Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Totally agreeing with you!! I am tired of this playing around, its cute but not satisfying. Can anybody tell me where the sara/gil fav. song thread has gone, is it closed or what or I am blind? Can I post my favorite GSR songs here in this thread????

2. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

hey there i finally got to post in this thread ... i'm sooo into GSR :D

that would be soo awesome so far i only imagine that but i agree with you that it would never happen ... too bad :p

3. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

hahahahah! I thought of something that would happen if Ecklie found out about their relationship and said something like 'it's department policy for you two not to have a relationship', or something like that.

ECKLIE: I'm sorry guys, but, you two have to leave the department, or break up.
    GRISSOM: You can't do that.
    ECKLIE: It's department policy, if you'd read the memos, you'd know.
    SARA: It's not department policy, what about Catherine and Nick?
    ECKLIE: I didn't know they were together.
    SARA: The WHOLE world knows..
    ECKLIE: They keep their relationship on hold when they're at the lab.
    GRISSOM: We do too.
    ECKLIE: *pauses* .. No, you don't! Well, I have to ask, have you two ever.. gotten physical?
    GRISSOM: Uhmm..
    SARA: heh.. well..
    GRISSOM: You don't want us to answer that..

hehe. Can you guys imagine Sara calling Grissom 'baby'? HAHAHAHAHAHA! It makes me laugh just thinking about it.. Grissom can go ahead and call Sara 'honey', but BWA HAHAHA, Sara can't call Grissom 'baby', I'd crack up laughing..

4. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

i would LOVE sara to call Grissom baby. it would be cute, but id probably laugh. hank was way younger, and that was weird, so it would be weird to hear Sara call Grissom baby. id rather see Grissom call sara baby. (that would be so undeniably cute). and i agree, id love to see flashbacks of when they first got together, or of sara or grissom remembering or thinking of something from the night before, and id love to hear them say they loved each other. i think id die. but i agree. most of that, if not all, will never happen. its too soapy. still one can dream.

5. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

is very cute sara call to griss baby and sweet only got one kiss, i think that not is impossible cause grissom say with tongues cost more but without tongues.... :D
    i think that not is soapy because they are two persons loved is the life..work,die,love... i think that is only natural ;) and well more important i see cath kissing why not sara and griss ?

6. Sara_Grissom_Fan

oh yeah i agree about a kiss-i think eventually we'll get a kiss between them, especially since WP said he wants to. im just talking about big romantic flashbacks and declarations of their undying love being unlikely. although i would like to hear the love word mentioned between them. it might, i guess we dont know.

hey so i have a question!!!!!!!

ok so well i was watching play with fire before, the one where she asks him out at the end. and i noticed something, and its bothering me.

it seemed all of a sudden out of nowhere, she was suddenly interested again. in grissom i am talking about.

yes, she was with Hank for most of the season, and only a few eps before had she and hank finished, and then shes asking grissom out. there were some cute scenes, the only one after grissom finding out that i can think of is Blood Lust where she was giddy as hell smiling from ear to ear when he told her he needed her.

but for most of the season, id noticed nothing, i mean obviously grissom was jealous about hank, that was obvious, so perhaps he backed off when he thought her a no go. i wonder what all of a sudden made her ask him out so soon after???

and then saras following him around the lab at the beginning. right before the explosion (she wouldnt have been caught up in if she hadnt followed grissom). i presumed it must have been to ask him out then. (though i thought after the expolosion, a bit tender and emotional, that might have gave her the push, like what the hell, i could die tomorrow, seize the day kinda thing) but her following him around the lab. seemed like she was gonna ask him earlier. and i was just a bit curious, cause i hadnt noticed build up prior. this doesnt feel like its making sense, but if anyone understands, can someone please explain

thankyou :)

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Spike showed a couple of episodes last night - Pledging Mr. Johnson and Fur and Loathing. I... and I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I didn't like the earlier seasons as much as I like the newer ones. By that, I suppose I mean perhaps Season 4 and beyond. It almost seems as though, when you like a show, for nostalgia's sake you praise the beginning as being when it was truly at its peak. When the ideas were fresh, the thoughts new...

