Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

i think the age thing for grissom, was in his mind, something he was very concious of, for sara, not, but i think he had many other things holding him back other than age from being with sara. stuff he evidently thankfully overcame, when he put Sara above everything. but age didnt bother him with that blonde lady when he asked her out to dinner, and she looked probably around saras age, so that leads me to believe age wasnt the primary factor why he wouldnt date sara at first, because it hadnt stopped him before, it probably wasnt even in his reasoning. his responsibilities as her boss, his problems, and her recent break up etc, probably were, in his reasoning for saying no in season 3. but i think him being her boss....that was probably a big reason he held back, that and not being ready. he wasnt the boss of the others he dated, i think for someone like grissom, the prospect of being attracted to someone who you have professional authority over, it wouldnt feel good, and so therefore the idea of dating sara who used to take his lectures, and hes now her boss. thats a hard situation. a bit teacher/mentor. it was probably a lot harder for him to make that transition with sara because it probably felt wrong. he was probably conflicted towards sara for a lot of reasons, many are mentioned frequently in this thread, but i think he didnt want to take advantage of sara, or be taken advantage of. after BF-it was for sure fear that held him back till season 6.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I love "Suckers" in S/4 they were so in tune, and work so well, together, in the safe, just cozy and comfortable, and the banter is so awesome, they respect one another, and that's what comes through in this eppy ;) Grissom "And the con, goes on"

WHAT'S THIS

YA THINK

I BELIEVE YOU-MAYBE

3. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

It's funny you mentioned Suckers. I have been wanting to watch that episode for a while now. Maybe I will tonight.

But anyway, I agree that the age difference never really mattered with Grissom. It is more dating a subordinate AND someone you used to teach prfessionally. I agree that he didn't want others as well as himself to look at it as wrong. Not to mention, dating a subordinate AND student wouldn't be very good for his credibility as a scientist in the public eye. I think that was what he was getting at in Butterflied when he was talking about risk.

I don't think he has ever had any doubt about his feelings for Sara. I think he's tried to ignore them, suppress them, because of the fact the that she is a subordinate/student, but I think he has always known exactly how he felt about her. It was always doubt about how she felt about him, I believe. He didn't take her seriously up until now, I suppose. And because of that, he wasn't willing to risk his profession for something that might just be a fling.

4. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

cute pics, thanks desertwind :)

one of my fav scenes, is IE. its not my top fav. scene, probably in my top 5, maybe 10. ive loved a lot of scenes, but its one of them, because of the tension during and then the awkwardness after sara says about the promotion. the way she said she always overtalks around him, and her expression right after before she bolted out the door, lol, was so cute! :devil:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Sorry to totally steamroll everyone's posts, but when you see this spoiler, you'll see why I just kind of had to barge in and say this. lol.

According to mystery at YTDAW, there is no doubt that we'll get a kiss this season. SQUEE. That is all.

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

thank you so much jordan :D
    i agree to this as well. i don't even know where did this age theory come from, it was never mentioned by anybody. well, okay in BTK2 but not really, lol.

and also you made a very good point greenplastic saying that he wasn't risking only his job, but also all the all the alternatives to his job - teaching, consulting etc. so basically, everything.

to this i don't agree though. i don't think he was madly in love with her since cool change or SF. he flirted a lot in seasons 1 and 2 also slept with LH in S3. so i don't think he loved her then. he could've had a tiny crush though, but nothing serious. and then PWF came, where sara basically shows him all her present at that time feelings. right then by actually saying that he "doesn't know what to do about this", he admit there is SOMETHING there indeed. and i think he liked her in a way he liked Terri Miller and other women he dated, but he didn't love her. yet, lol.

during the S4-S5 i think his feelings grew and he realized that he could really care about her (Butterflied). in his speech right then, he doesn't say "someone you care about" but "someone you COULD care about". maybe he didn't want to reveal all his feelings in presence of Brass and admit he already care, but his speech seemed so honest that i doubt it. this leaves me with only one option - he likes her very much, he knows she offered herself to him, and that he would be able to love her if he ever have had an opportunity to be with her.
    i know it's probably a freakin' killer spoiler but i'm strong, i didn't read it and i don't plan to. now if anybody is going to refer to this outside of spoilerbox, i'm gonna borrow a chainsaw from Mr Leatherface and perform a little lifting for the guilty person. thank you, lol.

7. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

I guess what I meant was that he has always felt SOMETHING. And I think he has always been aware of it. No, not always love because I think love has to start from something anyway. I mean, Sara didn't always love Grissom. That had to start somewhere, too.

Scared of you. lol.

8. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

Oh man that just made my whole month!!! Its about time we got something! Sheesh... we've been waiting I dont know how long. Both of these people have gone all 6 years without any kissing scenes. Its about time. Thats all I have to say. I just wonder now what kind of kissi it is going to be and the context of it. Passion? Sweet? The world may never know... until it happens :)

9. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I just cant stop saying OMG OMG OMG!! If they do kiss i can die happy now!!!!!!

10. Dharma

Dharma Dead on Arrival

Re the spoiler... that rocks.

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

The age comment came from the fact that they made a big deal about Debbie leaving Dr. Lurie for a younger man, just like Sara gave up her crush on Grissom to date Hank.

Also, because Grissom heavily stressed the "young and beautiful" line in his speech.

I think people naturally assumed that age was one of the things that threw him off about the possibility. That she would get bored of him.

THIS is why it couldn't have happened until Nesting Dolls. Because I think it's more that he liked Sara, that like deepened to a kind of abstract fascination, but not until Season 4, I think, did he see her as an equal. As someone who actually physically LIKED him and was willing to BE with him.

And that was scary.

But he also seemed to really sit down and think about it. So it was a crush, but as time went on, I think as he began to see her as a real person (again, Nesting Dolls) rather than some kind of big metaphor for his age and his job, he did open up the door for "love", if that's what you want to define it with.

But mostly... I don't think two people can be in love if they're not together, or if they haven't been together.

So... fascination. Admiration.

Are you... are you sure? Cuz it's REALLLY good...

Mystery just confirmed that she's not screwing with us.

12. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Sarah, be nice :p

Adzix, I'm proud of you. I know how hard it is to go spoiler free with people teasing you all the time. *coughs and doesn't look at anyone in particular...*

Do you mean together as in dating, or together as in "together" (read: sex)?

I think friends could fall in love, but I don't know. We could go with the whole Cher idea and maintain you have to at least kiss in order to know :p (Great. Now I have that song in my head...*sigh*)

And guys, please remember to try stick to the 3 line posting rule, even if all you wanna do is squee (and no, 3 lines of squeeing doesn't quite count ;)).

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

No, no - not sex. I'm just saying that until you're WITH that person, until you spend some real time with them as a coupling, how do you know that you love them? I don't think that two adults sincerely love from afar.

Falling in love and being in love, IMHO, are different concepts. You can fall in love with someone from afar, but to be in love... I think that requires both parties.

And I don't think either of them was in love. Infatuated, maybe. But not in love.

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

uh huuuuuh, now i get it. thanks for clearing that up for me.
    but, but ... i love BILLY.
    stop, stop, stop... omgomgomgomg ... nooooo, i'm not going to read it, no, no, no. *runs in circles in panic*
    thank you very much ts! i'm going to be completely oblivious to all spoilers so i can FULLY ENJOY the upcoming episodes and be pleasantly surprised at the progress of GSR, and also if the spoiler will actually turn out to be exaggerated 100 times, i'm not gonna feel dissapointed at all. MWAHA.

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Of course you do, dear. (Backs away slowly)

Wow. I sure am glad I read that delicious spoiler. I mean, can you believe that they're going to show Billy like that? On CSI? *sigh*

I, um... want to apologize to Ziggy. That was totally for the purpose of scaring Adzix.

Anyone who CAN read this knows I'm just talking about kissing. Not his body. Even though Adzix would probably die if it was about his body.

And... yeah. My final word on the beard vs. no beard is this:

WP looked better with the beard, no question about it. But now that Grissom's dark years are kind of behind him, I think "Grissom" just makes more sense in a more nerdly fashion. The stupid microscope glasses, the turned-up helmet in the Chainsaw Massacre. Pure, classic, nerdly Grissom.

I just don't think "Mysterious Grissom" has a place on the show as it is right now.

ETA

Oh - question: remember that shot from the promo of Grissom looking perplexed and it seemed as if he was peering into the window of a truck or something? Has that aired yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.