Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

yeah i think after that, he would totally be more comfortable with it now, the first time youre with someone new, its always equally exciting and scary. i think after the first time, he'd be all over her, the eye sex showed he had major lust in his eyes for her, lol, but i think at the start when it was delicate and new, it would be a little different.

2. Dharma

Dharma Dead on Arrival

Grissom is very good at expressing himself nonverbally. I'm sure he could come on to her without saying a single word.

As for the writers, I think they knew exactly when, where and how GSR launched.

3. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

they actually didnt apparently, either Jorja Fox or WP, i forget which, said so in an interview.
    so nothing definate at this stage, which is why there are so many viewpoints about the timeline. nothings certian.

desertwind -thanks for the pic, sara looks pretty as usual :D

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

In "Toe Tags" they, well, Sara did mention their connection in Frisco!!! and who knows what went down there!! and your welcome, GSF
    Sara/Jorja never changes, look's the same as she did in S/1-amazing- it's that good clean living-Her's one in S/2 I believe its "Cool Change" with her hair curly-cute

[​IMG]

5. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

I think that picture is from Cool Change. I really liked her hair in season one, but my favorite hair styles of hers were season two and near the end of five. I don't really like the way it is now. It makes her look a lot older.

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Oh, I agree. But I'm saying that it was very up and down. We'd have something like Up In Smoke and everyone would say, "Season 6 sucks" and then we'd have Roshomama and it would be like "Well, it's not that bad - that was SO good" on and on.

Was 6 the worst? No. I think in terms of boredom, I can't even remember much of what happened in 2 and 3. While individual scenes or episodes may have been good, those seasons on a whole just struck me as uneventful. At the very least, seasons 1,4,5 and 6 had really knock-them-out-of-the-park events that elevated them.

...And good GSR.

Shuffles feet. Sorry, 'Lyssa.

Long, grey jackets? Aren't they just the usual labcoats?

Both in terms of GSR and casefiles, 6 was definitely the "Don't miss the trees for the forest" season.

Sorry if someone else answered this, but basically Sarah Goldfinger wrote a script for Gum Drops in, like, July or August. Everyone liked it - they were surprised by it. It was definitely a risky episode on many levels. The first being a missing child, being abusive with a suspect, domestic drugs, the CSI's out of town a la Jackpot, etc. etc.

BUT it also had a scene where, in the middle of the night, Grissom gets up from his bed, walks over to Sara's room, and knocks on her door. He wakes he up, she opens the door, and he says: "Greg snores". Sara just opens the door further without a word, he steps inside, the screen goes black and - quote - there is "heavy breathing".

I believe that there was also supposed to pointedly be one bed. The next morning, Sara and Grissom discuss the case (and I think this was the part they replaced with the gang around the morning breakfast table) with Grissom reading the paper and Sara in nothing but a towel.

In other words? It was going to be dead obvious that they had been up all night - and not reviewing casefiles.

I think that the finale was supposed to mimmick that whole idea of the robe/towel and him in bed.

Either way, they never released the official script, but that's what was written.

WP's nephew died RIGHT before they began filming and understandably, he had to go be with his family. Some changes were made, Nick was given Grissom's main part in the story, and the scene was written out.

7. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Oh you did not just diss season 2.

Hello holy GSR in Scuba Doobie Doo, Burden of Proof, Primum Non Nocere and The Hunger Artist (to name a few).

The return and deaths of Paul Millander (in Identity Crisis) and Tammy Felton (in And Then There Were None) not to mention the intro of Lady Heather in Slaves of Las Vegas. Nick being stalked in Stalker? Catherine being abducted in The Finger?

That is so not uneventful.

Plenty of those were fantastic episodes. As was Alter Boys. And these are just off the top of my head.

The only bad things I can think of are the appearences Skank Boy makes, and Cross Jurisdictions :p

Oh, and Adz - that banner? Have I told you lately that I love you <3 Not because I have WPHS, but because I love the torture those who are the anti-WPHS (love you, Zig)

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Okay, okay - Season 3 was boring, though.

