Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

I know how you feel. Don't tell anybody, but I've actually been writing more Star Trek fic than CSI. <hides> It's quite odd, I appear to have a CSI-dar. Naren Shankar was a story editor for TNG (my faaaavorite one) and now she's a writer/producer for CSI. I seem to have this weird fascination with short bald men in space. Thrall II is up, though, and I want you to read it. But you have to read the original Thrall first. Kay, Zigs? If you read Thrall I-III (III not even close to done yet), my life will be complete. There's GSR out the wazoo.
    <seizure>

2. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Damn straight I am.

I made Adzix speechless. WIN!

You're a total hottie. Just like Sarah. Grissom would do you both. At the same time. Then leave room for Zigs. *cough*

Naww. I heart you guys. (But again - DAMN STRAIGHT! And no, I'm sorry but I can't take back the above comments)

Fear the Canadian Jewish Mafia. PH33R!

PM me the details and I'm so in.

Wait...I mean about the, uh..never mind.

So very, very true. Which makes him more like Clark Kent with his spidey senses tingling, trying to talk to Lois but being distracted by people screaming on the other side of town.

Zigs is so going to kill me for using these Superman references. Just wait. "LC IS MINE!" she'll scream.

Totally. But although it would have been their first time having sex, it wouldn't have been as if they weren't in a relationship already. Otherwise Grissom may have gone all McDreamy on Sara the next morning (rather than sitting drinking coffee calmly while she parades around in a skimpy hotel towel) crying "What does this mean?". They would have needed to have built that emotional intimacy already to achieve that level of comfort, even if it was the first time they'd experienced that level of physical intimacy.

I definitely read it as the foremost there. Of course at that stage we didn't know they were together, but still. I'm certain that was how it was supposed to play out (mainly because I don't think anyone knew they were meant to be together, TPTB especially/included)

Oh, and Adz? You have to be a member of YTDaW to see the spoiler section (in order to go find the sushi scene) in case you wondered.

3. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

i agree. i read it as a 'wtf did he just say, that was weird' expression rather than a 'my god does he confuse me' expression. but regardless, they were obviously together by that point, so maybe she was just suprised he was making remarks like that at work. dont know.

and i agree, if he'd came over, as it was originally scripted, id have thought it more a pitty lay too. and a bit out of character. its so much better the way it happened. it seemed more real and meaningful and comfortable, and secure. rather than a randy boss coming over and them getting it on. no, i think its much better the way it went.

and i would have liked to hear grissom say that line about when shes mad with him, it makes him feel closer to her, infact id have LOVED it. cause hes hardly ever deep, but im glad in the context it didnt happen and everything happened like it did. but still, id melt if he did say something similar to this, this season.

4. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

Shut up. You're just jealous of Corriville and Corrivania's coolness factors. And I may indeed join you for the debate.. I need to call admissions this am and see if they'll let me hand deliver my hs transcripts. I'll get back to you.

God, I hope it's not a spoiler, dude. Forget you and your twitching, I'd be DYING if I was forced to watch that atrocity. As completely adorable as G and S are, I really don't ever want to see something like that.

No, Malcolm and I are MUCH cooler than Ross and Rachel. I could just never ship those two.. I prefer more. *cough* grown up couples. From the G to the S to the R, shizzle nizzle. And don't worry, Emma will not be subjected to any hideous dancing. She was just given new toys today so she's distracted from life anyway.

*big hugs of solidarity back* Those big ugly navy boxes are not our friends! We will ignore them and life will go on as it were! *composes anthem*

I'm still spoil-free though! whatever my reasons may be, I'm still sans-spoilers. So there. You're just jealous that you can't be as lazy as me.

OH! OH! OH! You too?! *excited face* Smallville fills me with canon-violating glee!!! Michael Rosenbaum is one of the hottest beasts on Earth. I saw him once at a restaurant downtown and he was so SO sexy. *drools*

*sniggers* Ooooh, you're a bad lady. *throws self in front of the children next door in hopes of saving their lives*

Ooooooh, I heart TNG with all of my being. But I'm pretty sure Naren Shankar has a willy, dahling.

Well, I can't really keep you from having a complete life, now can I? I certainly would love to read. Is it over M rated, or can you link here?

LC IS MINE!

Okay, so here's a problem I am having: I'm TOO EXCITED to read this stuff. Seriously. I'm trying really really hard to focus and intake, but as soon as I read a sentence that sets me off all daydreamey about squee moments to come- I'm so gone. Sigh. It's a tragedy. Too much GSR on the brain, I say.

Sar, I may not be on MSN all day cause Corriville and Corrivania need my attention and my crap computer can't handle MSN+Sims at the same time, so I'll PM you once I've figured out the plaaaaaan. What time does the debate end? We could catch dinner at the pub or sushi place before CSI NIGHT if you want. Cause like. Sometimes we need to eat more than a potato.

