The Find Her Series #1 ; Butterflied Again (G/S)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by saraXsullivan, Oct 10, 2006.

1. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

I don't know where I'm going to go with this, but so far, I think I'll make it into a series.. so right now, that's what I'm going with..

Title: Butterflied Again.
    Pairing: Grissom / Sara.
    Rating: I’m not sure.. nothing over T.
    Summary: The first time butterflies were involved, it got personal for Grissom. This time, the butterfly girl is alive, and it’s personal for Sara.
    Disclaimer: Put simply, I DO NOT OWN CSI.

Chapter One.

Grissom walked into the very white, and very small hospital room. He sat down in one of the wooden chairs that were at the foot of the bed beside Sara. Sara was sitting in another wooden chair, Grissom chuckled to himself as he noticed she had dozed off. He didn’t blame her, it had been a very long shift, and now going on double shift.

Gil looked outside the small window that had dusty, faded-green blinds on it. People down the street from the hospital were getting in their cars and heading off to their jobs after they had had a nice, long night’s sleep. While Grissom very much wanted a peaceful slumber, he was in work-mode and wouldn’t fall asleep until he got home.

The case that both him and Sara had been working on had consisted of a car chase, and pulling a kidnapped little girl, who was now sleeping peacefully in front of them, out of a car that exploded right before their eyes. Luckily, no one was hurt, except the criminal who had kidnapped the girl, but he had been killed during the car chase, because a police officer had shot him.

It was an adrenaline rush, especially for Grissom. He was scared half to death, they could see the smoke coming out of the car’s hood, Grissom tried to convince Sara to run the other way, but she wanted to save the girl. Sara had started running, then Grissom had no choice but to help her. They both ran to the car, and got the girl out. Sara ran, holding the girl in her arms, and Grissom ran behind them. They ducked down behind a police car just before the car blew up. As the car exploded, Grissom put his arms around Sara, and the girl she was holding.

Grissom looked over at Sara, she had small cuts on her face and hands from the debris. He looked down at his own hands, even more cuts than Sara had.

Sara’s head lifted, her eyes opened, and her eyes met Grissom’s. She looked around, then her expression turned apologetic. “I’m sorry, I.. I guess I’m really tired,” she said. She hadn’t slept at all the day before, her insomnia decided to show up at the end of shift yesterday, and so she couldn’t fall asleep. Sara knew that Grissom must have been tired too, because he had also stayed awake yesterday. He wouldn’t sleep until Sara had fallen asleep. No matter how much Sara tried to convince him to go to sleep, he wouldn’t until she was.

"Its fine,” Gil said and smiled.

Sara smiled back, then looked at the little girl sleeping on the bed in front of them. Grissom followed her gaze to the girl. He thought about all of the missing person cases he had worked on, almost all of them ended in finding the dead body of the person, but this time the girl was alive.

However, Sara’s mind was thinking something different, this girl was left alive, and depending on what the kidnapper had done to her, she would be left in a traumatic state. Her life would never be the same. Sara’s thoughts traveled to her childhood, then she quickly pulled out of it, reminding herself of memories definitely wasn’t going to help the case.

Still slightly in a daze, Sara said, “A whole week of searching her house, and we finally found her.”

Grissom glanced over at Sara as she spoke.

“What do you think she’ll do when we tell her that her kidnapper killed the rest of her family?” Sara asked, turning to Grissom.

Grissom sighed, and then answered, “Ask why it happened.”

2. CSIMarg

CSIMarg Witness

Good start. I can't wait to see what happens :rolleyes:

3. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

Hmmm, interesting start! Don't stop now!

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I agree, post more soon.

5. Steve_Jobs

Steve_Jobs Police Officer

Great kickoff!
    Please write more soon :)

6. melbel

melbel Pathologist

sweet

7. saraXsullivan

Sorry about the delay, my teachers like to give me essays, so I have to spend my creativity doing that. But I finally scrounged up a new chapter, after writing like each paragraph seperately. lol.

Chapter Two.

Everyone had been put on the case, and right now they were working the evidence, while Grissom and Sara waited for the little girl, Dani Feller, to wake up. The doctor said that she would soon, but for now, she was fast asleep.

Grissom glanced at Sara, who's head was resting on his shoulder comfortably. Her eyes were open, but she was clearly tired.

"You can sleep, if you want," Gil said to her.

Sara rolled her eyes, "No, I'm fine." She would never fall asleep willingly while she was working. Plain and simple, she never would. Workaholics were like that.

Grissom didn't bother to argue that she should take a nap, he knew he'd never win.

Sara got up from the chair and walked over beside the bed and looked down at the little girl. She had a butterfly, maybe drawn in eyeliner, beside her left eye. It was small, black, and cute. Sara chuckled to herself, then noticed the resemblance between her and Dani. Sara stared down at the little girl, she had long brown hair and a butterfly necklace around her neck.

Sara sat down next to Grissom again.

"What is it?" Grissom asked quietly.

Sara looked at him. "Nothing," she said and smiled.

Grissom knew that her smile was fake, and that something was wrong. "Sara," he prompted.

Sara rested her head back on his shoulder. "Yes?"

"What's wrong?" Gil asked.

"Nothing," she answered in a slightly higher pitch. That told Grissom she was lieing.

Grissom paused for a moment and considered dropping the subject, but then changed his mind. "Don't you trust me?" He asked.

