The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

^
    Oh, okay, thanks :) She was listed as being in the cast before.

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I haven't watched a film for ages. :eek: The last film I saw was 'A Few Good Men' about a month ago. It was very good, especially the whole 'I want the truth' 'You can’t handle the truth' part. :lol: I really like Jack Nicholson films, so I really enjoyed it. I'm not really a Demi Moore fan, but she was okay. Tom Cruise was just Tom Cruise. :rolleyes: Kiefer Sutherland was very good, it’s a shame his part was quite a small one.

3. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

ThisIsMe- I'm jealous that you're doing the VIFF thing. I couldn't afford it this year, but I loved it last year. Sarah Polley is always amazing.

I finally got around to seeing Brokeback Mountain. I found it kinda boring, to be honest. Not much of a plot going on. However, it was still a beautiful love story, and I particularly enjoyed Michelle Williams. She did a really great job of playing the unwanted wife.

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Dead on Arrival

I went to a free advanced screenin' of The Departed tonight up in north Austin.

Pretty good movie. Matt Damon & Leonardo DiCaprio carry the film, with Jack Nicholsan, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin & Mark Wahlberg in strong supportin' roles. Anthony Anderson was completely wasted, though, in his minor part, and there are some other familiar faces in the movie.

5. Tinkerbell

^^^ I really want to see that movie, I've seen trailers and interviews and it looks really good. It's got a great cast as well. :)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I so want to see that film as well just because of who is in it!!!

7. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

The Departed looks awesome. I remember when Matt Damon first made Good Will Hunting, my mom and I talked about how he'd be awesome in a movie with Leo DiCaprio. We had to wait almost 10 years, but that movie is finally here. I bet it'll rock :)

Last night I watched Crash. I own it and it's one of the most amazing movies I've ever seen, and imho one of the few that actually deserved the Oscar it won. It portrays so many different scenarios involving racism, on levels from mild to intense. It makes you really stop and think about your own opinions and feelings involving people of different race from yourself. I think that everyone on Earth should be made to watch this movie.. it may not change the way you feel, but it'll definitely make you think.

8. PurpleBlood

PurpleBlood Rookie

The last movie I saw was "Poseidon".

It was okay. I would have liked to have seen more character depth but I basically wanted to see it just so I could watch Josh Lucas. :)

9. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

I saw about 4 or 5 films last year. I've only gone to the three so far this year, but there's a couple more next week I'm wanting to see. That is, as always, if time and money allow :)

10. gream_reaper

gream_reaper Police Officer

Believe it or not: BLACK HAWK DOWN.

I was watching it last week and I swear I was dead sleepy after watching it when in ended at midnight.

11. Ex_Mrs_Maclom

Ex_Mrs_Maclom Hit and Run

I saw The Guardian this morning with my school. I made proficent on my Benchmark test so the principal rewarded everyone who passed by taking us to the movies and that's what we saw.

Anyway, I honestly loved it. I kinda thought it was a little longer than it needed to be but it was well worth the wait. All I have to say is BYOB-bring your own box of Klenex. I am beyond serious on this folks! You'll need them!

12. Comte

Comte Police Officer

Hmm..Ages since i saw any movie...
    Let me try to recall...
    If i'm not mistaken it was The Rundown...

A pretty average film...

13. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Tom yum goong (Honour of the Dragon - 2005)
    A Thai moevie about 2 elephants that get stolen to Australia which is a big deal and one guy has to bring them back to Thailand. It is a martial art flick :lol:

14. Tinkerbell

Last night I watched 'Catch Me If You Can'. It was very good actually, Leonardo DiCaprio and Christopher Walken were both very good in their roles. I did enjoy the ending to the film. Quite amazing really considering it was based on a true story. :eek:

15. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

I was dragged to watch 'The Devil Wears Prada' by my friends, and it was okay. Very predictable though (which is why I rarely watch chick flicks) but Meryl Streep was brilliant, there were some funny moments and Vince Chase, I mean, Adrian Grenier ( ;) ) was cute so it wasn't too bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.