Seriously, y'all, last time Sarah and I were so enrapt with our excitement of upcoming GSR goodness that we were incapable of feeding ourselves properly. We couldn't stop babbling and like, cook. So we nuked potatoes and then ate them. We're really cool like that.

5. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

*cough* yes yes very impressive. *turns around and CRACKS UP*
    *gulp*
    thanks a lot. and believe it or not i somehow made it without reading ANY other spoilers. yay.
    *DIES. of. orgasm.*
    i've got a new theory on that. well, look at this from another point. what if she smiled or pouted flirtatiously? that would very much imply that she knows what he's talking about (read: they made out). in other case, his comment would be pretty much OOC or simply weird. her reaction prevented us of almost knowing for sure that they are together. it would be just too obvious. but TPTB wanted WTG to be a surprise so they didn't allow such obvious scenes to air as we have in S7 when the relationship is established, the comments and looks are less ambiguous, and situation is clear.
    no you didn't.
    i can bet that you were looking for that picture all night. i just wonder if you found it. i think you did though.
    *runs away in panic*
    oh i am a member. i just never post there. didn't you know????
    yeah, that's exactly what i was talking about earlier. we need Grissom to SPEAK.
    LOL

6. Dharma

Dharma Dead on Arrival

Need. More. Geek. Love.

ETA: I know the writers are treading carefully to keep from crossing the line from our incredible quality drama to prime-time soapdom, but seriously, they are talented writers. It can be done and done true to the characters and the show. Just having it hanging out there like a white elephant in the room (at least for the viewers) is only going to take me so far.

We don't have to have GA-style knocking boots, but some real connections, physical and verbal (yes the eye sex is mighty nice, I admit), would really help, IMO.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree on the Grissom speaking point. I cant remember a situation gris clearly expressed himself to anyone, especially not to sara. He does the *work* with his eyes but you know what that is soo not enough. One can misinterpretate certain looks and gestures very easily or just sees what one wants to see. When it comes down to speak his mind in more private matters or matters of the heart gris is like locked up inside its sometimes unbearable. I am a little bit tired of looks and smiles, come on guys we need some action, just a tiny bit pleasse!!
    Sara seems to have less problems saying whats on her mind, remember the *always overtalking around you* speech?! I think that after all this chasing around eachother, this exchanging special, sometimes flirty sometimes angsty looks its time for laying the facts on the table.He is obliged to stick his claims and make a statement. I wanna know where he and sara exactly stand. I am a very romantic person and hope we will see some romantic AND NOT SOAPYNESS ,cause that ist totally different from romantic, moments between them.

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well she does play tennis.

But I'm not a hottie. I'm a bizzare Western European/Latin American mutt. I have no homeland! I am a sad nomad.

Hee. Rhymes.

American. You can take my pronounciations and under-use of the letter "U", but you'll never take my spirit!

I know Zigs is going to say this, but I will too. Clark Kent doesn't HAVE spidey sense. Because he wasn't drawn by the KICK ASS Stan Lee. Okay, Zigs wouldn't say that part. But Malcom and I are Team Marvel and she's team DC. And we're going to rumble.

*Snort.* But who would find her black lacy panties and tack them to the corkboard? WHO?

I think the only way they could escape a cheap sex accusation is if they were in bed together in the morning scene, but CSI wouldn't have made it THAT obvious that fast.

By that I mean awake, together, cuddling. Not, like, both of them "When-Harry-Met-Sally" wide-eyed and afraid to look at each other.

We didn't know they were together, but there were definitely rumblings because of TOYD feeling just a little *too* comfortable. And so the whole mouth-to-mouth comment felt strangely open for Grissom and far too out-there flirtatious. In any event, I really liked that their roles reversed in season 6, which was probably the best indicator that they'd been planning this all along. And now that we have the spoilers from those episodes from last year, we can tell that scenes were cut that would've made it FAR more obvious, but that the actors were still aware of what was being planned even if they didn't know the exact scene until 4 days prior.

Or even, "Uh-huh, stud. That was pointless. Just get to work."

And that's the other thing. They would've been having sex on CSI's dime (the hotel rooms) and on CSI time, technically. And Greg could've woken up at any point and seen he wasn't there. And given the Invisible Person who Watches All GSR Interactions and Gives Said Interactions to Investigators and Lawyers, they probably would've been 'seen' if it was necessary to some dramatic plot point.

Also? Because perhaps he didn't stop Sara and Sofia yelling at each other because it was turning him on. lol.

Grooviness. Let me know if/when you'll be on campus and we can skip through the fountain or something. I have a lot of free time after Fiction.

And she's BEAUTIFUL and VERY GOOD.

LAZY.

Mm-hmm. Ogre Legs.

let's double-date George Stroumbolopolous and Michael Rosenbaum. We can flip a coin.

