne.

9. coolcatz

um, i have a technical question...are marg and billy still not allowed eye contact on the show?

great cap anne.

so how about the scene in gg where cath tries to stop the mother from finding the baby?

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Oh jeez coolc, I didn't think you'd have a hard time capping it here...NOT! :lol: It's just fun to tease you like that. Hehe. Anne did a good job, though. I still wonder what cap you'd have given if it weren't for the PG-13 meter. :devil:

Wow, we got almost a whole minute of Cath and Gil in the same scene? That's rare now, isn't it? Shall we award TPTB for that? :D

I just recalled one more scene from Gentle, Gentle, you know, when Gil finds the baby. His looks so lost at the moment. :( When the mother loses it and starts running to her baby and Cath tries to stop her, it's just heartbreaking. I love that scene.

Anoter cap?

[​IMG]

ETA: LOL coolc we we are talking about the same scene. :D We have "mo qi". :lol:

11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

[​IMG]

Gil: Yes, this is Gil Grissom. I believe a videotape of mine may have accidentally ended up in your possession. I was wondering if you could have...ah...you've seen it.

Gentle, Gentle was a great episode. I loved the look on Catherine's face as she watched Gil with the baby. She knew how much pain he must have been feeling.

12. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Another technical question: Are they even allowed to talk to each other any more, or do they have to run it through Brass first?

More GG thoughts: I like Cath asking Gil if he thinks the mother is still innocent. He avoided her question, as usual. I like at the end how they both support the mother as they're ready to face the media. Gil doesn't shy away or pass it off this time.

13. coolcatz

yes, e, mo qi we have in this thread.

that is the scene. cath tries to stop the mother, to prevent her from seeing something no mother should have to see.

14. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Just a little bit spoiling, but I'll still put a spoiler tag since it's not 10pm west coast time yet. ;)

kay, I just saw the scene and no, I don't think Cath and Gil are even allowed to talk to each other directly anymore. What a shame. LOL. But I guess that's what TPTB have to do to get rid of the NATURAL chemistry? I have to say that they're not succeeding, though. The chemistry is still there although it was a short scene and although they weren't even looking at/talking to each other. It's just there everytime they are in the same scene...correction, even when they're not in the same scene (The Finger, Cross-Jurisdictions, Jackpot etc.) because it's NATURAL.
    Great cap, Anne. Here's one more for you guys:

[​IMG]

15. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

ROFLMAO! I loved this one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.