But really - things just got more interesting in Season 4. People became less black and white, and, to be frank, the acting got a lot better.

So did the GSR, of course. For the first three seasons, and maybe this was because the people against more personal storylines left the show to do Miami (which is Personal-Storyline heavy, so I've no idea how that worked out), and I'm not "praising" CM here, because she's made mistakes, but...

From 1-3 it always seemed like the writers were playing GSR ping-pong. One week he loves her, the next week he's off with someone else.

One week she loves him, the next week she has no problem dating.

And even from the commentary you felt that shift. EVERY time there was a GSR scene in the first three seasons, whoever was doing commentary only seemed to talk about Sara. "Sara has a crush on Grissom" "This is hard for her because of her crush on him".

Season 4... it really did become more even. "Grissom doesn't know what to do about this" "Grissom is dealing with the fact that she looks like Sara"

We got an insight into who he was. And for the star of the show, four years is a bit of a belated period to GET that.

Did the first three have great episodes? Yes. But the characterization was just never constant. For better or worse (and often worse for GSR), they did seem to keep them going on a steady plane. He wanted her, but wasn't willing to do anything. She wanted him, but didn't want him to screw up her job if he wasn't going to do anything.

Sorry for the rant.

Because she's a horrid, horrid tease, everyone was jokingly saying we should take up a collection for GSR because "tongues cost more" to which mystery replied ominously: Maybe we won't have to. Tease.

ETA

Having said all of this, I haven't decided where Season 7 is sitting with me yet. Perhaps because it DOES feel like earlier seasons. But again - who knows? It's been three episodes. CSI has a nice little habit of never putting out its best episodes at the beginning of a season.

Okay ones, but Revenge is Best Served Cold, Chaos Theory, Viva Las Vegas, Bodies in Motion... they just weren't ones I was dying to re-watch.

It feels like around sweeps they get their footing back and start churning out the better stuff. So we'll have to see.

I definitely am more interested than I was last year.

And not specifically for the GSR - in fact, ironically, more in spite of it.

Which is kind of what I meant about inconsistent characterization. But I will try to answer this with fanwanking. Sara wanted to be with Grissom, but she settled for Hank. I think there came a point where she actually liked Hank. And at that moment, she found out he was cheating. So bye-bye Hank.

Sara probably shelved her emotions at that point. Said, "I don't know why he's closing off to me, but I'm going to try to move on".

However, she's been dumped by Hank, she's probably lonely, and she foolishly makes a grab for Grissom again. We see her following him around, but she can't work up the courage.

It's HE who takes her hand and calls her honey, and she takes it as a sign.

But I think Season 3 was where we got to see Grissom being the one mooning over her a little bit. Even if it wasn't as overt.

As for Lady Heather... some call it a cheat because she was a sweeps episode. Some say it was repressed lust for Sara, but...

Why can't he just like more than one woman?

8. Sara_Grissom_Fan

i agree about GSR been quite unpredictable and not consistent for the first 3 series'. i especially noticed it in series 3. and it really confused me. it's very obvious the writers just couldnt decide on it.

when it felt like it was, 'well we'll just forget sara likes grissom, she can hook up with hank and settle for him. while grissoms battling hearing loss. grissom can have a thing for lady heather too during too, that'll be interesting...oh hang on, this isnt working, lets break those storylines up, and start over. lets try grissom and sara again. lets just have her interested all of a sudden and asking him out. lets see how this develops.'

and on reflection, i think he was saying no to the timing and not her. the situation was just all wrong, he had personal problems with his health, she had just broke up with hank, and he probably thought her too vulnerable and it too soon after, and he was already battling with his feelings by then obviously cause he said in butterflied, his job and stuff held him back. when he said he couldnt do it.