I don't know WHAT you're talking about.

And a VERY soothing voice. He and Sanje Gupta should do a book-on-tape together. Sanje can fill it with medical information and Naren can make it easy to listen to. With his soothing, soothing voice.

They were excellent potatos, though. Chock full of potato goodness. And cheese. Mmm. Superstore cheese.

But yeah - my card has literally broken, so I'm not going to be able to go out. The debate ends at 6. I have class till 5:30, though, so I don't know if I want to blow it off in lieu of the debate. They might be impeaching the president of the student society, so it's pretty important.

Nuked potatos are better than baked potatos cuz they get weirdly squishy.

Agreed on that. If she'd looked happy like she did back when he said "Why need the paper - I have you" then they're definitely not together. If she rolls her eyes or sighs impatiently, they are. Because the idea of kissing him isn't brand-new and exciting.

yeah - kind of like how Season 6 felt "dull", yet looking back you realize there were enough quality episodes on the whole for it to be pretty decent, I get a good feeling we'll look back on the first half of season 6 and go, "For this we were saying there was too much?"

That final speech, though... I mean, he's telling her how he wants to die and what things he would do if he was dying. For someone who spends so much of his time around corpses, that has to be a pretty big deal. So... I liked that that was how it was revealed. Not a make-out, not a post-coital, just the two of them sharing their opinions.

9. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

WHAT? Am jealous. Did you see him with or without hair?

I think what I liked best about this scene is that they basically were saying they loved each other, without saying it. He says he wants time to say goodbye to the people he LOVES and she says she isn't ready to say goodbye to him. He smiles with delight. It was perfectly done in my opinion. Besides, if we had gotten some elaborate make out scene, it would have been overload for people who are grossed out or opposed to Grissom and Sara as a couple. It's a much better idea to gradually ease them into it.

10. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I could not agree more greenplastic !
    I thought this was so well done and thought through.
    The show has always been done with sutle acting - especially by WP & PG.
    As has been said it was showing a adult, mature relationship not teenage mush. It also is a good omen that they will deal with the on going relationship the same way and not have cliched plot lines.

11. theatresporter

HEY. *glares*

Oh I totally did.

Yes, I found it, and quickly/easily - 'cause I'm cool like that. Nice sunnies.

That just reminds me of a line couplet from Imagine Me & You

RACHEL: She's gay?
    HECK: As a tennis player!

Not that I'm saying you're gay, Adz. That's just what the lines are. That movie is cute. Now go back to your regularly scheduled drooling-over-WP.

I still haven't seen you yet, darling. But I'm sure that's all lies. And I hadn't seen Adz at the time of making my claim. Which was of course my point.

You are so Canadian by now, girl. You're as much a Canadian as Russell Crowe is an Australian.

The only thing that stops me from being on Team Marvel is LC with Dean and Teri. But at the same time I wouldn't place myself on Team DC. So there you go. Can I ref' the rumble?

Catherine, of course.

And what do you mean about CSI never making a couple so obvious as to have them in bed together? Hello CSI: NY! (not that I watch it...this is what I hear)

They would have had a peep-hole looking into their room, Psycho-style. And I just had a visual of Greg waking up with Grissom not there, going to have a shower, and being stabbed to death Janet Lee-style. Oh how I'm sure that boy can scream.

Anyway, I'll agree that season 6 was definitely different for GSR. Grissom was doing more of the 'chasing' as such - any comments Sara made were more 'You can take this or leave it, but I'm sassy and awesome' (case and point: Gray hair).

Now, part of the reason I like the thought they didn't get together until later in the season (while I'm still inclined to be on Team Not-Before-TOYD) is because after ND/Committed, Sara made this big turn around from her old self - becoming more self-confident, more stable, and generally happier. I like the thought she did all that on her own, because if she didn't, there's always going to be that argument that Sara only pulled through and improved demeanour-wise because she was knockin-boots with Grissom. Which begs the question how she would cope without him. Is he a crutch of sorts? And in that - because he would have been the one making the move around that time, does he see himself as her protector?

I don't think this is necessarily the case, but - I do (as I said) like the thought she became her own woman, gained all this strength and stability and happiness within herself, and then things happened with Grissom. Because at that point, while she still loved him, and while she's always loved him, by that stage she didn't need him. She didn't need his approval or his support, unlike in the past. She could take him or leave him. Which possibly made her more attractive to Grissom - confidence being key and all that (though there also being the fear that it may be nearing 'too late' as Sara threatened in her PWF speech) - but mainly it made her more ready. I do think people need to be okay within themselves, on their own, to be really ready for a relationship together. That's why in the AA recovery process/12 Steps you're not supposed to date (and no, I am not insinuating Sara has a drinking problem. Sigh)

So it feels better to me in this way. I don't know about the rest of you.