Sara smiled, "Of course." She stared up at his crystal blue eyes. They shattered every time she lied, or kept something from him. So trusting, and so deep, they pulled her towards him and she couldn't help but stare into them. The first time she looked into his eyes, everything else in the world faded, except for him and her. Sara fell for him at the moment she looked into his eyes. They trapped and embraced her, and never let go.

Grissom got up from the chair, and looked at the little girl. He looked, hoping to see the same thing Sara did. He knew that they both saw the world differently, but right then he felt he saw what she did.

"She looks like you," Gil said finally, not taking his eyes off the girl.

Sara sighed, "Yeah."

At her voice, Grissom turned to Sara. Sara got up and stood beside him. She also looked down at the girl. Then, Dani Feller woke up.

When you looked down at her, you were immediately drawn to her eyes, they were a deep green colour, she had a small nose, and a very light skin tone.

Sara, you know she has your mother's eyes.

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Please continue soon :)

9. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

Awesome! Continue!

10. Mini_Catherine

Mini_Catherine CSI Level One

Yay Sara! Pretty story. I love how you talk about the eyes.. They're the most attractive part of a person, if you ask me. I like to do that, or hair colour. : D

11. Guest

Guest Guest

GREAT STORY! :D Can't wait until ya continue! :) I hope you do that soon :)
    Take care,, :)

L.

12. saraXsullivan

My writers block subsided enough for me to write a new chapter. : ) And Caution: this chapter references to a rape exam. and I read a lot of textbooks, so hopefully I wrote it right.

Chapter Three.

Dani's eyes glanced at Gil, then they turned their gaze to Sara, and didn't look away. Sara was staring back, holding back the surprised look on her face.

"Dani," Grissom started, "I'm Gil Grissom and this is Sara Sidle, we're from the crime lab," he said softly.

Dani's attention was immediately drawn to Grissom as he spoke.

"You were knocked out, that's why you're here," Sara said softly.

"Crime lab?" Dani asked quietly. "Is my family... dead?"

Sara couldn't believe how Dani could say it so simply.

"Yes," Gil said. "Do you remember anything from before you were knocked out?"

"No," Dani answered quickly.

"You don't seem too upset that your family is dead." Sara pressed.

"I'm adopted, I've only lived with this family for three months," Dani explained. Sara decided to stay away from that subject.

"Is it okay if a nurse collects an SAE kit?" Sara asked.

"..Okay," Dani said.

"Don't you want to know what an SAE-" Gil started.

"I know what it is," Dani interrupted.

Sara and Grissom looked at each other, how would she know? She was only 12. Then they both turned back to Dani.

Dani shrugged, "I read."

"I'll go talk to the nurse," Sara said and left the room.

~*~

When Sara returned, Grissom was standing outside Dani's hospital room, looking through the window in the door. Sara stood beside him.

"The nurse is on her way, she just has check on another patient," Sara said. "She's also going to take x-rays and I asked for a blood sample that we could send to tox."

Grissom nodded, "Good."

"Did she tell you anything else?" Sara asked, who watched Dani through the door too.

Grissom sighed, "No, actually, she didn't say another word after you left."

Sara shook her head. That was weird.

~*~

Dani's clothes were collected after she put on a linen gown. The nurse took a blood sample, then gave it to Sara, who put it into an evidence bag. Grissom stayed in Dani's hospital room while Dani was moved to a different room so the nurse could take the sexual assault exam kit. Sara went with the nurse, so she could collect the evidence found on Dani.

The room they were in was small and purple. The shade of purple matched the mood Sara was in. It was gloomy, and fitted how a victim might feel in this room. The memories that people tried to forget in this room, all of them came to Sara, not just her own, but everyone else's. Sara had always felt that way, for every case, she felt for the victims and could never let go of that, speaking for them and giving them justice meant everything. It was one of the reasons why she loved the job so much.

Sara took pictures of Dani's bruised chest and wrists. She also used the ultraviolet light, which showed her that for the two weeks that this guy had Dani for, he abused her a lot, and Dani had gone through a lot of pain that would never leave her completely.

The nurse checked for signs of trauma, Sara held her breath... maybe he hadn't...

When the nurse looked at Sara with mournful eyes, Sara knew her hoping had done nothing. Dani was sexually assaulted. The bed Dani was laying on had green sheets, that matched the gloomy shade of purple on the walls. The nurse collected nail clippings and scrapings and gave them to Sara. Sara also photographed and swabbed a bite mark on Dani's shoulder. After the nurse collected vaginal and oral swabs, Sara left the room, carrying the evidence with her.

Sara met up with Grissom back in Dani's hospital room.

"I'm going to take the evidence to the lab, get the samples to Greg then take a look at her clothes, are you coming?" She asked.

Grissom sighed then nodded. As they were walking out of the hospital, Sara told him about the exam.

"The nurse found signs of trauma and we found bruises which suggest chronic abuse."

"Poor kid," he managed to say.

"He had her for two whole weeks," Sara said sternly.

"And she was helpless," Gil added.

13. Mini_Catherine

Mini_Catherine CSI Level One

:( good update. Reallysad, but amazing imagery.

"Don't you want to know what an SAE-" Gil started.

"I know what it is," Dani interrupted.

Sara and Grissom looked at each other, how would she know? She was only 12. Then they both turned back to Dani.

Dani shrugged, "I read."

I love that! I died. Laughing. It was a happy die. :)

14. saraXsullivan

lol.

Thanks Mini_Catherine, that chapter took a long time to write. Guess I better start on the next chapter...

15. tigger_willows

tigger_willows Prime Suspect

This story is brilliant, well written. :) Keep up the good work. Can't wait for another update.

tigger_willows xoxo