however in the ep she was following him around, she didnt bottle it, she was following him around, and right as she was about to walk up, someone (was it nick? i forget) asks grissom if he has a second, so she leaves it. i think she was gonna ask him in spite of the explosion tenderness. well it seemed like that anyways.

and nah, he can only like one woman ok, and that is sara!. well seriously though, lady heather, it seemed like lust, like he was drawn to her mystery or whatever. i think his feelings for sara had a bit more subtance, even then. we just didnt really know it till butterflied.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

And at the time, they'd actually been gearing up to killing it off, but as WP stated earlier, and then again in a recent interview (I'm paraphrasing) "Why? We still have chemistry. This is something we should play out."

So it could be that it was just that WP said, "No" that made them rethink their plans.

In any event, like I said, if taken as a whole part of the show, Season 3 still feels like an island.

I think we did consistently see Grissom hurt by the fact that Sara had moved on. He could give her advice, like "chasing rabbits" but ultimately I think he got comfort in the fact that the only thing preventing him from being with her was himself.

It was selfish, yes, but it was true. He wanted to think that it was all up to him, and that he was the one pulling back. If she's with another person, that ruins the whole theory.

About Lady Heather... he can like more than one woman. Especially when one of the women he likes is dating someone else.

Agreed. It was bad timing. But he wouldn't have said yes until Season 5 anyway.

Because of what I mentioned above - that sense of control and building his own self-sacrifice. I think Grissom felt he needed to be alone in order to be himself. And that he needed to suffer. Who knows why?

I'm blaming Catholocism.

In any event, neither of them was ready for a relationship until Season 5.

10. Dharma

Dharma Dead on Arrival

I don't think there's any doubt that Grissom has feelings for Sara. The problem is can he risk everything (his friendship with her, friendship with his other coworkers, job, respect on the job, his own heart, etc.) to be with her. He would literally risk everything for her. Grissom is not going to take that type of risk lightly.

11. Sara_Grissom_Fan

yeah obviously he was hurt when he found out, you could see it, by the way he just didnt even answer her. and you got the impression it was nothing to do with her potentially casting doubt over evidence cause it came out she was seeing hank, but that it was personal, hence him pushing her away in the next ep, telling her to work solo, and almost punishing her for being with hank. but after that, there wasnt any evident hurt feelings expressed. everything between them almost came to a standstill till that i need you ep. perhaps it is like you say, that he was trying to deal with the fact he wasnt in control of the situation anymore because she had moved on.

and i was joking about the more than one woman thing. of course he can, i just dont wanna see that, just like i didnt wanna see her with hank. but like you said earlier, although negative, it probably worked them in the right direction in the end, since after he found out, he probably thought a lot about his feelings for her.

yeah i agree, it was obviously bad timing in series 3, i dont think she was fully thinking of the consequences then, but so she says, she was ready from series 3. in series 4, we have pent up sexual flustration in invisible evidence and then we find out, he has feelings for her, but he couldnt do it, sacrifice everything he worked for, for her, and then we have him being there for her for the dui. in series 5, things finally start moving, we have snakes confession, nesting dolls conversation, and committed. and things move in the right direction finally. since its grissom whos been holding back the relationship since series 3.

youre not sure he has real feelings for sara? its been obvious on numerous occasions he does.
    he just was a closed book, and not open for a long time, so we never really knew till butterflied. but hes consistently been there for sara since series 4, which was when it started progressing better. i think he was so reluctant at first, because he was scared, of everything really. her intentions- that she was after him cause he was her boss, for the power thing, thrill of sleeping with the boss-his insecurities-she'd find someone younger, it wouldnt last, and his job, his fears of the consequences, since he had responsibilities towards her, what he'd lose, professionally, and his fear of it not working out. things started going well, and the snakes convo was a good scene, thats where she kinda laid it all on the table and he realised, this wasnt some little crush. they both had a lot to overcome before they got together.

and him being able to be eager with others, i think was down to his fear-like wp said, saras the only one that can really hurt grissom. i think his feelings for her, were growing, and he wanted it to be right. or whatever.

