Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Wow i never really did questioned weather Grissom knew or not about Hank cheating on her. I guess is because for some odd reason i thought he did. Dont know why now since....oh ok now i remember i think because in that episode right after they broke up Nick was trying to hook her up with one of his friends and since then i always kind of thought Grissom knew...you know since rumors fly around the lab about Sara and Grissom i just kind of thought he knew but now i dont know :confused:

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

If you were Sara, would you have wanted Grissom to know? Nick and everyone else may have just been told that they broke up, and they could sense that she was upset about it. I do love that scene with Nick, btw. And wasn't Archie supposed to try to hook Sara up? Oh well. lol. Anyway - yeah. I don't think I'd want someone I like to know that I was the girl on the side. The problem is that either Sara was cheated on - and then she wasn't good enough, or she was the cheat-ee, and it's hard to explain how you didn't know you were the scarlet woman.

3. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I see your point, but now that they are in a relationship and they been together for a while they had to talk about their previous relationships Dont you think?

(And yeah Archie was suppose to do that too and i was upset they didnt show it!)

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

thanks ts ;) that's why i can't wait for something meaningful for him to say. it's the second thing on my wish list after a make out. okay, 3rd. shirtless grissom's first.
    and i think, that even though it resulted in less GSR scenes in S6 (we hardly keep up with the pace of GSR scenes in S7 when it's established), i think the way it's been finally shown to us was in the best possible way. that's why i can offically say something i'd never before think i'd say: i'm happy Gum Drops was altered.
    i beg for mercy. you didn't put it into a spoiler box so it's NOT a spoiler right??? please, please don't do that to me! besides it would be such a reference to LH like never.
    thank you *sobs in a corner*
    can i see this or is it spoilerish?

5. Dharma

Dharma Dead on Arrival

Greek gods are highly overrated. ;) Geek gods, however. Bring em on.

6. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

How about shirtless makeouts after a good ol' D&M? (NO. I DID NOT SAY S&M. Just because S and D are right next to each other on the keyboard...)

Well the thing is, all of us who have been around here since at least the LAST summer hiatus (between seasons 5 & 6) remember that season 6 was meant to be 'The year of Grissom'. I think that if Gum Drops HAD gone to plan, it would have been. And we would have got around about the same kind of stuff that they're giving us/planning for 7 back then. Thing is, they couldn't give us the year of Grissom without his togetherness with Sara to open him up. Hence why, I believe, they thought "Fuck it, we can hold off until next year and have everything go to plan (fingers crossed) and in the mean time, just pepper a few cute/WTF/angst scenes between out geeks across the rest of the 6th season, up til the end when we'll blow the audience's mind with eyesex and bad shirts."

And with a blown mind, we'll be very open minded (read: Steve Brady's wife in Toe Tags) for the whole of season 7 and the goodness it brings.

Like on Friends when Rachel and Ross sang Baby Got Back to Emma? Awesome. You're just jealous you and Malcolm aren't as cool as Ross and Rachel (wait 'til you two do the dance for YOUR Emma...*shudders*)

I think I may just be scarred for life if it were a real spoiler. I mean, singing Grissom is one thing, but this? Oh no no no.

Nah, it's not spoilerish. Though they do spell Sara with an H. *twitch*

7. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

i always assumed Grissom knew about the Hank situation, and i still do. although they never so much as had one discussion after the ep of him finding out, about hank, prior or after it ended. so it seems were meant to assume he didnt know or didnt discuss it. but i dont believe that he didnt know, people in that lab know most people's business. catherine knew, and even if she didnt directly tell grissom, she could have slipped up with anyone else, or hank could have talked to someone else at a crime scene, asked after her etc. ever notice since when they were together, he was the guy there prior at some of the crime scenes, but never after. well if he was prior, he probably was after. gossip gets round. i bet he knows. i bet though they never discussed it.

and i agree, apart from butterflied, and the odd comments here and there, and kinda the end of series 6, we havent really got many in depth discussions, him talking to her about what she means to him. although we know, id still love some in depth scenes, even though that seems inconsistant with grissoms character, i dont care, love opens you up.

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

lol. Yeah, and because Gum Drops, no matter HOW well played, would always have resulted in people saying, "It was a pity lay, and then he was stuck with her". With the ending they chose... how can you say it's a pity lay when he's happily fully clothed on her bed and talking to her about his life choices?

That's someone who's a part of your habitation, not someone you go to when the urge is too much.

And it sounds as though they were trying several different paths. Perhaps if Gum Drops didn't work out, then they'd show the buildup to a relationship, but I think (obviously without knowing) that it was more that at that point they didn't want to make a definite timeline if they couldn't show them finally getting together without taking too much away from the case.

In other words, that sushi bar scene pretty much tells us that they're not dating solidly yet. But Grissom is being VERY open with her, and the fact that he's interested, so we know they've probably spoken.

But he doesn't know where she eats, and she acts as if she's surprised he would seek her out.

The Bite Me scene that DID air pretty much inferrs that they've discussed their relationship and are moving towards sex.