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

And the WAY that he said it, and that she assumed he was talking about her suggests that he's already used the "three words" and they're in the "Of course we do" stage.

I liked that his smile was just very... satiated. Like it was a nice little reenforcement that she loved him, that she wanted to be with him, but wasn't a revelation.

No, no, TS - I meant that someone would see him entering her room. Not that Ecklie would have a camcorder set up on the nightstand or something. I wouldn't put it past him, but still...

ETA

Anyhoo, because last time there still wasn't a lot of GSR activity on the boards, and because the fact that we were nominating got buried under the TV Guide article, I figured I'll open up the nomination topic NOW, and we won't, of course, start voting until a couple pages down anyway - but if you want to shout out an idea in your post, go ahead.

Also, because I have accidentally left out ideas before, if you could bold it in the text, that would be love.

13. theatresporter

Which is, of course, what we were supposed to glean from the scene in the first place.

I know what you meant, lol :p And yes of course they'd have it so someone was having a motel stake-out to make sure the CSIs didn't get into any mischief while they were staying together out of town. And in all seriousness, I would have loved to see how that might play out. I guess we may find something similar happening this season with them being secret lovahs.

Oh, and Zigs? Stfu about being spoiler-free, lol. After all you gave me over the summer...I was going through my old PMs just now? I found this one from you:

*weeps*

ETA: New thread titles?
    - Secret Lovahs
    - There's always room for sushi

And I'm sure I'll think of more as time goes on.

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Agreed.

Though mystery and Gibby said that they didn't expect the "I'm not ready..." part to be a little more "I have my own plans" rather than, "I want to be with you till the end". Which, I think we can agree, is somewhat more preferential. lol.

Okay... thread titles... thread titles...

1) First Blush
    2) Veggie Burger = Love

I dunno... we might get something tonight as well. (that's not a spoiler, just speculation).

ETA

Discussing or nominating thread titles is not considered part of your three lines of posting, and since we have SO much to talk about this season, I don't think it'll be too hard to flesh it out. If your thread title comes with an explanation, like you want to describe why you liked that particular line/scene, that's all good, but we got into a lot of boring back-and-forth in previous threads for 100+ posts, and it is hard for a new poster to come in and try to talk.

Not getting moddy, just an FYI.

15. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

totally. it was a satisfying ending. i loved it.

especially since he was been open with her, which apart from occasional comments, hints and flirting, we've never really seen. face to face anyways. i thought it showed good development. also it showed how comfortable not only with the relationship he was, but with her. and we know for grissom, being open, its not something he finds easy, letting people in like that, emotionally, so it shows his huge amount of trust he has in her. even with lady heather, i felt like grissom had a front, like he wasnt being himself, like he was hiding something...but with sara, it seemed so genuine, and tender and sweet. it was adorable.

also if given the choice beforehand, i would have prefered a sex scene with a morning after scene, to a bed convo scene.

but thats the good thing about reflection, id have hated it now, looking back. people would have reduced the whole thing to something shallow.

lust not love, meaningless. he couldnt wait to get into her knickers. he didnt do it properly, he didnt date her first, he had no respect, he went there for sex, with her. it seemed like if it had went the alternative way, it would have seemed cheap, and like it was all sexual, no substance. no real feelings.

luckily the saving grace might have been the morning after scene, if they were comfortable and talking about the case rather than mumbling and avoiding eye contact. but still, it would have been worse, and people would have bashed the ship. but with the finale. its hard to knock it, other than for personal preference, cause it seemed so real. which i love.

that was an awesome scene i thought, i think it might have been you, might not have been, who said if that had been Catherine or Ecklie-she'd never have done that. she wouldnt even have cared. but with Grissom, regardless of him being the boss, shes in there throwing her weight around, and we all know if it had been anyone but sophia, she wouldnt have cared, it was personal, and it showed, you could tell she was jealous, but it was cute, cause she was mad but she was calm at the same time, like rational almost.

its funny cause it was a big role reversal i felt. she was in the driving seat there, he felt the vulnerable one, and for a long time, sara occupied that seat. but beyond that, it just showed such a difference in shopia and sara. and sara actually came out of it well i thought.

she was vocal, and forthright, but she seemed strong, and articulate, and TOGETHER. meanwhile, shopia was emotional and broken, a bit of a wreck. and i think grissom likes strong intelligent, women. so i think more than him been turned on by her fighting over him (which i know was a joke), i think he was turned on by sara, and her reaction, and the way she dealed with it. i mean it was HOT. boy would i not want her messing with me. the way she says 'i can reccomend a departmental psychologist'. haha i love that scene.

any my final comment, about the year of grissom. i feel like since hes acting like a love sick puppy this season, we will see insight into grissom, especially what with it been potentially his last season. and i think if anything would make WP reevaluate leaving, it would be the new dynamic in his character, from this storyline. or i hope i should say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.