Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

thank you everyone for the comments on my banner! y'all are so awesome :D
    awww, thank you. and don't deny it, you know you've got WPHS.
    i don't believe i'm hearing this. season 3 boring??? season 3 the worst??? heck no, i love S3. TAIE, A Little Murder, Abra Cadaver for god's sake, Snuff, Blood Lust (grissom in a leather jacket *thud* and major GSR), Got Murder, LHB (yay), Crush and Burn, A Night at the Movies, Last Laugh, PWF, Inside The Box to only name a few that are on my mind. and they are all fantastic, i love them. season 3 is awesome people.

in terms of GSR though i need to agree, we've got the biggest crisis in G/S relationship here. Hank, Lady Heather, not to mention LTSB. but still we've got Blood Lust. so if we are talking which season was the worst for GSR, yes, it is S3. but if we speculate on which was the worst in general, i'd ever pick 3. heck it's one of my favorite seasons. is there anywhere a better CSI shot for grissom than in the beginning of RIBSC? and then when there is that orange light behind him *dies*? maybe yes, but this one is darn hot. and c'mon, death by chocolate.
    well, i think they do. it would be a little stupid to do this without a plan. i doubt they have all GSR scenes in the season written already, but i'm sure they've got a sketch of how they want the relationship to progress and what major GSR events are to happen.

ETA: b/c ziggy decided to ignore the last page i'll post the animated TLADILA banner again.

[​IMG]
    you know you love it zig.

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Adzix, Ziggy wants me to tell you just how MUCH she loves your siggie.

In other news - what are you guys willing to bet that the person who told Sara Grissom was dull was another guy? Mile-High, perhaps?

And it's sort of being discussed elsewhere, but i don't think her "exactly" mean that she thought he was dull, or "that's why people think you're dull", maybe it was more "And yet I find that cute."

ETA

Sorry, Adzix - it's just personal taste. Those episodes never really did much for me.

3. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

I... Oh.. I... *cries*

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yeah, well i think it's like "if you completely love something, you'll always find it great no matter what". so to be honest, you'll never see me bashing an episode or criticizing it very much. and i'll never admit CSI was boring - i'll say: that ep was ok, lol.

but seriously, i love S3. it's not so "omg, we have to shock everybody, put all the CSI's in danger, and win all the ratings". it's more calm and i like it that way. not that i didn't like GrDa or any of the later drama episodes, i completely love them too.
    i knew it!
    MWAHAHAHAHA

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

lol. And I totally get that standpoint. Right now, with the competition with Grey's, and feeling a lot of people disliking the GSr storyline, it's sort of natural to be really defensive of it. To sort of go, "Yeah, it wasn't great, but it was better than the alternative". And CSI was definitely better than Grey's last week.

As I've said before, CSI hasn't gone down from its lowest point so far this season in its three episodes. Grey's has gone down each time.

It says, to me, that CSI fans stay pretty loyal. And in a time of heavy marketing, the DVD sales, I think, are a bigger indicator to the producers than the ratings.

Anyway - Ziggy says those were tears of sheer, erotic JOY.

I am sort of thinking they're going to slip in something for GSR next week, seeing as they've done so three times in a row. I really do want GSR, I really like what they've done so far, but I also hope that Greg takes center stage for the both of them. I think that this episode is a chance to redeem the somewhat neutral feeling it felt like the team had towards Brass in Way To Go. Not that they didn't care, but they simply didn't spend enough time on it. Catherine's case was totally pointless and it was time away from further Brass developments.

For me, though, Grissom's hearing felt like a bit of a cheat when you look back on it. SUCH a big deal, I think they could've made the first episode of Season 4 WAY more about him getting his sense of the job back. Instead, it was like now that he knew he didn't have to leave, he became darker. Sort of as though he'd adjusted to the thought of CSI-less life, and the fact that he was back in the middle of it, and now that he had to face his rejection towards Sara, he retreated from everyone.

Although Season 3 was much more about him and his struggle, I thought that Season 4 did a better job at it from a tone POV.

6. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

ive been watching season 3, and i have to agree, its not the best. i liked some parts of it (especially nearer the end of the season) but what with that jerk hank in the picture, grissom being preoccupied battling hearing loss, and the lady heather crap, i did find it one of my less favourite seasons, and im totally talking from a GSR angle only. cause GSR = me happy. i liked most of the eps, but its not a fav season of mine.

7. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

I just didn't like season three because of Sara's hair color. What the hell was she thinking? And if she wears those sunglasses she wore in Built to Kill pt 2, I'll hate season seven too.

Actually, I'm just kidding. I liked it all right and it's not like GSR was lacking. It's just that none of it was positive. I liked Blood Lust, Fight Night, and Play With Fire (minus the mean Grissom). The Accused is Entitled is one of my favorite episodes. Just, overall, it was just... okay.

Yeah, lol, I'm the same way. If I watch CSI with someone and they don't like the episode and they voice their opinion, I get on the defensive and I'm like, "WELL I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU DO BETTER!!" And their like, "Wow, you should chill, it's only TV." and I'm all, "NO!! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" or, I make them write "I will not dis CSI ever, ever again" on the chalkboard 250 times.

so, um, i get what you're saying, lol.