So they may have just removed it because it conflicted.

As it was, the "This is per me" made it seem like, "I'm sorry - c'mon, I want you near me right now".

pas de spoiler. It's about them in general, not upcoming events.

I dunno... I guess I'd just prefer them not to do a Friends tee-hee moment in every episode, like with Ecklie in BTK2.

Tragically, as of right now, there is no plan to have Grissom being thoroughly spanked by Miss Sidle. No matter how much WP advocates it as beneficial medicine for all men.

I have a feeling this is going to be the year of GSR, no matter what happens at the end.

But yeah - I do get the sense that this is the "real" year of Grissom.

Serial killer cases and pedophiles are BIG things with him, as is a relationship, as are his migraines, as is his hiatus. This is definitely a Grissom-intensive year from what I gather in the spoilers.

9. GillianSGrissom

GillianSGrissom Witness

*is laying collapsed on floor with limbs splayed wildly about and twitching occaisionally* Too. . .many. . .spoilers!!

Umm, okay, now that we've said that, Yeah, I guess I'm glad they changed Gum Drops as well.

And Grissom getting spanked by Sara? *Loses self in image for a moment* That'. . .interesting.

We're horrible. Lol.

Gillian Sara Grissom

YAY GSR YEAR!

10. Sara_Grissom_Fan

well sara did join the mile high club didnt she? (lol)...i bet shes pretty wild in the bedroom-or more open. i bet they both are. actually i really cant imagine grissom been too wild in the bedroom. i dont know why, what with the eye sex scene between them, but for the life of me i cant. i bet hes really romantic with her at home. well thats what i hope of course.

since this is the year of gsr, this will probably be my favourite season of csi.

11. Dharma

Dharma Dead on Arrival

I can see him a little wild in the bedroom.
    Case in point:

Sara: Tape me up.
    Gris (to Katherine): I love my job.

12. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Well, I guess somebody has to post something for the non-spoiler folk, so I’m volunteering myself with my take on “Toe Tags.”

I have to say, I really liked it. I don't expect CSI to be a roller-coaster of excitement each week; I like getting slower cases sometimes, especially when they make some much-needed room to show our intrepid forensics investigators as real people. And we got lots of that this time... Catherine's grieving for Sam and Brass's sympathy... Warrick's phone call to his wife and Greg's outing himself as an Eagle Boy Scout... Nick and Sofia's disgust over the stupidity of their case and Nick's empathy for the wife... Sara's first impression of Grissom and Grissom's alarmed face as she came at him with the chainsaw. I don't want the "people" stuff to overpower the "forensics investigators" stuff, but I don't want the latter to crowd out the former either. So I liked the fact that the cases allowed both me and the characters to breathe.

I think the format of the episode helped with that. If it'd been only one or two slow cases, the episode might have felt like it was plodding along. But because there were four, each case was simple and straightforward and yet there was no wasted time. In addition, we got to see the CSIs methodically do their job even as they revealed parts of themselves as people.

Kind of like how we saw the dead people be... well, dead, yet they got to reveal part of themselves as well. I liked the "dead man speaking" technique; too often on this show it's easy to ignore the victim in favor of the investigation and the suspects & witnesses, so I liked that the thoughts and feelings of the victims were brought to us front and center this time.

That made the framing with Gil and the students work for me - at the beginning of the episode we viewed the bodies as the students did: bad-smelling puzzles on a stretcher... but at the end, we viewed them as Gil did: people who can no longer speak for themselves and need a medium, someone to champion their cause and seek justice and closure for them. I really liked what that said about Gil, and that it was shown to us through the technique of the episode rather than stated outright.

In addition, I liked how this episode established Gil as a teacher... doing a seminar for the students, a mention of his teaching past in San Fransisco, giving guidance to less experienced CSIs when they needed his advice (Warrick & Nick), gently making suggestions when required (no way Catherine would have ordinarily missed putting those fingerprints together; she's dealing with a lot right now).

Is this maybe setting something up for the future - a direction for Gil to go in when he finally leaves the lab (and William Petersen finally leaves the show)? That's spec, not spoilers - I decided immediately after the first episode that I was going spoiler-free again. Not because of GSR, but because I don’t want to know the cases if they’re going to continue to be this good. That’s right – Adzix, Ziggy, theatresporter, Gillian, my other spoiler-free friends… you are not alone. *hugs them in solidarity*

One last thing: I thought Doc's comment about whether or not Catherine would be found in Grissom's tub was very revealing metatext. Now you know I love the GSR - but they are supervisor and subordinate. So do I think that Grissom and Sara are doing something wrong? Yeah, I do - from a work perspective. From a personal perspective, I think they're doing something right.

And I like that moral conflict. Keeping them apart - aside from being personally unsatisfying and ruining a six-year-old storyline - would have been a dramatically barren choice. There's a lot more story potential to keeping them together like this, with the pin on that sup/sub grenade ready to be pulled at any moment....