i think by series 4, she was in too deep. i think if someone had came along that had interested her, she might have given it a go, all the while pining for grissom, i dont know, its hard to say, maybe not, but i think she always held out, cause she knew he felt something for her after series 4, grissom just didnt know she knew. he found it more easy with some others, that blonde 'bones lady', lady heather, etc, but with sara, he just couldnt, for the longest time, he was too afraid, i think thats a testiment to the extent of his feelings for her-he didnt take it lightly or just jump headfirst in. he felt with her, he would be risking everything, his job, heart etc, and not for the others-getting with sara was a huge decision for him, probably because he had deep feelings for her and had always pined for her, but was conflicted by the risks. so him eventually risking it all for sara in season 6, shows just how much he does feel for sara.

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Agreed. But I think the argument is that Grissom also isn't the guy to just date people because he wants to get out. He actively had feelings for the other women he dated or was with, yet he couldn't date Sara.

The only thing that makes the "It's because he knew he couldn't go halfway with her" theory have any validity is that... well, that was the whole theme of the Butterflied speech.

But in Season 3? I think that comment would've been laughable. It sort of took us watching Grissom pull away from everyone to give that any real truth.

13. jofod

jofod Police Officer

I have accidentaly deleted my pevious post so i want to clarify to Sara Grissom Fan what i meant. Like many of you has just said, there has been a great conflict between TPTB regarding the G/S storyline. On the one hand there are people like David Rambo that like and support GSR, on the other hand there are people like CM that is (or was)sceptical about GSR. This is the reason why sometimes this splot has been developed, sometimes it seemed to get nowhere. What disappointed me is because of their indecision, TBTB made Gissom behaviour incoherent. Because if we have to assume he liked Sara but he turned her down because of the age difference and their job we can't understand why at the same time he dated and slept with younger women who in one way or another are related to his job. I know this inconsistency makes the character more interesting, but this inconsistency is the principal argument who denies and/or is against this storyline. So they essentially said: Grissom has no broblem to pursue a woman if he likes her. He simply doesn't like Sara.

14. jordan

jordan Rookie

Ohhh, this is gunna be a loooong post, I can tell. =P

I agree with both of you. Grissom wouldn't take a risk like that lightly, yet he isn't someone that just dates for the fun of it, he's gotta have feelings. It has taken him quite some time to come to the point in his life where he can admit just how much he loves Sara, and actually do something about it. I think that, even though it's not yet confirmed, it did take him almost six years to find the courage inside of him to risk his career, friendships, respect, and his own heart for this one woman who's been ready to risk that for six years. It didn't take Nick being buried alive or Brass being shot to get him to do that. It could have helped, sure, but it didn't make him go "Oh, I should try for a relationship now." His co-workers having near-death experiences could have made him realize how short life can be having the job, thus making them talk about dying, but I seriously don't think that something like that makes a man finally decide to get involved in a relationship with a woman he's loved for over six years.

Adzix, I totally love the banner and I'm jealous because I don't have the technology/don't know how to make banners that amazing. =P

15. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

I think this is actually one of my favorite, at least in my top five, GSR moments. Basically, for this reason. It was important for her to let him know that it wasn't some crush that would go away. It really relates back to the Playing With Fire scene when he says he 'doesn't know what to do about this' because back then, he obviously believed it was just a crush. Now, she's giving him a new angle and really throwing it in his face that she has genuine feelings for him that won't go away over night. Does he know what to do about it now?

It is a mystery exactly what Grissom might have said had she not stopped him in the Snakes scene. I am of the persuasion that he would have asked her out right there. It seems a little out of character for him, but it's how that scene speaks to me. She stops him, like she knew what he was going to say, kind of like saying "No, it's too late for that. Now isn't the time." He looks incredibly uncomfortable, but I think it is really interesting how comfortable she actually is, sharing her feelings at that moment. I think this scene was quite the catalyst in the whole GSR going canon movement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.