And bad for the GSR.

No dates? Hank?

9. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Yeah, season 3 sucked.

I liked The Accused is Entitled - spades of angst in there. Lady Heather's Box was interesting, but bad for GSR. That moment at the end with Cathering lying on her bed sobbing, with Lindsay coming to comfort her, however, will always stick out in my mind. Play With Fire was good with the 'honey' but bad with the turn-down.

But with the others? I either fully can't remember them, or I remember hating/not caring about them. At least it was the last we saw of Skank Boy though.

Awful, awful season - talk about a downer. At least we got back to good episodes and great GSR in S4.

10. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

What a loss. But doesn't that kind of help us establish a timeline? If the only reason it was rewritten was because Billy couldn't be there, then that means they already decided to put Grissom and Sara together by episode four. Perhaps they decided, after having to ditch the original script, that they wanted to just keep it a secret anyway.

Holler!

Edited to say: Play With Fire just made me mad at Grissom. Not really because he turned her down, but how he did it. She asked him and he was really cold about it. I don't think that was necessary.

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Yeah, on a GSR level and on a general episode calibre overall (even with a couple of good ones) I think it's safe to say 3 was the worst. But even so... CSI has never been flat-out BAD. Its biggest complaint is simply in being dull, which for a show that strives for bizzare fetishes and weird cases, it's surprising that they haven't hit horridly campy yet.

GSR kind of goes with this as well - we aren't getting make-outs, we aren't getting angst (yet)... they just seem to be very nicely showing the sweetness and the complexity of two people who happen to be dating at work.

You know, and as WP said, it's not like Sara and Grissom can go out for dinner like a normal couple without someone recognizing them.

So there's probably a lot of pent-up "We need to do more stuff together" feeling, and no, not about sex. Which may explain why he's almost foolishly attached at the hip with her at the moment.

As for Playing With Fire - I think we saw him kind of going, "My God I screwed up by letting my guard down earlier - now I have to pretend to be the polar opposite". Of the two scenes - honey and no, which felt more real and which more forced?

Plus if you pay careful attention, the No scene is RIGHT after he's picked the hearing doctor's name out of a his rolladex. So he has the weight of having slipped up with regards to Sara knowing how he felt, in the wake of her own breakup and him feeling like she doesn't like him, and then sort of surprised by her invitation (maybe even wondering if he wasn't being treated like rebound?) and making a gutteral, if not harsh, response.

I don't think either of them could've handled a relationship just then anyway. And maybe that was also what he was thinking - not no to her, just no to her timing.

12. cindy

cindy Hit and Run

I have a question:do you think we'll get some GSR in "fannysmakin"?
    I know this is supposed to be greg's episod and i'm happy because I like greg,but i was thinking this couldalso be a great GSR episod.we could see sara being all upset by what's happened to greg and grissom would comfort her.That would be so cute...

13. Dharma

Dharma Dead on Arrival

As a writer, I find it very difficult to write about characters without knowing intimate details of their lives and would personally find it near impossible to write interactions between Gris and Sara without knowing the state of their relationship. At this point, I'm not convinced the writers at the very least didn't know the state of GSR.

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Fannysmackin's promos, so far, have all been of K-Fed or Greg or Nick or Warrick. The promo doesn't hint at any GSR, nor have the spoilers we got from Gibby. Having said that, she didn't give us GSR alerts for BTK parts 1 and 2 and we got some GSR there. To be frank, I think right now the writers want to play with the idea that GSR is known to the audience, suggesting that scenes just like those were happening all last year, they just weren't shown. But for the sake of over-saturation, I do hope Fannysmackin' provides a break from GSR.

Are you saying you DO think they have a plan or that they don't?

15. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

I've missed like, 2 pages. I was on the island for an afternoon, and then trying to sleep off a mono flareup, but I'm BACK now. Anyway, I"m just going to ignore the 2 pages I've missed.

I didn't really like Toe Tags. I thought it was boring, and it was hard to get into such short, easily resolved cases. And the first blush scene was really underwhelming, after gearing up for it for so long. *sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.