8. Dharma

Dharma Dead on Arrival

I'm saying they most certainly have a plan and have had from the very beginning. They may have revised things along the way based on certain factors, (ideas can change over time and adapt for writers) but they know exactly when, where and how GSR shipped.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Season 1-2-3 were them just getting warmed up, some good, not all- I actually liked S/3-"LHB" was good-interesting- and the 90 minutes, was cool and Brass's comments- brilliant- :lol: that was when I first saw the romantic, sensual side of Grissom, but wrong person, think he was intrigued, and she, LH was a novelty, not a real love interest!!! :( by S/4 they were all "hott" :p and my all time fav. and S/5 as well, S/6 not to well, some were good, not all, and the and now in S/7 "BTK" pt. 2 was riveting!!!, so hopefully , this season, will all have some answers about the awesome/twosome :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

As much as the Hank storyline was technically bad for GSR shippers, and I really wished Sara had just broken things off rather than a cheap "cheating" sub-plot, it was actually good for GSR itself on several levels. Firstly, that we kind of saw Sara going, "I need to get out more", and I'm about 99% sure that it's Hank she calls in You've Got Male, AND, well... yes, Sara got flirted with. And she was the fixation of a few guys in the lab - Hodges, David, Greg - but she never really had a romantic interest in the same way Grissom had with Teri Miller or Lady Heather.

So Sara got hers'. She got someone she liked and who liked her back and who she got to be with, if just for a while.

ETA Also, I think it caused a lot of sympathy for Grissom. He was really struck by her dating Hank in TAiE, and we see him turning a little pouty about it from there on, but it generated a lot of Grissom support that had started to go downhill. Because, of course, I think the community saw him the way they saw Sara when Sofia entered the picture - just the bystander. End of ETA

And it made things a bit more even between them.

Also, we got to see JealousGrissom, which may, for my angst's worth, be the best Grissom ever. JealousGrissom is just that nice mixture of hurt, sad, posessive and a little bit selfish that kind of brings out his darker nature. Like we saw when Greg flirts with her in Committed.

No, that's not a good Grissom to have around a lot of the time, but it's nice to see that he cares enough about her to BE jealous. Especially in Season 3.

And it proved to Grissom that she wasn't just going to wait around for him.

I think my qualm with season 3 is just that... it didn't feel like anyone moved anywhere. In season 1, the introductions happened, in season 2 the characters deepened, in season 4 they darkened, 5 I think we saw the aftermath of the darkening of 4 and the breakdowns that ensued with everyone, and season 6 was like the sort of strange, bitter sunshine after the storm. Not totally comfortable, still a little murky, but overall good.

Season 3 seems sort of iscolated in that way. If anything, they just reverted back to Season 2 and moved on.

ETA

Again, sorry - watched Swap Meet on Spike (one of the few episodes that, and not just for the GSR, I can watch again and again. Don't know why. It's not the sex) and I never noticed a couple of things:

But they kind of bleed into one-another.

Firstly:

Grissom and Sara are always mirrored in the shot. She's outside talking to the husband, he's inside talking to the wife, but you can always see one of them in that entire sequence when the other is featured.

And when the wife makes the crack about even "he" having fantasies, his eyes drift to the spot where Sara is, beyond the glass, before she starts guessing who it is.

Brass's eyes also go somewhat slantwards to where Sara would be.

11. poppie

poppie Victim

Hi all Poppie here haven't been around in a while but I have to leave my two cents on the new season.

I'm totally enjoying the new season. The writing seems tighter the story lines are, I have to say some of the best we have gotten from CSI in a long time.

A lot of people have said that they weren't over joyed with "Toe Tags" but I have to be honest I loved it. I loved the whole thing from start to finish.

Seeing the cases from the victims POV was so cool. I also loved Grissom in teacher mode and the smiles he gives at the end to the female student when she asks him questions.

HMMMMMM wonder who she reminded him of to put that smile on his face. Le Sigh!!!

Maybe I'm blinded by the fact that we have had GSR in all the new episodes but I am just enjoying the fact that we have Canon and hopefully it will continue unharmed for the rest of the season.

Poppie x x x.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

What I really wan to see is some kind of flashback scene,where they show us when and how it all started.Grissom making the first step and asking sara out or sara making the first move. Grissom simply grabbing her and kissing her.. I can so imagine that he didnt say much at all but thinking to himself something like.."Well, its now or never!! I will not allow myself to loose her , so lets do it!!!" and wrapping sara in his arms kissing her. Or sara looking him deep in the eye, and he couldnt help but surrender!! A scene where sara says to grissom: Do you sometimes think about how IT all began ?... and then we all get to see it...

13. cindy

cindy Hit and Run

That's exactly what i was thinking,it would be so great!
    But i don't think this would happened,i mean this seems to be too soapy for the show.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

It depends on what you show and how much of it,them smiling at eachgother and having a tiny kiss is not soapy. I would not expect a large dialoge them saying: Oh I love you so much and stuff like that but him holding her hand and so on wouldnt harm any one and are not too soapy...or??

15. cindy

cindy Hit and Run

I'd like to see a "i love you,i love you" scene!well,i will problably have a heart attack but that would be so GREAT!
    I hope we gonna see them closer in the next episodes,I'm a bit tired with the eyesex, i want too see more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.