So I was heartened by Ecklie's comment last episode (& the subsequent nervous looks), and by Doc's comment to Catherine that suggested of course she'd never be in Grissom's bathtub, 'cause she/he wouldn't go there. That suggests to me that TPTB are very much aware of the sup/sub factor, and don't plan to ignore it. And I hope very, very much that they don't. The sup/sub factor has GOT to be dealt with. There should be negative fallout from their decision, and they should have to deal with those consequences; that's real life.

And that doesn't bother me; I look forward to seeing that storyline pan out, actually. This is a workplace drama, after all, and how far employers and employees are willing to let their work lives dictate the parameters of their personal lives, especially in a dimension as fundamentally necessary to the human spirit as romance... well, to me that's something that all people have to deal with sooner or later, and something that's fascinating to observe. So I don't mind seeing it as a storyline here.

All in all... I thought that despite being slow-moving and simply plotted, it was a very meaty, moving, provocative episode.

Postscript: I have to say it… ordinarily, I just don’t really think of Greg/ES as being particularly hot… but in this episode? Rockin’ that stormtrooper helmet? Hauling himself up over the mountain in that T-shirt, muscles bulging in those forearms with that toothy grin on his face? Hel-looooo, Greggo! Come to Mama, baby!

That’s okay – I’ve been spending my time in Smallville. I can't help it. God help me, I’m Lexified. I believe that Michael Rosenbaum has developed his own strain of WPHS, naughty boy….

13. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Sure, you can mention the sites they come from.

PM me if you want some more info on this. :D

14. Sara_Grissom_Fan

yeah, which was basically what i think grissom was getting at in butterflied. the risks, professional risks. he knew that it would be frowned upon, since he was her boss, she'd taken his lectures, he was responsible for her etc etc. so for him to be sleeping with her, having a relationship with her....its not ideal. also that it could possibly result in the loss of one or both of their jobs, who knows, or a suspension, or nothing....if he got with her. thats probably 1 reason he held back after he realised his growing feelings. but im SO glad they got together. making work youre life isnt really a life at all. and hes already risked all hes worked for, for her, so i think two intelligent people are aware of these points, and regardless, are putting each other first. which is so damn cute.

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Thanks!

I just wanted to make sure.

YAY! IT'S A MISS DEE ESSAY!

Dear Lord, child, that's practically a one-liner for you.

Agreed. Toe Tags felt like an intermission in many ways - but mostly the fact that it was kind of the writers saying "Sometimes a brainless corpse is just a brainless corpse" - aka, we do get drop-dead (no pun intended) obvious cases now and then.

Completely agreed. This felt almost Season 2 in the way it dealt with things. And my WORD the continuity. Let's just have a moment for the return (if not invention) of CSI continuity.

Completely agreed. I mean, this is the real problem when they do robbery cases. A lot of the time, if the science isn't that good, you're stuck biting your lip and going, "But why should we really care?"

I'm not condoning robbery, I'm just saying it doesn't make for a "We gotta get these guys" story. Especially with movies like Ocean's 11 through 37 almost glamorizing the high-stakes robbery.

I think it was also showing, and Grissom illustrates this by telling us what "lesson" can be learned from each case, that all four were rather text book.

Kind of like when trying to solve a riddle, in this case, the more complicated they tried to get, the more they lost sight of Occum's Razor.

And I like when Catherine takes a breather and admits she's having a tough time dealing with it all. That sad moment reflecting on just how much Sam taught her, even mundane things like elevator superstitions.

Here's one GSR scene I think they missed the boat on that I would've liked - Sara watching him teach with a smile on her face, or him passing a look to her like "Remember when that was you?" when the girl starts asking questions. Just finding a way for Sara to be down there. Like, "Just checking on my DB" or whatever.

Though that may have been too "GET IT? DO YOU GET IT?" Somewhere Oliver Stone would've preferred that scene. lol. Anyway - I think perhaps her reminding him of their first meeting may have been all the inference we needed for that last part with the redhead.

PAH! Ziggy is spoil-free because she's too lazy to look, and ts is just ribbing me about dropping out of the spoil-free finale club ridiculously early last year. She's 100% spoiled.

Good way of putting it. Ironically, something that breaks work rules has made them better at their jobs. When was the last time we've ever seen Grissom acting like that much of a Supervisor?

I... disagree. I think there's a strong chance something might have happened between Catherine and Grissom pre-season 1. Call me crazy.

It reminded me of one of those movies where the characters are almost doing a play, barely leaving a handful of rooms, but when it's all over, you realize that a LOT happened in just dialogue.

And a FINE actor.

That would imply people didn't find him hot straight off the bat. And that is sacreligious, young lady. Lex Luthor is sexier than Clark, a former underwear model and card-carrying pretty boy.

ETA

I was debating as to whether I should post this. It was a silly drabble I did, I think, just before Way to Go, or just after. In any event, I found it in my fanfic.net "saving" folder and thought "What the hell?" and finally went ahead and posted it.

Be kind - it's a bit muddy.

Ramble - Rated G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.